Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 30
Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

I think Trip getting beat out in the Unova League preliminaries by Ash was the perfect way to "resolve" that so-called "rivalry".

Even though disliking Trip isn't an unpopular opinion, I've seen many sentiments even from people who dislike him who wish that Trip had gotten a proper rival sendoff at the league - a full battle far later in the League and whatnot. This was an anticlimactic and idiotic way to close the book on Trip, but Trip as a whole was anticlimactic and idiotically written/planned, so it was only fitting that his rushed and half-assed exit from the League matched the rushed and half-assed execution of his entire character. If he had fared any better then I would've protested it. :P

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Will Rip Titles 4 Money marioluigifan05's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow marioluigifan05 On Twitter Add marioluigifan05 on Facebook Add marioluigifan05 on Google+ Add marioluigifan05 on MySpace
    Add marioluigifan05 on Linkedin Follow marioluigifan05 on Tumblr Follow marioluigifan05 on Flickr Visit marioluigifan05's Youtube Channel

Ash should NOT get ANY starters in Gen 6.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually liked the Stephan naming gag while it lasted, even though there wasn't as much variety as with all the names Butch has been called. :D

Quote Originally Posted by stickerstaryoshi View Post
    I just had a similar thought occur to me today.
    I want to see Jessie or James get a Starter in the Next Gen.
    Would love to see how they would handle that curveball.

Ganbare Lizardon!! Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerstaryoshi View Post
    I just had a similar thought occur to me today.
    I want to see Jessie or James get a Starter in the Next Gen.
    Would love to see how they would handle that curveball.
    I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I still wish sometimes that Musashi had captured (what is now) Satoshi's Tsutarja. They're both so sassy :3

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash should never have captured the following:
    -Pidove (generic bird)
    -Scraggy
    -Boldore

Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I still wish sometimes that Musashi had captured (what is now) Satoshi's Tsutarja. They're both so sassy :3
    What a coincidence. Today I watched Snivy's debut episode again and I thought the same thing. :P

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Ash's Unfezant is the best bird Pokemon he ever caught, personality-wise. Swellow is his most powerful bird.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

The original series characters are, by far, the worst overall handled of the entire anime due to the writers lack of experience at the time. And this includes Gary and Tracey.

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the "popular" thread or not, seems like it belongs there rather than here to be honest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    The original series characters are, by far, the worst overall handled of the entire anime due to the writers lack of experience at the time. And this includes Gary and Tracey.

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the "popular" thread or not, seems like it belongs there rather than here to be honest.
    Well seeing as most people love the original trio due to nostalgia, and since I don't know anyone else who'd say that they were the worst handled group, I'd say that was an unpopular opinion. Personally I think the DP trio was kinda poorly developed with Brock basically doing nothing while Ash and Dawn hogged the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post

Well seeing as most people love the original trio due to nostalgia, and since I don't know anyone else who'd say that they were the worst handled group, I'd say that was an unpopular opinion. Personally I think the DP trio was kinda poorly developed with Brock basically doing nothing while Ash and Dawn hogged the spotlight.
    I don't mean as a group, I mean as individual characters. For Brock this includes his AG and DP run.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

They were poorly handled, but I don't know if that's really surprising when the writers were just starting out and didn't have much experience. Personally, I think that Iris is handled far worse since they don't even have that reason for how poorly handled her character has been. Misty and Brock could have been handled better, but I'd prefer seeing them basically fade into the background over Iris doing the same thing and then being glorified as a gifted trainer for doing little to nothing to actually deserve the praise and accomplishments she gets.

Iris' rushed development is probably due to BW being a short series.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Iris' rushed development is probably due to BW being a short series.
    That's most likely the case, but that doesn't change how I think she's been handled worse than both Misty and Brock combined. While they could have been handled better and I never really cared much for Misty to begin with, at least they were tolerable or likable and they didn't treat them like they were such skilled trainers without doing much like they have done with Iris.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would say its more other way around.
    With Misty you could say writers never explored much on her goals thats true, but they did pretty good job at developing her in personality sense which got carried over onto her story. I feel she definitely changed the most as character right after May having believable and memorable growth while bringing lot of comedy, fun interaction and conflict in main cast ,helping Ash in growth by serving as motivator and someone who push him forward, often heped in resolution of plots and saving people lives or towns from destruction through heroic acts bringing indentity and appeal toward this show(more than other girls imo). In nutshell she grew from short tempered, frustrated girl into more mature, filled with confidence person who got out of sister shadow, started to take more initiative herself, discovered value of fruiendship appreciating Ash and Brock friendship to point of being to her "new family" and overcome some fears like Gyarados while remaining playful and spunky in more mature light. In that aspect i appreciated writers work puttong lot of thouight in conveying this in captivating and fun manner.

Compared to Iris, Cilan and most sidekicks and in some aspects even Dawn which never really changed much as person growing mostly in goal sense, i find Misty went through more believable growth containing more vulnerability and hard work when episodes focused on her growth and trials she had to overcome. And as result of that writers portrayed her change as person and trainer in better, conceivable manner.

In comparison issue i have with Iris is lack of believable growth staying more or less same for most part not going through any real struggles, being followed with very little growth as far as Emolga , Excadrill and especially Axew goes.
    And Cilan remained stagnant not changing much at all.

As far as Brock goes while his role wasn't big and direct like we got used to(or better term would be spoiled), he still had pretty good treatment as supporting character providing humor and fun interactions, being of big importance for Ash growth as trainer teaching him basics, preparing strategies and preventing him from doing reckless mistakes being valuable asset to group through his wisdom role of older brother he played while getting some decent development himself.

We can see that in finding common language with dis functional family becoming more compassionate and full of understanding compared to early days.
    During time he traveled with Ash he transformed from at times impulsive guy which had to take care of younger brother and sisters want in more level headed and wise person learning many new things about pokemon, enriching his knowledge as breeder by learning to prepare food, potions, settle down conflict between wild enraged pokemon and about new ways of healing and taking care of pokemon eventually coming to realization what he wants to do with his life, slowly starting to lean toward doctor calling deciding to become one.

He definitely got better treatment than Max, Tracey and even Cilan whwen taking in account whole run.

I don't mean as a group, I mean as individual characters. For Brock this includes his AG and DP run.
    Thats more unpopular than popular. Worst handled characters in fandom judging by what i read in here and other sites were Tracey, Max, Iris(here mostly) and to my big surprise Dawn on pokeelite, pokecommunity and similar sites.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 21st March 2013 at 06:22 AM.

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast