Did you like the Pokemon Rangers in the anime?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Did you like the Pokemon Rangers in the anime?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Did you like the Pokemon Rangers in the anime?

From AG, the Pokemon Rangers from the spin-off games had their episodes with Ash. Some are completely original, while others are based on some of the missions in the games (Most notable is the Aura-Sphere using Riolu kidnapping case.)

Did you like the Pokemon Rangers and their episodes? How about their character portrayal? Do you think there should be more Ranger episodes in the future?

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Did you like the Pokemon Rangers in the anime?

Didn't really care for the celebi one, but i absolutely loved the riolu 2 parter, Though the rangers had a smaller role in that 2 parter the episode was handled much better, the only thing that let me down was the lack of ash catching riolu.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Follow lewisr88 On Twitter
    Follow lewisr88 on Tumblr Follow lewisr88 on Flickr Visit lewisr88's Youtube Channel

I can't say I was personally a huge fan of them in the anime, the episodes were just too hit and miss for me. Saying that I wouldn't be totally against them making another appearance in the future if it was done right.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

The episodes were really hit and miss for me, though the major turn down was "Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea" (yes, I know it's a movie, but it counts, right?), the titular Pokemon Ranger, Jack Walker, was barely in the movie really, and he didn't do that much Ranger stuff, as 80% of the movie was about May's relationship with Manaphy instead.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I like 'em. Always interesting when they show up.

I really wish they'd gotten a spin off so we could've seen them go on missions and not play second fiddle to the wooden chair that is Ash...
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

While I think Jackie(?) from the Ninth Movie was a really cool character, I didn't like the rest though.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    Didn't really care for the celebi one, but i absolutely loved the riolu 2 parter, Though the rangers had a smaller role in that 2 parter the episode was handled much better, the only thing that let me down was the lack of ash catching riolu.
    Well, Riolu already had a home and was being raised by a breeder, so Ash couldn't have captured it, even though I would have loved it if he had been able to do so.

Anyway, I didn't really like the first couple of Ranger specials/appearances in AG. The specials weren't that interesting, especially the Celebi one, and I thought that the capturing system with the styler was too ridiculous. Not to mention I didn't like how the Pokemon looked so terrified when they were about to be captured. Jackie from the Manaphy movie was pretty cool though, despite not getting a lot of focus in the movie. The Riolu two parter is easily my favorite Pokemon Ranger event. It featured one of my favorite Pokemon, the conflict was more intense with Hunter J being involved, the capturing system was better and it was just more engaging to watch than the other Pokemon Ranger events. The second Pokemon Ranger episode that aired in DP was okay, but not nearly as memorable as the Riolu two-parter. It might have been better if they had included the Ukulele Pichu just so it could interact with Pikachu.

I wouldn't mind if they did have more Pokemon Ranger episodes in the future, especially when that would mean that a new Ranger game have been released. The only issue I've had with the concept of Pokemon Rangers in the anime is that the Pokemon with the moves/ability that they need for a specific situation just suddenly appears out of nowhere, even during the middle of a battle. It's just too convenient for the anime, even though I think it works better in a video game.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Solana, Kellyn, Jack... Loved all of them <3
    SammyW27 likes this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

How the styler worked in the anime never really translated well to the anime. When you capture a pokemon in a ball and then befriend it that makes enough sense. Emitting your feelings through your styler or however that works is something that was fine and dandy in the games, but just didn't really fit with the anime. Like someone else said, pokemon seemed really freaked out when the styler was being used on them.

Even so, I did enjoy the ranger episodes and movie for the most part. It was nice seeing in game characters for a change. That gives them a bit more merit in my mind than any other random cotd. For stuff that's pretty much filler, it works out fine.
    TeddiUrsa and martianmister like this.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

not overly i think it was a waste of animation paper. they should have used the other opposite characters instead (Lunick Kate and Summer). though seeing a Ford ranger would have made the episodes better. the reason i hated them was because they were too dorky of a character in my opinion. Solana was there for looks, kellyn ....... i felt bad for riolu, Ben was just...wow. as of now the three rangers were misses. i hope if they do make more episodes they bring some of the others such as Murph, Spencer, Joel ect. and focus on them such as a chronicals styled episode. though i think the go rock squad may be a little to frighnting for me to watch in an anime episode. THose suits worry and scare me

Actually the Diamond and Pearl ranger episode were probably one of my favorite eps of DP, if not the series.

Everything about those eps just clicked perfectly with me.
    SammyW27 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

So it turns out that the Rangers in the anime were just some of the better filler episodes.

Ben had his separate 5 minute episodes to promote the Guardian Signs, but I agree that Ukulele Pichu should have appeared as his partner in the Heatran Episode. It could have served a better role than hastily using the Guardian Sign to bring a Croconaw (Ferligatr?) out of nowhere

Blog Entries

Ben was probably my favorite Ranger in the anime, since I just loved the way his character acted. Jack from the 9th movie was pretty cool too (and cute :P) and he gets props for being the first movie character to appear in an anime opening (even though he didn't appear in any of the actual episodes.)

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I really enjoyed the Ranger episodes. The Pokemon Rangers themselves, on the other hand, really bored me.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Ben had his separate 5 minute episodes to promote the Guardian Signs, but I agree that Ukulele Pichu should have appeared as his partner in the Heatran Episode. It could have served a better role than hastily using the Guardian Sign to bring a Croconaw (Ferligatr?) out of nowhere
    I'm kind of surprised that they didn't bring in the Ukulele Pichu for his appearance in the anime. It would have been kind of cute to see how it would interact with Pikachu and everyone's reactions to Pichu playing on its Ukulele.
    martianmister likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast