Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 26

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

I have one simple opinion. Best Wishes: Season 2 adding Pokémon from the other generations was the worst decision ever. Now it just feels overloaded with all the Pokémon now.
    Last edited by Fennekin; 25th January 2013 at 02:27 PM.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    I have one simple opinion. BW2 adding Pokémon from the other generations was the worst decision ever. Now it just feels overloaded with all the Pokémon now.
    Is this for Best Wishes: Season 2, or for the games? Because this thread is to discuss unpopular opinions about the anime, not the games.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    I have one simple opinion. BW2 adding Pokémon from the other generations was the worst decision ever. Now it just feels overloaded with all the Pokémon now.
    Is this for Best Wishes: Season 2, or for the games? Because this thread is to discuss unpopular opinions about the anime, not the games.
    The anime. I'll edit my post to make it more clear.
    Karamazov likes this.

Blog Entries

I don't know... I see a lot of people saying they LIKE the new Rocket Dan.

I don't. I really HATE them.
    Sometimes their comical scenes was what saved a lot of boring episodes. I think Best Wishes suffered a lot because of this.
    I didn't like seeing them interrupt every friggin episode but that was all I would have "fixed" about them. They were fine as comic relief. They were fine when they HAD personalities. Best Wishes turned them into generic villains like the Magma/Aqua Dan characters were in Advanced Generation. And they still do the same things, lose just as pathetically as always. They don't blast-off? Wow, huuuge difference!
    Yeah, I really hate the new team.

Speaking of Best Wishes, I really don't like the Kanto vibe it gives. In fact, the original series is easily my least favorite of all the series so far. So a "Kanto feel" is definately NOT good to me.
    Diamond & Pearl is my favorite and somewhere around episode 25 and onwards Best Wishes went so down the hill if I made a graph for that the line would sink negative. Just not as low as the Joutou part of the original.
    The generation itself doesn't helps with my impression on BW, but that's more related to the game than the anime so I won't go there.
    It improved on some things but got worse in too many. And "Dragon Master" is almost as vague as a proper goal as the excuse of a purpose Kasumi came up with in Joutou.

Speaking of Kasumi, I prefer any random female character-of-the-day over her. I don't like Iris either, but she's a lot more tolerable.

Everyone hates Masato, but I thought a 4th member and a much younger one at that, was a nice addition to the team back then.

And lastly, I think Shigeru is VERY overrated. In Joutou he didn't even act like he cared for the rivalry with Satoshi until the beginning of the League. Before that he was just there to make us laugh with his absurd and random stuff like driving a car, owning 10 badges and being accompanied by an army of older girls. The final battle between him and Satoshi didn't live up to its hype and years of preparation at all.

I don't think the "new" voice actors are that bad. The only one that sounds bad to me is Brock. I mean, of course I prefer the originals because that's what I grew up with, but I don't think they deserve the amount of bashing they get.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Megane View Post
    I don't think the "new" voice actors are that bad. The only one that sounds bad to me is Brock. I mean, of course I prefer the originals because that's what I grew up with, but I don't think they deserve the amount of bashing they get.
    For the record, although I do dislike the decision that was made here, I think TPCi's voice actors are good voice actors for the BW characters these days. I don't show it, but I do think they play the characters well, in different ways. The reason they and TPCi get bashed so much (I'm still a little guilty of this myself) is because of the whole controversy that's erupted since 2006.

I guess my unpopular opinion would be that I hate the "nostalgia" excuse many people use for that preference. I just plain like the former voice cast better than the current one.

I feel the former cast were more younger-sounding, age-appropriate, and put a much higher level of emotion into their work. They practically made me fall in love with this series as a kid.

They weren't infallible or perfect, of course, but to me they have something that TPCi's voice actors can't replicate: the genuine emotion they put into the characters. I'm getting a bit teary-eyed writing this but...yeah, that's how I feel.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 2nd February 2013 at 09:29 PM.

Not sure if it's just me, but my "unpopular opinion" on the anime at the moment is how it all looks. From Diamond and Pearl onwards the art and style of the whole anime seems to be pretty bad compared to the other seasons.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I like Iris/Cilan more than Misty/Brock
    I don't care that Ash is still 10, since he never really made any progress as a trainer
    I like more Team Rocket when they don't give you 5 minutes of silly talking/boss fantasies and 10 minutes of silly "battling" into EVERY episode.
    I always hate the Team Aqua/Magma/Galactic episodes.
    I like BW rivals/tournaments more than DP's ones
    I have no problem with Iris' Dragonite as soon as the Junior Cup ended

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dino97 View Post
    I like Iris/Cilan more than Misty/Brock
    I don't care that Ash is still 10, since he never really made any progress as a trainer

I like more Team Rocket when they don't give you 5 minutes of silly talking/boss fantasies and 10 minutes of silly "battling" into EVERY episode.
    I always hate the Team Aqua/Magma/Galactic episodes.
    I like BW rivals/tournaments more than DP's ones
    I have no problem with Iris' Dragonite as soon as the Junior Cup ended
    I PArticularly like the bolded ones.

Also I don't mind that team plasma is going out early. All it was is just fanservice.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Some things to add:

Nothing is special about Palpitoad. I don't really know what people see in him.
    Dawn was much better in BW2 than in DP.
    I don't think Ash's outfit needed to change. What was wrong with the old one?
    Tracey and Brock (Yes, even at his worst) > Cilan
    I'm not the biggest fan of Iris, but she's better than May or Dawn.
    This is popular on other sites, but not here: OS > All.
    Ash vs Cameron was pretty bad, but not worse than Ash vs Paul (NO ONE should be able to 6-2 him). Thanks a lot, Paul, for making us sit through an episode of him moping!
    Speaking of which, I don't find Paul a compelling rival at all.
    Dawn and Infernape are annoying and whiney.
    May is NOT the best companion OR Arceus' gift on the Pokemon World.
    Sewaddle (not Leavanny or Swadloon) is Ash's best BW Pokemon.
    I don't like the idea of a "fresh start" (by that, I mean Ash "Oaking" all his other Pokemon). It's just stupid that he assembles a team, and then dumps them at the end of a region. It might not bother me as much, if he didn't get attacked by Team Rocket (and even after that, he doesn't learn). I hope he doesn't do the same for Gen 6.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Speaking of unpopular opinions of dub songs - I liked the rap ending from the Battle Frontier season.
    IIRC, that was the condensed form of the original Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon dub. I honestly hate it with a burning passion, but it's cool you like it. :)

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the writers didn't quite know what to do with Misty or Brock after about mid-Johto. I suppose they felt at the time that focusing on either one of them heavily would detract from Ash's goal, so their "water goal," and "breeder goal" only got the bare minimum of episodes per saga. The writers obviously changed this way of thinking when they brought Contests into the show, but even then you could tell how they still want Ash the lead, (even in AG, May had to play second fiddle to Ash most of the time in terms of moments of story).

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

i posted my thoughts on another forum and i'll post them here as well :]

-I thought Team Magma and Team Plasma had the best leader
    -I thought Team Galactic had the best staff (not leader)
    -I like Team Rocket's blast offs, just not in every scene featuring them.
    -I liked the Pokemon league.
    -I like the anime better in english
    -I liked the contests
    -I don't care alot for Ash's traveling companions
    -I don't get the rage with Charizard
    -I like the TRio having a goofy side
    -I like female characters who are girly and embrace it
    -I thought Zager was the best TR member
    -I don't care for Pierce(TR)
    -I liked the Team Galactic 3-parter
    -I liked Jesselina and her contests.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I think the writers didn't quite know what to do with Misty or Brock after about mid-Johto. I suppose they felt at the time that focusing on either one of them heavily would detract from Ash's goal, so their "water goal," and "breeder goal" only got the bare minimum of episodes per saga. The writers obviously changed this way of thinking when they brought Contests into the show, but even then you could tell how they still want Ash the lead, (even in AG, May had to play second fiddle to Ash most of the time in terms of moments of story).
    Normally i would agree, but Misty actually received quite a lot of focus toward her water master goal in last season of Johto. She received her own arc in form of Whirl Cup which was directly linked to her dream, received new pokemon Corsola with eventual capture being foreshadowed through three episodes during Whirl Islands, Poliwhirl got evolved along with several episodes focusing on her background and aims. Such as about wild Macargo and trainer Egan emphasizing on her preference toward water types growing to respect fire trainers and their approach, battled gym leader Dorian focusing on her negative experiences with sisters in past, revealed her other preferences such as interest in cheer leading helping Nami about it etc.

Played role in several episodes helping to battle Tr organization during Lugia and Red Gyarados arc, helped to resolve mystery behind Ninetales saving Brock from trans he fallen into, battled TR along with Ash multiple times helping others t retrieve stolen pokemon like Britanny and her Iglybuff, battled trainers like Sakura establishing friendship which got carried into chronicles later on, battled wild pokemon like Sneasel or outraged Dragonite in arc with Clair etc along with still bringing lot of humor, enjoyable dynamic , witty remarks and tension into cast making chemistry more lively.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Misty opinions are fine and all. But if you guys want to discuss and debate her role and what she did during her tenure, you can use the thread in the Pokemon League.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/did-you-like-misty-kasumis-role-show-109380/
    Hidden Mew likes this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM