Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 23

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

The Antisocial Hermit Spontaneous Combusken's Avatar
    Follow Spontaneous Combusken On Twitter
    Follow Spontaneous Combusken on Tumblr

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

I was going to leave my unpopular opinion about the anime, but I'm not sure if this thread is even about that anymore, eheheheh.

Anyway, I'm not sure how unpopular this opinion is, but I can't stand the english dubbed voices of Iris, Cilan, Trip, and Bianca. They make my ears bleed and I find Iris and Bianca a lot more annoying in their dubbed voice. They sounds a lot cuter in Japanese.
    martianmister and Silverwynde like this.

3DS FC: 3695-0070-1064

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Spontaneous Combusken View Post
    Anyway, I'm not sure how unpopular this opinion is, but I can't stand the english dubbed voices of Iris, Cilan, Trip, and Bianca. They make my ears bleed and I find Iris and Bianca a lot more annoying in their dubbed voice. They sounds a lot cuter in Japanese.
    Most people here seem to prefer the character's original voices, people who prefer the dubbed voices of the later series tend to be in the minority. Ditto for the music.

With the Kanto saga on the other hand, the dub voices seem to be quite popular. Though that may be due to nostalgia, or because not that many people have actually watched the earlier sagas in Japanese.

I like Boldore out of all of Ash's members, he was cute as a Roggenrola personally with his upbeat mood.
    The Network likes this.

Thanks for contributing

Quote Originally Posted by Revolving Worlds View Post
    I like Boldore out of all of Ash's members, he was cute as a Roggenrola personally with his upbeat mood.
    Indeed, I personally like the fact that he's a rock with a hole in it.
    Karamazov and martianmister like this.
    fuck you, sig.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I really really liked Lyra and Khoury, even if they were solely existent due to Johto promotion. Neither was terribly interesting and both had pretty generic personalities, but still I really enjoyed their time on the show. They really got me hyped for HGSS.(I have yet to actually play these games :P) Lyra's nickname for Dawn, "Dane" was actually entertaining and sounded somewhat decent compared to the awful Stephan and Alder name gags. The animation in their Tag Battle against Ash and Dawn was simply beautiful and shows how they were really try to make the Johto starters shine for the future game. Lyra was pretty strong for a two-badge-having trainer given her Chikorita could use Light Screen and Solar Beam.(And no, I mean in a realistic non-Pansage/Cherubi/Roselia way.) JohtoFestaShipping actually seemed like a ship the writers were going to go for and something actually feasible and realistic.

I liked the way Lyra kept trying to ship her and Dawn with the male companions, that encounter with Lyra helped me learn that Dawn is the least romance-interested of all the Pokegirls compared to Misty who seemed like the one who cared about romance the most and May who pretty much had a thing for Drew, then Iris who got hungry whenever someone starts talking about love. It was cool having a girl who's more battle active(Well Iris didn't exist at the time.) and goes for badges. Khoury fishing for Gible in grass.Cilan foreshadowing!!!111 Then there was Ash being so energetic about catching Gible he fell into a sand trap and then Dawn and him get into a fight over him being so reckless and hyper and Khoury is just all "0_o;;;;"

In the Tag Battle, I honestly would have not minded them winning. Sure Monferno, Ash, and Dawn had more experienced but for the most part Khoury seemed pretty nicely powered with a Totodile that had a very impressive moveset(Superpower, Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail, and Crunch). Plus I did think it was a bit forced how long Dawn's three-day old Cyndaquil managed to survive that onslaught of Water-type moves as well as Razor Leaf and retaliate like that, then again I'm guessing Dawn's Cyndaquil was a savant, it was explained before baby Cyndaquil have trouble igniting their flames but Dawn's had no problem so I guess that's it. Monferno might have been strong, but it wasn't God and I think Croconaw could have gotten the job done had Chikorita done her part and defeated Cyndaquil.

I also thought it was neat how TPCi had a small competition for anime fans and whoever won got the chance to voice a Pokemon character, in this case that was Khoury's VA. I actually talked to the guy a while back and was surprised that his acting wasn't half-bad given that was his first role ever. Yeah, I'm done rambling about Khoury and Lyra XP

How ashes flying type pokemon are getting treated like crap and never used that much in battle. And even if they are used they get defeated real easily.

Not a big fan of the anime other than gym battles and evolutions

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKing View Post
    How ashes flying type pokemon are getting treated like crap and never used that much in battle. And even if they are used they get defeated real easily.
    I'm not sure that's unpopular, I've heard that many times. In fact, I feel that way too.
    BlackKing likes this.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Pikachu is overrated
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

The second battle between Haxorus and excadrill was Bs.

Looking back on it, Brock wasn't too bad in Diamond and Pearl.

Did he really have an overarching plot like Ash and Dawn did? No.

But the episodes where he took center stage to help out the characters of the day were all funny, well animated, and still maintained a slightly serious edge to em.
    Last edited by Hellwarden; 1st January 2013 at 08:01 PM.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

1. The Unova era is the second worst in the series (the worst being johto of course). I'd rank them like this: Original (Indigo and Orange Islands arcs) > Advanced Generation (Hoenn and Battle Frontier) > DP > Unova > Johto

2. I miss Brock (disclaimer: I preferred Brock before they went overboard with the obsession with girls, but I still like his character. I do find it interesting how he left to become a doctor, which is cool because it had been kinda hinting to that since season 1 ("Beach Blank-Out Blastoise", anyone?)

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

-Best Wishes is worse than Johto(I just can't take the stupidity).
    -Paul is overrated, but has every right to be for being such a good character...Piplup on the other hand...
    -Ursula, despite ever winning, was more of a "threat" than Harley, making her a better antagonistic rival, not in personality and character, just in rivalry.
    -Iris is pretty likeable whenever she's NOT battling and dealing with anything trainer related; a part of me will miss her spunk whenever she leaves and quite often I enjoy her bickering with Georgia.
    -Misty was a decent battler whenever she battled seriously(sans Psyduck)
    -Tracey should have stayed at least for a regular season
    -Cilan and May were both great additions, but they didn't necessarily "save" the show. May was just a new girl who regularly went after her passion and Cilan just relieved us of Brock.
    -Burgundy still is one of the greatest rivals of all time despite never winning shit and IDGAF how many other wins rivals have. I actually thought she had a lot more potential than Gary, definitely Trip, and Nando did.
    -Georgia should have been introduced in DP, she would have been a good rival for Ash or Dawn.
    -I'm up for character cameos as soon as Best Wishes is over; any past character who appears in Best Wishes from here on out is doomed.
    -I really want to see a Soledad vs May rematch. With May's team now and correcting her past mistakes, it may just be like Nando vs Zoey in Sinnoh GF.
    -I tend to find the female rivals collectively more entertaining than the male ones. Paul holds up the male category pretty much by his damn self and Conway and Barry were good too, while Ursula, Georgia, Burgundy, Bianca, and even Zoey and Soledad brought something fresh, confident, humorous, and unique to the table.
    -Kenyan is only likeable to me because he saved the Unova League with giving us one decent battle, thank you Kenyan.
    -Bianca should have been on a co-star level I feel, becoming a much more competent trainer over time, not just in one tournament.
    -Harley and Dawn should battle somewhere, somehow, someway...the same with Ursula and May. It'd be cool to see reverses.
    -Misty was awesome at one point in time, and for that reason, I wouldn't mind seeing her return with her own little arc again, but please let her do some kick ass battling this time.
    -The original trio was decent at one point in time, so I wouldn't mind seeing them reunite for simply some flashbacks and maybe to encourage Ash or something.
    -Contestshipping is what makes Drew so popular, not Drew himself(Contestshipper myself).

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I didn't think Dawn's appearance in Best Wishes was that bad. I actually liked that she became one of the gang.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    I wish they'd acknowledge a Pokemon's gender when it's known. Like Ash, Cilan and Iris know Snivy's a girl... so why are they constantly calling Snivy "it"?
    That has to do with the fact that in the Japanese version of the show Pokemon are always referred to as "it" or "that one" since iirc Japanese don't have gender specific words like "he" or "she."

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM