Do you intended to watch the Pokemon anime forever? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you intended to watch the Pokemon anime forever?

Default Re: Do you intended to watch the Pokemon anime forever?

I have no plans of stopping. I stopped once because I was an idiot and the cool kids didn't watch Pokémon. Now that I'm older and I started watching again, I don't see a reason to stop, even with the awful quality of BW. Sure, the anime's not what it used to be in DP, but if it was a chore to watch episodes every week, I would've stopped a long time ago. I will probably stop only when I don't have time for it, but I seriously doubt my schedule will be so tight that I can't give up 20-30 minutes a week.

I stopped once, when I was a kid, but I don't even remind why. Perhaps because Cartoon Network started to reprise the AG again, and I lost interest, or something like that.

Anyway, I don't think I will stop watching Pokémon, despite the facepalms and disappointments I did to some episodes or scenes.

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

Blog Entries

The odds of me giving up the anime are about the same as Ash winning a league tournament...NEVER

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I honestly can't say for sure at this point. It would depend on how much longer it goes and if the quality continues to drop in my eyes. I don't see myself watching it after 10+ years from now - though only time will tell on that - and if it retains the flaws from BW that soured my mouth, then I can see myself calling it quits. For now, however, I will continue watching it and will be eagerly awaiting the X&Y series.

Things can't last forever, so I'm at least willing to research info on the anime if I need to. I'm an adult so I can't spend my life watching a kids show forever just because it doesn't end 30 years. That's too much time spent on one show.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Things can't last forever, so I'm at least willing to research info on the anime if I need to. I'm an adult so I can't spend my life watching a kids show forever just because it doesn't end 30 years. That's too much time spent on one show.
    Since most of the other shows I watch are also kids shows, spending years watching Pokemon doesn't seem too strange to me.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i plan to watch it til either the show ends or i have taken my last breath. i also keep planning to watch it because ill have more big dummies to poke fun at and complain about

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Nope, I refuse. And there are still AG (most of season 9) and DP (late season 11,12, and 13) episodes that I have'nt seen and the only reason why I have seen most of BW is because BW is shorter than all 3 series.

It's to tiring to watch the full series and I lose interest sometimes.

It's really cool seeing all these dedicated fans. :) Good on you all!

Well, for me, when I was a kid, I watched Pokemon every morning at 7am/6am on Cheese TV. I only started watching the show during the end of Johto-beginning of AG, but I borrowed videos of the first season almost every week. (Haha, videos and Cheese TV.. that was a long time ago)

I lost interest once I grew up because the story was going nowhere. It wasn't until mid way DP when I started getting interested because they actually decided to add plot, character development and really, really cool teams. I mean, Ash was actually training his Pokemon. lol

You can guess why I'm losing interest in the current BW Anime again. I'll stick around until X and Y as I hope the next season will be better, for me personally. If it doesn't shape up, I will probably ship out. :c

I'll always enjoy Pokemon overall. I mean, who wouldn't. :D

Smile~

I WILL WATCH THIS SHOW UNTIL WE COME THE SERIS FINALE I THINK BECAUSE THE EPISODES JUST GET BETTER AND BETTER TO ME AT LEAST.

I've been watching it practically since it started, but didn't watch it on a regular basis until mid-Johto. Until it ends, I'm in pretty deep at this point.

Besides, anything that's constantly "to be continued*" requires some degree of commitment, but that's just me.

*except when it says "Next time... A new beginning!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Since most of the other shows I watch are also kids shows, spending years watching Pokemon doesn't seem too strange to me.
    True but Pokémon has been on for a while now and most people I know have moved on. It's just something that people grow out of. However, I still sometimes play the games but the show has been repetitive for me in allot of ways so I get bored at times. One day I'll have to call it a quits because dragging on to any show isn't really worth it. But I get what your saying though.

True but Pokémon has been on for a while now and most people I know have moved on. It's just something that people grow out of. However, I still sometimes play the games but the show has been repetitive for me in allot of ways so I get bored at times. One day I'll have to call it a quits because dragging on to any show isn't really worth it. But I get what your saying though.
    Most of the people I knew who were into Pokemon dropped it ages ago too, but that doesn't really matter to me. Some people grow out of it, but I never did and considering that I've watched this series for over a decade, I doubt that I ever will. I want to keep watching the show despite its flaws because I enjoy talking about it online, as well as with a friend who also like Pokemon, and it is fun. I see no problem with keeping up with the show. It might be difficult as I get older and there will be more important stuff on my plate, as there is now, but I can't really see myself dropping the show completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Most of the people I knew who were into Pokemon dropped it ages ago too, but that doesn't really matter to me. Some people grow out of it, but I never did and considering that I've watched this series for over a decade, I doubt that I ever will. I want to keep watching the show despite its flaws because I enjoy talking about it online, as well as with a friend who also like Pokemon, and it is fun. I see no problem with keeping up with the show. It might be difficult as I get older and there will be more important stuff on my plate, as there is now, but I can't really see myself dropping the show completely.
    I see where you're coming from, but personally, the flaws over the years have been accumulating in my eyes, so it's made things even tougher to hold out. Add to that in general I'm fatigued by the idea that the journey will never end, and seems to be aimless at this point, so it's just frustrating to see that for me. I always thought someday Ash and company would realize their dreams, and the series would end. Sadly for me, the game sales will indefinitely continue the anime, and thus Ash's tale has no end in sight. Finally, and most importantly, maybe it's time to accept that I'm growing out of the series. All of that together just makes it seem like a prolonged painful experience to continue to watch the series.

I'm one of the few who liked some of BW, namely BWS1 and BWS2: Episode N, even dubbed (except BW116-- that was just horrific for me), but I can't say I've been following the series with a good conscience over the last few years. Things have simply changed too much for my liking, I suppose.

I do think it's cool you plan to stay onboard despite your dissatisfaction with BW. I did that for DP myself, but I just don't think I can take much more of the way things are now. My plan is to just finish the BW series, and go game-only afterwards. :)
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 29th June 2013 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but personally, the flaws over the years have been accumulating in my eyes, so it's made things even tougher to hold out. Add to that in general I'm fatigued by the idea that the journey will never end, and seems to be aimless at this point, so it's just frustrating to see that for me. I always thought someday Ash and company would realize their dreams, and the series would end. Sadly for me, the game sales will indefinitely continue the anime, and thus Ash's tale has no end in sight. Finally, and most importantly, maybe it's time to accept that I'm growing out of the series. All of that together just makes it seem like a prolonged painful experience to continue to watch the series.
    I can understand that feeling as well with the flaws increasing over the years. Ash being on an endless journey doesn't really bother me though. I thought that the series would only last through Kanto, but I was fine with it going longer and I figured that Ash would just go on with his journey without becoming a Pokemon Master ages ago. If I was watching the show to see Ash reach his goal, I probably would have gotten tired of it a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN
    I'm one of the few who liked some of BW, namely BWS1 and BWS2: Episode N, even dubbed (except BW116-- that was just horrific for me), but I can't say I've been following the series with a good conscience over the last few years. Things have simply changed too much for my liking, I suppose.

I do think it's cool you plan to stay onboard despite your dissatisfaction with BW. I did that for DP myself, but I just don't think I can take much more of the way things are now. My plan is to just finish the BW series, and go game-only afterwards. :)
    I've enjoyed what I've seen of Episode N and there were episodes in season one I liked too. The problems in BW can be seriously annoying for me and the whole series thus far is rather disappointing, but it hasn't gotten to the point where I even consider dropping the show. I'm not even sure if a series even worse than BW could do that. I still enjoy watching the show, talking about it and just relaxing. Plus, I love still watching new episodes on Saturday mornings. I never would have expected that when I first got into the series, but the fact that it will continue on for years because of the games feels comforting to me. I can totally understand going game-only after BW though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast