Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 21
Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Lol, think about it...with, May and Dawn he was the mature/more serious one. With Iris and Misty, he was more of a bumbling idiot.
    Oh my God. You are! XD You're saying that Iris is the reason Ash acts the way he does in BW. Holy Christ, I guess Iris is responsible for Ash catching so many Pokemon then too right? :P Iris is also responsible for Burgundy, Trip, and Bianca being a terrible rivals too. Iris is responsible for Ash having another terrible "DEM"(God knows how many times I've seen this term)evolution since her Broken Barney forced Krokorok to evolve, right? :PIris is also responsible for stealing peoples' children
    The point is subjective since he was perfectly fun, yet smart acting around May, remember?

He used Oshawott against Cilan because of Cilan, remember? Iris didn't force Ash to not use his Tranquil against Burgh. He always goes against Type advantages, that's typical Ash shenanigans, Masurao. Iris didn't force him to bring just his Palpitoad to battle Elesa, now did she?
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 28th December 2012 at 01:38 AM.

The point is, his behavior seems more tied to his relationship with the main female, than the "third wheel" male. With Misty, and Iris...they were "experienced" so Ash has to play the immature, bone-headed idiot.

Given May and Dawn's status as "newbies" Ash played his mentor/more serious role. So yes, in your logic, May's position could be "blamed" for Ash taking up the serious/mentor role..just as Iris' could be "blamed" for Ash having a role-reversal. No idea why you're randomly pointing out other stuff though.

Blog Entries

The point is, his behavior seems more tied to his relationship with the main female, than the "third wheel" male. With Misty, and Iris...they were "experienced" so Ash has to play the immature, bone-headed idiot.
    Misty was not experienced but she was experienced in a way, did you see her win record and team? She may have been the gym leader but was pretty average as trainer.

Given May and Dawn's status as "newbies" Ash played his mentor/more serious role. So, in your logic, May could be blammed for Ash taking up the serious role..just as Iris could be blammed for Ash having a role-reversal. No idea why you're randomly pointing out other stuff.
    Honestly, what the hell? I know it's frustrating to see Ash act like this for a lot of people, but trying to blame Iris for this is crazy, dude. Iris has nothing to do with this, Cilan's an expert too and much more skilled than Brock was. The whole point of the show is to advertise the games. What childish moments in BW of Ash have bothered you so much? Virbank Gym, deal? Ash had no control over that. Or was it him losing the Tag Battle and Cilan winning? I wanna know what specifically so I can understand how it connects back to Iris. Because it seems more like BW's writing style which is clearly more light-hearted and adventurous and how a little kid would act in a show about his pet monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Honestly, what the hell? I know it's frustrating to see Ash act like this for a lot of people, but trying to blame Iris for this is crazy, dude. Iris has nothing to do with this, Cilan's an expert too and much more skilled than Brock was. The whole point of the show is to advertise the games. What childish moments in BW of Ash have bothered you so much? Virbank Gym, deal? Ash had no control over that. Or was it him losing the Tag Battle and Cilan winning? I wanna know what specifically so I can understand how it connects back to Iris.
    It connects back to the writing, sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. Hence, why in my last post I said their "positions". With May the writers were free to, move Ash to the next step, so to speak and have him be a mentor. Since the writers seemed to want go back to the "basics" in BW, and there was no "new starting trainer"...Ash was the one relegated to that position given the new girl wasn't just starting. As was the case with Misty.

Blog Entries

It connects back to the writing, sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. Hence, why in my last post I said their "positions". With May the writers were free to, move Ash to the next step, so to speak and have him be a mentor. Since the writers seemed to want go back to the "basics" in BW, and there was no "new starting trainer"...Ash was the one relegated to that position given the new girl wasn't just starting. As was the case with Misty.
    I'm still waiting for the explanations on these childish moment that Ash has had that were spawned by Iris. Which moments specifically? Again, how do you come to the conclusion that it's solely Iris rather then...ya know a more feasible theory like the show's advertisement and Ash's personality being the typical shounen "love, friendship" bs? Remember him catching Pidove and throwing a Pokeball without weakening it? That was an ad moment to explain to the audience how to catch a Pokemon. However Dawn knew damn well not to toss a Pokeball at a Pokemon without weakening it first, it's advertising being stronger in BW.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 28th December 2012 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I'm still waiting for the explanations on these childish moment that Ash has had that were spawned by Iris. Which moments specifically? Again, how do you come to the conclusion that it's solely Iris rather then...ya know a more feasible theory like the show's advertisement and Ash's personality being the typical shounen "love, friendship" bs?
    You don't seem to understand what I mean by positions. In AG, Ash was the mature one because, May was a novice. Again, it ties back the roles the writers put them in. Their presence dictates largely to what the dynamics in the group will be. With "experienced" female companions he's written to be more of an oaf. With the ones that are less so, he's more serious. There is a notable difference.

Blog Entries

You don't seem to understand what I mean by positions. In AG, Ash was the mature one because, May was a novice. Again, it ties back the roles the writers put them in. Their presence dictates largely to what the dynamics in the group will be. With "experienced" female companions he's written to be more of an oaf. With the ones that are less so, he's more serious. There is a notable difference.
    Okay, I understand what you're saying.

EDIT:Holy shit what is this thread?
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 28th December 2012 at 02:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

wow good to see we're talking about unpopular opinions since this is the unpopular opinions thread and not the 'is ash directly affected by his female companions' thread (which wow i think might actually make for another topic????????)

As for unpopular opinions, I think that it was really ridiculous that Ash's pikachu was revealed to be a boy and NO I DON'T THINK IT WAS OBVIOUS BY THE GENDERED CLOTHING HE WAS CONSTANTLY BEING GARBED IN GOD PIPLUP WORE A CHEERLEADING OUTFIT OUT OF HIS OWN DAMN WILL DON'T TELL ME ABOUT GENDER ROLES *heaveheaveheave*

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

-I think Trip has better eyes than Paul.

- I'm glad Pignite didn't have a gazillion episodes about his traumas, depressions, and mood swings with his abusive boyfriend.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 28th December 2012 at 03:14 AM.

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Charizard isn't enjoyable and should never have come back for its high-profile matches.

Here is my opinion which I am assuming is going to be ultimate unpopular death threat level hated.

I believe Iris will ultimatly become regional champion. If Axew evolves she'd have some OP monster pokemon plus she is champ in bw 2 it would make sense.

Secondly if they ever do a storyline involving black city/white forest I can see her getting a shiny gible in the show.

Sorry if this upsets ppl its just totally a route I can see happening.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Difference between Kanto and Unova though is that Ash was rookie back than just starting out, so his immature behavior and pure ignorance was pretty much justified. He was in process of learning with Misty and Brock as more experienced trainers at that point teaching him about basics, helping him to improve as trainer and guide to right direction.

On other hand in BW there is no excuse for regression being nothing more than epitome of lazy writing. In fact there is no reason why they couldn't maintain character level of maturity same regardless of traveling with rookies or more knowledgeable trainers in cast.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

If you want to talk about BW resetting Ash, there's a thread waiting for you to come visit.

Also, whoop-dee-doo, another DP opinion from me. I really didn't care for Counter-Shield. It was a little overused and sort of dull compared to the other combination moves in DP. I really loved the other combos, so I'm a little surprised that Counter-Shield gets more attention.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

I think pokemon who refuse to evolve are one of the worst plot devices in the anime, one of the best things about pokemon is the evolution, in the anime pokemon like Pikachu or Piplup makes this look like something bad.

Also the anime goes nowhere and becomes really boring since hoenn.

Blog Entries

I wish they'd acknowledge a Pokemon's gender when it's known. Like Ash, Cilan and Iris know Snivy's a girl... so why are they constantly calling Snivy "it"?

Also, I think Cilan's culinary comparisons are kinda dumb (if funny).

And Team Rocket trio escaping on jet packs has basically become the new "We're blasting off again!". It was cool the first few times, now it's getting boring.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast