Do you think Ash will finally meet Ho-oh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Do you think Ash will finally meet Ho-oh?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Do you think Ash will finally meet Ho-oh?

After 15 years Ash is finally meeting Giovanni, (aside from briefly seeing him in Mewtwo Returns), but the one legendary Ash still has never fully seen outside of glimpses is Ho-oh.

I never understood why to this day Ho-oh never got a movie, even back when HGSS came out, and I don't understand why after so many more important legends are featured after it...Ho-oh just remain obscure.

I think it would be fitting closure for Ash to finally meet Ho-oh at some point, maybe after he finally wins a league.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Do you think Ash will finally meet Ho-oh?

Ho-oh had nothing to do with ash, it was just a tease for the next generation.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? He met the other 35 legendaries...so why can't he meet this one?

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? He met the other 35 legendaries...so why can't he meet this one?
    He could meet a ho-oh, but he won't ever meet the one he saw years ago.

Plus i'm actually surprised ho-oh has really never had a big role in the anime :S
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Blog Entries

He loses the unova league, gets depressed, loses the ability to speak, evolves his starters, grabs snorlax, pays a visit to OI to get his lapras, travels up to Mt.silver for 3 years, gets beaten by Ethan, jumps off Mt.silver, and then Ho-oh takes pity on him and resurrects Ash and Pikachu at 10 years old without any prior memories, ending the show with the two of them running off towards a new adventure in the distance.

Then we can get a new protagonist

If only...

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think that Ho-oh will only appear when it is seen as Tobias' last Pokémon in his and Ash's final 6-on-6 battle.

Otherwise I don't think that it'll ever appear until the end of the show.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Remember the teaser for Movie 13 at the end of Movie 12 that showed Lugia and Ho-oh, implying that the 13th movie would be about Lugia and Ho-oh? I was really excited to see that Ho-Oh would finnaly get a major role in the anime in the 13th movie, but then was disappointed when the full title was announced, and it had all the Johto legendaries but those two, and instead, replaced by an overrated furry magnet Zoroark. This was a major turn down for me, as I was really excited to finally see Ho-Oh full time in the anime.

I think that Ash MIGHT meet Ho-oh someday if the writers of the anime put enough thought into it, and have an open time to put a story for it, problem is that the legendaries from whatever current generation is going on (in this case, Gen 5), always get in the way, and they can only market those Pokemon. I mean, it's clear they had an opportunity back when HG/SS were still out, but that time has passed sadly.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    After 15 years Ash is finally meeting Giovanni, (aside from briefly seeing him in Mewtwo Returns), but the one legendary Ash still has never fully seen outside of glimpses is Ho-oh.

I never understood why to this day Ho-oh never got a movie, even back when HGSS came out, and I don't understand why after so many more important legends are featured after it...Ho-oh just remain obscure.

I think it would be fitting closure for Ash to finally meet Ho-oh at some point, maybe after he finally wins a league.
    I'm pretty sure Ho-oh is just a symbol for him where ever he travels. Unless he catches the peacock than I don't see why he has to meet it.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Nope. It's been too long, and now it would be too litte, too late.

Giovanni has had a presence in the anime over the years thanks to cameos and the Trio doing everything they do for him (even if they SO didn't get it for a long time) and think the producers have would've even had them meet sooner if other stuff hadn't kept coming up.
    Ho-oh, on the other hand has made, what, 4 or 5 appearaces for about a couple of minutes of screentime and NO role other to than to inspire Ash. And heck, he's gotten inspiration from other sources.

If Ho-oh ever DOES make a real apperance, so much the better. But he's the most screwed over of the Legendaries and I doubt that'll EVER change (poor dope)
    Last edited by SammyW27; 23rd September 2012 at 09:18 AM.

Blog Entries

I think TV Tokyo have forgotten about Ho-oh
    Get your game on!

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

No. But if one person was to, it would be Iris.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Ash will probably get the chance to battle Ho-oh at the end of the Pokemon anime.

I'm guessing since Ho-oh is the Rainbow Bird, it represents hopes and dreams - the typical overused words for anime with extensive travels, and therefore, it will only be after Ash completes his journey will he be able to get a chance to meet it.

Blog Entries

Ho-Oh isn't just a symbol of hope for Ash to follow. Does no one here remember the Burned Tower episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Morty
    It was built to promote understanding between humans and Pokémon, and my ancestors protected it for generations. Over the decades, the Tin Tower became a special place for another reason. It was the only place on earth where Ho-Oh, the legendary Pokémon, made contact with humans. Ho-Oh's visits were a sign of peace, but it would only appear to a chosen few. Only those guarding the tower. Then, one day, invaders came who sought to use the Ho-Oh's power for evil! In the ensuing battle, the Tin Tower was set afire! The Ho-Oh fled... it ceased to make contact with humans... and it has never returned. Some wanted to rebuild the tower, but my ancestors insisted that it be left as a witness for future generations of man's brutality -- but they also decided to build a new Tin Tower. Their hope was that the Ho-Oh might return, to a new place of peace. So far... these hopes have been in vain.... We've waited so long that some people say that Ho-Oh was a legend that never really existed.
    Despite some alterations from the games' story, the main idea of Ho-Oh being a promoter of peace and mutual understanding was translated into the anime. Ash meeting Ho-Oh properly would not just be another legendary encounter; it would be proof of Ash's unique relationship with Pokémon. In contrast, it doesn't seem that Ash facing Giovanni (for the second time) is that big a deal. So I would say that Ash shouldn't meet Ho-Oh unless the writers want to make the most of such a storyline.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Er, if I recall, Ash hasn't met Raikou either. That was Jimmy in the Pokemon Chronicles episodes titled The Legend of Thunder Part 1 and 2. Ash only got to SEE a shiny Raikou in Zoroark: Master of Illusion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Er, if I recall, Ash hasn't met Raikou either. That was Jimmy in the Pokemon Chronicles episodes titled The Legend of Thunder Part 1 and 2. Ash only got to SEE a shiny Raikou in Zoroark: Master of Illusion.
    He met him still.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast