Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons? - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 235

Thread: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

  1. #31
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    - Jindai being Shinji's dad
    - Oba and Denzi being more than friends

    Not sure if this is an headcannon or what I consider to be a missed opportunity, but Langley/Cabernet being Tsutarja's former trainer. Cabernet had a different starter, so it couldn't be but imagine they hadn't shown that Futachimaru was her stater and replaced it with a generic water type, Tsutarja being Cabernet's starter and abandoning her loss against Dent. Plus it could have set up a Yanappu/Tsutarja dynamic. Where I thought they really dropped the ball was with Langley, cause Langley and Tsutarja losing to a Dragon pokémon and Tsutarja blaming it on Langley, leaving her, causing Langley to go on a Dragon busting spree could have had potential as it would have given a lot more depth to a now very shallow Langley. There would have been an actual reason why Langley hates Dragon so much and it would have made the character more versatile, and show more sides to her. Plus, that Don Battle tournament would have had a lot more drama in it. XD

  2. #32

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Srebak View Post
    Stop me if you heard these before

    1. Ash's team did get a new Travelling companion in Johto; a talking Persian who is the opposite of TR's Meowth in almost every way
    I think... you're missing the point of "head canon" somewhat. The majority of (Acceptable.) head canon are at least somewhat plausible, while this is just plain wrong. There are other words I could use, but I'm trying to stay PG. We know Ash never had a talking Persian travelling companion in Johto. On the other hand, believing that Ash's father is [insert character name here] or Character Y likes Character Z is fine because it's a possibility.
    I was under the impression that our "head canon" was what we wished the Anime would do but ultimately didn't. This is what this Persian idea is for me, and lets face it, this whole Giovanni being Ash's father thing has been made just as impossible. If Giovanni was Ash's father, then the subject would've been brought up when they met each other in "Mewtwo Returns"

    Just seems to me that Head canons can be wrong to some people, which is why they're head canon

  3. #33

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    -The big one for me is that the Sommelier School is an asylum, and the role of the School is to keep tabs on the at-risk individuals to ensure they pose no risk to society. The "class" each sommelier has is an indication of their relative sanity. As an A-Class, Dent is classified as "Highly Unstable", while the C-Class Cabernet is regarded by the school as "Batshit Insane".

  4. #34
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,068
    Blog Entries
    797

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    I like to think Yoshihiko/Jimmy Ray?That creepy Watchog guy never left Iris. He acts as her guardian angel, following her across Unova and brushing her hair while she sleeps. (Hence why her hair looks so great in the movies.)
    Team Fairy

    Sprites from Serebii.net

  5. #35

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Srebak View Post
    I was under the impression that our "head canon" was what we wished the Anime would do but ultimately didn't.
    No, because then it would be the "What do you wish would happen in the Pokemon anime" thread.

    This is what this Persian idea is for me, and lets face it, this whole Giovanni being Ash's father thing has been made just as impossible. If Giovanni was Ash's father, then the subject would've been brought up when they met each other in "Mewtwo Returns"
    Out of all the possible theories in this fandom, Giovanni being Ash's father is far, FAR from the most impossible. You say it was made impossible because there wasn't a scene in Mewtwo Returns? If any of the following were true, however...

    -Delia never told him.
    -Giovanni doesn't remember all the women he got into bed with.
    -He's not seen his son since he was a baby.
    -He had his mind on capturing Mewtwo and didn't put two and two together when he saw Ash. (Did he ever even acknowledge his name, or hear it?)
    -He doesn't actually care about his offspring, he's evil.

    There's plenty of reasons that could explain away why there wasn't a father/son scene in MR.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

  6. #36
    All of the bara Yoshi-san's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,840
    Blog Entries
    456

    Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    another head canon I have is Jessie's father is also Jessiebelle's father, similar to @Karamazov;'s headcanon for Dawn's father.

  7. #37
    Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,168
    Blog Entries
    229

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    -Ash aged one year for every region until BW and after awhile the narrator's comment will be retconed
    -Each region pokemon league is annual but the are on different times
    -Contest shipping was true to a certain extent
    -At least for awhile Pokeshipping was true
    -Kenny has a crush on Dawn
    -Ash being pwned by E4 members does not mean they impossibly outclass him, see Paul and Brock pwning Ash
    -There exist independent minor Pokemon leagues which are small usually only operating in one city. The format for the battles is a ladder spanning around 30 people. These league entertain the people everyday it not league season. They are televised on a local level. Being a good member in these league pay a little more then a white collar job.
    -The pokemon league is run by the government
    -Kanto, Johto, Hoenn Sinnoh are all one country and Unova is not part of it.
    -The unknown villianous team which had rayquaza were stopped by the pokemon G men
    -Other Pokemon G men are no slouches some being stronger than lance they just chose not to be famous
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

  8. #38
    shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    862
    Blog Entries
    8
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    -The pokemon league is run by the government
    IIRC the Pokemon League is the Government. Or at least their form of Government.

  9. #39
    My Will Be Done! Artichoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Concepción, Chile
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    not in order -_-

    -The big one for me is that the Sommelier School is an asylum, and the role of the School is to keep tabs on the at-risk individuals to ensure they pose no risk to society. The "class" each sommelier has is an indication of their relative sanity. As an A-Class, Dent is classified as "Highly Unstable", while the C-Class Cabernet is regarded by the school as "Batshit Insane".
    the saddest thing is that all the work that a sommelier does, the pokewatch does too, and more XD

    Ash aged one year for every region until BW and after awhile the narrator's comment will be retconed
    the narrator is full of mucus D:<

    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn Sinnoh are all one country and Unova is not part of it.
    Oak said that many years ago that he visited Unova. Then the old man lied to us all these years telling us there were only 150 pokemon (even knowing the pokemon he saw there and knowing that the 150th pokemon was a secret that only TR knew) D:< ... now I understand Trip and his hatred of Kanto people XD ahhhhhhh and Ash and Gary went to the cine and saw Pokémon Pocket Monsters manga movie and Ash never NEVER wondered why Ursaring never appeared in the pokedex.. AHHHHHHHH (mind blows) ... ... ... ...

    -The unknown villianous team which had rayquaza were stopped by the pokemon G men
    Attila and Hun were there... i suposse Team Rocket? O_o

    -He doesn't actually care about his offspring, he's evil.
    he sold his childrens to buy cigarettes made ​​of Chikoritas XD.

    He also likes to sleep on May's mom's lap and is adored by Norman for being a strong Pokemon
    even if he weighs 105 kg X

    -Piplup hates young children.
    fortunately he never met trubbish Squad (although Ash is one of them... poor guy, he needs a young brother XD)

    -Emolga had a trainer who she abandoned or was abandoned by because of Volt Switch. That connects her to Snivy in a way.
    I think Emolga fled from her trainer because she/he did not fed her (in . Now she has moved to seduce men to satisfy her hunger ... o mai... really ¬¬ Atract is a very annoying and overestimate move... and repetitive.

    -Georgia was possibly hurt, or had a traumatic past with Dragon asides from getting her Pokemon's asses kicked.
    When she was young was rejected by her parents, who wanted more a dragon than to her, that's why she now invented the "Kill-Every-Dragon-And-Their-Trainer-inator"

    -I like to think Dawn's parents are divorced, or perhaps her father died when he was very young which is why Dawn never mentioned him.
    A diclonius kill him and she had to repress her memories.

    Iris doesn't have parents. She was mysteriously born with the heart of the dragons and came down from the heavens as the ultimate prodigy that will save mankind.
    she was raised by a pack of Ambipoms who taught her everything she knows now: swinging on vines, collecting food and throw poo at tourists. Besides an old and senile Torterra taught her to host living beings in her hair.

    Tracey is desperately hoping to score with the Cerulan sisters and Misty. However they make him do chores like mop the floor of Cerulean Gym or do the dishes. There is actually evidence of this in canon.
    Tracey gave an egg to Misty. Is that perhaps there is something more symbolic (and subliminal) than that?

    - Ash's father is dead, or his father is the head of a team, like Team Rocket.
    Ash's father took 4 days to reach Viridian city, may be he got lost in viridian forest and died devoured by something like a Kakuna, his pokemon could not help him because it died of laughter.

    My headcanon is that Dawn's dad is Salvia's father and royalty. Dawn is the product of an affair, and her mom got a bunch of money to keep it secret. (Hence why they have such a nice house, and why Johanna just lazes around the house all day.)
    is stupid to find someone exactly like you, and not think if her and you are related or not.

    The random plans TR do in Unova (capturing Cottonee are Audino) were done simply because they were bored and had nothing to do.
    Roggenrolla cannon sounded funny, and destructive ;D

    After DP Nando is now at the same level as Tobias and better than Zoey in contests
    Trollbias can be strong, but he will never find love... that happens when you use Action Replays! >;D buajajajaja!

    Nando is best friends with Tobias
    nah, I do not think Trollbias likes get high.

    Pikachu is in love with Misty's togetic now that it's matured and can't be considered weird
    remember, Togepi can not have eggs, but togetic.... XD


    -Misty & Tracey are best friends, but Misty likes him but won't tell him because Tracey has a boyfriend/girlfriend back home.
    and Tracey is fat

    * Pokemon world is the future of our own planet. Pokemons are created by humans and all poke-creation stories are just myths.
    where a sophisticated high-tech molecular transport capsule is cheaper than a can of lemonade.

    - Pidgeot is still alive and waiting for Ash's long overdue return for it. Hey, someone's gotta believe. :'(
    fearrow never returned (is traumatized by the terrible beating he got) and Pidgeot of the only thing that has to care for the flock of useless birds is of the dangerous Caterpies that are lurking.

  10. #40
    Ganbare Lizardon!! Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town, Unova
    Posts
    3,709
    Blog Entries
    9
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    - I have a ton of headcanons centered around Makomo and Araragi being more than friends :3c I think that they were bffs for a long time, (well, it's canon that they're friends anyway) and they got together sometime after the Dream Site exploded don't ask me how specially because I still haven't even figured that out yet gkjalsdg because that's when they started to spend a lot of time together because Makomo was very distraught over it. Makomo definitely had to be the one to say something first, and once she realized what her intentions were, Araragi didn't know what to do because she never concerned herself with relationships, but eventually she came to terms with everything herself, and they got together. But she never introduces Makomo as her gf or whatever, always by name, and she really doesn't like pda of any kind when they're out because she wants to be seen as a professional all the time, and just isn't affectionate in general. But Makomo doesn't care at all what she says or anyone thinks and she is just super cuddly and lovely and trollish :3 omg that's not even close to half of it just a very quick summary

    - All of the Gym Leaders have meetings every once in a while where they all come together and bro around and talk about official gym business for their respective regions. But maybe once a year or something there's a Gym Leader Con and they ALL GO and hang out (same goes for the Elite Four and the Pokemon Professors). I like the idea of others of the same rank knowing one another, especially if they're in the same region, but also in the others. Mostly I like to think that Kamitsure and Denzi are friends somehow because they're so different, and I think she could help raise his confidence.

    - Kamitsure and the SubMas hang out sometimes and go on adventures in Nimbasa. She takes them to classy model parties and VIP parties because they don't leave the trains too much. Same with Denzi, when she can make it to Sinnoh or he can go to Isshu.

    - I think Pideot is sad that Satoshi never came back from him. He's not hanging out like "I waited for you, Fry" but he thinks about him sometimes and wonders if he remembers him, too.

    - I've always liked the Jindai is Shinji's dad headcanon.

    - Satoshi's Pokabu has abandonment issues (which is why he wasn't a very strong battler near the beginning) but after some time he learned that Satoshi, as well as his friends and the other Pokemon, genuinely cared for him and he became more confident as a result. In the same tone, I think that Tsutarja abandoned her trainer, but it was a bit similar, in that the trainer didn't believe in her or often recalled her from battles because they didn't think she was strong enough. Eventually Tsutarja realized how they felt, but she believed she was much better and stronger than her trainer did, so she left in pursuit of someone who could recognize her potential.

    - I feel like Iris is hiding something sometimes. It probably has something to do from when she was revealed to be the 8th gym leader way back when, but I still feel like there's something major we don't know about her yet. Not necessarily a bad thing about her past, just...something.

    - Cabernet has a crush on Dento but goes about it the same way girls do in elementary school, by teasing him/trying to get on his nerves :3



  11. #41
    remember me jda95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    2,211
    Blog Entries
    24

    Follow jda95 on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    -Okay, my main headcanon that I will never, EVER be able to get rid of is Jindai being Shinji's father. I believe their plotline would still fit perfectly if they were father and son, with the added extra dynamic of a son struggling to find acceptance in his father's eyes after seeing his brother's rejection, and how this completely shaped Shinji as a person.
    -Gen is a direct descendant of Sir Aaron. Basically his whole family has been Aura Guardians and he's just continuing the trade.
    -J didn't die, she'll be back at some point.
    -Satoshi's Tsutarja had some kind of issue with her previous trainer other than seeking strength.

    Oh god, I used to have so many more of these but I can't think of them now.

  12. #42
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,068
    Blog Entries
    797

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    I got some more.


    • Pignite and Unfezant are actually good friends, since they both seem pretty genial and well-meaning.
    • Stunfisk is actually female. I know I keep saying this, but I think it makes sense.
    • I got this one from talking to @garrison-san; - Burgundy's Stoutland was once Cilan's Lillipup. He actually had one in the anime, and it ran away to be with her.
    • Iris has sort of special power she was born with. We know she has a sixth sense for things (such as detecting rain or sensing when trouble is nearby, but she doesn't seem to use any scientific methods other than just sensing things.) She's very superstitious, but that's probably because of her upbringing. Before it was revealed that she came from a village of dragons, I assumed that she had an ability to communicate with dragons. (She is the girl who can "understand the hearts of dragons.")
    • Cilan forced the cooking theme on his siblings. I don't think it was ever established that the other two-thirds of the triplet set even had any interest in cooking. And Cilan's the only Connoisseur among them. He took advantage of his position as leader and forced them into a theme he was interested, with no regard as to what they thought.
    • Cilan used to be a really big jerk; Burgundy's flashbacks were really that accurate. But travelling with Ash helped him to overcome (or at least, hide) his darker and more unwanted traits and become (or act like) a better person.
    • You know how, in South Park, Cartman's mom was really nice, but was also the town slut? That's how I see Ash's mom.
    • Juniper and Fennel only revived the Archen because they wanted to own a pet together. They just pretended it was for science so people wouldn't wonder why they spend so much time together. ("We're together all the time so we can monitor Archen! Pay no attention to the fact that there's only one bed here.")
    • Misty's tsundere attitude originates from her neglect caused by her family. All her sisters are older than her, and constantly pick on her. She insults and bullies Ash because they're the same age, and Misty wants to let out her repressed anger on someone she can dominate. And because she feels Ash is too insensitive to her needs.
    • Trip is Alder's grandson, and Banjirou is his cousin. But Alder is so absent-minded that he forgot about Trip. Or his child (Trip's mother and/or father) was an illegitimate birth, and he never knew of them.
    • Zoey wants to be the cool mentor to everyone, just as Candice was to her. She thought dressing the way she does now would make her seem more mature and respectable. But everyone just thinks she's nosy jerk.
    • Brock would eat Pecha Berries after getting Poison Jabbed by Croagunk. (Pechas cure poison.)
    • And OT3 time: Iris has a crush on Cilan, but he only sees her as a sister. Cilan has a crush on Ash, who has had crushes on all the Pokegirls but won't act on them because he believes they have cooties. he only kept the other girls around to make up for destroying their bikes. (or in Iris's case, because he needed a tour guide.)
    Team Fairy

    Sprites from Serebii.net

  13. #43
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    -I like to think Dawn's parents are divorced, or perhaps her father died when he was very young which is why Dawn never mentioned him.
    My headcanon is that Dawn's dad is Salvia's father and royalty. Dawn is the product of an affair, and her mom got a bunch of money to keep it secret. (Hence why they have such a nice house, and why Johanna just lazes around the house all day.)
    I really, REALLY like this theory a lot, but I have my own personal headcanon about Dawn's family that I think I might merge with yours to make it a bit more complete.

    The problem I see with the above headcanon is that Johanna looks too much like Dawn and Salvia for her DNA NOT to be included in both.

    SO I think that Johanna is ACTUALLY biologically a man.

    and is Dawn's FATHER. Mother is unknown, but it's probably Cynthia *runs*

    "seasons change, people change"

  14. #44
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,068
    Blog Entries
    797

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Burgh View Post
    and is Dawn's FATHER. Mother is unknown, but it's probably Cynthia *runs*
    But Cynthia likes younger girls. And speaking of Cynthia, I imagine he's in her late-forties. She's just really, really good at taking care of herself.

    I used to have this joke theory about Dawn really being a really short man, and Ash's father. And that would fit in nicely with your idea of Johanna being a man. Dawn just wanted to follow his father's footsteps...
    Team Fairy

    Sprites from Serebii.net

  15. #45
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I used to have this joke theory about Dawn really being a really short man, and Ash's father. And that would fit in nicely with your idea of Johanna being a man. Dawn just wanted to follow his father's footsteps...
    My theory is not a joke, though, I actually believe it to be true! D:

    Speaking of Ash's father, my dominant head canon for that is that Ash's father is Red from the games...Oh DON'T TELL ME THAT ASH IS AN EXPY OF RED SO IT CAN'T HAPPEN. Guess what? So is Ritchie, arguably; so if more than one red expy can exist, surely another one won't hurt.

    I think that he and Delia hit it off at a young age, probably becoming rivals early on and got married/had Ash during Red's championship years. She harbors no ill feelings towards him, even though he left Ash when he was still a baby to go train on top of Mount Silver. He's still there to this day, waiting for the right trainer to surpass him.

    *coughASH*

    "seasons change, people change"

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •