The Direction you wish the Series went? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Direction you wish the Series went?

Default Re: The Direction you wish the Series went?

=> I wanted Pokémon to end soon after Satoshi had won the Kanto League. So, maybe we could have seen in a episode, what is Satoshi's path after this :P ( training like "Red" in the game, visiting another region, teaching or nothing....). And of course, the future of Rocket-Dan, Takeshi the breeder (not doctor >.<) , Kasumi, Shigeru....
    And maybe, create Pokémon V2 with another hero =] (lol)
    But now, Pokémon have about 748 ep + HoSo + movies O_o . (Pokémon must be one of the animes with a lot of episodes Oo ( Doraemon (1780 ep), Shin Chan (828 ep) ...) It even beat One Piece, Detective Conan lol),
    Something impossible to watch for those who want to :/ (you need to find all the episodes and it must be difficult) . So people don't watch Kanto-Johto even Hoenn :P . Let's just start form DP (192 ep) + BW( 92 ep)
    I Just wanted the end !!!!! :'(
    Last edited by R&T; 29th July 2012 at 02:08 AM.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

There's one particular direction I wish the series would go, that could help improve it actually.

1. Replace Ash with a different protagonist each generation, and possibly have an older Ash mentor the new hero in some episodes, I know Ash is an important part of the series, but he's been used to the point where he's been juiced out of every possible character aspect, giving the anime a new protagonist will help keep the series fresh for newer viewers, and newer fans, when keeping the same old characters for so long just causes people to lose interest in the series more. You can only do so much with one character, and this is what has happened to Ash is that he's been used up for everything you can possibly do to him.
    2. Have each generation contain an ongoing plot, a climax, and a conclusion to that plot, rather than copy and paste storylines and simply limiting it to the hero getting Gym badges and entering the league, while all other game plot lines such as the villain team are limited to a bare minimum, if not at all (I'm looking at you Team Plasma), for instance, the hero is searching for his father, while running into obstacles such as the Gym Leaders and the villain team, and look into ways of overcoming those obstacles to reach his goal. Multi-part episodes can play a huge part in the series, often progressing detailed stories that can go on for a while, rather than the anime's usual formula of formulatic filler episode after filler episode, with an occasional two part episode here and there. And when you have a good and interesting story, you can bring in viewers to support the story, and keep them wondering what will happen next.
    3. Give both the human and Pokemon characters interesting personalities, to make the characters and storyline both engaging and memorable, the anime's main problem is that the characters have rather bland personalities, and many of them are easily forgettable, what's more is that the human characters always have more personality than the Pokemon characters, and the Pokemon are simply there, and tend to be used as soulless battle machines, when you give both human and Pokemon characters interesting personalities, you also get interesting and memorable characters that you will never forget.
    4. Villains that actually pose a threat to the heroes, such as a villain who wants to rid the world of Pokemon in order for humans to solve their own problems without the use of Pokemon, or one or more talking Pokemon who despises humanities use of Pokemon, and wants to overthrow and enslave humanity. When all we see in the anime is the same two Team Rocket members and Meowth, who anymore, are basically a trio of borderline harmless joke villains, and no other bad guys are to be seen, you know the series is in trouble. The anime needs more villains, and definitely more serious ones, better yet, why not a rotating cast of villains that changes each episode or so, such as Team *insert noun here* in one episode, and have another villain in the next episode, and sometimes have two villains team up and have them interact (and sometimes argue) with each other.
    5. Add interesting plot twists that can build up and have the viewers guessing, and foreshadow future events and comings, such as the heroes love interest being the daughter of the main villain for example. Unexpected events can also work as well, surprising the viewer of any given event that can progress the plot more, or just keep the viewers paying attention.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 29th July 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

My turn~

-Dawn winning the Grand Festival. That would have been really nice, and it bummed me out a lot how she lost...

-Ash to bring back some of his older pokemon, not only for leagues, but on a regular basis.

-Ash not to forget all of his skills. Come on, when Dawn came back, she used one of his methods that he came up with in the battle with Cilan. She had to remind him about that awesome defensive shield. It is sad to see him not use it anymore.

-Ash to have a decent rival. Hey, I like the rivals and all, but I hate how rude and annoying they all are. They all think that they are better, and Trip, he's lost in the first rounds of all the tournaments he and Ash were in....if he's so good, shouldn't he get at least a little further through it? Yeah, but I really don't like Trip that much....this is his first time as a Pokemon trainer, and Ash has been to so many different regions. Yet, Trip acts like he can tell Ash how to battle...so annoying ugh...

-Old people to come back! I loved it how the writers brought back Dawn, and I really liked it when they brought back May in DP. It'd be nice to bring back some other people too~

I think that's about it....

Some things that I like is:
    -The current pace of the series right now. Best Wishes started back in September 2010? I think..? and it's going by a lot faster than DP where the same Team Rocket blast offs kept occurring.

-I watch the older episodes everyday on TV. It's in Advanced Generation right now, and I really like how strong Ash's Swellow is. Around that time is when Ash started really connecting with his Pokemon, and he believed in his Swellow so much. It took so many direct hits with Thunderbolt and still continued. I want more of his Pokemon like that C:

Yupp~~

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here are couple of more:
    1:)I would stop with repetitive rinse and repeat cycle of Ash starting out gym quest, falling short from winning league starting all over again, with not much progression being made in long term in such way(aside from moving to higher place at league tournament). Instead i would take him forward going on bigger and better things doing build up on previously constructed storyline.

Pokemon master dream as whole is still relatively vague, but what we know is how it means becoming strongest trainer in world, with champion league being explained from Lucian as only one step which brigs you closer toward that title. So its not like there doesn't exist room to go forward with main protagonist after winning league, it just happens that writers hesitate to do such thing and try out something different.

Personally i wish writers have him win league for a change, challenge E4 and battle champion.Afterwards he could try out more challenging and harder quest than gyms are(similar to how BF was or World Cup recently),going forward with already molded and experienced trainer learning new things, adapting to new battling styles and growing until he becomes good enough to go on some sort of league for masters becoming eventually one of best. Which would ultimately imo be more exciting than reset and dumping down at start of every new generation.Similar how they did with Tyson for example in Beyblade with his quest not ending after becoming world champion.
    I would also do more with Ash past and characterization having him grow more in emotional sense, introduce his father(which could be actual master) building up subplot around that etc.

Yeah i know some are sick of same protagonist, but to me Ash earned his place in this show wishing that he stays until very end(there is no limit on how much you can do with story). It also makes Pokemon stand out compared to Digimon and similar stuff because its continuity based anime following journey of one hero.

2.)I wish characters aged a little bit. Not by large extent, but having Ash and others age by 2 to 3 years would keep them in line of still being relatable to younger audience, while also making progress and development they went through more believable. It would also help move Ash and other character stories forward, allowing to do more significant development with window of opportunities being open to take someone in new directions,have him deal with more refined struggles etc.not limiting writers options.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 30th July 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Let's see:

-I wished that both the game girls as well as the game guys were present in the anime. Like from the Pokemon specials. Guys like Brenda and Lucas got some strange cameos while Leaf and Yellow recieved no love at all. I rather them than traveling gymleaders anyday. One, because for some reason, the writers are afraid of making girls powerful and able battle trainers yet we have coordinators to make everything all cutesy girly. Why can't grls be trainers too on the show? And who said Ash was the only one who needed to collect badges? Maybe it would be nice to see more than just him beating a gymleader her/his own way.

-Plus who said that Gold/Jimmy, Ruby/Brendan and the others couldn't be on the show as well as Ash? I know he's the star but share the damn spotlight! It's better than having someone(Brock) doing little or close to nothing.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Let's see:

-I wished that both the game girls as well as the game guys were present in the anime. Like from the Pokemon specials. Guys like Brenda and Lucas got some strange cameos while Leaf and Yellow recieved no love at all. I rather them than traveling gymleaders anyday. One, because for some reason, the writers are afraid of making girls powerful and able battle trainers yet we have coordinators to make everything all cutesy girly. Why can't grls be trainers too on the show? And who said Ash was the only one who needed to collect badges? Maybe it would be nice to see more than just him beating a gymleader her/his own way.
    I'm pretty sure that Yellow isn't based on a playable character like Leaf is, so it isn't surprising that she doesn't appear in the anime. Leaf appearing during the Battle Frontier would have been nice though, even if it was just a character of the day kind of situation. Coordinators are trainers and they are capable of being powerful and able to battle regular trainers. Just because there is a focus on making attacks look beautiful for Contests to appeal to girls doesn't really change that. Having someone else in the group collecting badges with Ash would mean that there would be at least two battles with every Gym, more in case either one of them loses, and it would just make the journey longer than it needs to be. It would be kind of interesting if they had a different battle style than from Ash's, but I don't think it would be worth while in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia
    -Plus who said that Gold/Jimmy, Ruby/Brendan and the others couldn't be on the show as well as Ash? I know he's the star but share the damn spotlight! It's better than having someone(Brock) doing little or close to nothing.
    They probably didn't want Ash to share the spotlight with characters based off of the playable male trainers from each generation, especially when Ash's design is similar to their own. Though, I think it would have been nice if they had been able to make specials around the other playable characters like they did with Jimmy in the Legend of Thunder special during each generation. It could have been kind of refreshing and interesting to see a different story for each of the male trainers every once in awhile. I like Ash, but I wouldn't mind checking out how they would handle the other male trainers from each of the generations in specials like that.

Actually create a deep complicated plot like FMA
    Pokemon owned by MCs evolved
    NO CGI attacks all attacks are 2D so it fits with the animation

I'd change how things went in Best Wishes for sure, heres what I'd fix...

-Add more to Ash/Trip's rivalry, they could have done so much more with it in a bunch of other arcs but oh well.
    -Keep Ash as D/P self, I still love Ash but I have to admit I think Ash D/P was best, was mature and knew what he was doing.
    -Iris should train her Original Pokemon more, have some evolve later and still train them. Maybe catch some unevolved Dragon Pokemon, than evolution time.
    -Have people know about Ash, what hes done in the past leagues, fighting evil teams.
    -Have Team Rocket show more emotion, they seem so.
    -Have Ash use his old Pokemon and new Pokemon, switch around yah know? Use his new Pokemon for the first part of the series, than start to switch every few times.
    -Have Ash either win this tournament to make up for the Don tournament. Heck, would have had Ash win the Don tournament against Iris in the first place, than maybe later on they could get close, almost tie?? Like what happened with Ash V.S May.

I hope they change things in next generation, I liked what they did in AG with others looking up to Ash and him being pro like compared to other trainers. Maybe have Ash train with some newbies and teach them some things, not brother sister though please I hope they learned what they did with Max think hes one of the least liked in the fan base.

With D/P

-Have Dawn win against Zoey, since that was going to be the last of the contests it would have made sense no?
    -Add Barry early on, they showed him too late he was still enjoyable but could have well.
    -Make Kenny more of a rival to Dawn and actually made him more likeable. It was sad what happened to him in the Grand Festival.
    -Would have had Ash won against Kenny in the fight for Dawn I guess?? I mean what was the point in having Kenny win? Make up for what they did to him previously? They should have done it a different way than make the main character look bad. They could have had Dawn and him fight with him winning, that would have been the best way to do things. I mean, what? Was that just fan service for shippers? Don't get it.
    -Had Ash enter in more contests, given him a rival. I liked Ash in contests, thought it was funXD
    -Let Hunter J get finished off by Ash, the way she went out like that wow.
    Last edited by Ashfangirl22; 31st July 2012 at 04:05 PM.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

1. Ash losing the Sinnoh league. There was so much build up, with things like meeting the E4 and Cynthia.
    2. Ash should have at some point realised he has feelings for Misty.
    3. They should have never created Trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Let's see:

I'm pretty sure that Yellow isn't based on a playable character like Leaf is, so it isn't surprising that she doesn't appear in the anime. Leaf appearing during the Battle Frontier would have been nice though, even if it was just a character of the day kind of situation. Coordinators are trainers and they are capable of being powerful and able to battle regular trainers. Just because there is a focus on making attacks look beautiful for Contests to appeal to girls doesn't really change that. Having someone else in the group collecting badges with Ash would mean that there would be at least two battles with every Gym, more in case either one of them loses, and it would just make the journey longer than it needs to be. It would be kind of interesting if they had a different battle style than from Ash's, but I don't think it would be worth while in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia
    They probably didn't want Ash to share the spotlight with characters based off of the playable male trainers from each generation, especially when Ash's design is similar to their own. Though, I think it would have been nice if they had been able to make specials around the other playable characters like they did with Jimmy in the Legend of Thunder special during each generation. It could have been kind of refreshing and interesting to see a different story for each of the male trainers every once in awhile. I like Ash, but I wouldn't mind checking out how they would handle the other male trainers from each of the generations in specials like that.
    Yeah I know all of that. But I was just saying that I wished that the special characters were an issue in the series. And besides, I wouldn't mind one of them as secondary boys than Brock, Tracey and Cilan. I understand Ash's position, but that doesn't mean they had to be left out yet they got to show May and Dawn.

1. Have the characters AGE as the series progresses. By now, I would've liked to see Ash around 16 or 17.
    2. More romance involved- not TOO much, but enough that shippers can be satisfied. This also goes for a little more maturity, and more Japanese cultural references- like MizuTaipu said.
    3. Have Ash win the Sinnoh League- sorry to Tobias fans, but I really hated how that whole "battling-a-Legendary-thing" turned out...I mean, Ash was great in Sinnoh. I thought he had an experienced, well-balanced team, and I really thought with the defeat of Paul that he could've made it all the way through. But no.
    4. Have Ash be based more off of Red, rather than a completely different character.
    5. Better plots for Pokemon movies. I like them all, but there seems to be a growing pattern in terms of meeting someone, the evildoer tries stealing something or hurting the legendary, Ash saves them, etc.
    6. After the Johto arc, they should have continued the Chronicles; with each character that leaves (May, Max, Drew, Dawn, even the minor rivals like Barry and Zoey) could've been shown to sort of "update" the audience for what's been going on with them. I like how May came back for the Wallace Cup, and Dawn came back for BW2, but it's not enough.
    7. Speaking of the Chronicles, Jimmy and Marina should have had more episodes focusing on them. They ARE main protagonists of Gen. II games, after all... =/ Silver could've been featured, too.
    8. Johto was funny at times, but there were way too many filler episodes. DP also counts for this. I would've cut some of the more boring filler episodes and just made Ash progress a little bit quicker.
    9. Feature the Rockets a bit more- maybe include the ones from Johto- like Petrel, Archer, etc. I wish we could see a little bit more of what Giovanni does/plans on a daily basis. I like how they're doing that in B/W, though.
    10. Keep Jessie, James, and Meowth the way they were, but not feature them as much. In episodes where they weren't needed (besides "Jessalina's contests), like a gym battle episode, they could've just taken them out. I also hated the way Butch and Cassidy lost their high rank when JJ&M were promoted, and now are hardly ever featured. In my book, that's a huge plot hole.
    11. Have Ash CATCH a lot more pokemon- he doesn't necessarily have to use them all, but...look at how many Gary caught in Kanto and sent back to the lab. It's not that hard. He's experienced enough.
    12. Pikachu should be at a very high level at this point. Unless he's up against a pokemon that's equally or stronger than he is, then he shouldn't lose to low-leveled pokemon (Trip's Snivy, anyone...? -_-).
    "It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an overreactive imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies." -Jessie, The Heartbreak of Brock

Dawn winning the Grand Festival.
    Dawn staying as a permanent member of the main cast and travels with Ash to Unova, and the main group would be the current BW2 group right now.
    Iris not using a Dragonite in the junior tournament, but beats Dawn in the semifinals anyways using 1 of her other Pokemon instead of the 2nd round.
    Ash keeping his DP maturity.

I honestly think they rushed through the Best Wishes series. Ash has beaten all the gym leaders and is on his way to the Unova League without meeting team plasma yet, this is what I think should of happened.

1. Ash looses to Clay of Driftveil and must do a rematch
    2. While leaving Driftveil Ash and Co. meet up with the Seven Sages at Cold Storage
    3. Ash battles Skylah and wins
    4. Ash battles Brycen and wins
    5. Ash and Co meet N and awakens Zekrom and Reshiram at Dragonspiral Tower
    6. Ash meets a Pokemon Trainner at the Moon of Iccirus who tries to save a Keldeo and must bring him back to The Legendary Musketeers
    7. Ash battles Drayden and looses so Iris battles him and wins
    8. Team Plasma arrive at Opelucid City while Ash and Co meet Ghestis
    9. Ash wins to Drayden and Iris has the opportunity to become the Opelucid Gym Leader but refuses

Denki the Pokemon Breeder Denki Wolf's Avatar

This thought would actually change the entire series as we know it, and I actually don't do it out of spite toward Ash.
    I like ash personally.
    With that in mind, I think that each region should have been like the manga's.
    Changing the main character per series.
    So Ash/Red in the original, but then moves on, skipping yellow and moving straight on to Gold.
    Then so on and so forth, skipping the 3rd game.
    So with this people like Misty, Brock, May, dawn, Iris and Cilan can still be in the show, but it just not centering around the same person constantly learning the same things over and over.
    Just my thoughts on it.
    And every so often going back to see old main characters again.
    Like Orange Island would go back to Ash for a bit.

Made Sig and Avi

I think the Diamond and Pearl saga was probably one of the best series there where, they didn't rush through the series and it featured some of the best Pokemon episodes. The Advanced series also went along with everything at a steady pace. The original series was great but rushes through everything aswell like the Best Wishes series. Wouldn't it be good to revive the Indigo League series and seperate it into dub - seasons. Also is it just me or does Ash's voice change throughout the series's. Hope Brock makes a cameo in the Best Wishes 2 series, like Dawn. Wonder if Ash battles Marlon, anyway gotta go!
    Down Here!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast