The Direction you wish the Series went? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Direction you wish the Series went?

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Direction you wish the Series went?

Quote Originally Posted by rubyy View Post
    9) Ash's unova companions didnt make fun of him so much, and well i wish they just weren't awful. would anyone really care if one episode a gengar just came up and skidnapped them in there sleep. they arent even comparable with brock and misty
    10) misty comes back. she has to watch the gym untill her sisters come back but honestly its been 5 seasons since her sisters left on the tour, they should have it so they comeback and then ash misty and maybe one new companion go to the next region
    I would like to see Misty and Brock come back for one more time too.
    Having first group reunited for one last adventure before grand finale would be nice way to wrap up long lasting show like pokemon with things coming full circle.
    This would also provide opportunity to see writers tying up some loose ends going for them being given some character development.I feel it would be more refreshing if we would see older companions updated developing those who already have potential to grow more . With Misty half of things going for her were left open giving writers room to do many fresh and interesting things now that they improved.

It would be also interesting for a change to see how would Ash interact with older and more mature friends nowadays with Misty and Brock already knowing him for a long time. With new companions we can't experience such dynamic since they are just starting to get know Ash and each other.

Not just with them, but with about any older group really.

Misty's sisters have been back as early as the second Misty special, which took place in very early Hoenn. They simply have no interest in being Gym leaders anymore, and Misty likes staying at the Gym and considers herself the leader now according to her dialogue in her AG appearances. There's no reason to ever expect her to start traveling again, especially not with Ash. And it hasn't been, "5 seasons," its been 10 ENTIRE years.
    Misty never said how "she likes being at gym and considers this her new calling" in AG appearances.
    She returned to gym only because she was left without a choice at end of Johto and later through chronicles it was revealed how main reason behind running gym is out of necessity due to incompetent sisters, not having anyone to rely on and leave gym to his hands.

Unlike its case with Brock or Gary who blatantly changed their carers with Misty writers left things unclear not knowing if she still wants to become water master or not. Judging by reaction in "Gotta Catch Ya Later" and in chronicles they made it rather obvious how she never gave up from her original goal.

Personally i agree with above poster about Misty coming back to cast for awhile(for season or two). That would be certainly unexpected twist and interesting to see, and since many gym leaders like Wallace, Fantina, Cilan etc travel to advance their skills and since Misty wanted to become best water trainer it would make sense if she left on journey, to improve and develop her skills. It would be intriguing to see her go on journey advancing career of becoming water master entering water based events and catching new pokemon bringing that certain charm and fun dynamic she brought to cast. Or we could see her on venture of becoming E4(equivalent to best water trainer basically)trying to pass tests to prove herself to evaluators.

If her sisters become more responsible, or someone else is find as substitute i could see Misty follow Wallace and many other trainers footsteps.

I would definitely give her chance in main series again, if by some miracle writers ever return her.

Reviving a thread? Sorry, but I just wanted to share my thoughts.

1: Giving older characters proper closure, letting them meet their goals, and actually WRITING decent endings for them (Misty, Brock, May, Max, Dawn). I'm looking at you, TPC JPN.
    2: Let 4Kids continue their work on the English dub, for the sake of keeping the original voice actors, dub script writers, and those kickass intros/dub music.
    3: More sad stories and more POKEMON bonding with trainers; less, bland battles, and more outside-the-box stuff showing the true bond between trainer and Pokemon. More about the POKEMON, and less about the human characters' battles.
    4: More emotional moments.
    5: More emotional goodbyes.
    6: No robotic BW TRio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBa13p1xH0

"Resistance is futile!" --Jessie

7: No putting characters to the side in favor of others to an extreme degree (DP Brock).
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 5th February 2013 at 01:28 PM.

1. Honestly, let 4kids continue the voice work up until Unova.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthbane2007 View Post
    Or if anything, they should have at least let them finish AG. The change happening in the middle of a saga was also a problem. If they waited until DP started or so it would have been a new series to start off with new voices.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthbane2007 View Post
    Or if anything, they should have at least let them finish AG. The change happening in the middle of a saga was also a problem. If they waited until DP started or so it would have been a new series to start off with new voices.
    At least AG. Definitely. That would've been a neat transition point.

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post
    Agreed, its a shame that when 4kids renewed their contract after Johto they only did it for 3 more seasons, instead of 4...which would have covered Battle Frontier.

I guess perhaps they thought the Hoenn era would be 3 seasons like Johto was, (and they were right about that), but they didn't know there would be an extra year covering a shorter filler arc.

Agreed, its a shame that when 4kids renewed their contract after Johto they only did it for 3 more seasons, instead of 4...which would have covered Battle Frontier.

I guess perhaps they thought the Hoenn era would be 3 seasons like Johto was, (and they were right about that), but they didn't know there would be an extra year covering a shorter filler arc.
    Exactly: it's truly a shame. At least if it started with the DP Series, the VA switch would've also made sense in terms of continuity as well. What I mean is, since the characters generally sound a lot older/wiser, so it would make sense for the voices to change as the characters grew older. Unova, however, makes me cringe at the thought of Ash STILL being 10. Don't get me wrong, Mrs. Natochenny did learn how to pull off a 10-year old boy voice well, but the JPN writers really ruin the continuity of this series.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money marioluigifan05's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow marioluigifan05 On Twitter Add marioluigifan05 on Facebook Add marioluigifan05 on Google+ Add marioluigifan05 on MySpace
    Add marioluigifan05 on Linkedin Follow marioluigifan05 on Tumblr Follow marioluigifan05 on Flickr Visit marioluigifan05's Youtube Channel

Change what needs to be changed (plot, development, etc.), but leave other things as is (characters (others can be introduced but not as replacements), outfits, old voices, etc.)
    Don't abandon any character in favor of others *coughDPBrockcough*
    More creative plots and not copy and paste from the games, and no generic settings, either.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

While 4Kids dubbing the rest of AG would have been nice, I would have been okay with TPCI taking over dubbing with the 4Kids cast instead of letting 4Kids having the series longer. It isn't so much of an issue with the edits they had for their dub, although they did have a few of those, but rather I think that after the whole legal situation over the Yu-Gi-Oh! license last year, it was for the best that 4Kids doesn't have control over the Pokemon series anymore.

I also would have preferred for them to continue on with a female co-star instead of going back to being a female sidekick. Team Rocket having more of a balance to being serious, yet still having their personalities, in BW would have been a good direction to handle them in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    While 4Kids dubbing the rest of AG would have been nice, I would have been okay with TPCI taking over dubbing with the 4Kids cast instead of letting 4Kids having the series longer. It isn't so much of an issue with the edits they had for their dub, although they did have a few of those, but rather I think that after the whole legal situation over the Yu-Gi-Oh! license last year, it was for the best that 4Kids doesn't have control over the Pokemon series anymore.

I also would have preferred for them to continue on with a female co-star instead of going back to being a female sidekick. Team Rocket having more of a balance to being serious, yet still having their personalities, in BW would have been a good direction to handle them in this series.
    I think most of the problems with 4Kids can be traced to 1) the FCC, and 2) Al Kahn.

Probably the best of both worlds in this case would've been TPCi taking over the dub, but retaining the 4Kids dub cast and people who sang openings like David Rolfe. TPCi brought back Manny Corallo and John Loeffler, but they haven't been doing as good w/the dub music as they were back in the 4Kids dub. It's weird.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I think most of the problems with 4Kids can be traced to 1) the FCC, and 2) Al Kahn.
    Those problems most likely would have continued on had 4Kids kept the series and then moved it to their Saturday morning block after Kids' WB didn't want to air the series anymore. I think that FOX had less strict restrictions, but there would still be more edits had the series not move to Cartoon Network. I could have easily seen them throwing in a couple of lines to imply that both Hunter J and Cyrus somehow survived in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku
    Probably the best of both worlds in this case would've been TPCi taking over the dub, but retaining the 4Kids dub cast and people who sang openings like David Rolfe. TPCi brought back Manny Corallo and John Loeffler, but they haven't been doing as good w/the dub music as they were back in the 4Kids dub. It's weird.
    Yeah, that definitely would have been better, although most of the singers TPCI have used have been okay for me. It's the songs themselves that are rather hit or miss for me.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money marioluigifan05's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow marioluigifan05 On Twitter Add marioluigifan05 on Facebook Add marioluigifan05 on Google+ Add marioluigifan05 on MySpace
    Add marioluigifan05 on Linkedin Follow marioluigifan05 on Tumblr Follow marioluigifan05 on Flickr Visit marioluigifan05's Youtube Channel

Exactly: it's truly a shame. At least if it started with the DP Series, the VA switch would've also made sense in terms of continuity as well. What I mean is, since the characters generally sound a lot older/wiser, so it would make sense for the voices to change as the characters grew older. Unova, however, makes me cringe at the thought of Ash STILL being 10. Don't get me wrong, Mrs. Natochenny did learn how to pull off a 10-year old boy voice well, but the JPN writers really ruin the continuity of this series.
    Sarah's voice would sound more fitting if Ash wasn't 10.

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

1) Ash should have won his first Gym Badges at Kanto normally. Out of the five first, the four where given to him for several chores, and the remaining one was given to him by winning a forced excuse battle.
    2) Ash's Kanto quest should have lasted more episodes, with less fillers present.Team Rocket should have been more important to the plot, and it was inacceptable that they didn't write all the Silph Co ruckus in.
    3) They could have given us a better Kanto League, and a bigger-in-length-and-less-fillerish Orange Islands saga. ALSO, give Ash his snorlax back at that Kanto filler instead of OI.
    4) Rewrtite the first two seasons of Johto FROM SCRATCH! introduce Silver and give him an important role in the Team Rocket and Papa arcs, integrate the Legend of Thunder into the main plot and much much more...
    5) Evolve Ash' Cyndaquil somewhere in Johto!
    6) Give Misty more competing time (tournaments, beauty contests, something...)
    7) More Team Aqua/Magma episodes!
    8) Don't force us into believing that May always gets her fifth Ribbon at the region's very last Contest!
    9) Make KANTO Battle Frontier Arc a KANTO arc. Instead of showcasing Kanto Pokemon in 10 fillers right before May's first Contest, show us Pewter/Cerulean/Vermilion Cities with Gym Leaders and Kanto Pokemon Teams! Instead of holding May's 4 outta 5 Contests in anime-only places, make them Kanto cities and show up things like Celadon Dept. Store, Safari Zone, Cycling Road and Seafoam Islands. You do not have to make it Brain-Filler-Contest-Filler-Brain-Deoxys Arc-Contest-Filler-Brain-Celebi Arc-Contest-Pewter Arc-Grand Festival.....
    10) Okay, Ash catches Aipom... Okay, it was done to promote Sinnoh... NOT OKAY, they gave us 5 fillers about it!
    11) 3-part Eterna Forest arc, 3-part Tag Battle arc, 3 and 4-part Gym Leader arcs and YET NO UNDERGROUND ARC!
    12) Remove the 4 fillers at the start of Battle Dimension
    13) Remove the Pokemon Summer Academy
    14) Remove the Twinleaf Festival
    15) MOST IMPORTANT: Give us a Full-FLedged Johto Battle Frontier Arc! 5 Brains. 5 Contests, close TR/JJM's story once and for all (and strip them off BW). Give Ash victory over Palmer, Dawn victory off Zoey and close up Dawn/Brock.
    16) More wins for Torterra!
    17) CRAWDAUNT AND FLOATZEL!
    18) DON'T give Ash 5 Pokemon in 7 episodes!
    19) Don't give Ash a Pidove!
    20) Give Ash Sandile at BW020, not BW065!
    21) Enter Team Plasma from BW023 (I know, there were quakes, they could just air them exactly after all this is over)
    22) We got BWs longest gap between 3rd and 4th badge. In a supposedly desert area. We got tons of episodes in normal countryside. WE GOT NO DESERT RESORT!
    23) Route 5 and Dritveil Drawbridge aren't enough for you to write 10 fillers between 4th and 5th badges!
    24) Everything was going normal with Trip until BW031... Then comes the Club Battle... Trip is ruined forever, more and more in each tournament... STOP IT!
    25)Give Trip an 6v6 Battle!
    26) Stephan... Was it that smart to give Ash a 30-year-old obese rival acting like a 70-year-old?
    27) GIVE BURGUNDY A WIN!
    28) Give Iris the Deino!
    29) Junior Cup...
    30) Dawn's Cameo...
    31) Cameron...
    32) Unova League...
    33) Episode N...
    34) Tracey........................................

I guess I'm fine (though not still happy about) with the majority of Ash's Pokemon not evolving. But the thing that I'm still seriously pissed off about is how there was no Johto/Sinnoh Battle Frontier. Seriously, why make the DP series longer than previous main-game series? If they just shaved a season off the DP series (first season being about the trio adjusting to Sinnoh and aspiring their goals, second season mainly being about Galactic and stopping them, and third season being the wrap-up with Sinnoh gyms and taking on the Sinnoh League) and slapped on the last season being about Ash going to Johto and taking on the new Battle Frontier before the BW series started, then I would not have given up on the anime. They could have integrated parts of the second season into the first season and the other parts into the third season.

Oh and one more thing: I really wish the Team Rocket trio would have kept their black uniforms. I'm glad that they still kept their serious personalities despite changing back into their white uniforms but the trio still looked more epic and serious with black uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post

Oh and one more thing: I really wish the Team Rocket trio would have kept their black uniforms. I'm glad that they still kept their serious personalities despite changing back into their white uniforms but the trio still looked more epic and serious with black uniforms.
    I agree with this, but I assumed that they changed uniforms due to being demoted or something... But they almost act like they were promoted, due to their involvement in large operations. I'm glad they kept Team Rocket serious. Incompetent villains got very, very boring.

I'd have liked to have Team Rocket with more Pokemon in B/W, honestly. Maybe even have both Jessie and James have full teams of six Pokemon. Just so that the battles with them could be varied, and their operations seem more sinister.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast