Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 25

Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

-Some new ones:

-The Meloetta arc was very well written. Meloetta was the legendary that had 16 consecutive appearances in the anime, has 6 episodes of screentime (Shirona/Herself, Dawn, Onix Island, Cameron/Marlon, and Project Tempest), his finale was good, his love to Ash and the love of Oshawott was enjoyable. The only problem is that Pirouette Form didn't appear more and the Piplup part but the latter don't depend of her...

-I don't think that the series will be much better if Team Plasma debuted into the 2-partner. However, I think that Pokemon shouldn't air those weeks and start airing BW with the TP vs TR episodes.

-I like all battles in the League except Ash vs Cameron. For example, I liked Ash vs Trip although I don't like facing TRip in a 1vs1.

-I like that Ash has regressed in this League because the fans acknowledge that Ash was reset in "In the Shadow of Zekrom" and to end the aura that the fans give to Ash since the Darkrai battle. That doesn't mean at all that I like the League at all (although it isn't horrible)

-I don't like Cameron. I don't mind dumb characters but he's too dumb for me. Specially in the last battle.

-I think that Dawn should have stayed in the Project Tempest arc because Piplup was related to Meloetta. Also, I think that Dawn should made into the 1/2 of the tournaments or that she appear after the tournament.

The main thing about the Club battles aren't the battles. Is the chemistry between the characters. And that was very good.

-I don't like serious TR and the fact that they have getting few appearances recently. I miss "blasting off again", his gags, etc. Although I want them out in important battle episodes.
    martianmister likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've honestly lost a lot of interest in the show since Ash lost the Sinnoh league, and largely only followed BW because of Cilan and the promise of a Giovanni/TR arc. I feel like some of the things about BW that I like should have happened back in DP, (like the tournaments, or some of the funny rivals), but it feels like a little, "too little, too late" type of thing.

As it feels right now DP was the climax of Ash's journey, everything that started from Kanto pretty much built up to DP as a conclusion, and after that we're just in semi-reboot territory, almost the point where all of BW feels pointless. And that's what bothers me the most now, everything that happens in BW feels pointless. Even though in all previous gens you knew Ash would leave his older pokemon behind and his friends would change, it still all felt like it, "mattered" so to speak. When DP was airing so much of AG and the OS were brought up in it that you felt like it was still one big continuity.

Even if the 6th gen is a much better series, again, I feel like its "too little, too late" now. If we get competent Ash again I won't really care, because we saw that already. Its been over 16 years since the anime started, and now Ash has way too many older pokemon for any of them to be used anymore, and obviously most of Ash's older friends won't cameo again at this point.

I am hoping Team Rocket are written out at BW's end, just so I can see the closure of the last bit of main characters that have been there since the beginning.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    As it feels right now DP was the climax of Ash's journey, everything that started from Kanto pretty much built up to DP as a conclusion, and after that we're just in semi-reboot territory, almost the point where all of BW feels pointless.
    Not sure if i would call it climax. Ash was closest to winning finally league in DP having fierce competition, that's true., But as far as his goal of becoming master goes even if he won league he would still be far from it with champion league being just one of steps on Ash road going by what Lucian said. So his journey wouldn't need to stop just on that having writers break new grounds with his career and deal with pressure which fame brings with itself. Not to mention judging by his performance against Flint and Bertha you could tell he still wasn't ready for E4 not reaching such level as trainer to parry them.

When DP was airing so much of AG and the OS were brought up in it that you felt like it was still one big continuity.
    Eh if you ask me AG series were richer in that aspect, but ill admit how DP still had relatively strong sense of following keeping its ties with previous generations.

Even if the 6th gen is a much better series, again, I feel like its "too little, too late" now. If we get competent Ash again I won't really care, because we saw that already. Its been over 16 years since the anime started, and now Ash has way too many older pokemon for any of them to be used anymore, and obviously most of Ash's older friends won't cameo again at this point.
    There always exists time for penitentiary. As it stands right now series has fallen in repetitive, overused rut with declining popularity and drop of interest only serving as wake up call how status quo can't maintain itself for much longer.

Way i see it changing completely current concept bringing unexpected twists like reuse of older companions doing build up on stories, taking steps forward with Ash starting to win for change and break new grounds with his goal. Such as overcoming league, challenging E4, traveling to new regions conquering further tasks to gain recognition to become master. Etc. are breath of fresh air current anime formula needs to keep its popularity going and keep people hooked on it for many more years to come.

I am hoping Team Rocket are written out at BW's end, just so I can see the closure of the last bit of main characters that have been there since the beginning.
    If you ask me instead of retiring them for good, why not come up with innovative ways to keep their characters fresh and recapture appeal they used to have? TR trio is extremely popular group of characters contributing to show popularity and im sure many people would appreciate more if writers do build up on their story coming up with new, exciting things for them to do.
    Instead of being bury away ending forgotten.

Not to mention when taking in account how writing out characters and giving them proper closure is one of writers weakest points im not sure how much beneficial this would be. Its no secret how with majority of characters which left cast they left job unfinished.

I've honestly lost a lot of interest in the show since Ash lost the Sinnoh league, and largely only followed BW because of Cilan and the promise of a Giovanni/TR arc. I feel like some of the things about BW that I like should have happened back in DP, (like the tournaments, or some of the funny rivals), but it feels like a little, "too little, too late" type of thing.

As it feels right now DP was the climax of Ash's journey, everything that started from Kanto pretty much built up to DP as a conclusion, and after that we're just in semi-reboot territory, almost the point where all of BW feels pointless. And that's what bothers me the most now, everything that happens in BW feels pointless. Even though in all previous gens you knew Ash would leave his older pokemon behind and his friends would change, it still all felt like it, "mattered" so to speak. When DP was airing so much of AG and the OS were brought up in it that you felt like it was still one big continuity.

I think, for once, I am agreeing with you here. BW, though it is enjoyable to watch and the characters are interesting, it feels like a major downfall in character development. Especially with Ash and his training methods, personality and experience.

In my opinion, if Ash was shown as a more experienced trainer, building up a powerful team (while still keeping the same bond and trust that he always had), understanding and connecting with his Pokemon in a more experienced manner and showing Iris that he isn't such a kid after all (haha), this saga wouldn't feel so pointless compared to the two previous sagas. I agree with you that Ash had a build up of competence throughout the saga, and now to me, it just almost feels cheated.
    Maybe Episode N will overcome this.

Smile~

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

I think Kanto league is better than Isshu league. At least Satoshi's lost in Kanto had a meaning...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

more popular than unpopular, BTW...
    Bubble Frog likes this.
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Everything you said except the TR part is a popular opinion.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I like Kotty (Kotetsu/Cameron). Everyone here makes a big deal about his stupidity, yet I find him likable, interesting, fun and somehow a better trainer than Ash.
    Last edited by SammyW27; 23rd January 2013 at 11:59 AM.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just can't get over the Johto saga. I've been complaining about it for 10 years, hell, over 10 years now, and I just can't get over it.

I recognize it does have some good episodes from time to time and I did like the tail-end of Master Quest quite a lot, but there are just other aspects of it...I just can't get over it. The whole saga happened at a time when the show was young and it took the direction of the show that Kanto/Orange set-up and turned it into what it was never supposed to be.

The damage was done.
    Yankees4life likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The Johto League was awesome because it's got a rivalry wrap up way better done than the Unova League

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I just can't get over the Johto saga. I've been complaining about it for 10 years, hell, over 10 years now, and I just can't get over it.

I recognize it does have some good episodes from time to time and I did like the tail-end of Master Quest quite a lot, but there are just other aspects of it...I just can't get over it. The whole saga happened at a time when the show was young and it took the direction of the show that Kanto/Orange set-up and turned it into what it was never supposed to be.

The damage was done.
    I don't really see how that's an unpopular opinion, especially when many people don't like Johto for similar reasons. I still don't think that Johto was nearly that bad. There were bad fillers, but there are plenty of bad fillers in every series. I'm more forgiving of some, not all, of its flaws since this was the first time the writers had to extend a single journey for more than one year. It obviously wouldn't be handled well and that doesn't excuse every problem I have with Johto, but I think that's one reason why I'm not upset with the saga in general either. Plus, I really did enjoy it. It does drag on and I do remember thinking when was Ash going to get another badge when I watched them back in the day on Kids' WB, but I still remember being entertained through most of the episodes. I still enjoy rewatching the DVDs I have of Johto League Champions and my Master Quest box set. It did improve during Master Quest and I did like the Johto League. The battles against Gary and Harrison were good, although, in retrospect, Ash primarily relying on his older Pokemon starting with his eighth badge wasn't the best move writing wise. It would have been better to train his Johto team instead considering that they needed the screentime more than his Kanto Pokemon did.

Blog Entries

Tbh I enjoy bw. DP had a great rival but contest battles never made any sense to me. Iris might be annoying but at least she isnt another contest bore. Tbh I hope they keep her in. Cilian is the one that needs kicking his only role is to be a chef. Oh and team rocket got stale. Prefer the newer evil version. people are too hung up on the ash losing dp ending and they seemingly becoming a nub again. If you look past that BW is better.

I actually thought that the Kanto ark was the weakest one. Pikachu defeated many a ground type with his Thunderbolt, which shouldn't even be possible.(Golem, here's looking at you.) In addition, the animation was kind of cheesy, and Ash's supposed rival, Gary Oak, who many say ws Ash's greatest rival, didn't even battle him until the Orange Island ark.

I also don't think Mewtwo is all that powerful. As shown, many a Pokémon are of equal power to him, (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Zekrom, Reshiram), and some even surpass him in power (Arceus, Black Kyurem, White Kyurem.). In Kanto he could have been strongest, maybe, but I hear all the time how Mewtwo is undefeatable, and just look at the first movie for reference. Honestly, he's a tough legendary, but he's not that strong. Geez.....

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

The damage was done.
    more popular than unpopular :D
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Kanto League was the second best league, his loss wasn't nearly as bad as the "conclusion" for Sinnoh/Unova Leagues.

There should never have been any character replacing, Tracey could have been an addition instead of a replacement (though I have nothing against him).

OS TR > BW TR > AG/DP TR (God, they MURDERED THEM)

Misty never got stale for me, so I guess that's one good thing about her leaving early, she wouldn't get the Ash and Brock treatment.

Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM