- BW085 and BW086: Set to reintroduce Cynthia and Dawn. Meloetta
becomes slightly more prominent.
- BW087 and BW088: Filler
- BW089: Iris
catches her Dragonite
. It was a horribly written episode that hardly justified Iris obtaining this pokemon. Iris somehow had the ability to read Dragonite's heart just by touching it, which was complete bs. It also felt that Iris's relationship with Dragonite was conditional on the grounds that it was part Dragon-type. Had it been some other type of pokemon that was in the power plant, Iris might not have even given two craps about its wellbeing.
- BW090-BW093: WTJC. Like most of the tournaments in this series, the battles were poorly handled. The first two rounds were almost complete montage battles. Iris vs. Georgia/Dawn were terrible; Iris uses a pokemon that she does not even train to get pass the rounds. Dragonite obeying and disobeying Iris becomes very inconsistent in between the rounds. Trip uses a Serperior
to win over every pokemon despite having type disadvantages, and dodges all of their attacks. Dawn leaves at end of BW093, and Cameron debuts. Perhaps the only shining moment of this entire arc was Ash's Krokorok
evolving into a Krookodile
. Dawn got a measly sendoff at the end of BW093, which also coincided with the debut of Cameron, who would later become one of Ash's main rivals.
- BW094: Cameron's true "debut" episode mixed with a horribly rushed gym battle that never did any favors for Marlon.
- BW095: Filler
- BW096-BW097: If this was stretched to three episodes and we got to see more of Giovanni and TRio battling, this could have been a decent resolution arc. It's a shame that most of the main characters sat on the sidelines. The Kami trio felt shoehorned in at the end. Meloetta
leaves the group with a COTD.
- BW098-BW099: Filler.
- BW100-101: The writers' last attempt at giving Iris some closure included yet more fabrications as the story moved along. This included a very rushed gym battle that hardly reflected Iris's growth as a trainer (Excadrill
learned a long range attack almost on his own, and Dragonite was already a powerhouse to begin with). The only good part about this arc was that Iris actually used all of her pokemon to calm Hydreigon
down in BW100.
- BW102: Virgil debuts. Nothing special about this episode other than all of the current Eeveelutions being featured at once.
- BW103-104: First and second rounds of Unova league. Ash and Trip's rivalry was resolved here. Ash's victory over Trip was undeserved. We saw a few montage rival battles. Bianca gets eliminated by Cameron, and we only got to see two of her pokemon used.
- BW105: Filler. Pointless filler.
- BW106: Ash vs. Stephan. Possibly the best episode in Season 2 yet. It was a decent battle, Ash's reserves were used here, and the battles didn't appear to be lopsided at all.
- BW107-BW108: Ash vs. Cameron. This battle was horribly executed. Cameron did not bring six pokemon with him to the tournament, and Ash won over Cameron due to complete type advantages. The battle slightly got better once Snivy
got sent out and fought Riolu
on near even footing. The battle result was predictable, and it wasn't fun watching Pikachu
spam their long distance attacks. The rivals in the Unova League didn't leave a strong impression on me to care whether they won or lost.