Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 9

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

lol Paul discussion thread?

I've got more opinions:

Tracey should've appeared in that subway episode where Prof Oak calls for him.

Even though Ash being ignorant of love is what makes the show go round, I'd still rather him at least acknowledge the girls who've had a crush on him - most notably Angie from pokemon school and Lila from the Battle Frontier.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    And Ash feels disappointed in himself later on in that episode for failing so much and making his Pokemon get hurt like that.
    If that was the first time that sort of thing happened sure - but there's episodes all the way back to Kanto where he has similar regrets *after* the battle. I wish Ash was far more proactive about it - his tactics are bad and he should feel bad.

That's true, but Paul was cruel to his Pokemon in the sense that if they disappointed him, he'd dump them as if they were nothing. While Ash's Pokemon would get hurt, they knew that battling for him and getting hurt is inevitable. He would treat them with respect back too.
    Well yeah, Ash only releases his strong Pokemon.

I'd say Paul's releases are fine too - as his battle and training style is very high pressure, being early to release Pokemon that don't suit him training in that way then that is for their benefit, sure perhaps he could be less of an arse about it, but that's part of his character, which is a good break from the generic rivals before him.

I think it's a shame that Ash relying on his love for Pokemon getting him across the line in tough battles never backfires with the Pokemon not forgiving him instantly, especially with some of his Unova Pokemon that don't get anywhere near the time with Ash that would explain their closeness to him. Instead there's Ash magic sauce that makes Tauros #17 obey instantly and 100%.
    pokemon fan 132 and Mielikki like this.

Blog Entries

In all actuality pokemon are supposed to obey their trainers unconditionally as soon as it gets captured. It's like signing a contract or something.
    djulienr likes this.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    In all actuality pokemon are supposed to obey their trainers unconditionally as soon as it gets captured. It's like signing a contract or something.
    Not necessarily, look at Iris' Kairyu. Just because they are captured doesn't negate their free will, older/stronger pokemon are probably just more aware that they are in control than say level 2 Bippa or something.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Rockets should be the main characters of the anime :D :D :D Period.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshi View Post
    Rockets should be the main characters of the anime :D :D :D Period.
    I'm not sure about main characters, but having them as secondary protagonists who just happen to also be villains would be awesome.
    djulienr likes this.

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar

I hate Cilan and the whole introduction of this connoisseur idea.

I've never liked any of the Pokemon movies.

Jesse, James and Meowth are ruined (their characters should be somewhere in-between their old and new selves).

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I don't know how unpopular this opinion is, but I prefer baby Pokemon being battle ready after they hatched as opposed to not being able to battle that well for awhile. While taking some time for baby Pokemon to be able to battle kind of makes sense in a way and seeing baby Pokemon battling so well right away can look kind of weird, I still think it's better for a Pokemon to be able to battle soon after it hatches than to just be cute and basically useless.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Pleeease don't think any less of me for admitting it, but...

I actually like that Marill from the ANA shorts.

Yes, yes, I know that the running joke is horribly repetitive, and that he's nothing but a cheap knock-off of that long-dead Jigglypuff from the main series, so I fully understand why nobody else in the entire universe likes him, but I cannot possibly bring myself to hate him, for whatever reason. I think it has something to do with how genuinely happy he always is to run into Meowth and the Rocket pokemon, despite the fact that they keep letting him down time after time...his unfounded optimism just amuses me, I guess.

The Fire type Expert Lunar Aura's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only thing I don't like about the anime is that Ash doesn't evolve Pikachu and probably never will. Also the fact that he hasn't won any leagues yet. I can't remember if won or lost in D/P but I hope that changes when he competes in the Unova league. The last thing I don't like is Team Rocket changing. The thing that made Jesse, James and Meowth funny was their clumsiness. Now there a bit too serious I think.
    Totally not into ponies...or am I?

Ask me anything about fire type pokemon. I can assure you I know the answer.

Supreme Vulpix, Zorua, and Reshiram Lover.

-The Kanto arc is the worst of the entire series and it isn't nearly as charming and funny as people make it out to be. Don't get me wrong, I like it and I don't think it's god awful but it easily has the most flaws of any other regional arc; poor pacing, a lack of direction, terrible battles, Pokemon with no personality, no real rivalries or training episodes, horrible gym badge achievements, etc.

-Misty was'nt likeable until AG and Pokemon Chronicles came around. Her Kanto, OI, and Johto self wasn't nearly as bad as Iris but she alwawys struck me as arrogant and annoying. She constantly bickered with Ash over little stuff and belived she was a better trainer than she actually was.

-Romance should never occur between the main protaganists. Even small hints at a possible pairing should be avoided at all costs

-Johto is a decent series and more enjoyable than Kanto.

-Piplup is one of the best Pokemon characters in the series and is hands down the most multidemisional.

-The filler episodes are usually better than the non-filler ones.

-DP is the best arc. The battles, contests, pacing, comedy, continuity, rivalaries, development, Pokemon personalitys, etc were the most well written of any region.

-Brock never got stale and is a better character than Cilan. I won't deny that the writers hardly did anything with him as the series progressed but when he did get screentime he always came off as charming, hillarious and insightful. He's the most likeable protaginist in the series.

-All evolutions, gym battles, new moves/attacks and captures should be spaced out by atleast 20 episodes.

-The cg attacks and white glow effects look perfectly fine.

-Ash should capture no more than 5 Pokemon per region.

-Trip is a better rival than Gary. Gary was a glorified jock in season one. All he did was drive around in sports car, have cheerleaders praise him, constantly call Ash a loser and boast about himself. He captured hundreds of Pokemon and earned 10 badges but none of these feats were shown onscreen. Then he recieved offscreen character development during OI and appeared in like 5 or so episodes in Johto. Even worse, all his battles against Ash are spaced out by like a hundred episodes. Atleast Trip battles regualry, helped Ash with Oshawotts Aqua Jet and had that flashback with Alder.

-All of Trip's victories aginst Ash are belivable.

-The inclusion of Iris was the worst idea in the show's history.

-The DP trio had the best chemistry. They praised, supported and respected each other slightly more than the other grops. Ash & Misty and Max & May bickered more than any other group. Iris is constantly criticizing Cilan and Ash. And Max & Misty were always sick of Brock hitting on girls.

-Every regional arc should be slow paced to allow for more training episodes and more realstic character and strength development.

-Most of the pre-DP battles were lackluster.

-TPCi/PUSA does a better dubbing job than 4kids. The 4kids dub was good until mid Johto and then it got too hammy and the music was terrible..

-Most of the dub music and voice acting is better than the Japanese.

-Paul abusing Chimchar and his other Pokemon is arguably but not factual.

-Ash should never age. The studio obviously wants this series to last as long as possible (decades) so it wouldn't make sense for him to grow up in real time or every 365 days in show canon.

-I would be okay with Ash never beating the regional Champion or becoming a Pokemon Master.

-I never really cared about seeing the Team Plasma two parter.
    Hoopa likes this.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I...liked the DP rap.
    *runs*

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate the CGI animated effects and attacks.
    AND dont apporve or enjoy 90% of the Human cast's design

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tend to prefer the newer characters over the older ones.
    Reila and Silverwynde like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I tend to prefer the newer characters over the older ones.
    May is old by now.
    Caseydia and The Master like this.

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM