Did Thundurus’ attack give Pikachu a power boost for the league?

View Poll Results: Did Thundurus give Pikachu a power boost that will last in future BW episodes?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 23.53%
  • No

13 76.47%
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By 3Dchu
  • 2 Post By Moe

Thread: Did Thundurus’ attack give Pikachu a power boost for the league?

Blog Entries

Default Did Thundurus’ attack give Pikachu a power boost for the league?

Pikachu blocked the Thunder attack meant for IrisDragonite and got a huge boost in power to make a “Spirit Bomb-sized” Electro-Ball. Amazing scene one of the highlights of the BW series in my book considering how Pikachu has been getting its tail handed to him on more than one occasion in Unova.

My point for the thread is to know what everyone else thinks. With the league right around the corner, do you think the writers have this event occur to make it plausible for Pikachu to suddenly kick butt in the Unova League?

Looking back at the start of this series, and no I don’t want to rant about Pikachu being de-powered losing to Snivy and because of the attack from Zekrom taking its electricity and giving it back. It reminds me of the DP series, Pikachu tying with Elekid and then kicking butt in the league holding its own with Aggron and beating Froslass. And the match with Latios was a plus as well.

I'm not saying that Pikachu will use a god-sized Electro Ball during the league (that would probably kill its opponent...). I'm thinking that it may be more powerful now and show some of that unbelievable endurance we've seen time and time again.

You think Thundurus’ attack was just a temporary thing for the TR plot or do you think that Pikachu will be a bit more powerful throughout the duration of the BW series?

Default Re: Did Thundurus’ attack give Pikachu a power boost for the league?

My belief is that the "Lightning Rod ability" shown here is just for this episode only. Of course being the anime, they'll probably give us the message that Pikachu here is able to have more than 1 Pokemon Ability to be more different than the games.

We'll see whether or not we'll see Static or Lightning Rod, or both in 1 episode or episodes for the League anyway, shift around. I was really hoping Zekrom from the 1st BW episode granted Pikachu the ability shift, but nope. The writers will probably juggle around this. Oh well.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Blog Entries

I see what you mean and with Pikachu releasing all of that enery for that huge Electro Ball I don't think there will be any electric sickness from a power buildup either. I'm just curious how the writers will layout Pikachu's power and endurance in the next few episodes. Past leagues have shown Pikachu battling at the "high levels" that is expected of it from its experiences in past regions and battles.

Blog Entries

I really think it's just an one episode thing and Pikachu probably unleased that energy it got from Thunderus to destroy that temple. So, no.

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

Pikachu probably did get a power boot, but knowing pokemon, either Pikachu will turn back to normal, or Ash will lose the pokemon league.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Blog Entries

What I find interesting the "attention" that Pikachu is getting this season from electric legendary this is the third time its been struck by an electric attack from a legendary Pokemon in Unova.

Kind of foreshadowed in the opening when Ash is blocked off with pillars and Pikachu fired a powerful Thunderbolt and broke him free, that kind of reminds me of Electro Ball breaking Meloetta free from its prison. One of those subtle hints that happened in the show.

Yeah, I figure the writers will develop Pikachu accordingly in strength in terms of what it will battle like in the league.

Maybe it's just me, but has Pikachu really done all that poorly in Unova?

I mean, sure, he lost when Trip's starter twice, but he was crippled one of those fights. And yeah, him losing to Panpour wasn't exactly fun to watch.

But he's also beat some pretty badass pokes this series too.

Burgh's Leavanny.
    Two of Elesa's pokes.
    Skyla's Unfezant.
    Roxie's Garbodor.

Moe
    Blog Entries

I think Pikachu's only power problem is losing Volt Tackle.
    Hidden Mew and Paulisthebest like this.

Ugh, I hope not. I want Pikachu to battle at the Unova League with his own strength, not strength he got from Thundurus or any other Pokemon. I don't want another Mauville City Gym battle scenario.

Add Chiss on Facebook

No. It would be horrible for an episode to have significance in another episode not in the same arc, so the writers probably won't do anything like that. (sarcasm)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I think Pikachu's only power problem is losing Volt Tackle.
    Amen to that one!