Darkest moments in the anime - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Darkest moments in the anime

Blog Entries
    Follow Chime Nume On Twitter Add Chime Nume on Facebook Add Chime Nume on Google+
    Follow Chime Nume on Tumblr Visit Chime Nume's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Darkest moments in the anime

Well. There aren't many since the anime isn't dark at all, but the whole entire Mismagius episode was pretty dark. That's the only thing that comes to mind since the anime is pretty light hearted tbh.

Ever Grande City. The most amazing forum on the internet! Come on down and join EGC today!
    Banner made by me.

That Litwick episode was dark in a way I didn't think they would still want to do in the series.
    QuietDragon likes this.

Blog Entries

A Dark Moment is when a Person is going to Fall to their Doom or Attacked By A Pokemon but something Saves them in the Neck Of Time.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Episode N where N recalls his past when he had to run away from Team Plasma.

Actually, there were a lot of stuff in Episode N that could be called 'dark'.

Follow SaftOchBulle On Twitter Add SaftOchBulle on Facebook Add SaftOchBulle on MySpace
    Visit SaftOchBulle's Youtube Channel

The Sabrina arc, anyone?? It's probably the only time in the anime i've been genuinly scared! Still creeps me out!

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

J dieing.

Blog Entries

Follow QuietDragon on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    Episode N where N recalls his past when he had to run away from Team Plasma.

Actually, there were a lot of stuff in Episode N that could be called 'dark'.
    Seriously, Episode N had some seriously disconcerting themes and subject matter. It really unsettled me how N saw his life of captivity in the castle as being for his own good. It's like he knows Ghetsis is a bad person objectively because of the things he does, but hasn't managed to wholly rid himself of the idea that he had their best interest in mind, nor forget what he was taught all his life; N's sisters were even worse off! Human beings as a whole are bad, abusive, not to be trusted... a life restricted to one room and a garden were all necessary (for preserving his heart's purity?).

And, of course, N's "death," especially as it took place at the very end of an episode. He wasn't resurrected by that healing lake until the next episode. I'm just imagining all these kids who had to wait a week to find out if N lived or not. That's pretty dark too.

Now, outside of Episode N!

J's death is quick and merciless, but fortunately off-screen.

The Litwick/Hitomoshi Mansion episode is pretty dark too, but lightened by the comedic route they took to portray the hauntings... oh, but nothing really softens the "these cute candles feed on your life energy until you're dead on your feet, before they throw you into the Spirit World." Wow.

Aspects of the Rocket trio's past and somethings in their present life are dark, but in a different sort of way. So much poverty, parental neglect, and abandonment there!

I hope we're not all forgetting dear little Ai/Aitwo and her ill-fated father, forced to create Mewtwo for a criminal organization out of grief and desperation to have funds for the research to bring his daughter back to life? That marks The Birth of Mewtwo, the CD drama it's adapted from, and the beginning of the first movie.

Musapion on SPPf, QuietxDragon on tumblr

I don't really think that the Pokemon anime could be considered dark in any realm of existence. I guess there were a few episodes that kind of irked me, though.

Zoroark: Master of Illusions- I think some people have mentioned this one before, but I thought that the part at the end was mildly disturbing. I mean, of course she was going to wake up, I knew they weren't going to kill her off, but I could really feel Zorua's terror when he realized that his "Meema" was actually in danger of clocking out.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew- This one wasn't that dark, but there were some moments when I, watching this for the first time as a kid, was legitimately horrified. I thought that it was pretty disturbing when the humans were dissolved into those strange antibodies and their Pokemon were devastated.

Scare at the Litwick Mansion- In the beginning part of the episode, I thought that it was going to be more lighthearted, but this was probably hands-down one of the creepiest episodes.

Ghoul Daze- This one was pretty creepy, I'd say for similar reasons that the Litwick one was.

Love, Petalburg Style- I know that this one was supposed to be more of a funny, lighthearted filler episode, but it came off to me as very dark. Even if it was just a misunderstanding, Caroline seemed to be honestly ready to leave Norman. Normally, this wouldn't be so dark. However, divorce is a lot darker when you have two kids between you. Trust me.
    Tsutarja likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow QuietDragon on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Slkitzle View Post
    Love, Petalburg Style- I know that this one was supposed to be more of a funny, lighthearted filler episode, but it came off to me as very dark. Even if it was just a misunderstanding, Caroline seemed to be honestly ready to leave Norman. Normally, this wouldn't be so dark. However, divorce is a lot darker when you have two kids between you. Trust me.
    Oh, certainly! I touched on this episode when I wrote about Haruka/May's character and relationship with her father because I always found it interesting, if rather sad.

Don't forget how the show pulled it off rather realistically, by having the children split up and take sides of different parents, with Max, who always idolized his father, taking Norman's side, while May, who was closer to her mother than to her more distant father, sided with her mother. It would have been terrible if it really did come to pass, because those two always seemed so close, even though they bicker a lot.

... fortunately, it was all a misunderstanding in the end, easily resolved, but wow, what a subject for a kid's anime.
    martianmister and Foxeaf like this.

Musapion on SPPf, QuietxDragon on tumblr

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

There is no such thing as "dark" pokemon episodes
    Hoopa likes this.

Blog Entries

Scare at the Litwick Mansion - much creepier than other ghost pokémon episodes. It's not often you see someone nearly dragged to the underworld.

Malice in Wonderland was pretty dark as well. I mean, trapped in a dreamworld that quickly goes to shit...And you can't wake up on your own?

The N arc was pretty dark too. Not creepy but it dealt with some heavy subject matter.

The first movie also dealt with some heavy subject matter too.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

I've never find any episode or scene in Pokémon really dark well, maybe Sabrina. She was kinda freaky, but I watched those episodes at later age so it never caused me any childhood traumas. But I can understand if someone have traumas over her.

Add Chiss on Facebook

I thought the whole Meloetta on a cross thing during the Rocket arc was dark. It was the first time that I actually turned the tv off and stopped watching.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some of the earlier movies like Celebi's and Mewtwo's.

The last few episodes that included Hunter J and her presumed death.

Cyrus's "ascent" into the Distortion World.

The later portion of Episode N.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The anime has never been what I'd call "dark" to be honest. Has it been emotional and moving at times? Definitely. Dark? Eh..."Death Note" is something I would consider darker.

Probably the deepest and most serious take the anime ever had was in DP if you ask me. Hey, I don't like that series much myself (considering this is supposed to be a kids' show and all), but you have to admit DP had its shining features. Development is always much, much better than none *coughs* BW Da! *coughs*.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast