...because it sure does feel like desperation to me. In just the last half a year or so:
- The show went from being called Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! to Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Season 2, complete with a new poster and opening theme.
- Hikari and Pochama came back for a number of episodes.
- Shirona also came back and assisted in the big Rocket-Dan plotline instead of Adeku.
- The Rocket-Dan had a highly publicized "final battle" and then had a somewhat hyped up "comeback" all within the space of three months.
- The show went from being called Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Season 2 to Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Season 2 Episode N and finally brought N and the Plasma-Dan to the TV series. Also, new poster and opening theme.
- Satoshi's Lizardon is being brought back, randomly.
- Takeshi and Kasumi are showing up in the Lizardon episode (there's a 99% chance they'll just be in flashbacks, but still).
- Myuutwo's coming back and will fight Genosect in this summer's movie.
- The show will probably get yet another title change after Episode N ends.
- The last two ending themes have been done by girl groups in a very transparent attempt to try to cash in on the AKB fad going on right now.
So what gives? Why do you think the writers feel the need to keep giving us "big events" like these in order to keep our interest in the show? I don't want to be jaded enough to think that they're doing all this to distract us from the show's many, many problems, but it honestly feels like that to me sometimes.
What do you the rest of you think?