-"Direct Hits" are pretty much Critical Hits.
-"Direct Hits" are pretty much Critical Hits.
I've probably made some height post in the past, but here's a visual reference (along with measurements) of some of the anime character's heights based on setteis and personal observations.
some heights not included:
~and i don’t observe the best wishes characters enough to make assumptions sorry OTL
"seasons change, people change"
Pikachu wants to evolve, but he has an illness that prevents him to evolve.
He hides his illness by telling Ash he doesn't want to evolve in fear that Ash abandons him if he tells Ash about his illness.
"...There is a problem with this one." Oak, EP001
In no particular order.
- Takuto/Tobias didn't even manage to defeat a single member of the Elite 4.
- Shinji is currently travelling around Kanto facing the Battle Frontier so he can have a proper battle against Jindai.
- Glion is at Okido's Lab.
- Baton Pass is a move that exists in the Pokemon world, we just haven't seen it yet.
- Pikachu was left severely depowered after his encounter with Zekrom. He only started recovering after his encounter with Voltolos.
- Shootie decided not to continue as a trainer after the League and is now working as a full-time photographer.
- Okido, Kenji, Kasumi, Haruka, Masato (and parents), Kengo, Denji, Ōba and Nozomi (and Suzana of course) all watched Satoshi in the Suzuran Conference.
- Nozomi is also travelling around Hoenn as well as Hikari.
- Araragi sorted out the Meteonite saga all alone.
- Satoshi and Takeshi visited Eteboth at the Kuchiba City Ping Pong Centre before parting ways (heck, that might have been where their ferry pulled in).
in comparison to this one
It seems as though they're about the same height but Trip has his head tilted slightly down (and Paul's hair is fluffier, so I just kinda ignore that in the measurements) so I think he might be a bit taller (either way could work though, it's not a huge difference X'D)
Also, @Metan; I laughed at your response for like 5 minutes straight.
EDIT: Hm looking at the DP settei, I think I might have made Brock too tall, actually XD
"seasons change, people change"
> Shooti is absolutely correct about the Kanto region; it is kind of a backwater place and a lot of people actually look down on the area.
> Satoshi's Isshu adventures are simply an off year for him - he has a case of the yips. Next series, when the anime isn't being unintentionally rushed, will see a return to form for Satoshi.
> Whenever Satoshi, Dent, and Iris spend the night at a Pokecenter, Satoshi disappears at some point for an hour or so. He usually takes that time to try and call various friends - Kasumi, Takeshi, Haruka, et. al. He doesn't always succeed in reaching one of them because they all have pretty inconsistent schedules, but they do keep in contact and talk to each other when they can.
> Isshu is located far enough away from the rest of the landmass that makes up Kanto, Jouto, Houen, and Shin'ou that there's at least a 7 hour time differential between the regions.
> Okido-hakase is a little embarrassed at how dismissive he was of Satoshi when he first started as a trainer; he's the town's pride and joy now and Okido is still trying to find a way to apologize to him.
Ash never contacts how old friends unless they're showing up again:
- Misty has no idea who Ash is traveling with now. She never knew Dawn existed and doesn't know about Iris/Cilan.
- Brock doesn't know about Iris/Cilan either
- Ash is not oblivious to love. He knows what it is and knows when someone is hitting on him, he just pretends to be stupid because he is a troll and the reactions amuse him and he is not interested on anyone by the way.
- The reason for the TRio's variable competence in Best Wishes is because Giovanni ordered his scientists to implant personality control ships on their brains and he is able to turn it on and off when he needs it.
- The reason the Pokémon League never bothered to close Sabrina's gym is because they are too scared to mess with her.
- Georgia had troubles with J's Salamence a long time ago and hates dragons since then.
- Ash's father never came back because he became the leader of an evil team and is trying to take over an unknown land far from Kanto.
Behold my headcanons, created by my sheer boredom and over analyzing of cartoon characters! Enjoy the wall-o-text.
- Heaviest Pokegirl is Dawn with Iris being the lightest. In order it goes Dawn(125), May(123), Misty(119), Iris(113), reasoning being is Dawn doesn't strike me as someone who would be up for exercise to keep herself in shape. May has a huge affinity for food whether it be ramen, Hoenn League goodies, Seven Star restaurant full course meals, the place in Pasta La Vista , etc. She's always had a love for food, however she balances it with how much she's always running places and such. Misty eats a lot but swims often and trains often for her water shows. Iris, as seen in Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! trainers herself often.(Spent days upon days training to defeat Drilbur) She also views a "dessert" as being a fruit, unlike Bianca who saw a dessert as being cakes and cookies and an excessive of high-calorie crap and is usually having too much fun to eat.
- Misty obviously has a crush on Ash, though it's never been stated. Ash has it for Misty too but is too dense to understand.
- Dawn has a crush on Ash but Ash most certainly doesn't think of Dawn like that, thinking of her as more of a sister.
- May likes Drew and vice versa.
- Iris has a thing for Cilan.
- Iris is a huge football fanatic according to the Stamp Rally episode because her team visited the D-Village to train often, I'm just gonna assume the Dragon Village is a natural hub for "strong." Trainers all around visit it to train, battle, and catch Dragon Pokemon. It's similar to the "Dragon's Holy Land" in Johto.(Where Liza would take the Charizard to relax at.)
- Football is her favorite sport, though she's played quite a few which further explains her overall athleticism and good upper body strength
- Stealing this from Contrary, Dawn obviously is a people pleaser. In Sinnoh it was Ash(Always in a cheer uniform for Ash's matches but she never did that for Brock), in Unova it was Iris(Using her catchphrase and being so nice to her), at the Wallace Cup it was May.("Please let me be on your team!" / "Princess of Hoenn!")
- Iris's favorite food are apples, Ash's favorite are Yakisoba and Rice Balls, May's favorites are ramen and meronpan, Bianca's favorite is pretty much any form of sugary confection, Dawn's favorite is curry, Cilan's favorite are salads, Brock loves burgers, Max likes most sandwiches, Misty's favorite is seafood like Basculin.(Since we know people actually eat Basculin, Farfetch'd, etc.) The Unova and non-Unova characters food favorites are more inherent to their locations, I figured Cilan would like salads often being a Grass specialist and Iris would pick fruit while playing in the forest.
Of course I have to do a headcanon for my favorite scientistColress is the smartest scientist in this show, he met Ghetsis some time after college and was a prodigy from a young age. He had an incident where he was battling and his opponent was able to beat him, he simply views Pokemon strength from one form being the technical form.(Stats, strength, stamina) He finds intangible things in relation to bringing out Pokemon's potential(Love, Caring) to be illogical. Though he doesn't do anything rude or mean to his Pokemon, he just finds such ideas of emotional influence on Pokemon to be unrealistic. He soon gets a job under Team Plasma. His first Pokemon was an Elygem. He has a borderline obsession with strong Pokemon and frequently tries to get Ghetsis to experiment on his Pokemon.("Please let me do it! Please! This medicine will bring Hydreigon's ultimate strength and potential!") Ghetsis finds him unnerving but useful.
- Starter Pokemon trainers have free insurance, their Pokedex is their ID, getting it scanned in the Pokemon Center allows them free health care for their Pokemon and comfort. Because they're benefiting the world already by growing up to be successes, encouraging battling, training Pokemon for possible labor, the Pokemon League tends to get a lot of advertisement even. Gym Leaders also have this benefit, normal trainers must pay.
- Misty and Marlon met, Misty's Corsola was defeated by his Carracosta however.
- Liza and Clair battled often as little girls, Liza's Horsea often defeated Charla several times.
- Charizard never surpassed Charla.
- Ash does call Oak's lab from time to time to check on his Pokemon.
- Roselia remains to be the Pokemon that May can't seem to take down.
- Breionna from Spontaneous Combusken uses Surskit and Vibrava to emulate Drew.
- As a true blue Top Coordinator Zoey has moved on to bigger things now.
- Kenny only really became a Coordinator for Dawn, he has quit being one and goes after Gym Battles now. Finding out he's a much better battler than Coordinator after defeating Ash's Buizel as well as battling Ash several times in the past.(Pikachu VS. Prinplup, Breloom VS. Turtwig, etc.)
- Nando does Contest in Johto and uses an Exploud and Leavanny too, he also has challenged the Johto Battle Frontier to continue his double goals of Coordinating and Battling.
- Georgia owns a Tyranitar and Burgundy a Swalot.
- Dawn owns and uses a Ledian in Johto Contest now, is a male Pokemon, caught mainly to emulate May's Beautifly(and Zoey's Finneon) after seeing how good it was against Glameow.
- Conway catches a Porygon and evolves it all the way to Porygon-Z.(Oh, how I loathe that this Pokemon was banned.) Also caught a Tangela.
- Dawn is the most innocent and emotional Pokegirl.
- The birds are all good friends on Oak's ranch.
- Snorlax and Sceptile are the two strongest Pokemon of Oak's ranch.
- Heracross and Sceptile are good buddies, though Sceptile is cool and calm Heracross is nice and quite outgoing and they mesh together well.
- The Pokemon all(or most) continue to trainlong after leaving Ash, whether it be on their own or whatever. Some of the more known Pokemon also tend to have little adventures from time to time, like Bulbasaur.
- Torkoal is a crybaby simply because it's an emotional Pokemon, no tragic backstory.
- Munchlax got motivated to battle more and focus less on eating for May because he loves her.
- Drew caught Butterfree mainly because he saw how amazing Soledad's was and their was a bit of envy in that regard, it has a chip on its shoulder judging by its facial expressions most of the time in The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!.
- Flareon is likely the only female member of Ursula's team.(Judging from its eyelashes when it was hit by Spark.) Jigglypuff and Plusle too maybe.
- Masquerain and Roserade are female, Flygon, Absol, and Butterfree are male.
- Woobat, Amoonguss and Yamask are male.
- Dragonite is a male
- Emolga takes pride in her ability of flight, it reminds her how much freer she is than other Pokemon.
- Pignite and Snivy have a good friendship.
- Venusaur and Bulbasaur's infatuation with each other is dead since the former evolved.
- Wartortle is protective of May and proud of its accomplishments.
- Azurill is the child of Tracey's Marill and Corsola.
- Tracey's Scyther doesn't battle much anymore, because it's one of the few elder Pokemon of the cast.
Last edited by Bubble Frog; 30th May 2013 at 03:13 PM.
I only have one:
-Pokemon Hunter J originally came from Orre and was part of Team Snagem until she decided she could make more money poaching trainers' Pokemon on the mainlands.
Grand Riser, henshin!
Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
This headcanon is really IRL-based but centers on the anime so hopefully it counts because I find it to be awesome:
Casting calls for Trip were made around the time voicework for the Sinnoh League was being done. All the VA's saw a picture of Trip and two particular VAs had this conversation:
Julian Rebolledo (voice of Paul): "Bitch, that guy's just Paul colored like Barry. I don't voice posers, sorry."
Jamie McGonnigal (voice of Barry): "OMG. If Paul and Barry had a lovechild it would be this guy. Right here. ROFL!!!"
Rebolledo: "Oh yeah? Then I dare you to take on the job. You voice this "Trip" guy."
Rebolledo: "--BUT. You have to make him sound just like Barry. Not only that, you have to use your Barry voice to make him imitate my Paul voice the entire time. Those are the terms: you talk like Barry talking like Paul. All the time."
McGonnigal: "STILL DONE. Oh man this is gonna be TOTAL HILARITY."
Rebolledo: "You don't want something in return for taking on this dare?"
McGonnigal: "Dude, I'd do this shit for FREE. --But don't tell your "big bro" casting director that! ;) "
Rebolledo: "Sh-shut up!"
And that is how Trip was voiced by Jamie McGonnigal and why he sounds exactly like Barry imitating Paul on a constant basis.
personally i think that silver(from the anime) is ash's grandfather and is best buds with alder that is how they are both so agile and that ash's father is agent looker
- Ash took some long break after the Sinnoh League. He let himself go, slightly regressing his skills before he went to Unova.
- Ash is actually between 12- and 14-years old by now.
- The narrator is an actual physical person, and most likely, Professor Oak.
- Kurt discovered the secret from the GS Ball, but he kept it to himself. He turned into an evil person who takes advantage of whatever was inside.
- Jessie, James and Meowth actually made their radio show and everything it happened in it in anime-universe.
- Cynthia likes thinking about Ash and Paul as a couple, for some reason.
- Ash talks to his old friends and family from time to time, but he usually neglects telling other people like Iris and Cilan about them.
- Similar to what Magma Bomb said, Ash isn't oblivious to love. At first he demonstrated knowledge (EP009, EP021), but then he decided to play stupid both because he thinks people like obliviousness and because he has fun seeing their reactions.
- The Kanto region is slightly more dangerous and darker than the others, making some few people try to avoid it.
- Jigglypuff is still following Ash.
- Jessie, James and Meowth see Ash and Pikachu more as friends than enemies.
- Bianca has a crush on Satoshi-kun :P
- Trip is a fan of Paul. He tried to act rude like him when he watched Paul on TV, but he finally gave up on it because he did it all wrong.
- Doctor Fennel is bisexual.
- Robert from BW054 is a relative of Todd Snap.
- The Pokémon tournaments and competitions are held by the government. They make money from people paying to assist as audience, and TV networks also have to pay in order to broadcast them. Part of the money is invested in sustain Pokémon Trainers and Coordinators by different means, having free Pokémon Centers, which basically work as hotels and hospitals (free food, free health, free hosting, etc), paying to professors like Oak along with giving them tools and a big enough place to research, etc.
Last edited by Gabo 2oo; 7th August 2013 at 06:38 PM.
It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.