Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 15

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

I don't like Team Rocket. I only liked the Pokemon starters except in Generation 3.
    I am Montel Williams' HealthMaster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkLord View Post
    IS IT JUST ME OR IS DENT GAY
    It's a well known fact that he's in love with Ash
    They even get a Sauna scene

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I like Iris and Kotetsu
    Got real bored in the late-DP part
    I'm actually enjoying Unova
    I like fillers, as they provide a great source of wtfuckery
    I fear the thought of Ash growing up.
    Last edited by Owain; 2nd December 2012 at 03:05 PM.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Cilan's not as amazing as everyone says. In fact, he's pretty boring and hasn't made a real impact to the show.
    TeddiUrsa and martianmister like this.

The DP saga was my least favorite saga. Horrible pacing, meh animation and art style, bland characters, Paul being a creators pet who didn't get the proper comeuppance he deserved, PIPLUP, VAs didn't fully get into their character roles yet (English wise at least. Not sure about the Japanese dub), fillers out the a**, most of which weren't even mildly entertaining, TRio was really starting to get on my nervs, was way too formulaic even for the animes standards, Brock was really starting to get old... I can go on like this all day. Let's just say I enjoyed Best Wishes more than it and leave it at that.
    My FC: 3265-5103-3870

Safari type: Water with Gyarados, Bibarel, and Poliwhirl catachable.

Looking for FS that have either Riolu, Audino, or Vulpix in them. Please PM if you have one.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

The pokemon development in BW is atrocious and the league is pathetic but other then that I'm good with it so far. Except for Gym 4 and 8. WORST GYMS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

The only reason why people call Ritchie an Ash clone is because the writers wanted you to think that they are not that much alike. For starters in addition to being calmer Ritchie is also incredibly gentle he didn't even enter a second tournament. It is a similar situation to Stuttering Craig's take on the first sonic game. According to Craig it was about platforming not running fast and the speed thing was all promotional mumbo jumbo.
    martianmister likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

-Bel is a pretty terrible rival, well not terrible since that's harsh but mediocre. I just don't understand why everyone seemingly fawns over Bel so much, in my eyes she just isn't that good at all, especially after seeing her showing in the Isshu League. Bel hasn't gotten any character development either, she hasn't changed at all or really had a significant transformation. I mean, sure she does win more battles but her battles have been pretty terrible for me thus far. Plus she relies mainly on her Emboar, take away Emboar and she's not really that good anymore. She's just too stereotypical for my taste, seriously, crying over a loss like a buffoon in a comedic fashion? Seriously? She's always been coming up with plans that work well like using Dento's silverware to lure in Chillarmy or using Chillarmy's Thunderbolt to lure away the Denchura, so it's not like she just got good at that. Plus her gags, all of them, have been terribad. I just can't find anything super amazing about her that isn't attached to her ditzy personality.

-Haruka is the best Pokegirl to grace this show, absolutely. She had the best development and really was something great for Pokemon. Her Pokemon and team reflect that very nicely. Her send off was the best with her wanting to gain her own battling style and not piggyback off Satoshi's which ultimately lead to her defeat in the Kanto Grand Festival.

-Hikari didn't really change as a character at all, aside from becoming less princess-y and learning some medicine skills that would lead to her being able to heal Manmoo. She was bland at times because it felt like her character was solely girly girl doing typical girly things

-Shuuti, Langley, and Harley are the best rivals in this show. Period.

-DP was a overly drawn out mess half the time with the fillers which were very bad.

-The Blaze plot along with the fire monkey was very engaging at first but it really falters later on.

-The DP team was bland later on, very bland. Some due to underuse(Fukamaru) some due to overuse(Goukazaru) and for the most part the constant stagnating got on my nerves badly, Buoysel learned Water Pulse only to get Ice Punch later and barely use the former. Same thing for the personality-less bird.

-Shirona is the best Champion of the show.

-The first TPCi opening for the BF season ruled and was fantastic, it felt like they weren't even trying with future opening.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Skipping through almost all of Dawn's battles in the Grand Festival was a terrible decision. It just made seeing her get to the finals when we only saw one complete battle unsatisfying, especially when I didn't think she did that well in that match against Ursula.

I care to see Ash age. I don't see much of the appeal for it when he'll still act like the same character whether he's ten or eleven.

I also don't care to see Ash win a League. I wouldn't mind it if it did happen, but I'm not waiting for the day that finally happens either. It might help that I think winning the Battle Frontier is a more impressive accomplishment than winning a League tournament, but it just isn't something I care much for either.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

- The DP intro (Season 10) is the worst dub intro in the entire series. Chris "Breeze" Barznyski (sp?) sucks and that rap intro was the worst thing to sit through.

- TPCi are worse than 4Kids was in more ways besides the VA work for the English dub. They didn't even bother to pick a decent assortment of clips for the Rival Destinies intro, and I say that because they chose to pick the infamous Meowth with three whiskers error from the JPN version and besides not correcting it, put it in an intro for a season. In other words, their music and effort in making the intro was nicer as well.

- The Johto Journeys intro is the best dub intro in the entire series. Upbeat, energetic, and nice tune.

- Advanced Challenge is the best of the AG dub intros. I liked it even more than Advanced Battle's intro, although I loved that too.

- I liked 4Kids music "blaring" around more than none at all. It sounded awesome and often fit the context well, at least better than whatever Miyazaki composed in DP. I'd rather that synthesized score than electric guitar anyday of the week.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 8th December 2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Enzap and Silverwynde like this.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I don't think "Aim for the Horn" (which isn't even what he says, by the way) was as terrible as everyone makes it out to be.

I also didn't think the Satoshi vs. Homika battle was disastrous.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I don't think "Aim for the Horn" (which isn't even what he says, by the way) was as terrible as everyone makes it out to be.

I also didn't think the Satoshi vs. Homika battle was disastrous.
    1) Yeah I didn't really mind the "Pikachu, the horn!" thing. Heck I thought it was funny but whatever.

2) Ehh I disagree on this one but I can see where you're coming from....tbh I felt that two parter episode was terribly written as a whole for several reasons. Here's my reasoning for it: a) Ash/Satoshi encounters a Koffing (you're obviously a big fan of that Pokemon from your username LOL), something he saw many times with Kojiro/James back at the beginning of Indigo and kicked its butt. b) Then to top it off, he beat James' Weezing so many times and he doesn't even recall its previous form (heck it's even in his native region of Kanto for goodness' sakes, Ash should know that by know.

The other part that really annoyed me was the fact that c) he barely managed to beat Homika/Roxie with three Pokemon against six Pokemon. XD.

And for the dub, just a nitpick from me: d) Sarah Natochenny still can't say "Pok-ay-mon" consistently: she's still saying "Pok-uh-mon," mind you this part is just a nitpick like I said, but it does annoy me that she can say it right but then can't stay consistent with it throughout the episode.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

-Chimchar was fantastic, Infernape was good. I honestly can't really care too much for Infernape, he was strong true but the lack of personality and the Blaze-hyping got on my nerves badly as well as Infernape being overdone. Especially when Ash said he would win without Blaze. Chimchar had some pretty fun personality, battles, back story, and we saw some cool strategies by him at times.(Using Drifblim's Will-O-Wisp to fuel his own Flamethrower)

-It honestly felt like the writers were falters in Gym Battles as the DP series went along, I haven't seen Candice in a while but Byron's gym wasn't as good as Fantina's and Volkner's gym was just mediocre. Crasher Wake just felt like the writers were trying to go for a twist with Ash not losing as Pokemon and it made Wake look like a pushover since Buizel and Pikachu still kept going for some reason despite all those powerful attacks that kept connecting.

-Volkner's gym was bland. Torterra getting one-hit KOed without inflicting a fart of damage on Electivire then Pikachu Iron Tail montage KOing Electivire. Infernape of course, one-Mach Punch KOing Jolteon and then proceeding to face off against Luxray and winning with Blaze, which is somewhat Deus Ex Machina-ish in itself and Infernape getting two wins, really?

-Ash has made dumbass mistakes in the past many times, using Thunderbolt on Electivire despite encountering the species and line various times as well as using Sonic Boom on Fantina's Gengar.(Though it was dodged) BW is not the only exception to the rule, I don't get why people act like it. He also used his newly evolved Glalie(Headbutt, Icy Wind, Double Team, and Ice Beam) and Grovyle(Pound, Leaf Blade, Bullet Seed, and Quick Attack) against a Hoenn league competitor using a Charizard and Quilava. It's typical Ash shenanigans and people need to accept that. There is no BW cospiracy theory by the writers to make Ash look bad.

-Ash and Paul's full battle left me somewhat cold due to Paul using a weaker team of Pokemon we mostly hadn't seen before, Aggron, Froslass, Ninjask, Drapion, Gastrodon.(Drapion was the only really really strong one) The only "Lake Acuity" Pokemon that was used was Electivire, given how ridiculous dangerous as well as bulky Paul's Ursaring, Magmortar, and Torterra were hyped in the Lake Acuity full battle I'm surprised they weren't used somewhat. Froslass, Aggron, and Ninjask were defeated with ease as well, the latter two being one-shotted by Infernape, of course.(Why?) Froslass was defeated by an Iron Tail and V-Tackle from Pikachu which wasn't too bad, but again Paul's team for the most part seemed focused on bulk and power rather than speed and power like Ash's was so it felt weird to see those glass cannons on the team. I just don't understand why more Lake Acuity Pokemon weren't included tbh since it seemed like Paul's team got downgraded.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I have supplied everyone in this thread with tomatoes so you can hurl them at me. It's me being hipsterish again.

I didn't like Sonasu that much. I mean, he was cool at first, but I grew bored of him by Battle Frontier. I can understand why people like him, but not why he has so much of it.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I have supplied everyone in this thread with tomatoes so you can hurl them at me. It's me being hipsterish again.

I didn't like Sonasu that much. I mean, he was cool at first, but I grew bored of him by Battle Frontier. I can understand why people like him, but not why he has so much of it.
    I never did understand the appeal of Sonasu/Wobbuffet that much. Sure, in-game, the female sprites of it from DP+ with lipstick, and the fact it's making a joke out of something or rather someone are hilarious, but in the anime it got old really quickly for me. Incidentally, BF is also where I began to grow weary of him.

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM