Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 27
Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    Misty opinions are fine and all. But if you guys want to discuss and debate her role and what she did during her tenure, you can use the thread in the Pokemon League.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/did-you-like-misty-kasumis-role-show-109380/
    You're right. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries

i'll copy my recent post on SPP:

after watching the sinnoh leage, i have to say that i actually *liked* the battle with tobias. not only was it interesting (not because legendaries but because he literally mopped the floor with ash's pokemon but yet have his darkrai beat ) but it was very tense indeed. i knew ash wasn't going to win but it was cool how he was the only one to defeat darkrai.

My name is Misaaki. アテは、岩根雅明の#1ファン、Please

Want to know an unpopular opinion...?

...I would've preferred the seasons to be shorter, with more Orange Island/Battle Frontier-esque arcs in-between. Like, with Kanto, they fit the whole Kanto saga into 80-ish episodes. Do we NEED 250 episodes per region?

Quote Originally Posted by agramugl View Post

...I would've preferred the seasons to be shorter, with more Orange Island/Battle Frontier-esque arcs in-between. Like, with Kanto, they fit the whole Kanto saga into 80-ish episodes. Do we NEED 250 episodes per region?
    Well that's never happened, the longest saga was 191 episodes. :p

I do think each arc could be around 120 episodes maximum though. 120 eps gives them enough time for the main cast, their pokemon, all the important episodes, and the villain teams. Hoenn got it right at 131 episodes.

For me, I personally don't care about saga length, as long as what's being put out is good.

Blog Entries

I do want to add to my unpopular opinions, I saw the battle with Kotetsu and I have to say... I'd be raising a mega eyebrow if Satoshi actually were to beat him. I know alot of people think differently but when you work in logic... one clearly has better Pokemon and the evolution during the battle sealed it.

(plus, age has nothing really to do with how strong a trainer is. this anime has has some tough little kiddies on there! ^^ )

My name is Misaaki. アテは、岩根雅明の#1ファン、Please

I think it would have been better off to "wipe the slate clean" of all the original series characters after Johto. If they must keep Ash that is. Brock and Team Rocket stayed for extra generations but all that time did was flanderize their characters and make them less interesting, so you have to wonder what the point was?

Any character who lasts longer than 4 years tends to be handled very poorly in this show. So I guess a 3-4 year timeframe is the most the writers can do for a character.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I think it would have been better off to "wipe the slate clean" of all the original series characters after Johto. If they must keep Ash that is. Brock and Team Rocket stayed for extra generations but all that time did was flanderize their characters and make them less interesting, so you have to wonder what the point was?

Any character who lasts longer than 4 years tends to be handled very poorly in this show. So I guess a 3-4 year timeframe is the most the writers can do for a character.
    I noticed you often use term "flanderization" but im not sure if you are familiar enough with term. Flanderization means to exaggerate with one or two traiots about character to the point it overshadows any other aspect of his.

And to my knowledge such thing didnpt happen with TR enjoying in increase of role Jessie had working hard to become better coordinator going in correlation with her vain, egoistic personality. Additionally James had several memorable moments in AG and DP learning more about his past and pokemon like Chimecho or Caarnivine going through some growth of having to realize whats best for some of his pokemon like Cacnea giving it to Gardenia.

Same applies to Jessie and her Dustox with sad heart accepting whats best to her pokemon showing to have under rough sirface kind heart full of compassion.
    We saw wide spectrum of emotions Tr expressed in AG and DP and i find myself enjoying more in them opposite to Johto where they became repetitive and stale doing nothing but chase Pikachu getting blasted off.

Same applies to Brock at least in Hoenn showing lot of character there still being goofy and humorous guy who tries to find girl but not to the point of going over top with it like it happened in DP. While playing of well with Max finding common language and establishing good friendship with May having several memorable moments getting at times in clash, having conversations together guiving her company when she went for shopping feeling like friends. Along with showing lot of caring side utilizing his knopwledge in taking care of sick Sharpedo, Nuzleef, nurser Joy which prompt him to reconsider his career, Solrock, Mudkip and many, many more.

Brock learned as breeder much more in Hoenn and to some extent in DP when getting Happiny egg taking care of it than he did in Kanto or Johto tbh.

As for Ash he was handled perfectly fine until BW advancing forward and maturing as trainer in Hoenn and Sinnoh while keeping his bratty, impulsive charm.

So no im not sure if i get what you mean because writers already showed tp us how they know how to write longer stiry taking characters forward. Proved they know how to take things out of rut giving more substance to companions making them interesting again. Like they did with Misty making her more active and enjoyable in Master Quest and chronicles as opposite to mid Johto where she felt left put aside from some occasional moments. When they made Jessie and James valuable again being given more of role in newer sagas compared to Johto where they went beyond repetitive etc.

Writers certainly proved how they know how to keep character interesting and make him worthwhile for longer periods of time. It only depends on their willingness and right vision in mind if character can last for long period of time , advance forward and remain interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agramugl View Post

Well that's never happened, the longest saga was 191 episodes. :p

I do think each arc could be around 120 episodes maximum though. 120 eps gives them enough time for the main cast, their pokemon, all the important episodes, and the villain teams. Hoenn got it right at 131 episodes.
    more popular than unpopular it seems
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Ash's Shoujo eyes are much better than his old ones.

They especially look good in AG.

A few of my unpopular opinions:

- Virgil is my favorite character in the anime and I am glad he won the league
    - I like serious TR more than funny TR
    - I am glad Oshawott hasn't evolved yet
    - I like Cilan much more than Brock

Another one of mine: Character replacing is never the answer, not when other shows keep the same characters for a long time and still do just fine. All it does is discourage character investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post

MY EYES!!! OUCH!!!

It's gonna take some getting used to...that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post

MY EYES!!! OUCH!!!

It's gonna take some getting used to...that's for sure.
    Was that intentional? XP

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post
    Speaking of Kasumi I'd say an unpopular opinion I have about her is that whenever she did get a chance to shine her moments really were favorable and noble:

-The Misty Mermaid was a very well-written episode.
    -For Cryin' Out Loud tugged at the heart-strings
    -Her cameo in AG, especially her interactions with Max and kissing her Pokeball to a Pokemon she once loathed was epic
    -Her Chronicle episodes were also decent and realistic because they showed with Misty being on her own, she had to do things her way opposed to Ash's way.
    -Her battles with Staryu(although a select few) were just awesome-Movie 3 ring a bell?

My unpopular opinion is that Kasumi did very well had her likeable moments, action-packed moments, and even a few epic moments. She just wasn't given the proper time with the endless amount of fillers to do so.

Just like Iris wasn't given the amount of time saga wise to properly develop her story. I blame the writers for lack of Kasumi utilization in a large span of time and the amount of Iris glorification in such a short span of time.

The writers are at fault for Misty and Iris' developments, not the characters themselves.
    So in other words 40% of her run? :p

I don't think anyone will deny that Misty/Brock spent a large chunk of their run not really doing anything but making random observation comments of whatever was going on in the episode. If the writers focused on the two a little better and didn't neglect them for half their run, they would have fared better as main characters.

I guess they had the misfortune of being in the anime when it was heavily focused on Ash himself or the actual pokemon. Brock really didn't do much more in Johto than AG or DP either for that matter.

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast