The Direction you wish the Series went? - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: The Direction you wish the Series went?

Default Re: The Direction you wish the Series went?

1. Team Rocket should have been more serious from the start. I found it annoying about how easy it was to predict half the episode before it started.

2. Wish the Kanto/Johto Leagues were given better results than T16.

3. I would have liked to have seen Barry and Paul continue into Unova. I liked how Ash had a rival that was his counterpart and then also someone who resembled him too.

4. Misty should have continued at least into Hoenn. She is obviously the most liked out of the four female main characters.

5. I personally didn't like Hoenn that much. It's my least favorite region so I would have to say that besides most of Ash's pokemon evolving (or all can't really remember) I would have liked to see a lot of things change. I noticed this was the region where Ash started to learn lessons he already dealt with in Kanto.

6. Ash's appearance in Unova makes it look like he got younger. At the end of DP you could make him out up to a 15 year old possibly. In Unova I look at him as a 10 year old for sure. Sooo basically the age thing everyone talks about for this point.

7. Brock's departure from the show could have been handled better.

8. Dawn (along with Misty) should have gotten another region to travel in. Not sure if the Contests battles were really unpopular or something but Dawn still was a good part of the group.

*9* MY BIGGEST CHANGE! I would like to see Ash go into a battle with a strategy from the start. It seems like every battle he starts off with a regular attack, then has to try and stop his opposition's strategy and then he figures something out. I've always felt like his rival in his respected region always outsmarts him for 90% of the match, but that 10% Ash outsmarts his rival, Ash somewho will get the win half those matches.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RememberingGOODPokemon View Post
    4. Misty should have continued at least into Hoenn. She is obviously the most liked out of the four female main characters.
    Whatever gave you this impression? She's no more popular than the girls who came after her, which is why the writers didn't bring her character back after Johto in the first place. In fact it was the poor reception of the Johto arc in its original run that caused the writers to abandon the original trio in the first place. May was also more popular than Misty thoughout most of AG's run in its original airdates.

8. Dawn (along with Misty) should have gotten another region to travel in. Not sure if the Contests battles were really unpopular or something but Dawn still was a good part of the group.
    Why would you expect them to continue Contests when they're not in the new games?

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Whatever gave you this impression? She's no more popular than the girls who came after her, which is why the writers didn't bring her character back after Johto in the first place. In fact it was the poor reception of the Johto arc in its original run that caused the writers to abandon the original trio in the first place. May was also more popular than Misty thoughout most of AG's run in its original airdates.
    Its more other way around. Judging by fan reactions on both characters looking back and nowadays, demand for return which is incomparably bigger in Misty case, polls, people i met in real life etc Misty always seemed to had slightly bigger following than other girls which came afterwards did.

Also reason why Misty wasn't returned to main cast is for same reason why May and Dawn weren't. It had nothing to do with how was certain saga received with writing quality having nothing to do with who is present in cast. But more with fact how due to advertizing purposes as well writers rather wanting to use new girl designs for fanservice purposes, new female companions are included instead. And until such trend remains no matter how well certain female companion was received, fame in itself isn't enough to warrant bringingi her back going by writer standards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Its more other way around. Judging by fan reactions on both characters looking back and nowadays, demand for return which is incomparably bigger in Misty case, polls, people i met in real life etc Misty always seemed to had slightly bigger following than other girls which came afterwards did.
    There are some people who only kept up with the beginning of the series and didn't continue with it long enough to get into the following arcs. It was always obvious that the writers never expected the same group of fans from the start to sit through a 16 year series.

Also reason why Misty wasn't returned to main cast is for same reason why May and Dawn weren't. It had nothing to do with how was certain saga received with writing quality having nothing to do with who is present in cast. But more with fact how due to advertizing purposes as well writers rather wanting to use new girl designs for fanservice purposes, new female companions are included instead. And until such trend remains no matter how well certain female companion was received, fame in itself isn't enough to warrant bringingi her back going by writer standards.
    I would have agreed if Takeshi Shudo didn't flat-out confirm that Misty was dropped for the reason we both know. They could have easily kept Misty as long as Brock, even if they still brought in May and Dawn into the show, but they chose not to.

Blog Entries

There are some people who only kept up with the beginning of the series and didn't continue with it long enough to get into the following arcs. It was always obvious that the writers never expected the same group of fans from the start to sit through a 16 year series.
    Maybe so but popularity of previous characters like May and Misty haven't been diminished at all judging by what i see online with many of today fans of said characters being from younger generations which grew up with pokemon during AG and DP era.

I would have agreed if Takeshi Shudo didn't flat-out confirm that Misty was dropped for the reason we both know. They could have easily kept Misty as long as Brock, even if they still brought in May and Dawn into the show, but they chose not to.
    We only know why was Misty removed, being direct consequence of drop of ratings in mid Johto with ex head writer finding how its time to change some things up basing his decision on who is going to leave on role someone played and personal preference(explaining why was TR kept).
    But this in no way proves how Shudo motives behind decision were main reason behind Misty not coming back to cast in future years afterwards, especially when other writers took his place from mid Johto and afterwards.

Flat out confirmation from ex pokemon director Msasamitsu Hidaka of girls being replaced constantly to test new drawings Ken Sugimori comes up with for "eyecandy" purposes only confirmed which many suspected for years, being main reason why Misty didn't returned.
    There was no reason why they couldn't reuse her at some point in later saga and rework her role with mostly positive fan reception about character being among most popular ones displaying how it might be worth a try, but i think we all know what was main reason why such thing never came in consideration.

Otherwise how to explain May and Dawn removal not being brought back? Especially when sagas they originated from didn't had as much controversy like Johto arc did.

Quote Originally Posted by dino97 View Post
    1) Ash should have won his first Gym Badges at Kanto normally. Out of the five first, the four where given to him for several chores, and the remaining one was given to him by winning a forced excuse battle.
    I hate to cut in but I just had to reply to this......

Ash winning against Brock with a new untrained Pikachu and a weak Pigeotto wouldn't have gotten him the badge the first time. I don't know why the writers couldn't have let him beat Misty though, seeing as though that battle was more better than the first one.

2) Ash's Kanto quest should have lasted more episodes, with less fillers present.Team Rocket should have been more important to the plot, and it was inacceptable that they didn't write all the Silph Co ruckus in.
    Considering that Misty and Brock had nothing to do while it was basically Ash with no brain wouldn't have made the saga any better if it had more episodes. And less fillers? I wonder how that would have happened?

) They could have given us a better Kanto League, and a bigger-in-length-and-less-fillerish Orange Islands saga. ALSO, give Ash his snorlax back at that Kanto filler instead of OI.
    Considering that he didn't really train all that well for it in the first place with using the samde pokemon over and over along with Charizard's problem wouldn't have really worked.

4) Rewrtite the first two seasons of Johto FROM SCRATCH! introduce Silver and give him an important role in the Team Rocket and Papa arcs, integrate the Legend of Thunder into the main plot and much much more...
    This. How about give them a whole new cast? Bring Jimmy, Marina and Silver in for all I care. Anything would have been better than what it was.

5) Evolve Ash' Cyndaquil somewhere in Johto!
    Sure. Just add Totodile into that mix as well and his pokemone would have been atleast been more balanced in terms of strength maybe.

6) Give Misty more competing time (tournaments, beauty contests, something...)
    When she was on, there wasn't really anything for her to do. Water pokemon is cool but hers was boring time after time before Johto.

8) Don't force us into believing that May always gets her fifth Ribbon at the region's very last Contest!
    Well she could have got it after Ash's league but that would have dragged the show out too long.

9) Make KANTO Battle Frontier Arc a KANTO arc. Instead of showcasing Kanto Pokemon in 10 fillers right before May's first Contest, show us Pewter/Cerulean/Vermilion Cities with Gym Leaders and Kanto Pokemon Teams! Instead of holding May's 4 outta 5 Contests in anime-only places, make them Kanto cities and show up things like Celadon Dept. Store, Safari Zone, Cycling Road and Seafoam Islands. You do not have to make it Brain-Filler-Contest-Filler-Brain-Deoxys Arc-Contest-Filler-Brain-Celebi Arc-Contest-Pewter Arc-Grand Festival.....
    How about an arc about the actual BATTLE FRONTIER CITY instead.

12) Remove the 4 fillers at the start of Battle Dimension
    13) Remove the Pokemon Summer Academy
    14) Remove the Twinleaf Festival
    So basically remove all fillers?

15) MOST IMPORTANT: Give us a Full-FLedged Johto Battle Frontier Arc! 5 Brains. 5 Contests, close TR/JJM's story once and for all (and strip them off BW). Give Ash victory over Palmer, Dawn victory off Zoey and close up Dawn/Brock.
    I don't think I could take Dawn anymore with a Johto filler arc unless Lyra was going to be there or someone to take the screen away from her a bit. Plus Ash didn't need to do a frontier the second time around. And as for as Dawn and Zoey, if Ash wasn't going to beat a game shark legendary shifter in his competition, I doubt they would have let Dawn wins against the red head.

18) DON'T give Ash 5 Pokemon in 7 episodes!
    True. But I don't mind the seven pokemon for a change.

20) Give Ash Sandile at BW020, not BW065!
    I would have rather he didn't catch it and have it be Pikachu's rivals throughout the series instead.

24) Everything was going normal with Trip until BW031... Then comes the Club Battle... Trip is ruined forever, more and more in each tournament... STOP IT!
    Hmm, I though it was ruined before that but sure.

25)Give Trip an 6v6 Battle!
    Sure but then what's the point for the point for the post above?

28) Give Iris the Deino!
    To do what?

30) Dawn's Cameo...
    Her cameo was just as normal as Misty's. It's just that in the Junior Cup against Iris instead of a musical maybe wouldn't have been the best idea.

31) Cameron...
    Equals Nutty Tobais really. And here I thought people loved him.

32) Unova League...
    Which had sucked before it even started.

34) Tracey........................................
    If they would have given him something more to do than what Brock did besides his skin color than maybe he would have been better.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 21st February 2013 at 11:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post

Considering that Misty and Brock had nothing to do while it was basically Ash with no brain wouldn't have made the saga any better if it had more episodes. And less fillers? I wonder how that would have happened?
    Not sure what do you mean, but Misty and Brock did things. They weren't central characters like Ash but they helped influence plot, had their own stories and contributed to anime and Ash growth as trainer back than in many ways helping him to deal with basics and how to develop his own style as trainer eventually.

This. How about give them a whole new cast? Bring Jimmy and Marina in and Silver for all I care. Anything would have been better than what it was.
    There was no reason to replace Ash,Brock and Misty in Johto at all imo. They were still fresh, unexplored as characters and proven to be highly successful and popular among fans.

Main issue within Johto wasn't in who was in cast, but in writers lack of vision to take things forward after their main plot GS ball was dropped starting to resort to fillers, until they pick themselves up and come up with way to make series more plot based again with Master Quest and onwards.
    Whoever was in cast instead of them saga wouldn't be any different with current writing which took place back than.

When she was on, there wasn't really anything for her to do. Water pokemon is cool but hers was boring time after time before Johto.
    I think you misunderstood, Misty story and goals weren't dependent on games so whether she had something to compete in actively depended solely on writers.
    Misty goal of becoming water master was anime exclusive making easier for writers to create them at any place and at any point considering how they are anime exclusive events depending solely on them in what number they will be created. As opposite to game quests which dictate in what way competition is going to be planned ahead and structured.

We could have see expansion on her master career breaking new grounds beside Whirl Cup exploring various concepts of battling such as chain on water basded events, underwater battles, on dry surface or races, which could aside from gyms provide fresh outlet and extra flavor to series making series overall even better. Along with giving her more water types from 2nd generation and rival like they did for Iris or Cilan. There was definitely room for this while cutting down effectively on fillers.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The saddest thing is that I really feel like the creators of the anime in Japan have been dragging Pokemon on too long. It's not nostalgia at this point that's made it fairly apparent older fans who started from Indigo (like me) are almost all weeded out for different reasons. Now, I'm happy for newer fans and children, but we older fans are the fans who stuck with Pokemon through its darkest hours, and to do what the dubbers and writers in Japan have been doing over the years, is very disappointing for a lot of us to watch.

You know, I wish Pokemon grew with us, just keeping some variety. Though, not to the extent of replacing core cast members, slapstick humor, emotional moments, or voice actors, and not really changing the plot or ideas presented.

Contests in AG and DP were a new thing to bring to the table, seemed fresh, and I did enjoy them, and things like these are welcome changes and help promote more growth. Gave us some more variety as opposed to the same "8 badges, League, lose, rinse and repeat" formula this show has continued to use time and again.

To be blunt, the anime has changed in ways that I find make it worse, but not changed at all in its core plot, which is something I would've liked to see change.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post
    The saddest thing is that I really feel like the creators of the anime in Japan have been dragging Pokemon on too long. It's not nostalgia at this point that's made it fairly apparent older fans who started from Indigo (like me) are almost all weeded out for different reasons. Now, I'm happy for newer fans and children, but we older fans are the fans who stuck with Pokemon through its darkest hours, and to do what the dubbers and writers in Japan have been doing over the years, is very disappointing for a lot of us to watch.

You know, I wish Pokemon grew with us, just keeping some variety. but not to the extent of replacing core cast members or voice actors, and not really changing the plot or ideas presented.

Contests in AG and DP were a new thing to bring to the table, seemed fresh, and I did enjoy them, and things like these are welcome changes and help promote more growth. Gave us some more variety as opposed to the same "8 badges, League, lose, rinse and repeat" formula this show has continued to use time and again.

To be blunt, the anime has changed in ways that I find make it worse, but not changed at all in its core plot, which is something I would've liked to see change.
    Yes, they have. My problem is not so much the length, but the fact that it's going nowhere. He's not any closer to his goal than he was in EP001.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stickerstaryoshi View Post

You know, I wish Pokemon grew with us, just keeping some variety. but not to the extent of replacing core cast members or voice actors, and not really changing the plot or ideas presented.

Yes, they have. My problem is not so much the length, but the fact that it's going nowhere. He's not any closer to his goal than he was in EP001.
    Exactly. It feels like the show is in an endless loop now.

Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Not to mention nothing more than a marketing tool these days. It's mostly just copy and paste from the games in anime form these days..

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Not to mention nothing more than a marketing tool these days. It's mostly just copy and paste from the games in anime form these days..
    It feels like a lot of the genuine effort to distinguish it from other cartoons has been lost entirely. There's nothing really special about it these days. :(

Blog Entries

It feels like a lot of the genuine effort to distinguish it from other cartoons has been lost entirely. There's nothing really special about it these days. :(
    No, there isn't. It's too bad, too, because the Pokemon universe has so much potential...

Blog Entries

You know, I wish Pokemon grew with us, just keeping some variety. Though, not to the extent of replacing core cast members, slapstick humor, emotional moments, or voice actors, and not really changing the plot or ideas presented.

Honestly I agree with everything you said. But unless Ash is finally dropped nothing can change.

As I would say, "the damage has already been done." The show has gone on too long with the same character but you can't change history.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Honestly I agree with everything you said. But unless Ash is finally dropped nothing can change.

As I would say, "the damage has already been done." The show has gone on too long with the same character but you can't change history.
    Yeah, I agree with you completely as well. That's really the best way to put it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast