The Direction you wish the Series went? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Direction you wish the Series went?

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Direction you wish the Series went?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I would have liked to see a clean slate with no older characters whatsoever when BW began. Dawn's cameo was rather disappointing so I'd rather she had just gotten 8 specials in Hoenn rather than 8 BW episodes of being background.
    I don't think she was background enjoying in her cameo personally. Its interesting that she battled all three characters from Bw group going from Cilan, to Iris in Junior Cup and now Ash.

If your going to return character for that many episodes, it to expect he wont be center of attention all the time, and at every moment. When being in cast Dawn sometime took backseat too.

The Johto seasons were such a chore that I wish the writers introduced Silver and did the major Giovanni storyline back there. It would have relieved us from those absolutely awful Johto fillers that we could not stand between Goldenrod City and the end of Chuck's Gym. I would have also had Ash meet Ho-oh back then.
    I would definitely replace some of fillers but not all enjoying in Misty or Brock focused episodes, or when older characters like Aya or Duplica returned.

I would probably also expand on whole Whirl Cup theme earlier introducing more competitions to develop Misty goal of water master, and there would be more focus on Brock too.
    Introduction of Silver would be cool too, and i would definitely do something with GS ball creating one big arc about Celebii in there.

And I don't understand why Ash even captured the Johto starters. What purpose did they serve? Either have them do something of value or I'd rather he never caught them at all.
    Agreed, i would have him still catch Cyndaquil and Chikorita but Totodile would probably go to Misty's instead. His Johto starters having to fight for screen time with Kanto ones didn't helped things either.

Speaking of direction through which series went i would probably keep Misty in main cast for at least one more region because she wasn't fleshed out enough having more to offer, and had rich personality bringing lot of humor, clash and fresh dynamic which would make cast even more entertaining imo(perhaps joining them for BF to advance her goals). Two girls in cast would be such an interesting concept to try out, but oh well.

Ash would definitely receive rival in Hoenn, being one of main down points imo there lacking someone who would bring tension and force him to push himself forward. And Steven would get more than one lame episode about Aggron.
    I would also probably change some of May contest battles which were rather unbelievable and deux ex like whole clash vs Dusclops with Skitty, or against Brock and there would be more focus on some lately introduced rivals like Harley.

In Sinnoh Reggie would probably be Brock rival if i was in charge considering he was breeder too which could lead to some fun development in there. Or Holly, with Brock obsession over girls getting in way of character growing forward. Now that would be interesting to see.

Oh and Ash would probably win Sinnoh league trying to challenge E4 not succeeding in process, forcing him to go on some special training trying to improve his flaws and what didn't worked in BW.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 28th August 2012 at 12:04 PM.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

- Hilda should be in BW instead of Iris, and when B2W2 comes around, Mei comes along/replaces her.

That's all I have for now.

Post Thanks / Like

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

I wish that after D&P they went back to the original team because when I re watch original episodes it just seemed more fun having Ash, Brock and Misty Together! They could of had Brock receive training from each Nurse Joy in Unova so he actually had a purpose of travelling with Ash! Lots of shows are based on more than just one character so there's no reason they couldn't have just made the series focus on all three characters, not just Ash! I feel like I want to know how past characters are doing, May and Dawn with their contests and I wanna see how Max is when he gets his first Pokemon! I feel like they've changed too many key elements from the series when they started Best Wishes!

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wish the anime was more like the games. There are lots of moments in the anime where they just outright break rules in the games, like Electric attacks working on Ground types, Normal/Ghost moves working on Ghost/Normal types, Counter countering special moves, Pokemon knowing moves they can't learn in the games, etc. I think the writing should've been better in the original series too, as there were some awful plotholes back then.

Post Thanks / Like

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    I wish the anime was more like the games. There are lots of moments in the anime where they just outright break rules in the games, like Electric attacks working on Ground types, Normal/Ghost moves working on Ghost/Normal types, Counter countering special moves, Pokemon knowing moves they can't learn in the games, etc. I think the writing should've been better in the original series too, as there were some awful plotholes back then.
    Wouldn't it be better be games to be more like the anime though? You could be so more creative with your teams and not have to worry about type match ups! In the anime the Elite Four often stick to one type of Pokemon and even when at a disadvantage they find it no problem so if anythin the game should be more like th anime!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ash should have a girlfriend by black and white

Post Thanks / Like

Hilda in BW forget Iris i hate her
    Evolve all his pokemon but pikachu
    i hate the fact his johto team was so underused and he spammed charizard too much
    also his unova team is kinda dissapointing i would have preferred he got one starter and get actual diverse teams like in sinnoh and hoenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Keep Iris as an recruning charter

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dlee13 View Post
    I wish that after D&P they went back to the original team because when I re watch original episodes it just seemed more fun having Ash, Brock and Misty Together! They could of had Brock receive training from each Nurse Joy in Unova so he actually had a purpose of travelling with Ash! Lots of shows are based on more than just one character so there's no reason they couldn't have just made the series focus on all three characters, not just Ash! I feel like I want to know how past characters are doing, May and Dawn with their contests and I wanna see how Max is when he gets his first Pokemon! I feel like they've changed too many key elements from the series when they started Best Wishes!
    For that to happen they would have to age ash. :(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G013M View Post
    - Hilda should be in BW instead of Iris, and when B2W2 comes around, Mei comes along/replaces her.

That's all I have for now.
    I agree about Hilda but I don't think replacing another girl with another one that looks almost the same but with pony tails will do any good. But nice try.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 11th September 2012 at 10:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Lady Marie♥ View Post
    For that to happen they would have to age ash. :(
    I'm surprised they haven't aged him, like they always say stuff like "The Silver Conference is 3 Months Away" which shows quite a bit of time passes through the series yet no one ages! Seems like he acts even younger now he's in Unova lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised they haven't aged him, like they always say stuff like "The Silver Conference is 3 Months Away" which shows quite a bit of time passes through the series yet no one ages! Seems like he acts even younger now he's in Unova lol.
    Lots of shows do that, not just pokemon. Why would it be surprising?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i liked everything up untill advanced when it started going a little down hill, but when it got to battle frontier i felt that the anime just wasnt the same. here are some changes i would have made

1) ash meets up with old companions from series other then brock (although i still think brock is great, although he didnt do all rock type pokemon after johto anymore)
    2) ash used some of his original pokemon in sinnoh and univa mostly because his team in those two series kind of suck.
    3) ash goes on a jorney to the next region with a gym leader or some other non compainon in the series. the one i had in mind is steven stone, since after all he is steven stone.
    4) ash finally wins a league!!! come on if hes gonna be the very best he should at least win something
    5) brock gets a girlfriend. come on he deserves it
    6) old rivals like gary oak are brought back into the series
    7) give officer jennie her original uniform back, come on that just looks silly
    8) make the themes song better. the older theme songs were amazing! then in battle frontier they were just sad and they have continued to dissapoint since
    9) Ash's unova companions didnt make fun of him so much, and well i wish they just weren't awful. would anyone really care if one episode a gengar just came up and skidnapped them in there sleep. they arent even comparable with brock and misty
    10) misty comes back. she has to watch the gym untill her sisters come back but honestly its been 5 seasons since her sisters left on the tour, they should have it so they comeback and then ash misty and maybe one new companion go to the next region

Find me on Serebii Forums Ash Ketchum!'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ash's Kingler, Tauros and Muk being involved in the show doing more than just brief cameos.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubyy View Post
    9) Ash's unova companions didnt make fun of him so much, and well i wish they just weren't awful. would anyone really care if one episode a gengar just came up and skidnapped them in there sleep. they arent even comparable with brock and misty
    While Iris isn't handled as well as she should have been, the BW trio overall is quite entertaining. I have no interest in sitting through the original trio again.

10) misty comes back. she has to watch the gym untill her sisters come back but honestly its been 5 seasons since her sisters left on the tour, they should have it so they comeback and then ash misty and maybe one new companion go to the next region
    Misty's sisters have been back as early as the second Misty special, which took place in very early Hoenn. They simply have no interest in being Gym leaders anymore, and Misty likes staying at the Gym and considers herself the leader now according to her dialogue in her AG appearances. There's no reason to ever expect her to start traveling again, especially not with Ash. And it hasn't been, "5 seasons," its been 10 ENTIRE years.

As for me, I definitely want Ash to win the league this time. I could deal with him losing the last 4 times but it's finally time to give him a big win.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 12th September 2012 at 11:39 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast