Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 41

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Well, anyway, getting back to the medium we're supposed to be talking about...

I don't get the fluster over "move errors". Movesets in the games change all the dang time, between and even within generations, which would seem to indicate they're not meant to be hard-and-fast limits on a Pokemon's abilities to begin with. Heck, there're even "errors" on Pokemon in the games. Most of the error moves are ones that make sense for the Pokemon given its traits and abilities, too (bonus points for those cases where an error move later became learnable in the games). If anything it makes things just a bit more interesting, since you can't reliably predict how things will go just based on the games.

But I don't actually remember the last time I saw someone complaining about this so yeah -shrug-

I actually quite like Ash/Satoshi. I like that he sometimes loses, and I like that he goes against the norm to win his battles. If he won every battle, fought just as he did in the games, and had a super powerful team I reckon the anime would be quite boring.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Heredity View Post
    I actually quite like Ash/Satoshi. I like that he sometimes loses, and I like that he goes against the norm to win his battles. If he won every battle, fought just as he did in the games, and had a super powerful team I reckon the anime would be quite boring.
    Adding to this, I actually like how a lot of his Pokemon are unevolved. I'd like to see more Pokemon evolve, sure, but it's so satisfying seeing him win with a cuter and 'weaker' Pokemon.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

If he won every battle, fought just as he did in the games, and had a super powerful team I reckon the anime would be quite boring.
    I don't think anybody really wants that so much as him not losing too much.

And wait, since when was Ash in the games? Or do you mean the game PCs he's (loosely) based on?

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    Adding to this, I actually like how a lot of his Pokemon are unevolved. I'd like to see more Pokemon evolve, sure, but it's so satisfying seeing him win with a cuter and 'weaker' Pokemon.
    I semi-agree. I just don't like it when the whole "evolving Pokemon is bad" notion in order to shove the cute Pokemon (to sell plushies and all) in our faces.

Somehow I think that surely some other people must agree.. but personally I find Team rocket appearing in a episode to be a drag and it kind of wrecks some of the episode:|

Don't need another hero. Rain Woman's Avatar

I really think that the anime was good in the beginning, then dipped around Hoenn, sunk at Sinnoh, then rose in Unova. Most people I know think it's just going downhill still.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SwifTer View Post
    Somehow I think that surely some other people must agree.. but personally I find Team rocket appearing in a episode to be a drag and it kind of wrecks some of the episode:|
    one of those people right here :nod:
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraZD View Post
    I really think that the anime was good in the beginning, then dipped around Hoenn, sunk at Sinnoh, then rose in Unova. Most people I know think it's just going downhill still.
    From what I've heard from people it's probably just because they grew up with a different season and grew out of it during the other seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    And wait, since when was Ash in the games? Or do you mean the game PCs he's (loosely) based on?
    I didn't mean that he was in the game, I meant the game-style way of Pokemon battling. The way that's seen as the norm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I didn't mean that he was in the game, I meant the game-style way of Pokemon battling. The way that's seen as the norm.
    Oh yeah. Yeah, I do like it when he thinks outside the box. Provide it doesn't get ridiculous like a certain armor made of thunder.

Follow PokémonJesus On Twitter

I actually think that the BW series was a good and decent arc...
    The Unova League did kinda suck but I personally didn't have a problem with it...IT WAS DIFFERENT FOR ONCE!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Ash and his buddies have been entertaining me since 1998
    ALRIGHTY! Until next time...PEACE!

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Johto is the best series of the anime, and it rightfully should have ended there.
    I don't support Ash/Serena. Serena is going to leave after XY ends, and the only reason they gave us to support it is they're childhood friends so why should I?
    speedingbulletbill likes this.

Blog Entries

I think Alder's portrayal in the Anime was too goofy. It fit with his character from the game (he enjoys life after training non-stop with his Pokemon before it died and now he decides to enjoy the simple things in life), yes but I feel that he was made into too much of a joke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    I don't support Ash/Serena. Serena is going to leave after XY ends, and the only reason they gave us to support it is they're childhood friends so why should I?
    We don't actually know she's going to leave- while the writers have been consistently rotating companions out for the last two sagas, they spent the four before that with Brock hanging around nearly the entire time, and Misty for the first two sagas. They might well decide it's time for the girl to stick around for more than a saga again (though I actually wouldn't expect Serena to be the one, since the whole shipping thing is sure to be... divisive).

As for your "only reason"... we're like seven episodes in. Give it time.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

People keep saying to give it time, yet the writers themselves aren't giving it time, just forcing it immediately. It's not about time, it's about how she was established as a character. The first thing we know about the girl was that she was friends with Ash, and she likes him.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 2nd December 2013 at 10:48 PM.

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM