Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 2

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Add Chiss on Facebook

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

I think that AG was the strongest series, with Best wishes at a close second.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

The Sommelier profession is a joke. I really like Dent and Cabernet as characters, but I can't take anything they say seriously, even when it's meant to be.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The only unpopular opinion I have is that the anime determines which Pokemon character (both human or Pokemon) will appear in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. title based on his/her popularity from Japan. A lot of veteran and non-veteran users who are smarter than me disagree with this idea, which is why it's unpopular and feel ashamed for thinking of it.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

Well I never really liked May's rivals. Drew, from his character design to his stupid shipping episodes with May bored me to tears, and Harley, while better, never really came together as a believable rival.

While I agree that taking away some of the original score can leave some scenes really flat, I actually find myself enjoying some of the Rival Destinies dub background music.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

-Pikachu losing to "weak" Pokemon at the start of each new region. "Its power is drained at the start of each new region," it's equally if not worse writing for Pikachu to be plowing through the opposition like butter unless it's a plot point. The same could be said of Ash as well.

-DP isn't nearly as awesome as everyone makes it out to be. There were terrible episodes like Faced With Steelix Determination!, Teaching the Student Teacher!, and Up Close And Personable!.

-Team Rocket not appearing every episode is good, it forces the writers to be somewhat less lazy with plot ideas and antagonist outside of the usual TR.

-Pokemon Hunter J was more interesting than Team Galactic ever were.

-Dawn's team was very stale and the latter members were underdeveloped and seem like last minute additions for marketing purposes. Cyndaquil(HGSS), Togekiss and Mamoswine(Platinum).

-Iris' Dragonite is a fantastic addition to Iris' team, it gives her another Dragon to use, we see her struggling and working with it, and it moves her one step closer to the "Understanding the hearts of Dragons/attuning to Dragons' hearts" part of her goal, while Axew is the "Raise their power to maximum" part.

-Cilan's team is stale, mainly due to none of them having storylines/plot-points and active personalities, except maybe Pansage.

-I never saw Piplup as something to be hated upon constantly, more so comedy relief.

-Trip isn't nearly as terrible as people make him out to be.

-James' Growlie was more compelling than most of TR's Pokemon and I would have liked to see him return for BW2 advertising purposes.

-The reserves manage to be more entertaining and compelling Pokemon than the main group a lot of the times for me. For example, Krookodile is vastly more interesting and fun a Pokemon than Snivy or Scraggy with far more action-packed battles.

-Tepig was an awesome Pokemon, despite being criticized often for being personality-less and boring.

-Outrage was good, I like how it seemed like Axew had a shot of adrenaline and a "fight-or-flight" type situations with Golett.

-I never quite understood what made Cilan's Stunfisk so amazing to everyone. :

-Togekiss was a great addition to Dawn's team, mainly because of her personality as well as her potential to have been a very interesting battler. She livened up Dawn's very plain team since Buneary had 3-moveslot syndrome, Pachirisu never used Super Fang after learning it really, Piplup was for marketing, Mamoswine's potential was underused, Cyndaquil was powered up too quickly and never battled at all outside of two contest and two practice battles.

-Gible's Draco Meteor gag was awfully overused at times.

-May was more interesting than Dawn.

-Drew and Harley were better than all of Dawn's rivals.

-Nando had the potential to be a very good rival, but suffered from lack of appearances. He was something new and fresh.

-Ursula was made out to be too Harley-ish.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My opinion on Dawn changed drastically, moreso than any other main character in the series.

There were times I really liked Dawn, times I found her to be a little bit stale, times I got bored of her, and then times I thought she was awesome again. Dawn is that one character you can never have a firm opinion on, she can either be really awesome or really bland, and I think its with her that people had more trouble holding a concrete opinion on.

Seriously, even to this day I'm not sure where Dawn ranks on my preferred characters list. There are obviously things she got to do that no other main girl got to do, but then there are other things I feel were a bit too boring like her general character interaction.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I think Johto has been the most enjoyable series. And I think that most of the movies are not handled well and are actually pretty bad and boring (I don't really know where other people stand on that but I'm assuming my opinion is fairly unpopular.)

OSHAWHAT?

- We've gotta see Ash's grandparents... 'Cause... they're his grandparents.

- I wish Ash still had his 4Kids voice... from mid-Kanto. Actually, probably from the 30s or so, episode-wise. Many people don't acknowledge that Ash's 4Kids voice wasn't always the same...

- Still not a fan of May getting Munchlax with a PokeBall with the same gag where the capture failed with that Whiscash and a Master Ball. Fishing Master Sullivan threw a Master Ball at Whiscash and it ate it and didn't get captured. I thought it was great. Then later May threw a PokeBall at Munchlax and it ate it. It still got captured inside the ball. Even for a gag, I don't like that both of those things happened- I would've preferred one- especially if that one was the first one.

- The Lucario movie was... decent, at least. Or solid, or something. It was nice, but I didn't think it was mind-blowingly awesome...

- I haven't confirmed this is an unpopular opinion, but I have the feeling it would be. I'm not a fan of the last Johto episode, "Hoenn Alone", ending with a cliffhanger. In general I wish that, if they're gonna keep on keeping Ash, that they give each series a better closure. Not one that goes as far as to give a "don't watch anything afterwards" kind of feel, but one where one could quit watching after the end of the series (the original, AG, etc.) and feel... pretty satisfied, but if they kept watching it wouldn't feel awkward either.

- I'm glad they said Ash's age in BW!. Not saying it's the number I prefer, but hey... =/

- The non-game based Japanese background music needs more love... and not just the sad piece "After the Tears, the Weather Clears."
    Seasons =/= Regions

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    -Pikachu losing to "weak" Pokemon at the start of each new region. "Its power is drained at the start of each new region," it's equally if not worse writing for Pikachu to be plowing through the opposition like butter unless it's a plot point. The same could be said of Ash as well.

-DP isn't nearly as awesome as everyone makes it out to be. There were terrible episodes like Faced With Steelix Determination!, Teaching the Student Teacher!, and Up Close And Personable!.

-Team Rocket not appearing every episode is good, it forces the writers to be somewhat less lazy with plot ideas and antagonist outside of the usual TR.

-Pokemon Hunter J was more interesting than Team Galactic ever were.

-Dawn's team was very stale and the latter members were underdeveloped and seem like last minute additions for marketing purposes. Cyndaquil(HGSS), Togekiss and Mamoswine(Platinum).

-Iris' Dragonite is a fantastic addition to Iris' team, it gives her another Dragon to use, we see her struggling and working with it, and it moves her one step closer to the "Understanding the hearts of Dragons/attuning to Dragons' hearts" part of her goal, while Axew is the "Raise their power to maximum" part.

-Cilan's team is stale, mainly due to none of them having storylines/plot-points and active personalities, except maybe Pansage.

-I never saw Piplup as something to be hated upon constantly, more so comedy relief.

-Trip isn't nearly as terrible as people make him out to be.

-James' Growlie was more compelling than most of TR's Pokemon and I would have liked to see him return for BW2 advertising purposes.

-The reserves manage to be more entertaining and compelling Pokemon than the main group a lot of the times for me. For example, Krookodile is vastly more interesting and fun a Pokemon than Snivy or Scraggy with far more action-packed battles.

-Tepig was an awesome Pokemon, despite being criticized often for being personality-less and boring.

-Outrage was good, I like how it seemed like Axew had a shot of adrenaline and a "fight-or-flight" type situations with Golett.

-I never quite understood what made Cilan's Stunfisk so amazing to everyone. :

-Togekiss was a great addition to Dawn's team, mainly because of her personality as well as her potential to have been a very interesting battler. She livened up Dawn's very plain team since Buneary had 3-moveslot syndrome, Pachirisu never used Super Fang after learning it really, Piplup was for marketing, Mamoswine's potential was underused, Cyndaquil was powered up too quickly and never battled at all outside of two contest and two practice battles.

-Gible's Draco Meteor gag was awfully overused at times.

-May was more interesting than Dawn.

-Drew and Harley were better than all of Dawn's rivals.

-Nando had the potential to be a very good rival, but suffered from lack of appearances. He was something new and fresh.

-Ursula was made out to be too Harley-ish.
    wow when they said unpopular opinions i never imagine seeing one i agree 100%
    Rex Kamex likes this.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Iris is better than Misty, May and Dawn combined.

Brock never should have been brought after Kanto.

A lot of the early episodes are terrible, while Advance is quite underrated.

Gary was never an interesting character.

J lives.

i love iris.

i cannot comprehend the hatred i see towards her here.

she's the only female ash friend i have ever been able to relate to in my life. she doesn't care about her hair style, fashion, anything like that. she's a total tomboy, wild and free. she doesn't wear tiny booty shorts or the shortest skirts possible. she takes no crap. i know she is inconsistent with her handling of axew and her dragon master goal, but overall, i think she's quite unique; i love her. like i said, i've never ever related to the female companion in my life until her. i feel so alone in this! but as a not very stereotypically girly female i often have felt alone and strange for not caring about what every other girl seemed to care about while i was growing up.

i've got many other unpopular opinions but i am afraid i'd be utterly hanged so i will stick to iris.
    Last edited by sunyshore; 9th October 2012 at 11:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Misty is way too overrated and I dislike her

Dawn was pretty much the best female companion

Am I the only one who got tired of Brock during DP?

Piplup was so cute and epic

Cilan is NOT overrated - he's the best

They should've done more with Gary

Am I the only one who disliked Cynthia's return? I keep getting this feeling that she's going to steal Alder's spotlight some day, just like how Lance stole Steven/Wallace's role in the Magma vs Aqua arc.

Serious TR is much fun to watch than TR as a comedy

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    i love iris.

i cannot comprehend the hatred i see towards her here.

she's the only female ash friend i have ever been able to relate to in my life. she doesn't care about her hair style, fashion, anything like that. she's a total tomboy, wild and free. she doesn't wear tiny booty shorts or the shortest skirts possible. she takes no crap. i know she is inconsistent with her handling of axew and her dragon master goal, but overall, i think she's quite unique; i love her. like i said, i've never ever related to the female companion in my life until her. i feel so alone in this! but as a not very stereotypically girly female i often have felt alone and strange for not caring about what every other girl seemed to care about while i was growing up.

i've got many other unpopular opinions but i am afraid i'd be utterly hanged so i will stick to iris.
    I think the concept of Iris is a sound idea, people were actually quite excited about her when BW first started. The execution since then has been a bit unfortunate.

My opinion on Iris is mixed because I can understand the potential of the character and how she is unique compared to the past girls, but at the same time I feel like her character is being squandered and is going to wind up forgettable. Probably doesn't help matters that Iris is likely going to have the shortest run for a female protagonist in the series, especially if Gen 6 does begin next year like speculated.

Getting REALLY sick of Cynthia in-game and in the anime.

I don't like Cilan.

I like the TRio silly AND serious. ^^

I stopped watching, because it was the same thing over and over again. It's obvious it's a "kid-friendly" anime, and that just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM