Do you think Dawn might stay in the next region? - Page 19

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think Dawn might stay in the next region?

Default Re: Do you think Dawn might stay in the next region?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    I would be all for stopping with that subject,but some people just keep bringing her up and its not Misty fans who only reply to comments directed to them.
    I'm sure you've heard of the saying, "The wiser head gives in." As frustrating as it may be, why shouldn't you be the ones to remain silent? Someone has to start.

If I defended Ash on every occasion in which he is criticized in some way, I'd have a full-time job on my hands. Sometimes I need to let off steam and step in once in a while, but what you guys are doing is pointless.

Any attempts at being some sort of internet police which tries to reason with everyone has failed so far, and you guys will fail as well. Not because your arguments are weak, but because some people are either too unreasonable, don't do their research or simply because they have a different view and opinion on things and are not willing to change it. You're fighting a losing battle. Accept it.

Dawn is a sweetheart and I'd love it if she stayed around for a while longer, but I can't see it. We've seen examples of girls leaving without any foreshadowing at all, or with foreshadowing that may have been timely enough but which was based on the absurd theory that said girl "battles the wrong way".

I wouldn't put it past them to create another of those horrible plot devices, even if there aren't so many episodes left any more. However, if they actually deliver a credible reason for her departure and a goodbye that isn't on the same emotional level as eating cold pasta, I'll be fine with it.
    Last edited by Sushi; 21st May 2010 at 12:14 PM.

追放されたバカ

Going by that logic we could say same thing about Tracey,May,Max etc who havent been brought back.

Its bex+yond absurd to believe how Misty isnt liked by writers.THey wrote for her for 5 years,introdiuced her in hosos,gave her cameos nd many references with said character populting huge popularity.
    Nevertheless speaking of variets,hence what i said it seems how writers rplace girls not bringing them back because of having someone new to act as "eye candy".Doesnt mean things cant change,though.
    Tracey, May, and Max were never at the level of importance Dawn is.

You cant predict so much into the distant future, but as Hidaka says, Misty is never going to be in the main cast again. He did not say anything about this pertaining to all the girls.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by MisterUrban View Post
    Tracey, May, and Max were never at the level of importance Dawn is.

You cant predict so much into the distant future, but as Hidaka says, Misty is never going to be in the main cast again. He did not say anything about this pertaining to all the girls.
    He explicitly said that they like to switch up the girls (as in "in general" which basically means all of them) for eyecandy purposes only. If he said "he switched Misty with May for eyecandy," without even implying anything about Dawn, then you might have a point.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Weedle Mchairybug View Post
    He explicitly said that they like to switch up the girls (as in "in general" which basically means all of them) for eyecandy purposes only. If he said "he switched Misty with May for eyecandy," without even implying anything about Dawn, then you might have a point.
    That depends on how much eye candy the new girl can bring. What's the point of switching if she does not fit the demographic or is plain in comparison to the previous girl. So that's why they have chosen to stick with Dawn, at least that's one factor.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

That depends on how much eye candy the new girl can bring. What's the point of switching if she does not fit the demographic or is plain in comparison to the previous girl. So that's why they have chosen to stick with Dawn, at least that's one factor.
    Um, just looking at her picture... I'm thinking a lot.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

In all honesty, I was of the opinion of that if Dawn won the Grand Festival, she wouldn't follow Ash to the new region, since I thought it would feel like that she accomplished her goal. But if she lost, she would follow Ash and most likely wear her version of Gen V girl's outfit. I find that since she did lose the GF, and the fact that she's staying with Ash to cheer for him in the league, is a sign that she might be staying past Gen IV. She might try to better herself in Isshu region and participate in the contests over there, provided contest are staying in the games.

追放されたバカ

Ash did not have any female rivals this generation. Maybe the new girl could be his next rival, just to mix things up because she does not look like the cutesy type, more like someone who battles.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Any attempts at being some sort of internet police which tries to reason with everyone has failed so far, and you guys will fail as well. Not because your arguments are weak, but because some people are either too unreasonable, don't do their research or simply because they have a different view and opinion on things and are not willing to change it.
    Well thats true,cant argue with this.

Probably because noone asked about other girls returning.Besides,as i mentioned before what has been said shouldnt be taken as "set in stone".Things change,with writers changing their plans.

Given the age difference between White and Black with previous characters, I think it's far more likely that FINALLY Brock will get replaced (with Black) and Dawn will get to stick around since she's so damn good with marketting.

追放されたバカ

Well thats true,cant argue with this.
    I can. I have witnessed how people who, upon ignoring certain people, actually became responsible for allowing worse things to happen. We ignored the whole issue about Japan invading China, and by the time we did, it was already too late. Same thing with Clinton ignoring Osama Bin Laden as if the latter were the playground bully, that failed, and in fact resulted in far worse things happening (ie, 9/11). By remaining silent, we end up allowing the fans to get away with bullying Misty Fans even if they never even did anything to hurt them.

Probably because noone asked about other girls returning.Besides,as i mentioned before what has been said shouldnt be taken as "set in stone".Things change,with writers changing their plans.
    That I agree with. In fact, really, the only time we should ever be absolutely 100% certain, beyond a doubt, that Misty, or any of the characters, can never return to the main cast is if the show ended before any of the characters COULD return.

Given the age difference between White and Black with previous characters, I think it's far more likely that FINALLY Brock will get replaced (with Black) and Dawn will get to stick around since she's so damn good with marketting.
    And during AG, so was May. Didn't stop her from being replaced. It's also possible that both Dawn and Brock leave the main cast and be replaced with the BW characters. In fact, going by that interview, not just "possible," but also pretty darn likely.

And during AG, so was May. Didn't stop her from being replaced. It's also possible that both Dawn and Brock leave the main cast and be replaced with the BW characters. In fact, going by that interview, not just "possible," but also pretty darn likely.
    May was never marketed with the same fervor as Dawn is. She wasn't as popular, at least with merchandise.

I'd say it's unlikely to have both Brock and Dawn replaced, simply because that puts Ash as the youngest member in the group again. Which after 13 years of knowing him, is incredibly odd.

Which interview?

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Ren the Ryoko View Post
    May was never marketed with the same fervor as Dawn is. She wasn't as popular, at least with merchandise.

I'd say it's unlikely to have both Brock and Dawn replaced, simply because that puts Ash as the youngest member in the group again. Which after 13 years of knowing him, is incredibly odd.

Which interview?
    Water Pokemon Master's interview with Masamitsu Hidaka. What other interview could I be referring to? As much as I want Dawn to stay if only to break the trend, the mere fact that Dawn replaced May even after Masamitsu Hidaka was demoted suggests they aren't going to back down.

Water Pokemon Master's interview with Masamitsu Hidaka. What other interview could I be referring to? As much as I want Dawn to stay if only to break the trend, the mere fact that Dawn replaced May even after Masamitsu Hidaka was demoted suggests they aren't going to back down.
    You're going to either have to provide a link or actually let people know what the interview that you're referring to said. And how what it said actually relates to the topic.

Is it the "Misty was replaced because May was better eyecandy" interview?
    Because that has nothing to do with Dawn staying.

Yes, the trend would be for Dawn to get replaced by White, but we do have several reasons to think that won't happen.
    Most importantly is that White and Black are confirmed to be older than Dawn. Replacing Dawn with White would age the whole cast making Ash the youngest person in the group for the first time since Misty left 8 years ago.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ren the Ryoko View Post
    Is it the "Misty was replaced because May was better eyecandy" interview?
    It was only stated how they like switching girls by giving new "eye candy".Not because other girls are better "eye candys" than older ones.

Yes, the trend would be for Dawn to get replaced by White, but we do have several reasons to think that won't happen.
    Yes,but there are also reasons why people think the opposite might happen.

Blog Entries

Most importantly is that White and Black are confirmed to be older than Dawn. Replacing Dawn with White would age the whole cast making Ash the youngest person in the group for the first time since Misty left 8 years ago.
    Unless we have a time-skip, that could happen. I get the feeling they'll try to reinvent the anime just like they have done with BW compared to previous games.

So that's why they have chosen to stick with Dawn, at least that's one factor.
    Chosen to stick with Dawn? No. Dawn has had roughly the same course as May and less than Misty's course on the show. Now, if we can follow previous patterns, then now Is about the time Dawn Is due to leave. We haven't yet discovered if they've 'chosen to stick with Dawn' >.>

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast