Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 17

Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

-I hope Cilan stays for the next series, however I hope they drop the Connoisseur goal due to them not being very popular outside of Unova or at least tone down his Connoisseur goal because the whole job is shitty and a very vague raison d'etre that has lead no where in all of BW. It's not nearly as bad as Misty's "Best Water Pokemon Master" goal(?) or Brock's Pokemon Breeder goal. We don't have a clue what exactly a Connoisseur does or has to do to take the next step toward being at a higher level. I loved to see Cilan doing Contest next series, but that seems more like wishful thinking given Contest probably ain't gonna be in the next gen's games. I mainly want Cilan to stay because we don't need a Brock 4.0 with a hollow goal. Cilan is entertaining at times when they don't overdue it and actually make him entertaining, like when battling the Subway Bosses or when he got pissed at Ash and Iris for vine swinging over his pot.

-I really really hope the writers do something with Cilan's team in terms of personality, because Stunfisk, despite being loved for his derpy design is the most boring piece of shit since Goldeen. Though I love the fact it can "fly~" as well as a few of its battles, like the Swanna and Larvesta battles. Crustle is equally as terrible if not worse due to the fact it ploys through just about everything with "Shell Smash + Attack" and takes wins away from Stunfisk and a few other Pokemon in the series, I really wish he would have just stayed a Dwebble because that sheepish, meek personality of a lil' guy standing up to a bully was pretty cute, like battling the other Dwebble or Gurdurr or accidentally popping the gangs' ball while playing. Pansage is just a walking Cilan clone.

-I hope Burgundy is axed after BW along with Bianca and Trip. Though she's awesome when she's with Georgia, those two should travel together XD

-Harley and Drew are the best rivals in this show.

-I actually thought Zoey was decent, bland but decent at least she showed some more dimensions to her personality compared to Paul's 3-4 facial expressions throughout the whole DP series. Not to mention her GF battle against Dawn and mostly all her Contest are very good. We don't need rivals constantly being at each other's throats, friendly rivals are okay and I mean not Bianca-ish ones.

-Ursula was worse than Zoey, Nando was better than Ursula. Ursula was too Harley-ish for my taste, the antagonism was entertaining.

-Cilan's Pansage should evolve since it evolved in BW2 and Axew, Snivy, Oshawott, Scraggy, and Emolga seem to have been taken hostage by merchandising. I mean please, come on, it's not a coincidence that Axew in distress episode involved all those Pokemon and then this Pokemon merch hit the shelves recently.

-"Plush duo" aren't as amazing as everyone makes em' out to be, I love Oshawott though. However Leavanny is easily much stronger than that stagnating mess Snivy and has had some good battles at least however Snivy gets a pass because she has "personality". :P

-Krookodile is a much much better Pokemon than any of the starters or Scraggy, the prejudice against "reserves" is ridiculous.

-I liked Ash's Corphish, it was a freakin' beast and had personality and cool win-record.

-Brock's Ludicolo was better than Mudkip it was handled well and had a much better personality.

-The otter doesn't need to evolve, I'm perfectly fine with a Piplup 2.0 though I'd love to see him evolve.

-Pignite doesn't need to evolve, I'm sick of Emboar and its family, Bianca has pretty much scarred my image of it.

-Snivy should be the one to reach her final form, since its been the least displayed and seems like it could be cute and add some personality to Snivy and get her outta of her rut. Hopefully when her old trainer finally shows up, I'm thinking it's N or someone connected to TP since he protected her and Axew from a Shadow Ball.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 19th December 2012 at 11:25 PM.
    HumanDawn likes this.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I don't care about what place Ash finishes the league in at all.
    YamiiDenryuu, Don, Yato and 3 others like this.

Although not my most favorite, I actually don't mind the D/P rap opening that much. XD
    Winterdaze likes this.
    "It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an overreactive imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies." -Jessie, The Heartbreak of Brock

The only problem I have is that it took too long for Team Rocket to seem like a major threat. For too long has Team Rocket (mainly Jesse, James and Meowth) been "comic relief", but not very good, really. At first, I thought they were funny, but over time, I got over them, and just wished they would disappear, forever. Now, they're smarter, and more deadly. However, it's too late, I have lost interest in anything they do.
    Water-noctowl likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Jammy2A on Facebook

I hate the connoisseur thingy... every time Cilian opens his mouth I want to stick his stunfisk in there! Seriously: "Oh what a delicious flavor!", "Oh, what remarkable spice!" JUST SHUT UP !!!!! Misty didn't use water-related words every other sentence, Dawn didn't use fashion-analogies/allegories 70 times per episode, so seriously what the hell? Did he get traumatised in a kitchen when he was young thats his way of getting over it?

Other than that, paradoxically, I do like Cilian when he doesnt mention any food-related word :) I like his battling, design and pokémon
    SammyW27 and Bubble Frog like this.

Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    The writing was at its all time best in DP

Pikachu needs to step off and let somepoke else have the spotlight more often

The First Movie is the Worst Movie

Ash is one the worst protagonist in all of anime, if not ever, and is surrounded by pokemon, comapions, rivals, allies and enemies more interesting and likable than him
    What he said. Also pokemon is too focused on love. Can someone explain why pikachu won't evolve it is impractical for it not to. Also speaking of Pikachu I wish the writers would make ash use that over powered rat less.
    Yankees4life likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I actually don't have a problem with Tobias. I remember a lot of people didn't like how Ash lost to a trainer who used legendary Pokemon, but that never bothered me. I think it helped that he was foreshadowed well before the battle, so it wasn't like he pulled out a Darkrai when he battled against Ash for the first time. The only thing that really bothered me about that match was how anticlimactic it was to defeat Darkrai was after all that buildup. Pikachu vs. Latios was a much better battle and allowed Ash to go down in a blaze of glory and for a one episode battle, I thought it was quite satisfying.

Blog Entries

The Pokémon that are depicted as being strong are more often than not given exaggerated strength and stamina that make them look like the product of poor, biased writing. I don't think that this is an unpopular opinion per se, but many fans still seem to care about "powerhouses", which I don't get.
    martianmister likes this.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I liked how most of May's contest opponents were one-shot characters, especially compared with Dawn's opponents who were mostly recurring rivals. I think the writers did a great job making each one memorable and unique.
    Hidden Mew and martianmister like this.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    I liked how most of May's contest opponents were one-shot characters, especially compared with Dawn's opponents who were mostly recurring rivals. I think the writers did a great job making each one memorable and unique.
    It's a fair point, but at the same time I would have liked to have seen a few more recurring characters in May's contests along with the awesome CoTDs

I... I actually like Pikachu, Tracey and the match vs Tobias. /shot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl42 View Post
    Although not my most favorite, I actually don't mind the D/P rap opening that much. XD
    Oh, I had completely forgot about that opening!

I might belong to a minority, but I actually really liked it. It was cool seeing how they tested out something new, and result was just fine IMO.
    Poliwhirl42 likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I noticed the sagas where Ash gets all the starters, excluding Kanto, turned out to be his worst teams of the series.

Both his Johto and Unova teams are underdeveloped. Even though the writers did try to fix the Johto team by evolving Phanpy, Cyndaquil, and making Heracross into a powerhouse.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Clian is a vastly more annoying version of brock

Iris and Clian are the most pointless charchters of the entire show with unrealistic goals

pokemon has gone down hill quickly since hoenn

Dawn is pointless and boring

not sure if there that unpopular but i think they are :)

eat

I dont' like the way they made Brock be this massive beta around girls.

Lettuce be cereal, his character design and portrayal in the first few episodes was alpha as fuck. He should've been swooning glams Ben Carbonaro style every episode.

Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM