Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons? - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

NY Islander & Ash Fangirl Islander Princess's Avatar

Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

I have alot of these, haha.

• Delia DID date Giovanni at one point, but he's not Ash's father.
    • Ash's father left when he found out Delia was pregnant. I go back and forth between it being because he was an elite member of Team Rocket who knew Giovanni would come after his family so he left to protect them, or because he was just a dead beat.
    • Misty's parents are still alive. Her father is a Pokemon Researcher who takes his wife on all of his worldly excurscions. They left when Misty was a little girl and haven't been back since. They send their daughters presents and stuff, but Misty has a damaged relationship with them because she feels abandoned, which is why she never mentions them.
    • Misty was the "accident child."
    • Misty is in love with Ash, and Ash feels the same way, he just doesn't understand it and can't associate the feelings with love. He will eventually learn, though, and they'll date/get married at the end.
    • Iris has a crush on Cilan (which is why she gets annoyed with him so easily) and Cilan has one on her, but he also has unexplored feelings about Ash which confuse him.
    • May and Drew are secretly dating.
    • The only reason Harley travels with them is to try and ruin their relationship (he totally wants Drew and hates May.)
    • Dawn is the kind of girl who gets around, but will eventually realize the only person who actually loves her is Kenny.
    • Brock will be forever alone.
    • Paul was a happy child, but then his parents died (I think with something involving Team Galactic or other crime) which is why he's so angry all the time.
    • Reggie is dating Maylene, and Paul hates her.
    • Todd and Ritchie are in a relationship.
    • Daisy and Tracey are in a relationship.
    • Lily and Dorian (the guy who owns the Coastline Gym in Johto) are in a relationship.
    "I take it very personally when people criticize my game. I want to shove it right back down their throats."
    --Matt Martin

MY FANFICS: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2086119/nyislandersgirl

I Support Pokeshipping <3

Is it just me or is this turning into a shipping topic? Not that I am complaining mind you. :p

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

- Professor Oak is Ash's father.
    - Ho-Oh is always watching over Ash, and had a hand in his three revivals.
    - The wandering Jigglypuff found a group of Vigoroth in Hoenn, and has happily lived with them ever since. (If Jigglypuff ever makes a return, all the Vigoroth evolved into Slaking)
    - Ash's ability is Gluttony.
    - Sliph Co. doesn't exist in the Anime universe, and neither do any of their creations. (Which is the real reason why Sullivan's Master Ball failed to capture the giant Whiscash, it wasn't as well-designed as the game equivalent)
    - There are very few Blisseys in the show because most Chanseys aren't happy with their jobs, despite the brave faces they put on.
    - Ash was also zapped by Zekrom in the first Best Wishes episode, and it caused him to lose his memory.

Who is this git?

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Shinneth on Facebook

I always believed the Pokemon Centers across the world are government-funded organizations, which is why anyone can get their Pokemon taken care of for free without involving complicated crap like insurance into the mix, not to mention providing food and places to sleep for the trainers. But I like to believe the food they serve isn't that good. :P

Dawn obviously had some self-image issues while she was young. Of course I think she's a pretty girl, but given the evidence canon gives us whenever she fusses over her hair and especially her princess-like attitude during the beginning of DP (like sleeping in a fancy tent instead of a sleeping bag outside), I thought it was very weird that Dawn's two childhood friends were either very bland-looking (Kenny) or a bit on the ugly side (Leona). With those two by her side, Dawn looks even more incredibly gorgeous by comparison. So yeah, I like to think she had a preference for friends that were uglier than her for self-esteem support. :P

The Pokemon League conferences are the Pokemon world's Superbowl. I presume the Champion's League is sort of like an extended version of the Superbowl finals. Or maybe the generic Leagues are like college football, while the Champion's League is the professional football.

To supplement the Brandon-being-Paul's-daddy headcanon, Paul's mother is dead and has been for years due to illness, so Paul never really got to know her. I always pegged his personaltiy being that of one who did not have a lot of female influence in his life, which Reggie struggled to compensate for. XD So Paul does not understand women and is awkard around them, but he has a secret crush on Cynthia because he digs chicks with power. Especially mature chicks with power. ♥

Brandon, Palmer, and Byron are childhood buddies and were a very effective gang when they were kids. They explored the hell out of the world, and Brandon was the straight-man ringleader whom no one questioned, to balance out Palmer's goofiness and Byron being brash and out-of-control. Also, Palmer defeated Brandon to become a Frontier Brain and founded the Sinnoh BF shortly after. Brandon is still haunted by that defeat because Palmer has Homer Simpson-esque strokes of genius at the most convenient times. XD

Roark was conceived outside in a mud puddle.

Paul was not a nice little kid once upon a time. He was born a little shit and bullied kids on the playground. >:|

Ash takes after his mom, in that he has picked up her nagging habit by the time DP rolled around. As he gets older, Ash will be like a crazy-overprotective nagging mom to friends and Pokemon alike.

Trip has a Facebook page with billions of pictures he posts up every day because he is a camwhore and wants to be famous. He will be part of the Pokemon Paparazzi when he grows up. He is also a time-traveling bastard child of Paul and Barry's combined DNA. Either that or he is Paul and Barry after doing the Fusion Dance.

Trip has a Pokemon world equivalent of the Action Replay, which is how he got so many Pokemon that totally obey and work well with him in a short amount of time between the first 10 eps of BW.

If they have connections, any Gym Leader/E4 member/Champion can shirk their duties as often as they want, go where they want, and do what they want whenever they want and suffer no repercussions for slacking off at their jobs. The methods used to get these privleges may best not be said. Let's just say Cerulean Gym plays it clean, which is why Misty and her sisters don't get off scot-free for being negligent. Same with Pewter Gym, based on its most recent episode.

Holly is STILL training to be a better tag battling partner for Brock.

In order to be a true Pokemon Master, Ash eventually will have to take up Pokemon Contests one day and become a Top Coordinator. He can do this, because he is quite talented in Contests when he puts his mind to it.

I'll remember more crazy headcanon stuff when I'm not at work. XD

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-Professer Oak is not the father nor did he give Ash his Pokemon to get Ash to leave the house as evidenced by EVERY OTHER TRAINER EVER
    -Ash got his Pikachu not for his birthday but as a occasion for the pokemon festival mentioned in the first episode as evidence by the 3 other trainers
    -Gym leaders distribute starters in their home towns
    -Brawly is an acholic
    -The two Scandinavia like areas have a opposing philosphies and are among the powerful nations in the pokemon world
    There is patience and then there is sloth.

- Delia and Prof. Oak are an item. Whether Oak is Ash's dad is a whole 'nother thing. Maybe they started dating a while after Delia's husband had died/left.
    - Pyramid King Brandon is Paul and Reggie's dad.
    - The Subway Masters and Elesa are very good friends and hang out whenever they can in regards to breaks in their very busy lives.
    - Every few months, the gym leaders, the E4, and the people who run the show have important business meetings in each respective region. Like the Kanto GLs and E4 meet up in a Kanto city, etc. This makes sure stuff runs a smooth as butter and the GLs and E4 know who's who.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Is it just me or is this turning into a shipping topic? Not that I am complaining mind you. :p
    If that was the truth, this would be in the Shipper's Paradise area...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Speaking of Ash's father, my dominant head canon for that is that Ash's father is Red from the games...Oh DON'T TELL ME THAT ASH IS AN EXPY OF RED SO IT CAN'T HAPPEN. Guess what? So is Ritchie, arguably; so if more than one red expy can exist, surely another one won't hurt.

I think that he and Delia hit it off at a young age, probably becoming rivals early on and got married/had Ash during Red's championship years. She harbors no ill feelings towards him, even though he left Ash when he was still a baby to go train on top of Mount Silver. He's still there to this day, waiting for the right trainer to surpass him.

*coughGOLD*
    Fix'd.

Got a new headcanon.

* Each trainer has a nightmare that resembles a creepypasta here (ex: Ash has a nightmare of Creepy Black, Ethan of Lost Silver).

Bulbasaur and Squirtle are best buddies. Anyone remember when Squirtle said goodbye to Bulbasaur back in early Johto? It brought a tear to my eye.

NY Islander & Ash Fangirl Islander Princess's Avatar

You know, I never considered that Brandon could be Paul's father. And now that everyone is bringing it up...I could TOTALLY see it.

I also forgot to mention that I DO think the gym leaders all know each other. I think they have gym leader meetings like...once a month as mandated by the Pokemon League. To talk about strategies and revenues or whatever. They just pretend not to know each other for the cameras.
    "I take it very personally when people criticize my game. I want to shove it right back down their throats."
    --Matt Martin

MY FANFICS: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2086119/nyislandersgirl

I Support Pokeshipping <3

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I used to have this joke theory about Dawn really being a really short man, and Ash's father. And that would fit in nicely with your idea of Johanna being a man. Dawn just wanted to follow his father's footsteps...
    My theory is not a joke, though, I actually believe it to be true! D:

Speaking of Ash's father, my dominant head canon for that is that Ash's father is Red from the games...Oh DON'T TELL ME THAT ASH IS AN EXPY OF RED SO IT CAN'T HAPPEN. Guess what? So is Ritchie, arguably; so if more than one red expy can exist, surely another one won't hurt.

I think that he and Delia hit it off at a young age, probably becoming rivals early on and got married/had Ash during Red's championship years. She harbors no ill feelings towards him, even though he left Ash when he was still a baby to go train on top of Mount Silver. He's still there to this day, waiting for the right trainer to surpass him.

*coughASH*
    I had a HUGE post laid out that I don't have the heart to repeat after my computer crashed like a troll, but I had to let you know that this is why I love headcanons. I never would have thought of this and yet it fits in more perfectly for me than Giovanni or the dead beat or any other theory that I have ever heard of. I am loving this thread for that reason and I am so glad that you shared this one in particular.

*sigh* So I guess I'll just repeat one that I saved: While they are not the Striaton Brothers, the Shadow Triad are related to them. They actually started out as one being, a younger brother to the triplets who always felt on the outs and working in the shadows of his brothers. So he ran away and was found by Ghetsis during one of his earliest rallies. After conducting genetic splicing which turned the one boy into the Triad (after his brothers), Ghetsis had helped them to reach their ultimate potential, both as a person and as a bulwark for Team Plasma. It flows in with my theory that the Pokeworld geneticists have done a LOT of experimentation, both approved and hush hush, between humans and Pokemon, the latter even going as far as to meld the two together, resulting in people like the Triad. It is extremely unstable, however, and the Triad are one of the first examples of a more successful case, though their minds have taken the psychological toll of having their old identity shattered. I view them as having the DNA of an Abra (teleport and double team, perhaps) spliced with their own.

For the anime, the triplets still think about their little brother and hope he will return one day. They would never dream of him having turned into the Triad, and the Triad no longer sees itself as competition for the triplets. They seem pointless now that their minds are filled with Ghetsis's grand message. In the game, the triplets have their suspiscions. Bianca was too late to notify them, but they had been contacted by the other gym leaders. Unwilling to potentially come against their brother and his wishes, they choose to stay behind to keep the Triad's identity a secret.

I have some more theories surrounding gym leaders and elite four, but I'll edit it later once my heart mends from my message erasing. Apologies if BW2 has blown my Triad theory to pieces.
    Last edited by Colress; 10th July 2012 at 07:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by pokemypoke View Post
    I had a HUGE post laid out that I don't have the heart to repeat after my computer crashed like a troll, but I had to let you know that this is why I love headcanons. I never would have thought of this and yet it fits in more perfectly for me than Giovanni or the dead beat or any other theory that I have ever heard of. I am loving this thread for that reason and I am so glad that you shared this one in particular.
    Oh man, I was about to piss my pants; I thought you meant you agreed with me on Johanna actually being a man theory XDD

And yes, this thread is wonderful~

Apologies if BW2 has blown my Triad theory to pieces.
    Well, had you said that The Triplets = the Triad, then yes, that theory would have been blown to pieces (much to my dismay, because I had kept that headcanon for the longest time...)

I mean, I still want to think that maybe the Triplets become the Triad and are involved in some sort of time-travel-majiggy deal (Come on, the anime has used that soooo many times, it's like standard fare!) or created an alternate universe where they WERE the triad and somehow those universes got mixed together...

No...I just can't let it go X'D

"seasons change, people change"

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I still think Cilan and his brothers could be the Shadow Triad in the anime. His sinister behavior just screams "evil!"

(And isn't the flashback of the trios meeting told by one of the brothers? Seems a little suspicious.)
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Some more from me, :D

Time stopped functioning correctly in the Pokémon (anime) Universe when Ash got his Pikachu.
    Ash will never become Champion...EVER!
    Dawn is a short man
    Pokémon games exist in the Pokémon Universe, and Ash plays them during his free time.
    Nintendo exists in the anime-verse.
    Uhh...Brandon is Paul and Reggie's father.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemypoke View Post
    Oh man, I was about to piss my pants; I thought you meant you agreed with me on Johanna actually being a man theory XDD
    LOL!!!!

No, I'm afraid I'm not 100% on that one. But I do have an affinity for it. The idea of Dawn glancing through her mother's contest photos and finding a picture with a trophy for "Johannes"...I'll die from laughter. I'll be throughly impressed with the Pokemon staff, but I might burst a lung and have to sue them.

heropon very cool! Winterdaze's Avatar Forum HeadAdministrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I always imagined Johanna as a kind of "Pageant Mom", who tries to relive her glory days through her child. She doesn't realise she's inadvertently responsible for Dawn's confidence and self image issues.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast