Do people actually watch the anime when it airs on TV? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Do people actually watch the anime when it airs on TV?

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do people actually watch the anime when it airs on TV?

not really :x
    But, I have both East AND West feeds so waking up early is not an excuse. I gotta get my Serie A/EPL/La Liga fix, tho :D
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Follow Lyraeon on Tumblr

I wind up up till 3:30 most nights, anyway, so staying up to watch the Japanese episodes is easy for me. I'll skip it sometimes, if I'm just too tired and the episode looks meh, but I have an alarm set for it.

I haven't been getting up for the dub, but that's because the dub's been horrible since BW started (I tried for a few weeks, now I only watch the dub if something I really care about comes on - the upcoming Dawn episodes for example, I'll be watching those unless they messed up Dawn's voice actress.) But when I do, it's the same as I did for Legend of Korra when it was on - go back to bed afterward. While I don't think Pokemon's in any danger, people should remember that watching your shows or recording them on your DVR adds to the shows viewership and ratings, which influences how much effort gets put into the show by the networks. It's what got Korra another two seasons, and why Thundercats got taken back off the air

I remember getting up an hour early for school, back when the Kanto episodes were first airing, to watch Pokemon and Beast Wars before school while I ate breakfast... Good times... Makes 8AM sound like nothing.
    So I'm new, in that "hey, I've been a lurker for two years but only bothered posting recently" sense.
    I keep meaning to exist here, but other boards have absorbed my attention...

Hyper Satellite Cannon! Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

*referring to original post* You talk like 8:30 AM is super early. o_O

I get up at around 7 AM every morning these days, so I have no trouble watching it when it airs. Now if they moved it to 6:30, then I might have a bit of a problem >_>

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

I watched most of the series of the past year by downloading it and since Best Wishes is still too new I been watching it online!

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I wake up or stay up to watch episodes on KeyHole if I think the episode merits it. Depends really on if it's DST or not and whether the episode's on at 5 or 6. Since Wednesday night is the night I go out at school I used to go out, stay up to sober up, and then watch the episode and go to sleep. Usually if it's at 6 I'll set an alarm, wake up for 30 minutes to watch and go back to sleep.

Haven't payed attention to the dub since probably the start of DP. I've only seen a few dubbed episodes of BW, none of which have been on their first showing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123