Do all these gimmicky stunts that Best Wishes! keeps pulling seem desperate to you? - Page 8

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: Do all these gimmicky stunts that Best Wishes! keeps pulling seem desperate to you?

Default Re: Do all these gimmicky stunts that Best Wishes! keeps pulling seem desperate to yo

I'm going to say "Industry Standard". Also Mewtwo could've been a segway to X/Y since it may/may not relate to DNA and genetic, while Genosect is Japanese last Even monster to showcase before next gen.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Default Re: Do all these gimmicky stunts that Best Wishes! keeps pulling seem desperate to yo

It may look desperate, but...

1. It's still better than several months of standard BW.
    2. There is no more fanservice than previous generations: Remember, we didn't see any older pokemons in the league. Charizard-mania is not that much different than older pokemons in BF and Sinnoh League.
    3. Sinnoh was full of references to past. It's just seem different because BW itself is a faster paced/rushed saga. And...
    4. ...Thanks to BW's pseudo-retcon feel, writers didn't have enough time to make references to past generations.

Also:

1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I still don't see how the TR Kami Trio Form special being hyped as the end for TR was gimmicky. The writers have done things like that before, like all the hype behind Cresselia VS. Darkrai or the constant "Pokemon DP Special" airing in which they doubled up on new episodes once every few months and took a break. I never once thought for a second that would actually be the end of TR, maybe as an organization but not the gang of Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu. It became especially more apparent when the special ended and they say something along the lines of "that Pikachu really is special....." Honestly I couldn't see the TRio's last episode being like that in the slightest, I think the writers wouldn't use an end-all be-all end-of-the-world type special to have TRio leave the show, they even have TRio market constant sweepstakes and contest during Live Caster segments. Nyasu is also a mascot, I don't think he would get a send-off like that.

Moving toward us getting a new opening, Be an Arrow! is just a remixed version of the original opening. BW has only had two openings, one of which is CGi. If anything the show was due for a pseudo-new opening.

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

If BW ratings are dropping as much as this topic is claiming them to be, then, probably, executives and writers both are right now scrambling around like Dodrios to come up with something for Gen 6 that will keep the Pokemon anime boat afloat.

I don't know how the production schedule for Pokemon turns around, but think that there is no longer time for writers and execs to have a patient sit down and think about what might be interesting and practical for X and Y.

If they are in a mad hurry to write new episodes, they might either: stick to the plan, and we'll see Ash turn ten and head off to a new region to become a Pokemon Master in October. Or, they might come up with something wildly novel and attention-grabbing, but probably not very well thought through (as Dogasu is complaining about Episode N).
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Rainmaker

And so it continues !
    帰りたくなったよ!!

Blog Entries

There's lots of things I could call the writers out on, fanservice isn't really one of them. They tend to ignore the fans more than anything. I think the writing is pretty good, sloppy but good. It is just a cartoon after all, it's not a Shakespeare play. I don't expect too much of it these days.
    SammyW27 and YamiiDenryuu like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    There's lots of things I could call the writers out on, fanservice isn't really one of them. They tend to ignore the fans more than anything. I think the writing is pretty good, sloppy but good. It is just a cartoon after all, it's not a Shakespeare play. I don't expect too much of it these days.
    Shakespeare plays were ludicrously Hamitastic actually. I can't stand the slop right now. It feels kinda gimicky to me.
    Magenta Fantasies likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by podin View Post
    And so it continues !
    Just like Saikou Everyday in DP or Glory Day in AG? Showing older characters and Pokemon, really gimmicky.

They're definitely trying to bring in more popular attention (and money) based on who they're hiring. For example, Ikimonogakari is prominent in the Japanese pop-rock scene, and they're doing the "Egao" song.

Additionally, ex-AKB48 member Maeda Atsuko is narrating the Pikachu/Eevee short. For those who don't know, AKB48 is HUGE in Japan. Like, over 1 million copies sold per single. Maeda was the center #1 girl, and naturally she has a lot of hardcore fans who will go wherever she does. Trust me when I say they're hardcore, I'm a crazy AKB fan myself. Many "Acchan" fans will probably pay to see the short/buy the DVD just because it has her voice. Seriously...

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni Sakaki View Post
    they might come up with something wildly novel and attention-grabbing, but probably not very well thought through
    Heck, that pretty much describes the Pokémon Anime in a nutshell!
    FANG-TAN and Bubble Frog like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    Shakespeare plays were ludicrously Hamitastic actually. I can't stand the slop right now. It feels kinda gimicky to me.
    I don't know what 'hamitastic' means and Google wasn't very helpful :I

I wouldn't say it was slop. I'd take it over DP plots, any day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    I don't know what 'hamitastic' means and Google wasn't very helpful :I

I wouldn't say it was slop. I'd take it over DP plots, any day.
    By the slop I mean the sloppyness and by hamtastic I mean hammy rambunctious and lacky in subtlety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Quote Originally Posted by Mooites View Post
    Additionally, ex-AKB48 member Maeda Atsuko is narrating the Pikachu/Eevee short. For those who don't know, AKB48 is HUGE in Japan. Like, over 1 million copies sold per single. Maeda was the center #1 girl, and naturally she has a lot of hardcore fans who will go wherever she does. Trust me when I say they're hardcore, I'm a crazy AKB fan myself. Many "Acchan" fans will probably pay to see the short/buy the DVD just because it has her voice. Seriously...
    All the movies have big-name celebrities stunt cast.
    So.

Well, their rating trap worked on me. Seriously. I got sucked back in faster than dust into a vacuum cleaner. A working one though
    Magenta Fantasies likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The ending is terrible fanservice. Especially considering none of those characters will probably get an episode again other than Tracey, and even then he hasn't had a speaking role since like 2006.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast