Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 39
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

More unpopular opinions:
    -Satoshi should have caught Nokocchi in the past Ash vs Iris arguing episode, specially if Nokocchi has a Gen VI evolution.
    -If there's a new Yamirami evolution, it should be revealed by now.
    -I prefer Hikari's cameo than Lizardon's return to the cast. Specially when Mijumaru is getting more screentime than him!!!
    -Bel should have travelled with Satoshi, Iris and Dent through the Decolora Islands.
    -The objective of the Decolora shpouñd be a tournament where Bel, Kenyan, Cabernet and Langley.
    -The inicial episode, the Dent and Choroneko one, the Mijumaru and Futachimaru one, the Zoroark one, the Rotom one, the Satoshi and Iris arguing one, the Jirachi one are good and useful. The rest are useless.
    -I think that the Mewtwo movie is a dissapointment. I probaqbly prefer the short than the movie itself.
    This is hidden. Not recommend to learn the spoiler if you are 11 or less.
    +12

-I hate users who bring back numerical levels in the anime. And if I bring up a level in the anime, I said tht Piakchu was level 65 at the end of DP, is lowered to level 20 and fights agsinst a level 15 Tsutarja.
    And Satoshi's Pokemon are now around level 50 with Pikachu and Waruvial in level 55 and Lizardon in level 70.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

- OS is my favorite series.
    - I prefer the older series like OS and AG for the anime, because I find there is much more emotion, depth, and simplicity to them compared to the newer DP and BW series.
    - DP is very, very overrated.
    - Neither Ash nor Team Rocket are the same characters that debuted in EP001 (and EP002 in TRio's case) in my eyes: in personality, mannerisms, character, voice, etc.
    - I like the spontaneity and fresh feeling the BW writers brought to the anime. For a while, it made things feel exciting and fun. What I didn't like about the BW writers was how they handled Ash, and Team Rocket later on, by making Ash regress and Team Rocket shift personalities twice in the same series.
    - I don't want XY series or Kalos to be a DP 2.0 Series.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 22nd July 2013 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphia View Post
    More unpopular opinions:
    -Satoshi should have caught Nokocchi in the past Ash vs Iris arguing episode, specially if Nokocchi has a Gen VI evolution.
    Agreed.

-I prefer Hikari's cameo than Lizardon's return to the cast. Specially when Mijumaru is getting more screentime than him!!!
    I have to admit that I agree with this. Atleast Hikari participated in something grand. Charizard started out strong, now it just seems like he's there for us to notice him.

-Bel should have travelled with Satoshi, Iris and Dent through the Decolora Islands.
    Here's a really unpopular opinion. I wished Bianca and Trip both were traveling with Ash through Decolora.

-I think that the Mewtwo movie is a dissapointment. I probaqbly prefer the short than the movie itself
    The thing about the movie for me is it's appearance. I always like Mewtwo's look over whatever the alien abortion thing is.

A largely unpopular opinion I have is that Trip was actually a decent character. Certainly better then whoever else that was considered a Unova Rival.

Also that he was and deserved to be stronger and smarter then BW Ash, Bianca, Stephan and Cameron.
    Last edited by Albedo; 13th July 2013 at 06:30 PM.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is more about Brawl than the anime, but: I liked Michelle Knotz's Pokemon Trainer/Red voice in SSBB, and I hope she reprises her role in the English dub of The Origin (after all, she's right there). I also would have liked to see her try her hand as Ash as opposed to Sarah Natochenny.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    This is more about Brawl than the anime, but: I liked Michelle Knotz's Pokemon Trainer/Red voice in SSBB, and I hope she reprises her role in the English dub of The Origin (after all, she's right there). I also would have liked to see her try her hand as Ash as opposed to Sarah Natochenny.
    Really? Where can we hear her Red?

This is it. Korra's curtain call.
    My Tumblr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    Really? Where can we hear her Red?
    SSBB Sound Test - Pokémon Trainer (1/2) - YouTube

I like the cheesy pun episode titles the dub used to use. "Nice Pryce Baby" cracked me up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johtohfiller View Post
    I like the cheesy pun episode titles the dub used to use. "Nice Pryce Baby" cracked me up.
    I liked that one too, it was actually relevant when it first came out, unlike...Getting Twiggy With It (that doesn't even make sense)

Blog Entries

-Sinnoh is underrated. Out of all the regions Sinnoh is probably the least popular there ever was and most people seem to view Diamond/Pearl with utter contempt for its' very existence. I'm certain it couldn't be overrated as it was never very popular in the first place.

-The original series is dull with crummy animation and really lame jokes.

-The English Dub is the de facto version of the show. It may not be the original but it is by far the most popular version of the show.

-Brock is weird and should have parted company with Ash after Kanto.

-Tracey Sketchit was awesome and has always been my favorite Pokemon companion.

-Misty was mean to Ash and frankly didn't have much of a character.

-May and Dawn were cool but Iris was the coolest because she's like Dragons.

-Piplup was so freaking awesome and I really loved his personality.

- Pikachu should evolve or be written out of the show.

-Pokemon should be aimed at teenagers/adults since they are the show's primary audience these days. The show really hasn't been super popular among kids in quite a few years. I know because I'm only 19 and I was a kid when the series exploded in popularity. As far I can remember, the show's popularity among kids dropped around 2003. The games were super popular but nobody watched the show or collected the cards anymore. Unlike Call of Duty which is aimed at teenagers/adults but played primarily by kids, Pokemon is aimed at kids but played/watched by teenagers/adults.

-Wallace is definitely Gay.

-Professor Rowan was the coolest Professor.

-The show should be completely independent from the games and should use them only as an inspiration.

I'd rather watch Johtoh fillers than a majority of BW episodes.

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but I think late Johtoh is the best part of the original series.

DA episodes are best part of BW.
    Iris shouldn't be a gym leader.
    Bicycle gag shouldn't be abandoned.
    Dent is overrated.
    Anything can happen in every region, there is no rules on pokemon anime.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Shimura is the best recurring AD on the show. Iwane's animation is great and all, but I can't stand how doughy some of his characters look.

Blog Entries

My ridiculous opinions include preferring the dub over other versions, thinking Tracey was a great character, and liking Pikachu's Jukebox a bit too much.

Anime battle logic (electric attacks affecting ground types for example) actually makes more sense than game battle logic.

Johto filler episodes are actually enjoyable.

Filler episodes are actually more enjoyable than non-fillers.

Edit: What I mean for the last point is that the non-battle centric episodes are generally more enjoyable than battle-centric episodes.
    Last edited by Masato; 8th November 2013 at 12:09 AM.
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast