Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime? - Page 10

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I tend to prefer the newer characters over the older ones.
    May is old by now.
    I agree, but for some reason nostalgic fans don't allow us to see her as an old character for some reason. Even though she debuted 10 years ago.

Blog Entries

Depends, in some people's opinion all my views are unpopular to them. Ok here goes.

I love Misty and want her to return. I love the old trio best and will never like another group as much. I think Johto was pretty good. I tend to hate all the villains like Team Plasma/Aqua/Magma, Hunter Jay etc, and when I say 'hate' I don't mean I love to hate them, I just mean they bore me and I always skip their scenes in the anime.

I still like Ash as a character. Most fans I come across either hate him outright or tolerate him at this point. I'll admit, first I had to stomach the thought of him not aging yet (if ever), but once you realize at the end of the day it's a kids show, you become less of a critic. I find his never ending enthusiasm and never back down attitude enjoyable. After all these years of pretty much staying the same.

I really liked Dawn and Piplup. I also thought Dawn was the traveling companion that got the best and most consistent development. (Most fans I come across say it's either May or Iris.)
    Last edited by GibleKidd; 24th October 2012 at 11:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The more I look at Georgia, the more I think she's a cute, well-made character. Sure, she rages a lot, can't take a loss, and is always seemingly picking on Iris, but I think she's pretty creative in terms of character

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I think Ash is deserves to win the Unova League as much as he did DP.

And that Oshawott isn't as annoying as I say he is. He's still the most annoying thing in existence, but I usually exaggerate on what annoying little bitch he is. I actually almost (almost) like him.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

-Satoshi and Shooti facing off first in the Isshu League, no this isn't the writers admitting they "fucked up" with Shooti. This isn't the writers attempt at apologizing to the "fans," this is the Internet. We are not the target audience, they don't give a ratass about older fans. The writers are just trying out something different in my opinion, Satoshi's main rival being taken down round one was something very unexpected and interesting. Now things about what will happen are pretty up in the air regarding who Satoshi's "super match" of the league will be, a.k.a the main one of the League.

-Shooti isn't done after his defeat by Satoshi at the league, he most likely, in my opinion, will appear post league for some reason. It's hard to believe this might happen since Shinji and Shigeru were pretty much done after their league battles, but BW is known for doing unpredictable things and I really don't think he's written out of the story like everyone thinks.

-"Satoshi doesn't train his Pokemon in BW." Most of Satoshi's training is happening off-screen. BW isn't as "training" heavy as DP which ran for 192 episodes, the writers rarely in a blue moon dedicated whole episodes of training to Pokemon pre-DP. We've seen some training happening pre-episode, Dento's Maggyo and Satoshi's Kurumayu, Iris' Kibago, Doryuuzu and Mijumaru, Emonga and Kurumayu, Tsutarja, Pokabu, Zuruggu, and Pikachu. BW does most of its training off-screen, I'm pretty sure the writer's intentions aren't "Oh look, we've totally undertrained Satoshi's team!" the canon in the episodes says Satoshi has trained hard. Accepting this will help you enjoy this show more.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 28th October 2012 at 07:49 AM.
    YamiiDenryuu and MizuTaipu like this.

Blog Entries

For me,
    _I find other more neglected pokemon than Gamagaru in the BW series. Not as a whole but in a very specific part. Not showing Tsutarja (and Emonga) during Hikari's cameo. To hide that Meloetta is genderless, they only need to not Attract Meloetta.

-The abscene of Bel in the Junior Cup. That also hate me.

-Hikari needs new clothes. Specially because we'll know who she is with clothing. For information, Shirona's clothes are a variation of her original outfit (Her jacket is substituted for a shirt to evade contrast between stay in Sazanami (summer) with a jacket (winter), her trousers and shoes are the same than in DP.

-I think that the battles is better then Johto and Hoenn. In Hoenn, I don't remember any non 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 doubles apart from Gym battles and the League, like in Isshu.

-I don't like the Junior Cup for a reason: Because isn't a interaction between the main cast, the participant of the arc and the rivals. The other two tournaments have many chemistry between the characters.

-I think that the abscene of Team Plasma don't hurt Satoshi's character in any way. The Gym battles aren't that bad in Isshu and if it is, the 2-partner isn't a excuse.

-I don't mind showing older pokemon in the Pokedex. Although are exceptions like Heigani and Buoysel in the recent episode. Also, expect Ash scanning 8 times very soon.

-I find more unacceptable that Gamagaru isn't Gamageroge yet than Mijamure and Tsutarja not evolving and Pokabu evolving late and only to his second stage.

-The movesets of Satoshi's pkemon. I think that aren't that bad. I'll find a rarity when Satoshi's Pokemon is having a varied moveset. And in BW exist cases of that. And I find good moveset in BW.

-I think that Waruvial is weaker than Kairyu. And I also think that Waruvial isn't his main powerhouse in BW, Pikachu is.

-I love showing that Contest exists in Isshu. Including without any known coordinator in this particular episode and with only BW chartacter.

-I find Nozomi a well developed rival. Not all of her rivals needs to be like Harley, Urara, Shinji for that matter.

-I hate comparison of characters. Shinji and Shootie are different characters. Also, Dent and Takeshi, Hikari and Haruka and speially Kasumi and Iris and more recently, Kotetsu and Masamune.

-And I find Iris run ending in the next episode if Iris defeats Shaga in a battle. At least for me.
    Last edited by Nymphia; 28th October 2012 at 03:05 AM.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

-Tracey. A lot of things. People say he's bland but I disagree because I can see that he is an interesting character with his on quirks. The only reason he comes off as bland is because he didn't have enough time. And he shouldn't have been kicked off the main cast right after the Orange Islands. Instead he should have gone to Johto either with the other three or still in place of Brock. I would say more appearances are needed but quite a few are in favor of that now.
    -I don't like Gary at all. Even with his transition.
    -Cynthia is overused and didn't deserve all the focus she got. I wouldn't mind at all if she never appeared again.
    -Stephan's the best friendly rival Ash has ever had.
    -I love Piplup and don't like Oshawott. On the topic of Piplup, I'm so glad they didn't make him evolve and made him into a walking Pokemon.
    -The TPCi dub is superior over the 4Kids dub.
    -I like that Ash never ages but I don't like that they reset his brain in BW (latter not being an unpopular opinion)
    -Ash shouldn't bring back all his old Pokemon just to beat up new rivals. With how the writing's done they would probably be forced to lose somehow so there's no point. I like his teams getting reset with each series. I do like if he uses them as reserves for leagues though.
    -I still think the first "season" of BW is better than the majority of all the other series.
    -Paul is not the abusive monster the fans make him out to be (this one might be dated) On the subject of Paul, he's the best competitive rival Ash has had.
    -I don't care that Tobias won the league with Legends and I'm actually glad they finally broke the "legendary taboo" with him having legends.
    -Misty, although I love her, had an acceptable amount of time spent on the main cast. I don't think she needs to part of the main cast anymore.
    -Togepi did not ruin Misty's character.
    -The Club Tournaments were awesome and definitely not "a waste of time".
    -I'm not impressed by Iris' Dragonite and its "badass-ness". They overdo it and it makes it a very boring Pokemon.
    -Charizard is not Ash's best Pokemon.
    -Eeveelutions and the Riolu line are overused among important characters. Well I was okay with the Eeveelutions up until I found out about Virgil. That's just overkill now.

That's about all I can think of :D Enjoy the long wall of text.
    Adyniz and Caseydia like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I wish they'd brought Keniyan in the junior cup.

Personally, Keniyan is a really cute character who's got good battle strategies using a Sawk. He should appear more often.

I have an opinion about Masoami being kept as a league rival over Virgil. If they wanted to promote Eevee evolutions, then they could have given him one or two throughout the league.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 30th October 2012 at 03:09 PM.
    Kenji-girl likes this.

Blog Entries

The more I look at Georgia, the more I think she's a cute, well-made character. Sure, she rages a lot, can't take a loss, and is always seemingly picking on Iris, but I think she's pretty creative in terms of character
    Hmm I guess, although she reminds me of Gary Oak from Kanto really. The same childish rivalry.

-Cynthia is overused and didn't deserve all the focus she got. I wouldn't mind at all if she never appeared again.
    I totally agree.
    Yato likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the Sinnoh league was very overrated, with the only good matches being Paul and to a lesser extent Tobias. Nando and Barry battles were crap.

I also can't believe those writers teased us with the return of Glalie and Muk and we don't even get to see them battle at all.
    Last edited by Karamazov; 30th October 2012 at 04:04 PM.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I thought the Paul vs. Barry match was saved by the Hitmonlee and Ursaring portion of the fight, as was the Nando vs. Ash one's Kricketune and Heracross battle.

...I suppose that in itself could be an unpopular opinion, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I think the Sinnoh league was very overrated, with the only good matches being Paul and to a lesser extent Tobias. Nando and Barry battles were crap.

I also can't believe those writers teased us with the return of Glalie and Muk and we don't even get to see them battle at all.
    You forgot the Conway match that was really good. The Nando battle had that epic Heracross/Kricketune fight which made up for everything like ^ mentioned.

Only the Barry battle was really bad mainly due to its shitty animation (one of Shimura's worst perfomances imo. Stiff motions all the way through).

Blog Entries

Gary should have been kept around for the worf effect. He would been great for it, big shot constantly getting his groove back but losing anyway and it would provide Ash's new opponents a good way to demonstrate their power
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 06:40 AM