Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons? - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

All the retcons are due to time travel; the TRio's changing backstories, for example, were caused by Celebi's time travelling trips.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Um... Ash has suffered brain damage when Pikachu gained his electricity back from Zekrom. When Ash grabbed Pikachu, he received millions and millions of volts (from a Legendary, nonetheless) that altered his brain and reset his Trainer's progress. A sort of lobotomy, more or less.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 23rd December 2012 at 05:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Drew is really the fourth Straiton brother and he ran away from home and decided to become a coordinator to prove that he could be just as 'fabulous' as his older brothers. Kind of like with Misty and her sisters in a way.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

The first Jigglypuff that Ash had encountered in Kanto was the same one that followed him around across the rest of Kanto, Johto, etc.
    "It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an overreactive imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies." -Jessie, The Heartbreak of Brock

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Okay, I have a few Ash Headcanons that I kinda need to get out of my system:
    -Being an only child, Ash is actually pretty independent and introspective. I don't think he'd have a problem with traveling alone tbh.
    -Ash had a lot of playmates in Pallet, but Gary was his only real friend. As nice as Ash is, I think he finds it difficult to create long lasting friendships; he probably doesn't even keep up with his previous traveling partners.
    -The fact that he's accepted the reality of his "rotating travel buddy system" kinda adds to this.
    -He's definitely a Gemini
    -Ash's dad left him at a young age, but Ash never really thought about it much or felt that he was missing any male role models in his life because he was constantly with Professor Oak and Gary.
    -Ash is 4'11

"seasons change, people change"

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Ash is 4'11
    I always thought he was 4'7. That was Lucas's game height. The female character is one inch shorter, which is about the same with Satoshi and Hikari.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SatoshiKun View Post
    Ash is 4'11
    I always thought he was 4'7. That was Lucas's game height. The female character is one inch shorter, which is about the same with Satoshi and Hikari.
    IDK maybe that's more accurate since the adults in pokemon are apparently giants if you look at them comparatively to the children

I don't trust anything anymore because of height and size discrepancies XD

Ash is 4'11
    IDK maybe that's more accurate since the adults in pokemon are apparently giants if you look at them comparatively to the children

There's a thread about the game characters' ages where someone showed how they divide age groups. Children are usually 5 heads tall, teenagers 6, and adults 7. Otherwise you'd think Takeshi is a really short 15 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    All the retcons are due to time travel; the TRio's changing backstories, for example, were caused by Celebi's time travelling trips.
    Wow, that'd be awesome! :D Although after the mess that was the Arceus movie (although I actually liked it :P), I truly believe the writers shouldn't mess with time travel ever again XD

*The Kanto Pokemon League occurred a short time before Ash left Pallet Town on his journey. Thats why , despite how long it took him to get his badges , there was still a long time until the League started.

*Each region has a Pokemon League once a year but they are staggered so that they happen at different times. This holds true for Grand Festivals as well except they are at reverse times to the Pokemon League. This is why the Kanto Grand Festival could be at the Indigo Plateau without interfering with set up for the league.

*Badges can be used for the Pokemon league regardless of what year you got them in. However each set of 8 can only be used once then they are electronically tagged and cant be used again.
    This might be true for ribbons as well but it would make more sense that each year the look of the ribbon changes to force people to re-obtain their 5 ribbons. This would explain the change in the look of ribbons between Gen 3 and 4.
    ---Though it might also hold true that each region has different looking ribbons for the same reason.

*Deep down Ash wants to become a Pokemon master so much because he feels that his father might return / win the love of his father if he does. (this one is abit of a stretch)

*Unova is set in a geographically separate country to the rest of the regions but its east coast is close enough for marine and bird life to reach.

* Oak either lied about the amount of pokemon there is in the world or high competitiveness between researchers and professors in the pokemon world had previously prevented them from sharing knowledge with their rival counterparts. This practice has broken down in recent years.

*Pikachi likes the attention from Bunneary but is either too stubborn or too shy to admit it.

*My own variation to something that someone else brought up : Any sufficiently intelligent pokemon can learn to speak if taught at a young enough age or if they work hard enough. Although Meowlth shows the latter option can have adverse affects on the pokemon.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Ash is 4'11

Ash is about 4'11" here.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Blog Entries

Ash is about 4'11" here.
    Ah, yes! I think that's where I pulled that number from! Thank you~ Giovanni's a giant tho, he's like almost 7'3

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

-Dragonite has Multi-Scale.

-Dragonite has a shitty SP.ATK nature like Adamant, that's why he KOed Beartic and Mamoswine with those direct Thunder Punch and Dragon Rushes while Krokorok survived so many Flamethrowers and Ice Beams.

Quote Originally Posted by Solacen View Post

*Each region has a Pokemon League once a year but they are staggered so that they happen at different times. This holds true for Grand Festivals as well except they are at reverse times to the Pokemon League. This is why the Kanto Grand Festival could be at the Indigo Plateau without interfering with set up for the league.
    I always thought they were staggered to. After all, how could Mr. Goodshow be at four leagues at once. Also, I think Unova is in a distant nation ( their eqivallent to America).

Ash is 4'11

Ash is about 4'11" here.
    Only if you count the hat. Without it he's about 140 cm, which is about 4'7".

Also shows how the adults are giants. The Rockets are like 6'4", and Sakkaki is more like 7'4".
    Last edited by SatoshiKun; 4th January 2013 at 07:47 AM.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast