Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 32

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 681
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

  1. #466
    Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    People hate zoey because she was a mary sue who never got her rightful comeupptance by the main character to which she was a rival to. Even paul who was probably 3+ tiers higher up on the threat lidt finally lost.
    Well, I don't actually think Zoey was a mary sue. A mary sue is typically defined as a poorly developed character who's really perfect and unbeatable and uninteresting. I never thought of Zoey in this way since she had several flaws, her early stubborness, and lost several battle, though most were offscreen. She was also more of Dawn's mentor and therefore I think it made sence for the student to learn through defeat.

    But it's not that important. All people have their own opinons and there's nothing wrong with that.

  2. #467
    Registered User TheCableGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    357

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Zoey is the best rival and overall best character in the entire anime.

    I actually thought this would be a popular opinion, but upon viewing past threads, I was surprised to see that so many people disliked her.
    Certainly not me. I loved her, especially the double entendres and innuendos surrounding her and Dawn.....

    Or is that just me?

  3. #468
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post

    Certainly not me. I loved her, especially the double entendres and innuendos surrounding her and Dawn.....

    Or is that just me?
    Zoey likely being a lesbian was like the one interesting thing about her. After Harley was likely gay, to have the first lesbian pokemon character was a given.

    At the Snowpoint episodes they pretty much strongly implied that Zoey and Candice were a couple. I truly must applaud the writers for promoting same-sex relationships in a mature and sophisticated manner.

  4. #469
    Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post

    Certainly not me. I loved her, especially the double entendres and innuendos surrounding her and Dawn.....

    Or is that just me?
    Zoey likely being a lesbian was like the one interesting thing about her. After Harley was likely gay, to have the first lesbian pokemon character was a given.

    At the Snowpoint episodes they pretty much strongly implied that Zoey and Candice were a couple. I truly must applaud the writers for promoting same-sex relationships in a mature and sophisticated manner.
    Um...what on earth are you talking about? Okay, I can understand Harley having his few feminine quirks, but what could possibly cause you guys to think that Zoey and Candice/Dawn were in a relationship or that Zoey was a lesbian. I don't remember anything like that being implied at all?!?! I seriously doubt that the writers of this show would be promoting same-sex relationships.

  5. #470
    ポケモンマスター はるひ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    亜米利加合衆国
    Posts
    445
    Blog Entries
    132
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

    Zoey likely being a lesbian was like the one interesting thing about her. After Harley was likely gay, to have the first lesbian pokemon character was a given.

    At the Snowpoint episodes they pretty much strongly implied that Zoey and Candice were a couple. I truly must applaud the writers for promoting same-sex relationships in a mature and sophisticated manner.

    yeeah a children's show promoting or indicating romantic same sex relationships. o_O

  6. #471
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Zoey likely being a lesbian was like the one interesting thing about her. After Harley was likely gay, to have the first lesbian pokemon character was a given.

    At the Snowpoint episodes they pretty much strongly implied that Zoey and Candice were a couple. I truly must applaud the writers for promoting same-sex relationships in a mature and sophisticated manner.
    Zoey never once came off as a lesbian to me. A bit of a tomboy and rough around the edges but not a lesbian. Plus Zoey and Candice are friends and Zoey just respects Candice(Ms.Senior) and Candice sees Zoey as a young sister kinda(Zoezoe). The only time I even ever thought Zoey was anything close to a lesbian was when I visited Bulbapedia at age ten and for some reason they had under trivia for Zoey as being "lesbian-like." Zoey wears suits over dresses, nothing wrong with that. Dawn and Ursula were enough girly for the audience and Zoey wasn't meant to be an airhead or girly, she's 11 apparently and meant to be mature and calm and cooler. Aiko from Ojamajo Doremi is a perfect example of a girl that wears suits often, an example of a lesbian is Haruka from Sailor Moon, that's a lesbian. Harley's "likely gay" was more so pretty much spat at the audience, what with the writers hint-dropping eccentric lines every so often("Gotta powder my nose!", Doll face, "Let's talk man to man, of course I use the term loosely~", constantly referring to Octillery as "girl" in the similar way a hair stylist would their client.) and TPCi giving him one of the "flamey" voices outta South Park and Family Guy and him crossdressing as May. I actually think that's one of the reason why Harley, imo, is one of the greatest, possibly best rival in this whole show. One of the most unique characters in Pokemon is a given.

    Zoey's hatred of Coordinating Gym Challengers was interesting, the writers should have found a way to incorporate that more into the rivalry. Nando beat her and she beat Nando at the GF and kinda ended at that with no real focus. Zoey is one of the few characters in this show to achieve their goal and I still don't mind her winning the GF, I just thought it was kinda weak Dawn never actually beat her rival. It felt stupid that she never actually won given she(And Ash and Nando) had been beaten by Zoey before and May was the only one able to bring her to her knees with her oldest and most appealing Pokemon and even she struggled heavily. I remember how Ash was quite excited to see Zoey at first given Paul couldn't have given a crap about him and he would always be eager to show off his badges to her while Dawn did the same with her ribbons, that being expanded on a little more could have been interesting. If anything Zoey was more of a mentor than a rival, Ash was more of a mentor to May.

  7. #472
    本物の神様 FANG-TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    マサラタウン
    Posts
    895
    Blog Entries
    73
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi. View Post
    yeeah a children's show promoting or indicating romantic same sex relationships. o_O
    Cardcaptor Sakura.

    Not agreeing with The Fighting Misty, just putting it out there. :P
    martianmister likes this.

    ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

  8. #473
    Registered User TheCableGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    357

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post

    Certainly not me. I loved her, especially the double entendres and innuendos surrounding her and Dawn.....

    Or is that just me?
    Zoey likely being a lesbian was like the one interesting thing about her. After Harley was likely gay, to have the first lesbian pokemon character was a given.

    At the Snowpoint episodes they pretty much strongly implied that Zoey and Candice were a couple. I truly must applaud the writers for promoting same-sex relationships in a mature and sophisticated manner.
    Um...what on earth are you talking about? Okay, I can understand Harley having his few feminine quirks, but what could possibly cause you guys to think that Zoey and Candice/Dawn were in a relationship or that Zoey was a lesbian. I don't remember anything like that being implied at all?!?! I seriously doubt that the writers of this show would be promoting same-sex relationships.
    haha. Boy, do I know how to stir a Hornet's nest or what?!

    FYI, I never said that she was a lesbian.
    But you have to understand that there's a such thing
    as girl crushes without a girl being a Lesbian.
    Zoey just happens to be the type to express herself in such a way.

    There's too much cultural bias in society today
    when people can't even express their feelings
    without being labeled Gay/Straight. It's sad really.
    It's confusing enough as it is for people with these feelings.
    They don't need people putting more undue pressure on them
    by trying to tell them what is or is not "gay."

  9. #474
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    It's pretty obvious Zoey was intended to be a lesbian so I don't see the big deal. The pokemon anime stereotypes all its major characters so she was designed and written the way she was for a reason.

  10. #475
    Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post

    Certainly not me. I loved her, especially the double entendres and innuendos surrounding her and Dawn.....

    Or is that just me?
    Zoey likely being a lesbian was like the one interesting thing about her. After Harley was likely gay, to have the first lesbian pokemon character was a given.

    At the Snowpoint episodes they pretty much strongly implied that Zoey and Candice were a couple. I truly must applaud the writers for promoting same-sex relationships in a mature and sophisticated manner.
    Um...what on earth are you talking about? Okay, I can understand Harley having his few feminine quirks, but what could possibly cause you guys to think that Zoey and Candice/Dawn were in a relationship or that Zoey was a lesbian. I don't remember anything like that being implied at all?!?! I seriously doubt that the writers of this show would be promoting same-sex relationships.
    haha. Boy, do I know how to stir a Hornet's nest or what?!

    FYI, I never said that she was a lesbian.
    But you have to understand that there's a such thing
    as girl crushes without a girl being a Lesbian.
    Zoey just happens to be the type to express herself in such a way.

    There's too much cultural bias in society today
    when people can't even express their feelings
    without being labeled Gay/Straight. It's sad really.
    It's confusing enough as it is for people with these feelings.
    They don't need people putting more undue pressure on them
    by trying to tell them what is or is not "gay."
    Oh, no. I wasn't talking to you. I was refering to The Fighting Misty. He's the one who said Zoey was a lesbian. Sorry for the confusion.
    And I know what a lesbian is and I know they exisit. I was confused as to why The Fighting Misy thought Zoey was since I never pictured her as one or why he was talking about the writers promoting homosexuality.
    Either way, I'll never understand why he thinks that way, but like I said before, everyone has their own opinions and that's okay.
    But man, I feel really bad that my post is calling all of this discussion and debating.
    Last edited by Sakuraa; 23rd March 2013 at 09:56 AM.

  11. #476
    Registered User TheCableGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    357

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post

    Certainly not me. I loved her, especially the double entendres and innuendos surrounding her and Dawn.....

    Or is that just me?
    Zoey likely being a lesbian was like the one interesting thing about her. After Harley was likely gay, to have the first lesbian pokemon character was a given.

    At the Snowpoint episodes they pretty much strongly implied that Zoey and Candice were a couple. I truly must applaud the writers for promoting same-sex relationships in a mature and sophisticated manner.
    Um...what on earth are you talking about? Okay, I can understand Harley having his few feminine quirks, but what could possibly cause you guys to think that Zoey and Candice/Dawn were in a relationship or that Zoey was a lesbian. I don't remember anything like that being implied at all?!?! I seriously doubt that the writers of this show would be promoting same-sex relationships.
    haha. Boy, do I know how to stir a Hornet's nest or what?!

    FYI, I never said that she was a lesbian.
    But you have to understand that there's a such thing
    as girl crushes without a girl being a Lesbian.
    Zoey just happens to be the type to express herself in such a way.

    There's too much cultural bias in society today
    when people can't even express their feelings
    without being labeled Gay/Straight. It's sad really.
    It's confusing enough as it is for people with these feelings.
    They don't need people putting more undue pressure on them
    by trying to tell them what is or is not "gay."
    Oh, no. I wasn't talking to you. I was refering to The Fighting Misty. He's the one who said Zoey was a lesbian. Sorry for the confusion.
    And I know what a lesbian is and I know they exisit. I was confused as to why The Fighting Misy thought Zoey was since I never pictured her as one or why he was talking about the writers promoting homosexuality.
    Either way, I'll never understand why he thinks that way, but like I said before, everyone has their own opinions and that's okay.
    But man, I feel really bad that my post is calling all of this discussion and debating.
    I realize you weren't talking to me but my post was kind of directed at the general discussion.
    I didn't mean to post at you but you just happened to be the end of the quote-chain.

    And my post was directed mostly at The Fighting Misty as well
    but I felt I needed to set the record straight for all.

  12. #477
    Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,800
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    It's pretty obvious Zoey was intended to be a lesbian so I don't see the big deal. The pokemon anime stereotypes all its major characters so she was designed and written the way she was for a reason.
    Maybe to you, but I saw nothing indicating any such thing. I'd say she was intended to be a tomboy and nothing more. Fans just blow these things way out of proportion. But of course, this is the same fanbase that has an entire community devoted to shipping, so what can I say?

  13. #478
    Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    352
    Blog Entries
    5
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    I don't want Iris to leave, only to be causally replaced.
    (Not so much about the anime itself) The TR radio show sucks. I've never listened to it, but I've seen a few of the scripts, and the skits are pretty bad.

  14. #479
    本物の神様 FANG-TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    マサラタウン
    Posts
    895
    Blog Entries
    73
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    Maybe to you, but I saw nothing indicating any such thing. I'd say she was intended to be a tomboy and nothing more. Fans just blow these things way out of proportion. But of course, this is the same fanbase that has an entire community devoted to shipping, so what can I say?
    And the same fandom where a young character with A-Cups suddenly becomes a character with D-Cups. Some times they see things I just don't see...

    ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

  15. #480
    Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,224

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Zoey isn't really a tomboy. She just have short hair, and she doesn't wear a skirt. She is very lady-like and feminen in her contest style.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •