Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 20
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 681

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

  1. #286
    Infractions Suck Water-noctowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    I think that ash needs to harder on his pokemon. Have you ever wondered why he can't win with a type advantage. Also they need to stop resetting ash it's not fair to loyal fans to do so. They drive away the loyal just to get people that will watch for a little while then get bored.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

  2. #287
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    I actually didn't like Ash's DP team in the early Sinnoh era. When Ash only had Turtwig, Aipom and Staravia for like the first 50 eps of DP, I was bored out of my mind. I thought it was the most boring team in the series. It wasn't until Buizel, Chimchar, and Gligar joined, and then when Turtwig started going through development that I began to like it.

    On an opposite note, I actually liked Dawn's team more in the early DP era before we realized Piplup/Buneary would never evolve and when Ambipom was still there. It seems like the writers actually had potential for Dawn's team back then, almost as if she was going to capture a lot of pokemon, but then they suddenly stopped. Cyndaquil/Togekiss were just thrown in there as last minute pokemon just to fill up her team and then her first 3 pokemon remained stagnant for the rest of the series.

  3. #288
    Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    186

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Here's another unpopular, probably my biggest one. *Prepares to dodge tomatoes*

    -I don't give a care about how Ash acts in BW at the end of the day, Ash is still Ash. He trained Tepig and Oshawott hard after losing in the second gym. In the third gym he used Leavanny's Leaf Storm and Sewaddle String Shot to his advantage, in the fourth gym he used Thunderbolt to make a smoke tunnel to trick Tynamo, in the fifth gym it was spinning Water Gun. BW's writing might not be award winning, but I'm unphased by Ash's behavior in BW literally I'm completely unphased. If anything Sinnoh brainwashed people and now they feel "betrayed"(Yes, the writers betrayed you even though you most certainly are not the target audience.) because BW dared to do things differently. I'm not having a heart attack because he lost to Trip, do you want him to steamroll every opponent he comes into contact with? I just think people need to take a step back and realize this show for what it is, a marketing tool. Pokemon Anime does its job, it makes you buy toys and video games. Money comes first over anything.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 25th December 2012 at 04:07 PM.

  4. #289
    Power of Thunder Jolty94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dewford Town, Hoenn
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I'm not having a heart attack because he lost to Trip, do you want him to steamroll every opponent he comes into contact with? I just think people need to take a step back and realize this show for what it is, a marketing tool. Pokemon Anime does its job, it makes you buy toys and video games. Money comes first over anything.
    I can agree that money comes first over everything and such and all of that, completely agree, it's a selling tool.
    I'm not having a heart attack because he lost to Trip, it just would have made more LOGICAL sense if somehow (at least one episode or another), he overcame Trip, which will then put all his hard work in the past into perspective for us fans, and even some peoples Dignity (that somehow holds onto Ash). At one point during DP, I began to dislike Ash because of the fillers (that were so dry), but in the end, I've followed the guy in the series since I was a young man. So what I'm really saying is; they can do so much more with Ash's character, but it's like they're afraid to explore different things, aside from how different they did things for BW in general.
    N is finished yet.

  5. #290
    W.A.L.I.A. Pokemon World! Nova Got Jinxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In a Pokemon World! PO-KE-MON!
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Tracey beats all!
    Johto fillers aren't half bad!

  6. #291
    pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,729
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    In any case unlike most in here i actually like Iris. Admittedly im not satisfied with way her development flows which could be executed better, but im enjoying in her wild, hyperactive personality playing of well with Ash and Cilan. Her inclusion brought much needed breath of fresh air after overused concept of contests we have been delivered for last 8 years and i thought it was interesting for a change to see female trainer in cast again trying to accomplish something else other than collecting ribbons. Whole goal of becoming dragon master seemed like enjoyable enough idea and backstory of being outcast in some big town having problems to socialize with others was new, unexplored territory through which you can flesh out someone more.

    Also not sure how much this opinion is unpopular, but i would like to see Ash, Misty and Brock reunited as group for one last timer.

    They had excellent dynamic between themselves not seeming forced or shallow. Chemistry between them contained sharp and witty humor, lot of banter and tension as well understanding between themselves standing up for each other with friendship with time becoming stronger.
    I would be intrigued to see Ash old traveling companions joining him on last ride being refreshing for change to see restore of friendship between well known friends since they know themselves for a long time already passing phase of introduction and formality, which could allow for build up on their relation taking it forward now that they're more mature and experienced.
    Way i see it having them reunited for one last adventure would be nice way to wrap up long lasting show like pokemon ending it with those who started everything. It would nicely have things come full circle providing better finality and huge boost in ratings too with demand for first cast seeing light of day together again being massive.
    This would also provide opportunity to see writers tying up some loose ends going for them being given some character development and provide better finality.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I disagree. I've been on Serebii regularly since 2004 and the opinions there aren't THAT much different than they are here. Its always been obvious no matter what forum you're on that certain characters or Pokemon are popular, mainly because of good writing.
    They are actually very different. On serebii Iris is well liked, so is Misty with most polls and threads being on pro side toward her return. While on bulbagarden fandom more leans toward dislike.

  7. #292
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Hmm this is extremely unpopular and I've been flamed for it before but I think Bulbasaur needs to get over himself and evolve already.

  8. #293
    Registered User Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    975
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Only if it stops at Ivysaur.

  9. #294
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    BW's writing might not be award winning, but I'm unphased by Ash's behavior in BW literally I'm completely unphased. If anything Sinnoh brainwashed people and now they feel "betrayed"(Yes, the writers betrayed you even though you most certainly are not the target audience.) because BW dared to do things differently.
    Just because something "dared to try and be different", doesn't mean it should be commended. DP so-called "brain-washed" people, because it showed that even in Pokemon, the writing can be decent.

    As for the topic, I liked Max. He was a fun guy, even if he was a little annoying in the beginning.
    Last edited by Masurao; 28th December 2012 at 12:59 AM.

  10. #295
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Just because something "dared to try and be different", doesn't mean it should be commended. DP so-called "brain-washed" people, because it showed that even in Pokemon, the writing can be decent.
    Agreed. Even when I was watching DP for the first time I was absolutely shocked that the writers were actually keeping up a narrative through the entire saga. The episodes actually got more violent with Pokehunter J and Galactic, and since the battles were the most intense, they actually seemed more action packed than other sagas. I don't think most of us would have actually followed DP for those 4 years as closely if it wasn't due to what the writers did well that gen. Most of it was curiosity to see how DP would end too.

    Granted DP also had some terrible characters and dull group dynamics, but at least what it did well, it REALLY did well.

  11. #296
    Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    186

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Just because something "dared to try and be different", doesn't mean it should be commended. DP so-called "brain-washed" people, because it showed that even in Pokemon, the writing can be decent.
    In BW Ash acts like a kid and has a personality, so does Pikachu to an extent. In DP everyone where trying to act like adults which was one of my problems with that season. The gym battles near the end sucked also.

    Ash used his Grotle against a Sneasel and defeated it with 1-2 attack(s). Gliscor was knocked out by a Razor Leaf and Icy Wind from Snover...Chimchar got two wins and starred in the gym and Medicham VS. Staraptor was bland and the whole gym was basically nothing but Ash attacking and attacking head-on with little strategy outside of the Chimchar final battle. You think that's an ideal gym battle?

    Again, in the 8th gym. Ash didn't use any strategy at all, all he did was attack and attack with Pikachu's Iron Tail and Infernape KOed Luxray with Blaze and one-shotted Jolteon. Same thing with Byron, there was no strategy outside of the Sand-Attack part of the battle. Everything else was just Ash attacking head-on and head-on, so I fail to see how DP's gyms were amazing. After Fantina, who imo takes the award for one of the best gyms ever, things went down hill. Doesn't help that DP became the Chimchar Show development wise for Ash's Pokemon. At least the last three BW gyms had good animation, despite how cheap Skyla's was for Ash in the Tranquill department.

    I'm not surprised everyone sees DP as the paragon of amazing writing. Dawn never ended up beating her main rival and the only characters who had any sort of development were Dawn and Paul. My problem with Dawn's personality is she became Ash 2.0 near the middle of DP. It was so boring later on in DP. At least Iris and Cilan have some form of uniqueness in their personalities. The writers could of did a lot more for her character in that regard. That being said, I'm perfectly okay with DP, but it isn't the end-all be-all in my eyes. It was a fun Pokemon series but not God's greatest gift.


    As for the topic, I liked Max. He was a fun guy, even if he was a little annoying in the beginning.
    Yeah, Max is definitely one of my favorite anime characters not just in Pokemon but period. I thought he was pretty cute and added a very unique dynamic to the AG quartet, he made a much better fourth member than Bianca or Barry imo. Not to mention you can really see him growing closer to Ash and softening up to him overtime, subtle development.

  12. #297
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    I'm not surprised everyone sees DP as the paragon of amazing writing. Dawn never ended up beating her main rival and the only characters who had any sort of development were Dawn and Paul. I'm perfectly okay with DP, but it isn't the end-all be-all in my eyes.
    Most people don't really care that Dawn never beat Zoey though, it wasn't that kind of rivalry where you had to see the main character win. Zoey was just a mentor like character anyway.

  13. #298
    Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    186

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I'm not surprised everyone sees DP as the paragon of amazing writing. Dawn never ended up beating her main rival and the only characters who had any sort of development were Dawn and Paul. I'm perfectly okay with DP, but it isn't the end-all be-all in my eyes.
    Most people don't really care that Dawn never beat Zoey though, it wasn't that kind of rivalry where you had to see the main character win. Zoey was just a mentor like character anyway.
    Actually, I lurked the forums back then and most people were raging because it felt like a waste because Dawn never even surpassed her rival and everyone was trying to make Zoey out to be a Mary-Sue because she beat Ash, Jessie, Dawn and Nando and only ever lost to May's best Contest Pokemon, Beautifly. She got dragged through filth because she had to "teach" someone a lesson every time she appeared and everything she did was supposedly "made out as right" despite the fact she at least had some dimensions to her personality compared to other rivals.

  14. #299
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    In BW Ash acts like a kid and has a personality, so does Pikachu to an extent. In DP everyone where trying to be act like adults which was one of my problems with that season.
    I think most people (including myself) found him reverting to a "childish" personality jarring, given that the previous season had him more serious/mature. It seemed like they warped his personality, all for the sake of his dynamic with Iris. Since how he acts does seem to heavily revolve around his dynamic with the main female. It came across as unnecessary. AG had a very good balance in terms of Ash's character.

  15. #300
    Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    186

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    I think most people (including myself) found him reverting to a "childish" personality jarring, given that the previous season had him more serious/mature. It seemed like they warped his personality, all for the sake of his dynamic with Iris. Since how he acts does seem to heavily revolve around his dynamic with the main female. it came across as unnecessary.
    This is why we have an unpopular opinion thread. :P

    Wait a second, are you really blaming Ash's personality and battling style in BW on the sole existence of Iris?

    BW characters have more comedic and childish personalities, like Cilan, Georgia, Burgundy, Iris, and many others.

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •