She, too, has confidence issues which is why she must compare her glory days with her daughter's coordinating career and then put Hikari down when Hikari hasn't reached the same achievement.
Johanna is a bitch mother. That is my head canon.
I believe Dawn will grow up to hate her more and sever all ties, perhaps smashing all of Johanna's ribbon cup trophies to the ground and storming out in a blaze of glory.
Oh my God, that would be awesome. But Contests are all she knows, all she's ever been taught. Even if she escaped her mother's control, she's still mostly skilled and recognized as a Coordinator, and so are her Pokemon.
So she will one day suffer identity issues and wind up in an asylum. Following Ambipom into the world of ping-pong.
In fact, my new fanon: the *real* reason she's in Unova is because Cynthia was helping Dawn escape her mother's influence. Hence why she seems so happy with the group.
Oh my god my head-canons regarding Haruka and her parents have been unleashed.
Here goes, okay..
- Haruka's own insecurities and issues with self-esteem and wishy-washing decision making has to do with her relationship with HER parents.
- While great parents -on the surface- I'm betting that Haruka always feels slighted when Senri especially ignores the family for the gym.
- Haruka is never sure of herself because she thinks she can never live up to her parents' legacy.
- Masato, on the other hand, just loves being a part of that legacy - he loves being Senri's son, while Haruka hates being Senri's shadow.
- Haruka picked coordinating over gym battles especially because it's something that she can't be compared to her father to.
- I think she's in love with an ideal!Satoshi and an ideal!Shuu and that her perfect boyfriend would be a blend of the two personalities. Her inferiority complex justifies why she's in love with both of them but hates aspects of both of them as well.
- She wishes she were her brother so she could be more accepting of herself, but she's got deep-rooted issues that deal with having parents that are way too flashy and talented for their own good.
- Even though she's gotten really good at coordinating, she still feels like she can't live up to her father's name.
- She hates being compared to people. HATES. Being compared to her father all her life has done basically nothing to her self-esteem.
- And because she feels she's too inferior to take cues from her parents, she's actually rather impressionable which is why she's able to adapt Satoshi's training style and Shuu's work ethic so easily. They mold her personality the most.
- One of her biggest fears is losing a Pokemon battle to her father in the public eye.
oh and i can't believe i missed the most important one.
- Even if she loves her parents and they're coolest, most capable people ever, a part of her will still always resent her father.
-Johanna is basically an adult version of Zoey.
-Cilan was the "favorite" child of the family. He's the one who got all the attention from his parents and the one who was set to inherit that business. Chili and Cress were jealous of this of course, Cress of course tried to compensate for this and worked to be known and become better then Cilan, picking up his "snooty" attitude along the way. Chili was the type of child that acted out for attention, often setting shit on fire or running away from home. Due to being the golden goose child of the family, Cilan's parents sent him to many classes on various topics.(Fishing, Movies, Etc.) Cress and Chili were continued to be ignored, until one day they each received an egg as Christmas gifts. Chili and Cress trick their brother into becoming a Connoisseur, because of this they are able to effectively beat their brother's Pansage in battle with their Panpour and Pansear because he would take moments to lecture them on their relationships with their Pokemon. One day they intended for it to be a harmless joke but, they let a Purrloin into the store to spook Cilan. The Devious Pokemon however scratched him and gave him a series of slashes and cuts, leaving a few nasty scars and killed his Lillipup. To this day he can't stand the creatures.
-Barry was an only child. His daddy Palmer gave him a lot of attention and helped him train a lot as a child alongside his Rypherior, which Empoleon struggles to beat to this very day. After seeing Torrent activate in the Sinnoh League, via TV Palmer decides that his son should try to gain control of Torrent and battle Rypherior one day.
-Trip isn't nearly as much a jackass as Paul was, he went through a stage of "look-at me now" in which he became enamored with a camera and loved to photograph Pokemon and himself and parents. One day he met Alder who taught him about being strong and he got a picture with Bouffalant and Alder. A bully smashed Trip's camera as he walked home one day and he was picked on quite a bit by other children. Taking pictures was his "escape" in a way, a way of avoiding having to deal with things like this. Because of this he can't stand a lot of children his own age. The bully that hurt Trip the most, he was from Kanto.
-Max's starter is May's Munchlax because, Munchlax is better at battles then contest.
-Buneary was in a bad relationship at some point in her life.
-Iris can understand Dragon's hearts but, so can Drayden to an extent since his family protected something important to the city he lives in and Dragon have always been important to the Spartan Mayor for their power, valor, and spartan-like battle style.
-Drayden visited the Dragon Village often to train.
- While we saw the Teddiursa doll May gave Ash in DP on his dresser back in BW1...I always assumed Brock just tossed his.
- Ash no longer has the Misty lure with him, that's why he didn't pull it out when Cilan used his special lure back in early BW.
Only one Five-Gate Fanon Theory. The Kanto's Elite 4 are the original Kanto's Elite Four with Lance of course being the leader. These four are the most powerful elite four members in the nation(kanto,hoenn,sinnoh,johto,etc elites combined). Lance is also just as strong if not stronger than some Champions such as Cyntha,Steven,Wallace. And the most powerful
Champion is the Kanto League Champion who just so happens to be currently undefeated in the entirety of his career. It is he who is supposedly the greatest Pokemon Master of all time. He in my mind has short silver hair and wears some sort of Black Robe.Cloak. He also happens tobe a Swordmaster and his main pokemon is a Salamence who has never fell in
battle. Let's just for the sake of this post call him Gestahl.
This is my Fanon concerning the lack of importance regarding the Champion League in Kanto.
- Giovanni is Ash's dad. I go back and forth on whether Gio and Delia are still together or if it's all in the past. If it's in the past, then she and Prof. Oak are doing a lot more than taking care of Ash's 'Mons while he's away, if ya catch my drift.
- Part of the reason the TRio wasn't fired prior to Unova was because of Giovanni's memories of Miyamoto and how she usually treated him more kindly than his own did. (The other part is that they needed some crappy teams/units to distract the authorities from their more important operations, like them catching a Rayquaza at the beginning of the Manaphy movie.)
- Brandon is Reggie and Paul's dad. (such a wasted opportunity ;-;)
- Tyson from the Red Gyarados two-parter is Prof. Oak's son and Gary's dad (they totally have similar hairstyles!11!) When he was growing up, he was used to all the attention and prestige that came from being the Prof.'s son. He let it go to his head and as an adult he made some bad investments and gambled a lot of his money away, but he was too prideful to ask his dad for help, so he joined TR.
- Prof. Oak is Gary's legal guardian and the primary father figure in Ash's life.
After Tyson ran off to join TR, Gary's mom moved to Prof. Oak's lab when Gary was around 7. She dies roughly a year later from *coughplotdevice-itiscough* Prof. Oak felt responsible for the way Tyson turned out, since he was more focused on his research at the time than his wife and son, and he sees a lot of Tyson in Gary, so he wanted to steer Gary away from the path Tyson took.
Now Gary had spent summers in Pallet before, and during those summers a friendship formed between him and Ash. He wasn't really affected by the Prof's focusing on Ash because he was only there for a few months/wasn't really paying attention to it. But after he took up a permanent residence there, combined with his dad leaving for reasons unknown to him at the time and his mom's recent passing, a rift between the two started to form, one that wouldn't be comletely fixed until the Silver Conference a few years down the road.
- Victor from "The Pi-Kahuna" is James' long lost uncle. Look at young!Victor and tell me that James doesn't look a thing like him.
- Butch and Wendy are siblings.
- Prof. Lund is Hun's father. (If you haven't noticed by now most of my theories are based on hairstyles.)
- The evil teams (er, mostly TR, but it could be tweaked to have others doing it) partially fund/sponsor the leagues of their respective regions via legal means as a way of seeing potential recruits and/or Pokémon they could swipe in the future.
- Morty is Agatha's grandchild.
(and so is Karen but she's not in the anime ;-;)
- Sir Aaron was the Chosen One of his time (yes yes I know that was a dub-only addition but whatever)
- Ash, Queen Ilene and Riley are all descendants of Sir Aaron and Queen Rin.
- Wes and Rui from Colosseum are the Sensational Sisters parents (don't ask, I'm not entirely sure how this works out either, but again, whatever)
- The Striaton Bros. are the Shadow Triad
(plz? at least in the anime? ;-;)
All I can think of atm. (it turned out to be mostly family trees and me crying, lol)
inb4 this is cheesy as hell because idgaf
damnit kara, right in the feels
But on a similar note...I thought that lab/house in the episode was where they stayed together sometimes, kind of like how Shirona goes to her Villa in Sazanami. Plus, they could do science there :3c Well, not anymore, since their place was destroyed. But I've always had this headcanon that they were going to revive the fossil anyway (it probably took them forever to build that machine), and they were out doing stuff, and they ran in to Satoshi-tachi and while they were chit chatting they brought up that they were going to revive a fossil and of course Satoshi was like "OMG CAN I SEE LOL" but of course Araragi said yes because the trainers could learn a lot from it, but Makomo was kind of bitter about them coming too :3c
But as far as the Archeos goes...since BW075/76, I think it went somewhere like that, or maybe even that same cave/place. There were a bunch of Archen and Archeos running around there, so it'd probably be happy there. And Araragi would probably love to study a place like that sometime, all of the fossil Pokemon running around in their natural habitat~
But okay, some other ones that I thought of XD
- Dento's Maggyo and Satoshi's Gamagaru totally bro around behind the scenes. I mean, they were already friends, it's sad that we haven't seen them interact since then :(
- Langley was very over confident as a young trainer, and challenged a high level trainer that defeated her with one of their fully evolved dragon types. She didn't have any Ice or Dragon types at the time, and lost horribly, and her starter Pokemon was very severely injured and can't battle anymore. Since then, she's been determined to be a Dragon Buster because of what happened to her first Pokemon.
- Dento and his brothers were all given Pokemon eggs as children, and they hatched in to the three elemental monkeys, respectively. The monkeys and the triplets all grew up together.
- Emonga purposely sabotages Iris' battles sometimes just to prove to her that even though she has a trainer now, she can still think for herself, so to speak. But (most of the time) she realizes when a battle is important and she needs to do her best for her trainer. It's not about level or Iris not being a good trainer, Emonga just still hasn't come to terms that part of being a trainer's Pokemon is that she is supposed to do what she's told, and Iris even likes this about her.
Ash is sensitive about his age and forces the narrator to always say that it is 10.
- Kenny only became a Coordinator because of Dawn.
- Raoul Contesta and Mr. Sukizo have several Psychic-type Pokémon with Teleport so they can travel to Hoenn, Kanto, and Sinnoh in a few minutes and judge all Contests.
- Trip was born in Kanto but moved to Unova as a child and was messed up by his classmates for being a Kantonian.
- Unova is the poorest region; they don't have Contests and they need an institution that certifies crazy people to do something that is done by a Pokétch app in Sinnoh.
- Iris has lice and Axew likes to eat them.
Mostly Cilan head-canons and one Burgundy head-canon. Because Cilan is the only character who I've looked into:
- Cilan's over-the-top personality and many talents is Cilan's way of covering up his memory of the Purrloin incident as he is unable to deal with it emotionally.
- Cilan was like his game counterpart in personalty when he was younger; shy and awkward. This caused Cilan to be very vulnerable and thus was easy to manipulate.
- Cilan had the above personality up until the Purrloin incident were Cilan decided to come out of his shell in order to avoid anything similar to this happening once again.
- Cilan became a Pokémon Connoisseur because he doesn't want anyone having a bad experience with a Pokémon like he did with Purrloin. Cilan is only often strict because he wants the best for others.
- Cilan became way too attached to all of his hobbies that he fears someone messing with it means they are trying to take away or destroy something he loves which is the reason for his outbursts of anger.
- Cilan admires Ash not just for his battling style and way of adapting to his Pokémon, but also for Ash's head-strong and positive attitude as this is the kind of persona Cilan wishes he had when he was a kid.
- Burgundy secretly admires Cilan and his Pokémon Connoisseur skills, she is just too stubborn to admit this. While stating she wants to bring Cilan down, Burgundy in fact enjoys the challenge Cilan gives her.
Cilan has Purrloin.
-Ash reveal in Junior Cup that he & Pikachu's been holding back against Trip until Trip become more experience trainer
-Cynthia reveal that Ash has a bad habit of Subconsciously Hold Back against weaker opponent! Ash subconsciously judge his opponent by advantage and held himself back if he's opponent is in a disadvantage which is why he lost to Trip & he needed to use 6 pokemon to beat Roxie's 3 pokemon!
-Ash will trade his Boldore for a Metagross!
-Ash Krokorok evolve when it lose his Sunglasses and needed inspiration !
-Shizui reveal to be a friend of Misty's sister & Know Misty since she was a little Girl!
-Ash's Pikachu learn Extreme Speed ! Or Zekrom taking Pikachu's Electric Power cause Pikachu to learn ''Fusion Bolt''!
-Ash face Trip in Junior Cup final and use Pikachu to defect his Serperior !
-The New rival will appear after Junior Cup to Challenge Ash and to aware him that there more powerful trainer in Unova League!
-Cynthia tell Ash that he's relies too Much on Snivy's Attract and advised Ash to teach brand new move to he's pokemon ! Ash follow her advise and teach Snivy to use Aqua Tail & Iron Tail!
-Ash will face Iris in a 4 on 4 Battle where Ash defect Iris!
-Brock secretly loves Ash which is why he always returned after he left and he hides his sexuality by harassing every female he meet.
-Drew and May are somewhat together and Harley stalks them like always.
-Misty gave up her water master goal to become a stripper.
-Dawn and Zoey ran off somewhere together.
-Ash is secretly a genius in disguise and is going to take over the world someday.
-Cyrus is wandering around in his world writing Twilight fanfiction and reading 50 shades of Grey.
-Saturn and Mars play hopscotch while Jupiter wonders why she didn't just audition for American Idol.
-Ash also secretly is 40 years old but looks likes he's in his teens.
(edited to be more kid-friendly. >->)
True stories. (: