They are also displeased with character never receiving proper closure leaving many things hanging open in story, along with untapped potential to do more.
Since we didn't seen Misty for 7 years already, i can understand disappointment from her fans and their favorite fading in oblivion. They simply want to see her again and im supporting that too.
Hopefully one day he will return to have that promised battle with Ash. Although since characters don't age in pokemon, poor kid will from the looks of it stay forever at Petalburg gym rotting.
Though ill be completely honest here. If i could choose, i would rather have Misty instead of Max in AG series. It would have been cool to have two girls at once, and since she was more mature at that point, she could teach her some things as well. But that's just my personal preference.
But all in all Max served its purpose well enough.
The majority of the people wanting Misty back are probes those who hasn't watched Pokémon since OS, and just not bothered watching after OS. The majority of those who still are watching though probably don't care for her that much anymore due to the girls who came afterward, who all had a much better development than her and actually had a bigger role in the main cast too. But there are always those who remain loyal to Misty, even though they're still watching the series. I'm not saying that it's a fact, just my personal experience.
Oh, and I also liked Max a lot. I thought he was a great character, and the fights he had with May were very enjoyable in my opinion. The two of them were enough for to make a whole episode enjoyable.
Last edited by Chiplet; 10th October 2012 at 02:55 PM.
To be honest I'm unsure as to how unpopular my opinions are but here it goes...
The only three things that really bother me about the anime are the following -
1. I honestly wouldn't mind if the Team Rocket trio just disappeared forever. For me, they became stale a long, long time ago. As in...half way through the Indigo League...
2. The 3D intro to BW episodes is possibly the most horrific thing I have ever had the displeasure of watching.
3. The battles. Every so often, I just wish it was a lot more accurate to the format of the video game battles. I know a lot of people will disagree with that and argue that it wouldn't work. That may well be true. However, I'm still going to be irritated when a trainer commands their Pokemon to 'dodge it.' Hold on...that's not a move? What do you mean 'dodge it'?! They may as well just shout, for example, ''Ok Bulbasaur, I choose you! Now run at the other Pokemon and BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT!''
- The floors in AG and especially in DP were way too shiny. Too much pink as well
- Too many of Hikari's Pokémon had the same beady eyes
- Shaymin looked like a schoolgirl's bag
- I enjoyed Masato as a character and wasn't nearly as annoyed by him as most other people
- Grave-E's points about the DP training episodes and Dent in general would have been on my list a well
- one of the few things I liked about Hikari's plot were the wacky antics of her Pochama
- Johto is pretty underrated. While it is true that the region is full of terrible fillers, no real ongoing plot or thing to do for Kasumi/ Takeshi it had a pretty good league, nice TR plot ( the trio AND the organisation) and loads of genuinely funny episodes
- I never understood how anyone could miss the old US voice actors besides for nostalgia reasons. The quality of the actors was pretty lacking in my eyes ( the new ones aren't much better either)
I don't really agree how every girl which came after Misty had better development either, because at this point i feel Misty had more believable growth compared to Iris. And while May and Dawn received more focus, in character sense along with May i feel Misty changed the most, coming long way since Kanto.
I can however agree how in goal sense she got less development than other girls.
As far as role goes May and Dawn got more fleshing out as characters, and with Iris her aspirations and pokemon are getting abit more focus. But Misty played important role in series in sense of acting like Ash coach and mentor, along with Brock helping him to grow as trainer. Which was priority for anime standards back in day.
@TeddiUrsa: From what i noticed Misty and Brock actually got more focus in Johto compared to Kanto, but due to length of saga with there being good chunk of episodes where they sadly didnt do anything you could get impression how that wasnt the case. For example Misty battled more compared to Kanto and OI, did more with goal of becoming water master by entering Whirl Cup, Seaking catching contest, battled gym leader Dorian, bonded with several characters like Sakura drawing parallel with older siblings starting to mature etc.
Brock also had several funny and good moments there. He started to do steps forward in his breeder career receiving some development through various episodes,like when he took care of lost Stantler, entered contest for pokemon breeders along with Suzy in "Beauty and the Breeder" along with his obsessiveness over girls being explored more beside just staying on running gag in some episodes.
Woah woah woah, some brief responses to agree or point something out is one thing, but let's not argue about opinions here!
The whole POINT of this thread is for people to state unpopular opinions, after all.
-I like that Ash caught so many pokemon this saga and think he should capture more.
-I like that Iris got Dragonite.
-I like Piplup, Zoey and Kotetsu.
-I don't like Morrison.
-I love Johto.
-I think everyone should catch as many pokemon as they can.
-I think Ash caught Haunter.
-I think Misty is the worst female protagonist of the four (I still love her though).
-I would rank May as the best, Dawn, Iris and Misty last.
-I'm glad Tracey and Max were a part of the group.
-I think they should air the edited Porygon episode.
-I think that a lot of the banned episodes' reasons for being banned were ridiculous.
-I don't think they'll ever air the Plasma vs Rocket episodes.
-I didn't want Tepig or Krokorok to evolve.
-I hope Oshawott and Axew don't evolve.
-I think Ash will see Lapras, Pidgeot, Larvitar, Haunter, Primeape, Butterfree and Ambipom again before the show ends.
-I think Ash will see all of his old rivals and friends again too.
-I think Ash technically owned Larvitar for a while.
-I really wanted Iris to catch Meowth.
-I don't think Team Rocket are gone forever.
Fav Ships: PalletShipping AdvancedShipping CafeMochaShipping PearlShipping ComaShipping CollideShipping RespectShipping
Of course you don't agree. I personally see a much bigger development in May's case, as well in Dawn's.I don't really agree how every girl which came after Misty had better development either, because at this point i feel Misty had more believable growth compared to Iris. And while May and Dawn received more focus, in character sense along with May i feel Misty changed the most, coming long way since Kanto.
Naturally, I think that you're completely wrong, but this isn't really the thread to argue about what female characters got the best development.
And once again, I disagree completely. That important role of her was nearly non-existent in my eyes.As far as role goes May and Dawn got more fleshing out as characters, and with Iris her aspirations and pokemon are getting abit more focus. But Misty played important role in series in sense of acting like Ash coach and mentor, along with Brock helping him to grow as trainer. Which was priority for anime standards back in day.
• Max is my favorite character. Once upon a time I was a precocious, socially awkward bookworm who decided to watch AG after ragequitting Johto, and it was four-eyes who hit home. I don't think I would have committed to watching the whole series if he hadn't been there.
• Cilan's ~fabulousness~ can only be truly comprehended by those packing two X chromosomes.
• I don't hate Misty or even dislike her, but I really don't think she has much going on other than nostalgia value.
• Brock had been dead weight (in terms of character interactions) since Johto and his departure from the show is honestly for the best.
• I would have liked Iris a lot better if the writers had played up her wildness and disconnection with urban settings. The snarkiness just doesn't fit her at all.
My unpopular opinion is that Ash should never age because it wouldn't change anything about his character.
I dunno how people feel about Ash for the most part, since I don't venture into that "Should Ash Leave or Not" thread, but I think Ash should stay on the show forever. Imo, he can never get stale because he's always changing.
And this is more of an unpopular opinion between me and a few close friends, but while I do like BW more than DP, I can't wait for it to finally end.
Sprites from Serebii.net
Team Galactic in the anime were pretty dull and uninteresting. All of their missions involved some kind of "Magic Plot Energy!", and Cyrus completely lacked the ambiguity and complexity of his game counterpart. People always said they needed more appearances, I think we could have done with fewer.