Holy crap i did not realize Giovanni was that big. Hes huge!
Holy crap i did not realize Giovanni was that big. Hes huge!
The Ketchums are actually a really poor family, and Delia couldn't afford to raise Ash anymore. So she entered a sexual relationship with the deprived, ageing Professor Oak in exchange for a pokemon for her son, knowing that he would have a better chance if she just threw him out into the wild with a pokemon than if she allowed him to stay home.
She is supported financially by Professor Oak in exchange for having to make fetish films with Mimey for the professor's viewing pleasure.
I was thinking about this earlier. I noticed how, after evolving, Ash's Leavanny walked off and made leaves. It later participated in saving Axew from the cave using its own ideas.
This makes me think that Swadloon remembered how he was entirely dependent on others saving it during its debut episode, coupled with it not being used as much as other Pokemon, made it want to become more independent and self-sufficient. I like to think this was also so it could be used more and appease its trainer; the fact that Ash uses Leavanny a little more frequently now cements this for me.
The Kanto through Sinnoh country's national government is a dictatorship that doesn't do jackshit it doesn't oppress people doesn't help people besides giving towns subsidies and managing the pokemon league which mantains the bulk the economy.
Originally Posted by Linkara
These have been... Interesting. Here's a few of mine:
- Castelia City is still overrun by the Venipede. However, the people have learned how to live with the 2 ft. venomous bugs.
- There was a massive battle between Team Rocket and Team Plasma that was really epic, but Ash and friends missed the entire thing. The situation was handled by Hilda. Team Rocket won and were able to carry out their villainous plots un-impeded by Team Plasma. The remnants of Team Plasma are in hiding, biding their time...
- Ash talks about his dad all the time, but only "off camera" (that is, we're not watching the show when he does this). This drives other characters nuts.
- Jessie, James, Meowth and their Pokémon still act their goofy old selves, but again, this now occurs "off camera".
- N and Iris have common ground in that they were both abandoned by people and seemingly raised by Pokémon.
- Misty used to have a crush on Ash, but this waned when she realized that he's too focused on Pokémon for things like romance. It pretty much disappeared by the time Ash went to Sinnoh and now she's moved on to Tracey.
- Nearly all the "Nasty" rival characters (Harley, Ursala, Burgundy and Georgia and others) all frequent the same Internet message board.
- Since it was revived using dream energy, the Archen that Prof. Juniper and Dr.Fennel revived also gained reality-warping powers. It was able to grow that ancient tree because it willed it into existence (and strangely enough, it was "burned" by a ghost attack, which psychic types are weak too). It also willed those other Archeops into existence.
- All over Unova, there are strange portals to other realities. Only Pokémon really know about them. The one in that Sawsbuck filler was an example, as was the two-parter with Tirtouga/Carracosta. The Archeops from the headcanon above also flew off to another of those "portals".
- Dr. Zager originally intended to use dream energy, but found it was far too unstable. So he was forced to use the rocks from Chargestone cave instead, despite being low-powered.
Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.
oh i have a new one
- dent is completely aware of cabernet's feelings for him (even though she's in denial) and doesn't know how to break the news to her that he's actually gay
Seeing as how i'm an AdvanceShipper mines mainly about Advanceshipping, sorry if it offends anyone
-May came int the top 4 of the Johto GF (lost to Solidad)
-May then called Ash to see how he was doing
-Ash told her of him coming 8th in the Unova league
-They agree to meet in the Wallace Cup held in Johto
-Meet Dawn and Brock at the Wallace Cup
-Brock has become a famous doctor while dawn has become a famous announcer/co-ordinator
-May beats Harley while Ash beats Drew in the semi-finals
-May beats Ash to win
-Giovanni kidnaps Delia
-Ash, May ,Dawn, Brock go on a quest to save her
-They save her with the help of Mewtwo
-Ash decides to compete in the Hoenn league again while may enters Hoenn contests again
-Max has become a trainer
-May wins the GF beating all her rivals
-Ash beats Trollbias in the Finals to become hoenn champion
-All through this Ash and May develop feelings for each other and admit them just before Ash's match in the finals
-Ash then decides to take on the elite four challenges but only manages to beat the Hoenn elite four
-Travels with May for awhile before deciding to start a family in Pallet
-Lives there and takes challenges by those who have 8 badges in two different regions
-Max becomes the Hoenn elite four champion
-Gary replaces proffesor Oak when Oak retires
-Dawn becomes the official announcer for GF
-Brock becomes a world renowned Doctor and becomes the head doctor of the pokemon centres
-Does the occasional pokemon league in diffferent regions while May travels with him competing in contests and goes under the name of "The Princess of Hoenn"
-Gary and Tracy babysit for them while they do this
Credit to the amazing Princess of Hoenn for the banner
I have one Headcanon but it's actually regarding the Creators of Pokemon.
From reading this thread, I've come to realize that the Creators of Pokemon purposely left all of these Holes in the Story-line
Specifically for the purpose of messing with us and forcing us to fill in all the holes ourselves.
This is why Ash's father will NEVER be revealed and why Ash will NEVER end up with Misty/May/Dawn/Etc....
They like to watch us suffer!
May's Johto Contest Quest: It went as follows: May won quite some Ribbons right off the bat due to freakin' Blaziken. She lost once against Drew in Goldrenrod City, though, because she was overconfident that Blaziken will make it. Hence, when she travels to the Wallace Cup, she states that she is not going well. After losing to Dawn, though, she regroups, and having returned with a Glaceon in Johto, she quickly won her last 2 Ribbons (for the sake of humour, let's make it that she won the last Contest between the festival to keep the gag...). Meanwhile, her Munchlax and Skitty evolved and she swtiched them in her team, so that the Normal-type bulky Snorlax stays at her Dad's Gym. Finally, at the GF she beats Harley EVEN THOUGH HE HAD CHEATED! This causes Harley to admit that she will never beat her and finally becomes the good guy the rival always becomes at the end. She then beats Drew AND Solidad, winning the Johto Grand Festival! Having become a Top Coordinator, she returned to Petalburg, and is staying there.
Dawn after the DP series: Dawn's story is a bit different. She wanted to hit the Contest trail in Hoenn, but she found out that Buneary's photo shoot did not leave her enough time to make it to the Hoenn GF. Thus, she stays in Sinnoh without entering Contests for a while. When Cynthia tells her about the JC in Unova, and that Ash will be there, she joins her to Unova (BW085-093). She then goes to the Johto Wallace Cup, since this sepcific Contest can be proven useful for the next Contest season. There, she loses against Ursula's freakin' Garchomp (from that Gabite), losing against Ursula for the first time, even though PIPLUP EVOLVED in a desperate attempt to beat it.
Finally in the Gf, PIplup makes it to Empoleon and beats Ursula/Garchomp at the finals, making Dawn the Sinnoh GF winner. by the time, Quilava and Buneary have evolved.
I love these! Ya'll are pretty creative! Some of mine are cliche, but let me try..
-Misty still has a huge crush on Ash. He has feelings for her too but is too young and focused on being a Pokemon Master to realize it. But he will one day and they will end up together. They also chat from time to time via letters and phone calls.
-Ash went back to visit Pidgeot after the Sinnoh League and before he left for Unova. Pidgeot was happy to see him, but he had settled down and started a family. He opted to stay and raise/care for that family.
-Around the middle of DP Tracey and Daisy started casually dating.
-I look at the "10 year old Ash Ketchum" line just like I look at all of the other inconsistencies/continuity issues in the show, I ignore it. Ash is 14.
-The electricity overloads at the beginning of Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova, are indicators of Pikachu being reset. Not completely, but downgraded to about where he was in late Kanto/Orange Islands to start off said regions. This perfectly explains him loosing to Pokemon he shouldn't loose to.
-Ash is slow. Not mentally challenged, just slow. This explains the rookie mistakes he should not be making at this point. He took his loss to Tobias in the semi-finals hard and took a 6 month layoff before leaving for Unova and starting fresh. Him being slow, this long layoff has regressed his skills slightly. He will regroup back to his "DP self" eventually.
-Max watched Ash's match with Tobias and threw popcorn at the t.v. screen yelling when Tobias was revealed to be using legendary Pokemon.
-Team Rocket started acting more serious and focused in BW because after Sinnoh they realized how long they've been chasing the same Trainer with no avail.
-Dawn and May are bffs' and keep in touch regularly.
-Ash's Squirtle has an Everstone in his shell. It's small, so he doesn't know its there.
-Ash's Gible and Ash's Corphish are best bro's and constantly get into shenanigans at Oak's lab. Bulbasaur doesn't like them very much.
-Ursula listens to Ganksta Rap and is well respected in the urban community.
-Professor Ivy told Brock she is married to a traveling Pokemon Trainer/stone collector (Steven lol) but lost her ring.
-Ash didn't use Charizard in the Sinnoh League because he didn't want Infernape to feel "replaced" as Ash's main fire-powerhouse. This is why Quilava and Torkoal were used because Infernape wouldn't feel threatened by them. Once Infernape grows and develops more self confidence, Ash will use Charizard around him in battle/competition.
-Tobias never challenges the Elite 4. He just goes around trolling Leagues because when he competed in his first League as a child he was defeated by a Trainer with Legendaries in the first round. That's why Flint battled Cynthia instead of Tobias.
Ash’s Snivy was owned and abused by Ghetsis (or possibly a Team Plasma grunt), prior to meeting Ash
Last edited by GibleKidd; 5th February 2013 at 12:31 AM.
My main one is about the universe; there are small fish, insects and maybe even rodents that aren't Pokémon, but the powers and abilities Pokémon have has gradually caused the extinction of other animals, as they couldn't compete in the wild; but I have plenty of other silly ones.
1.] I think this might actually be canon, but it's what I have knocking around in my brain: Ash's Pikachu isn't actually particularly special. The times when Team Rocket point out how powerful it is seem to be when he's had some extra juice from elsewhere (the group of Pikachu in the Pokémon Centre powering him up, Thundurus powering him up when he took that Electric-type attack from it to protect Iris, etc.). The only reason Pikachu appears to overcome impossible odds for its species in certain battles is (a) Ash and Pikachu are phenomenally well matched and (b) it's had a region's worth of training and experience before a 'reset'.
2. Oh, and Cilan travels with Ash because he envies Ash's completely impulsive and intuitive approach to Pokémon training and wants to be more like him, despite already being an established and respected Pokémon Connoisseur and Gym Leader.
3. Iris behaves like an elitist know-it-all because she is deeply, deeply insecure and intellectually intimidated by Ash and Cilan.
4. Iris is not a particularly talented Pokémon Trainer and will never become a Dragon Master.
5. Ash's Totodile, Corphish and Gible have become great friends and mischief makes at Oak's lab. Totodile is the ring leader, blindly starting trouble because he is so care-free; Corphish likes to think he is the ringleader but he is too sensitive to criticism and Totodile does not give one single shit about anyone else's feelings; Gible - being as dense as he is - doesn't really know what's going on but enjoys the opportunity Totodile provides for him to bite things.
6. Cilan quietly believes himself better than his brothers because of his intellectual prowess and initiative in going on a self-improving journey; Cress is very resentful of his abandonment of his Gym duties.
7. The Striaton trio are the secret laughing stock of the Unova Gym Leader community.
8. Most of the Striaton trio's wins are because their theatrics throws off their challenger's concentration.
9. No one likes Bianca.
10. Tracey is actually seedy prick and only acts unbelievably nice in the hopes that he will be thrown a pity lay by Delia, Misty or one of Misty's sisters. He is the ultimate conniving White Knight.
11. Nothing dramatic or ridiculous or sinister has happened to Ash's dad; the dude is actually just on a Pokémon journey and is an unintentionally shitty father.
12. Virgil is a bad guy. Not a villain, just not a cool dude. The League win goes to his head and he becomes a complete tool.
13. Being a regional Champion carries a lot of responsibility (like defending the region from natural disasters / Pokémon rampages / villains, as well as diplomatic immunity. Alder's role as Champion is on shaky ground because he does not take his position seriously (and quite right!).
Last edited by Frenzy Plant; 5th February 2013 at 01:53 AM.
I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!
The series repeats the same one week over and over, forever (Compare Gold/Silver's clock limitations)
This justifies no one ever aging, and why it's always spring.
Non-Pokémon animals went extinct as replacement Pokémon were "discovered"