The Direction you wish the Series went? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Direction you wish the Series went?

Default Re: The Direction you wish the Series went?

pokemon fan 132;4622246]Not sure what do you mean, but Misty and Brock did things. They weren't central characters like Ash but they helped influence plot, had their own stories and contributed to anime and Ash growth as trainer back than in many ways helping him to deal with basics and how to develop his own style as trainer eventually.
    I'm talking about quests not being mentor/cheerleaders. That was okay back in Kanto, but in IS and in Johto where's the excuse?

There was no reason to replace Ash,Brock and Misty in Johto at all imo. They were still fresh, unexplored as characters and proven to be highly successful and popular among fans.
    I'm talking about as far as I would have liked the direction of where the series could have gone. And they are both still unexplored till this day. So I don't know what you're talking about.

I think you misunderstood, Misty story and goals weren't dependent on games so whether she had something to compete in actively depended solely on writers.
    I'm not going to go into a vault with you on Misty. I've watched all of OS and Johto as well and her pokemon where at times unbareable seeing as though she really used them.

There was definitely room for this while cutting down effectively on fillers.
    It's too bad that they didn't or Johto would have been much better in most people's eyes.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I'm talking about quests not being mentor/cheerleaders. That was okay back in Kanto, but in IS and in Johto where's the excuse?
    They had quests of becoming top breeder and water master. There were several episodes focusing on Misty or Brock past and family,where they bond with pokemon learning new things as trainer. There were episodes dealing with their goals battling various trainers(mostly i Misty case)or entering tournament and events like Whirl Cup. Along with contributing to resolution of plots multiple times like stopping pokemon from seeding destruction and rampage, helping other trainers about their issues or influencing gym battles.

Both had quests and their stories, they just weren't focused on to same degree like it was case with May or Dawn.

Also to be fair Ash was still naive and inexperienced as trainer on good part in Orange and Johto with Brock and Misty helping him about strategies or mentoring him preventing to get himself into trouble. Such as when battling gym leaders like Danny and Rudy with Misty motivation speech allowing him to win,giving him advices of not using disobedient pokemon like Charizard causing him to lose against trainer with Poliwrath, helping him to prepare strategy for Whirl Cup, league when battling Gary or Macy etc.Or made sure to get him out of danger, provide moral support to go forward etc.

Not as much like in Kanto or Orange, but they still played role in his growth as trainer being at times reliant on their advices, help.

I'm talking about as far as I would have liked the direction of where the series could have gone. And they are both still unexplored till this day. So I don't know what you're talking about.
    My point was how keeping them for Johto allowed that both get more fleshed out as characters and receive some valuable development. While ill agree how there are things left unexplored about them not being done as much as could've been it still had each character gain something out of it.

If they left right after Kanto they wouldn't receive any growth, barely any of their background and plots would be explored ending underdeveloped like Tracey.

But to each their own. Personally i didn't mind this two staying for Johto, not being their fault that writers didn't knew back than how to properly handle long regions.

I'm not going to go into a vault with you on Misty. I've watched all of OS and Johto as well and her pokemon where at times unbareable seeing as though she really used them.
    Personally i found her Psyduck, Poliwhirl and Corsola to be interesting and good battlers. And while Staryu wasn't able to portray emotions i still liked his design, agility and strength being highly resistant and versatile fighter.

Though ill agree how some of them weren't given enough exposure and focus to shine, ad some of them ended badly neglected like poor Goldeen.

In end while i respect your opinion, there are some things i anted to address i don't agree with. Nothing else.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

If you guys want to talk about how Brock and Misty were handled in the show, make sure it's relevant to the thread at hand. If you want to get into a long discussion about this, use the debate threads.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/did-you-like-misty-kasumis-role-show-109380/
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/did-you-like-brock-takeshis-role-show-126821/
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

I'd have liked them to run out of money after episode 24, and the rest of the series would have to be a few storyboards and half-finished animation. Then, a year later, they release a movie to theaters that ends the series, where everyone gets hugged and turned to tang.

...wait, wrong anime.

Seriously? I'd have preferred it to feel more like the manga. A new cast every region, with the former cast regarded as "Masters." For example, Ash's adventure would've ended with him becoming a master in Kanto, he'd get with Misty, Brock would be a famous breeder...and then, when Johto started, introduce a new cast, with Ash maybe being a mentor figure or a legend who the new cast occasionally runs into. Imagine ALL the issues this would solve...

Quote Originally Posted by RememberingGOODPokemon View Post

2. Wish the Kanto/Johto Leagues were given better results than T16.
    He got T8 in Johto. XD.

They could have dropped Ash at the end of Johto if it were written a little better and he won the league. That's if the original series was planned to end the series back then and get rid of everyone. AG could have been about Brendan and May and been a true fresh start with a new cast.

Ash ending at the end of AG wouldn't have been as interesting, since he would have to become a Frontier Brain if AG was the end. Its not Ash's style to stay in one place, so that's why I'm glad AG wasn't the end for him.

DP could have very well been the finale of the series, assuming they let Ash win the league and challenge the Sinnoh Elite 4. There was a lot of build up back then that you could have believed it to happen too.

Best Wishes will hopefully be the finale for Team Rocket, but god knows what will happen with Ash toward the end. I'd love to see him re-enter the Indigo League and just battle with all his older pokemon against the Kanto Elite 4 + Cynthia after he wins.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    They could have dropped Ash at the end of Johto if it were written a little better and he won the league. That's if the original series was planned to end the series back then and get rid of everyone. AG could have been about Brendan and May and been a true fresh start with a new cast.

Ash ending at the end of AG wouldn't have been as interesting, since he would have to become a Frontier Brain if AG was the end. Its not Ash's style to stay in one place, so that's why I'm glad AG wasn't the end for him.
    Starting off AG with a fresh new cast could have worked. Trying that out in either AG or in Johto are the only times where I think something like that could have worked. He could have just continued on after AG to a different region and still not become a Frontier Brain. They would have just focused on a different main character instead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    DP could have very well been the finale of the series, assuming they let Ash win the league and challenge the Sinnoh Elite 4. There was a lot of build up back then that you could have believed it to happen too.
    There wasn't much of any build up for Ash to challenge the Sinnoh Elite 4. He met them all and the Champion over the course of the series, but I never took that as a way of the writers building up for Ash to face them at the end. I actually thought that he had a chance of winning the League, but that was primarily because of his skills as a trainer being at their peak and the rivalry with Paul getting so much focus that the idea of the two of them actually facing in the final round sounded believable. He wouldn't have been able to defeat any of the Elite 4, even with his older Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    Best Wishes will hopefully be the finale for Team Rocket, but god knows what will happen with Ash toward the end. I'd love to see him re-enter the Indigo League and just battle with all his older pokemon against the Kanto Elite 4 + Cynthia after he wins.
    Even if he does re-enter the Indigo League, I don't see why he would battle Cynthia instead of Lance, assuming that he could actually defeat the Kanto Elite 4 members. Chances are excellent that he'll continue onto the next region though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

If you were one of the main anime writers, things would've stayed awesome, IMO. I pretty much agree with all of this.

I kind of wished Ash's league rank was abit more better than it was if they were never going to let him win a league.

For example,

Kanto: Top 16

Johto: Top 8

Hoenn: Top 6

Sinnoh: Top 4. Duh!

Unova: Top 2. If only he had the pokemon to mount this.

Then maybe in the XY region he could have actually won for a change. This way it would have seemed like he was progressing in some sort of way and not seem like he is going backwards.

I know i've delved into some of this stuff before, but still:

1. I wouldn't have had Iris be so condescending towards Ash for so long, if at all

2. I wouldn't have had Ash's past be told to Iris and Cilan off screen and then have them be virtually "so what?" about (for example, i would have made it so that Iris and Cilan would be genuinely shocked by the fact that Ash had been 5 regions already and had Pokemon like Charizard, Bayleaf, Sceptile, Infernape and Torterra)

3. I wouldn't have Ash's rivals be so condescending and still beat him in battles

I would have moved Ash up in the BW league, not go backwards. Given his rivals a good send off, give Dento more screen time, whats the guy done to deserve this? Iris is supposed to be a sidekick like Dento, why is she getting so much attention? I understood Dawn and May but Iris and Dento should be treated the same. Dragonite stealing all the fun due to it being soo popular??Remember when Axew was Iris first Pokemon and we all thought it'd be doing things to achive its dream, if it was gone I'm sure a lot of fans wouldn't even notice. Would have had Ash win freakin tournaments, tell me what was so important about having him lose all these tournaments we were given? That was horrible to watch in my opinion, I understand him not having to win them all but not even being able to win one? Were the writers on crack when thinking up this horrible idea? I would have had Ash be like his D/P self, no reset next series please. I'd have had Team Rocket Trio be a mix of comical and be serious, oh well at least they are trying with Meowth, seems they forgot how to write Jessie and James =/

Over all, I think even fans could have done a better job on BW than the writers but who knows. Some would have brought Misty or older characters back, me myself would have loved Dawn to stay apart of the main cast but hey.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567