Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 5

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

1. I'm a bit iffy about the anime Cilan. I feel like he's too different from his game persona. In the games, he's a bit nervous and shy, but in the anime he's outgoing almost to the point of being pretentious. I've met a few people who've agreed with me.

3. I really hate how they portrayed Skyla. The game Skyla is very good-hearted and understanding. She even goes out of her way to help an injured Pokemon atop Celestial Tower. The anime Skyla, on the other hand, is rather stuck-up and immature. She denies Badges to Trainers who can't keep up with her. I was very disappointed when I saw that. I couldn't believe seeing one of the nicest Gym Leaders given a personality more like Lt. Surge. And come to think of it, I wasn't thrilled with how all of the Kanto Gym Leaders (except for Brock and Misty) were portrayed as jerks. Sure Sabrina isn't the friendliest of people in the games, but at least she doesn't stalk you after you can't beat her. I'm only glad they didn't do that to my beloved Morty.

3. Ritchie. He was annoying.
    Caseydia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    1. I'm a bit iffy about the anime Cilan. I feel like he's too different from his game persona. In the games, he's a bit nervous and shy, but in the anime he's outgoing almost to the point of being pretentious. I've met a few people who've agreed with me.

3. I really hate how they portrayed Skyla. The game Skyla is very good-hearted and understanding. She even goes out of her way to help an injured Pokemon atop Celestial Tower. The anime Skyla, on the other hand, is rather stuck-up and immature. She denies Badges to Trainers who can't keep up with her. I was very disappointed when I saw that. I couldn't believe seeing one of the nicest Gym Leaders given a personality more like Lt. Surge. And come to think of it, I wasn't thrilled with how all of the Kanto Gym Leaders (except for Brock and Misty) were portrayed as jerks. Sure Sabrina isn't the friendliest of people in the games, but at least she doesn't stalk you after you can't beat her. I'm only glad they didn't do that to my beloved Morty.

3. Ritchie. He was annoying.
    I agree that they changed Skyla quite a lot, although it doesn't really bother me. I wanted to kill anime Skyla, but she was nice in the games. Except for the part in which she tried to cause brain damage to my PC XD

And I find Ritchie annoying too, I only liked him when I was around 5.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

-I actually liked Max for what he was. Looking back on it now, yeah he didn't have any Pokemon, but he brought something different. Him, like Iris are great ideas (not exactly the best when they make TV, but they're good ideas).
    -Torterra is actually my favorite Sinnoh Pokemon
    -I like Oshawott
    -There were a ton of really boring DP episodes.
    -I think there should be some sort of balance, like we should see Pokemon being trained and learning moves and getting from point A to Point B to Point C logically, but it needs to be written in a way that's not really boring to see.
    -The Battle Frontier Dub, the later episodes at least, are pretty bearable.
    -I prefer Misty over Dawn now that I think about it. Dawn is pretty generic, way better written, but sort of generic.
    Grave-E and TeddiUrsa like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Blog Entries

This is a trick question. With such a divided and vicious fandom, every opinion is an unpopular one.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries

Some more

I liked Dawn the best of any pokegirls.
    I enjoyed watching trip sweep the world cup.
    I despise Kotetsu
    I thought May was dreadfully boring by herself without max or a rival to interact with.
    I thought DP brock was the most mature and intelligent of the entire series.
    I despise paul and prefer any of Ash's other rivals bar ritchie.
    I wanted mamoswine to beat Dragonite.
    I find that Iris filled the Misty role better than misty ever did.
    Bianca is the best of all of Ash's rivals.
    Caseydia and SammyW27 like this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The DP trio had very little chemistry compared to the other groups. Over time, I think the DP trio will be the least remembered group dynamic of the series, especially if the anime continues to go on for a long time yet. Probably doesn't help matters that its sandwiched in the middle of all the other groups now.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I said the ''majority'', and I said that it was my personal experience. Stating that you've encountered lots of people that think the opposite is your experience, and not a fact. It's a very poor argument, and it's nothing more than your personal experience.
    Meaning how we are standing on equal ground, with each side talking from what they seen and encountered. There is no sufficient proof to support how most people who prefer Misty didn't watched newer sagas, just like it can't be proved how they did.

Of course you don't agree. I personally see a much bigger development in May's case, as well in Dawn's.

Naturally, I think that you're completely wrong, but this isn't really the thread to argue about what female characters got the best development.
    To each their own.
    Personally i find Misty changed more as character than Dawn or Iris did, with that change reflecting better growth through she went.

You don't, and im fine with that.

And once again, I disagree completely. That important role of her was nearly non-existent in my eyes.
    Depends what you consider to be role.
    Misty served as coach and motivator in main cast pushing others to try their best(thanks to her Ash became better trainer with this not being only Brock merit).
    She often brought encouragement to others playing role of classical heroine saving other lives and pokemon,providing moral support.

And had great personality,bringing healthy interactions and dynamic within group containing lot of humor, tension and chemistry often turning episodes which are on first look mediocre in enjoyable ones. Worth of character isn't measured by how much he does, but by how valuable things he contributed to show were.

Way i see it, she played important role.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 11th October 2012 at 04:27 AM.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    The DP trio had very little chemistry compared to the other groups. Over time, I think the DP trio will be the least remembered group dynamic of the series, especially if the anime continues to go on for a long time yet. Probably doesn't help matters that its sandwiched in the middle of all the other groups now.
    I've been rewatching most of DP for quite a few months now and I'll probably order the Sinnoh League Victors DVDs in another couple of weeks or so, but I still don't see the DP trio having little chemistry compared to the other groups. I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but I think that the DP trio had better chemistry than at least the BW trio. At least all three characters felt like friends, while I don't really feel it with the BW trio. I thought that there was decent chemistry at first, but I think it was just the freshness of seeing a trio without Brock again after so many years, even though I actually liked Brock. They could have done a better job with Dawn and Brock's interactions, but they were still clearly good friends, rather than strangers, so I don't really see how the DP trio had such little chemistry.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Meaning how we are standing on equal ground, with each side talking from what they seen and encountered. There is no sufficient proof to support how most people who prefer Misty didn't watched newer sagas, just like it can't be proved how they did.
    Which is the exactly the reason to why I stated that it was my personal experience, and definitely not a fact. See?

To each their own.
    Personally i find Misty changed more as character than Dawn or Iris did, with that change reflecting better growth through she went.
    I can repeat myself if you want to. I don't agree.

Depends what you consider to be role.
    Misty served as coach and motivator in main cast pushing others to try their best(thanks to her Ash became better trainer with this not being only Brock merit).
    She often brought encouragement to others playing role of classical heroine saving other lives and pokemon,providing moral support.

And had great personality,bringing healthy interactions and dynamic within group containing lot of humor, tension and chemistry often turning episodes which are on first look mediocre in enjoyable ones. Worth of character isn't measured by how much he does, but by how valuable things he contributed to show were.

Way i see it, she played important role.
    I don't agree, again. I guess it's a matter of what you ''want'' to see, or what's overanalysed, as I never got such an impression of her character at all when I was watching OS. But your opinion.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Which is the exactly the reason to why I stated that it was my personal experience, and definitely not a fact. See?
    I probably have misread it, so my apologies for that.

I don't agree, again. I guess it's a matter of what you ''want'' to see, or what's overanalysed, as I never got such an impression of her character at all when I was watching OS. But your opinion.
    Its not "what i want to see", but what happened in show. I can count ton of examples where Misty played role of Ash mentor helping him in selection of pokemon, warning him about type advantage, criticizing him when making wrong moves and serving as push to go forward when he lost or was in losing position. Same goes to influencing plot in one way or another when helping others with issues or saving lives and add of comedy and chemistry in cast is self explanatory.

Now if you don't consider this as important role, that's fine i respect your view.
    But none of things i mentioned were made up.

Either way im done discussing this, assuming you are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Scott, even though Brock and Dawn didn't interact as well as the BW group doesn't mean people won't remember them. Dawn was a true main cast character and Ash was quite better at basically everything. The only reason why those might not remember Brock was because it was like he was fading away. He and Dawn weren't giving each other high fives or double battling with one another like they could have been. Those who remember Brock most remember his flirting and Croagunk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Its not "what i want to see", but what happened in show. I can count ton of examples where Misty played role of Ash mentor helping him in selection of pokemon, warning him about type advantage, criticizing him when making wrong moves and serving as push to go forward when he lost or was in losing position. Same goes to influencing plot in one way or another when helping others with issues or saving lives and add of comedy and chemistry in cast is self explanatory.

Now if you don't consider this as important role, that's fine i respect your view.
    But none of things i mentioned were made up.

And so can I do with other female protagonists too. Misty wasn't the only one who played that kind of role, and to be perfectly honest, I actually thought that it was Brock that was the main coach of Ash, if anyone was. At least him even I could notice.

Her role must've been very minor but yet had a very huge affect if I apparently missed it, 'cause I'd have a very hard time picking them out. So, I'll stand by my statement of overanalysing what you want to see.

Yah, okay.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

- The movies suck so hard, that the only parts I enjoy are movie openers with lots of pokemons running around and some kickass game characters battling each other! oh and the music XD

-Hikari is mind-numbingly dull!!!!! Yes here development was better, but her personalty is so annoying!!! and her team is plain one-dimensional. Hated it when she got the second place in the GF. Haruka is far better >>

-Iris is love!! Interesting goal ( Dragons for crying out lout), interesting pokemons ( Doryuzu for heaven's sake). awesome design and awesome tan.

- Love Kairyu addition to Iris's team and disagree with those who say it was given solely to glorify Iris. I mean come on! Do we always need to have the MC capture a pokemon in the first stage, train it hard, kizuna mabu jumbo and yada yada and poof a reasonably strong pokemon?! Nope! with Kairyu we get to see Iris's ability in controlling power-freak, pseudo legendary dragon pokemon that goes koko just for the heck of it.

- Haruka has the best poke character design!!! (Well, I don't know is this is unpopular lol)

Well, that's my list for now, will probably update it late :)
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

Blog Entries

And so can I do with other female protagonists too. Misty wasn't the only one who played that kind of role, and to be perfectly honest, I actually thought that it was Brock that was the main coach of Ash, if anyone was. At least him even I could notice.

Her role must've been very minor but yet had a very huge affect if I apparently missed it, 'cause I'd have a very hard time picking them out. So, I'll stand by my statement of overanalysing what you want to see.
    With May and Dawn it was other way around. They didn't coached or mentored Ash, starting out as beginners which needed guidance and help from others. And Iris doesn't really coach Ash either.

Misty and Brock were ones which helped him to grow most as trainer, which is understandable since he was total rookie back than needing help the most.There are several examples where Misty helped Ash to recover and grow as trainer, such as: teaching him or reminding about type advantage like she did with Caterpie when he send it out against Pidgeotto, when he sent Phanphy against Pryce Dewgong,when she suggested what pokemon to use during Indigo league, in Blaines gym etc. Helping him along with Brock to come up with strategy in Whirl Cup, grass tournament or against trainers in Johto league such as Macy or Gary.

She often motivated him and pushed to go forward, when losing in Kanto league not allowing him to stay in room whole day to self pity himself, when she encouraged him in battle against Rudy in Orange Islands when he was in losing position, leading to Squirtle learning hydro pump and in many, stopping him from being carried away preventing to fall in TR trap and many other instances.

Her snarky comments and underestimation of Ash skills often arguing each other to prove their point or claiming to be better trainer served as wind in back too for Ash.
    Granted Brock was Ash main coach, but Misty played that role as well contributing more to Ash growth as trainer than others did.

Main characters for who it can be said how they had smallest role were Max or Tracey, but i certainly disagree that Misty falls in that category.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think Dawn wearing that same pink dress in every Contest was worse than if she just wore her normal clothes in Contests. I think that pink dress ruined her image for some people, and is why people only think of her as being girly rather than a regular trainer where she gave the impression of otherwise.

Dawn was the most active battler of all the main girls, but the fact that she had to wear a pink dress in every contest made it seem less so. Or something like that.

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM