Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 33

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

more quagsire in the show

Blog Entries

I wish they would include a female traveling partner who isn't catty. I think it's gotten overplayed. (Tsunderes are at a high risk of being "the Scrappy".)
    Duque likes this.

Blog Entries

The Decolora arc, from what we know of it, is a fresher and more interesting arc concept than yet another tournament would have been.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I didn't like DP that much. It bores me very quickly, like Johto does for many others here.
    The DP dub is overall the worst English dub of the anime for me so far. It was pretty painful to watch whenever Ash, Brock, or May spoke. Just gave off a really nasty vibe for some reason. Still sends shivers down my spine for some reason.
    BW's not as bad as people say it is. It's not that good, but it's not that bad, either (except the Unova League and BWS2, which do indeed suck).
    Johto League Champions = Why the Johto Seasons are given so much flak. It was almost a season full of filler eps that were pretty much pointless.
    I like the Johto anime seasons for the most part (despite the huge amount of fillers).
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 26th March 2013 at 08:04 PM.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I actually didn't mind the year long gap between Ash's seventh and eighth Gym battles in DP. I thought that they were able to pull that off really well because of how effectively they used the time. There were still filler episodes, but not a lot. They spent a lot of time with Ash and Paul's first full battle, Team Galactic climax, Dawn's remaining Contests, both Ash and Dawn capturing new Pokemon and Dawn's Grand Festival. It was a long time to go without a Gym battle, but unlike with the other series, DP could do it because there was already a lot going on, so it didn't really seem boring to me.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

At first I didn't care for her heavily, but Unfezant has grown on me a lot. Admittedly much of my not caring for her came from the fact I always thought Unfezant's final stage was ugly and Tranquill looked the best, but I like her as a reserve and Pokemon and wish she battled and appeared more. Battling Serperior for example in the Junior Cup would have been nice or having a shot at Burgh and being able to star. IMO, she's a pretty decently powered Pokemon and the only thing missing from her arsenal is Sky Attack. Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, Air Cutter, and Gust which looks like it got extremely strong in BW. Ditch QT and she would be good imo, plus she had some nice personality moments like her slowness when being attacked by Unfezant, her flexing her muscles, or how she survived against TR's double attack and KO'd both Amoonguss and Frillish in under thirty seconds. She's the first confirmed female bird and had a very visually amazing aerial battle against Skyla's Swanna. Plus, Super Luck is a damn good ability.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I actually didn't mind the year long gap between Ash's seventh and eighth Gym battles in DP. I thought that they were able to pull that off really well because of how effectively they used the time. There were still filler episodes, but not a lot. They spent a lot of time with Ash and Paul's first full battle, Team Galactic climax, Dawn's remaining Contests, both Ash and Dawn capturing new Pokemon and Dawn's Grand Festival. It was a long time to go without a Gym battle, but unlike with the other series, DP could do it because there was already a lot going on, so it didn't really seem boring to me.
    I personally found myself liking DP a lot more in its last two seasons. I felt things started picking up nicely during this time period for some reason. Including the English dub (except Brock's voice here...I just can't get used to it...the acting is so much better than in BF and the first two DP seasons, but the voice is so deep).

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think characters having multiple pokemon of the same type is boring.

Misty should have captured some non-water pokemon, after all she did want to get both Oddish and Jigglypuff as well as Eevee at one point. And I'm glad Brock didn't stick to rock types because of this. Hard to believe that Bonsly/Sudowoodo was the only rock type he ever captured after Geodude/Onix.
    Johtohfiller likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I think characters having multiple pokemon of the same type is boring.

Misty should have captured some non-water pokemon, after all she did want to get both Oddish and Jigglypuff as well as Eevee at one point. And I'm glad Brock didn't stick to rock types because of this. Hard to believe that Bonsly/Sudowoodo was the only rock type he ever captured after Geodude/Onix.
    I think she only wanted Eevee so that she could evolve it into a Vaporeon, but I agree that capturing multiple Pokemon of the same type is boring. It could work if they made the Pokemon stand out more and given them different movesets, but they didn't really do that with Misty's Pokemon and most of them turned out to be forgettable as a result. I'd much rather see a team full of different types than a trainer primarily focused on one type.

Moe
    Blog Entries

I disagree - I'd rather the single type Gym leader characters stick to one type, but then have episodes focusing on their attempt to overcome their weaknesses as well as capturing dual types that would expand things.

It stuns me that the best episode we got on this in BW was with Chili - when really Cilan should be doing that sort of thing all the time. Considering Grass types are a relatively disadvantaged type there was a lot of potential room for him to create a grass team with the skill of a connoisseur to select compatible Pokemon and movesets that wouldn't leave him with a disadvantage. Instead you get Snivy with only Grass type moves to just highlight the major lack of creativity in movesets.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I disagree - I'd rather the single type Gym leader characters stick to one type, but then have episodes focusing on their attempt to overcome their weaknesses as well as capturing dual types that would expand things.

It stuns me that the best episode we got on this in BW was with Chili - when really Cilan should be doing that sort of thing all the time. Considering Grass types are a relatively disadvantaged type there was a lot of potential room for him to create a grass team with the skill of a connoisseur to select compatible Pokemon and movesets that wouldn't leave him with a disadvantage. Instead you get Snivy with only Grass type moves to just highlight the major lack of creativity in movesets.
    I was talking more about characters in the main cast having more than one type of Pokemon on their teams than characters in general. It works fine with Gym Leaders because they're just challenges for Ash to overcome to earn a badge and they usually do have different movesets for their Pokemon, but in terms of characters in the main cast, I'd rather see them having more than one type of Pokemon on their teams.

Blog Entries

I don't think the show was ever actually that good, even in the beginning.

Moe
    Blog Entries

I was talking more about characters in the main cast having more than one type of Pokemon on their teams than characters in general. It works fine with Gym Leaders because they're just challenges for Ash to overcome to earn a badge and they usually do have different movesets for their Pokemon, but in terms of characters in the main cast, I'd rather see them having more than one type of Pokemon on their teams.
    I should have clarified as Gym Leaders in the main cast - as in Brock, Misty and Cilan. It doesn't make sense to me that they'd ditch their Gym's type the moment they step outside their home town - so I'd rather they looked for ways to overcome the disadvantages of their chosen type on their journey with Ash.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I should have clarified as Gym Leaders in the main cast - as in Brock, Misty and Cilan. It doesn't make sense to me that they'd ditch their Gym's type the moment they step outside their home town - so I'd rather they looked for ways to overcome the disadvantages of their chosen type on their journey with Ash.
    Brock never seemed to have much interest in being a Gym leader in the first place though. And its not like Misty needed all water types, she could have captured a Chinchou or Quagsire, some dual-typed wated pokemon.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Brock was so annoying in any form, be it dub or original JPN version, of Diamond and Pearl. One of the main things I didn't like about DP was his presence there. The way he got there makes no sense, his obsession with Croagunk made no sense, and he was always in the background doing nothing 70% of the time.

The Pokemon Doctor thing was a load of last-minute garbage to me. I liked the episode, but it does not do justice to him at all and was a bad way to send him off. He only got a 47 second goodbye as well...such neglect.

There are times he shined in DP, though, like in episodes where he was sick or helping the girl with the Miltank, but other than that I feel he was very agitating compared to his character in previous arcs (though this is a popular opinion).

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM