Could Satoshi actually WIN the Higaki Conference? - Page 8

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Could Satoshi actually WIN the Higaki Conference?

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Could Satoshi actually WIN the Higaki Conference?

Ash vs. Kotetsu (fourth round) will be the Top 16 round, since the Top 64 round was counted as the "second round" in the anime.

Ash vs. Virgil, the round in which Ash will most likely lose in, will probably be Top 8. The writers usually include two full battles for Ash in each league competition (Kanto and Hoenn were the exceptions).

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    That's what many of us have been thinking is that Virgil's Eevee will suddenly evolve into a Gen 6 Eeveelution in a deus-ex-machina method to defeat Ash and have him start from scratch in the next region.
    If there was going to be a Gen 6 pokemon debuting in this tournament, there would have already been news of it by now.

Since there isn't any news, we'll just assume that Ash will lose to any pre-Gen 6 pokemon in this tournament, most likely Virgil and his Eevee due to the airdate differences between the most currently revealed episode (December 20, 2012) and the start of the new arc (January 17, 2012). Assuming a break and no two-episode specials, there are only two more episodes left of the tournament after the start of Ash vs. Kotetsu. I can't see Ash beating Virgil here.

Also, preview summaries of this new arc and the new dub season title confirm that Ash and co. will still be in the Unova region after the end of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by rageahollic33 View Post
    I know this might sound weird but. What if during the battle between ash and virgil eevee evolves into a new eeveelution? Like a Preview Pokemon for Gen 6?
    That's what many of us have been thinking is that Virgil's Eevee will suddenly evolve into a Gen 6 Eeveelution in a deus-ex-machina method to defeat Ash and have him start from scratch in the next region.
    I think if any Generation VI Pokemon were going to debut they would have been leaked (or at least hinted at) long before now.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    I know this might sound weird but. What if during the battle between ash and virgil eevee evolves into a new eeveelution? Like a Preview Pokemon for Gen 6?
    I think if any Generation VI Pokemon were going to debut they would have been leaked (or at least hinted at) long before now.
    Well, I do know there's supposed to be a big announcement on the 6th, as well as the fact that Game Freak is attending Jump Festa this month, so there's some hints of it there, plus we have CoroCoro to look forward to as well. So yes, we DO have hints of a Gen 6 Pokemon at this time, people just aren't paying attention to the hints.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

There's no reason for it. Eevee only evolves when its DNA (can I say like that? lol) is changed by nature matters, be it stones, be it some kind of rock somewhere in the florests or icy places, or be it the sun/moon. There can be some Eeveelution by using Dawn Stone or another currently useless stone for Eevee in VI gen, but it's not a contest, as we saw back in DP, to make pokémons evolve in the mid of the tourney by throwing stones at them. Anyway, if such stone could have the potential to evolve Eevees, then Virgil would have done that before.

Also, only the image of Ash downgrading to 8 Top is enough to make me feel somewhat bad, but so is to see a full battle wholly skipped. I don't know of what to believe anymore, I'll just wait for the episodes. >_>

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The writers are not going to have Ash do worse than the last league. They're not listening to angry DP fans on online pokemon forums who claim Ash has gotten weaker this gen.

Many rounds will be skipped or shown in a montage. Think of Dawn's Sinnoh Grand Festival, her match against Zoey was in the finals meaning two full Contest battles of hers were skipped entirely in addition to the Jessie match being less than 1 minute. I remember people commenting on it back when the Sinnoh GF aired.

Ash Vs. Virgil will either be for the Top 4, allowing Ash to get into the same rank as Sinnoh, or it will be the finals, allowing Ash to move on to meet N and Cynthia.

What's the point of Virgil if he wasn't going to be someone of real importance if he was going to win the league? They could have just had Ash battle Kotetsu only if that were the case.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    The writers are not going to have Ash do worse than the last league. They're not listening to angry DP fans on online pokemon forums who claim Ash has gotten weaker this gen.

Many rounds will be skipped or shown in a montage. Think of Dawn's Sinnoh Grand Festival, her match against Zoey was in the finals meaning two full Contest battles of hers were skipped entirely in addition to the Jessie match being less than 1 minute. I remember people commenting on it back when the Sinnoh GF aired.

Ash Vs. Virgil will either be for the Top 4, allowing Ash to get into the same rank as Sinnoh, or it will be the finals, allowing Ash to move on to meet N and Cynthia.
    The writers have never listened to the fans once, except for that one time where they decided to bring Dawn back for the Junior Cup, and we all remember how that turned out. Remember, Best Wishes in it's entirety has been unpredictable, we have no idea if Ash will win or lose against Virgil, even though Virgil seems like this generations "I only exist to beat Ash in the league" character, given he was introduced right before the league started, has very little to no personality, and his team is nothing but a gimmick to sell products. All the signs are there, and all are pointing towards a loss for Ash for the 5th time in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    What's the point of Virgil if he wasn't going to be someone of real importance if he was going to win the league? They could have just had Ash battle Kotetsu only if that were the case.
    Personally, I rather have Ash lose against Kotetsu if anything rather than Virgil, probably because I find Kotetsu to be a more interesting character than Virgil, and he has a lot of potential, the writers just don't show it. I understand that some people don't like Kotetsu, but I see him to have more potential than what is shown.

My DA account

The writers have never listened to the fans once, except for that one time where they decided to bring Dawn back for the Junior Cup, and we all remember how that turned out. Remember, Best Wishes in it's entirety has been unpredictable, we have no idea if Ash will win or lose against Virgil, even though Virgil seems like this generations "I only exist to beat Ash in the league" character, given he was introduced right before the league started, has very little to no personality, and his team is nothing but a gimmick to sell products. All the signs are there, and all are pointing towards a loss for Ash for the 5th time in a row.

Personally, I rather have Ash lose against Kotetsu if anything rather than Virgil, probably because I find Kotetsu to be a more interesting character than Virgil, and he has a lot of potential, the writers just don't show it. I understand that some people don't like Kotetsu, but I see him to have more potential than what is shown.
    The only reason I wouldn't mind him losing to the brained dead boy is because of his Pokemon. However, Virgil seems more of a plan.

Blog Entries

The only reason I wouldn't mind him losing to the brained dead boy is because of his Pokemon. However, Virgil seems more of a plan.
    I think Kotetsu is way smarter than he acts, I mean, he's at least capable of training his Pokemon and battling, he's just a bit, for a lack of better word, dense at times, his personality may seem a bit generic at first, but if you dig through all the layers of crap, you'll find an interesting character within him.

To me, Virgil, unlike Kotetsu, is just such a bland character with virtually no personality, and was basically just shoehorned in as a way of promoting Eevee products, and arguably, just to defeat Ash in the league, he's not developed, he doesn't have a real backstory, and he isn't really that interesting in my opinion, he's just a soulless existence of a character when you think about it hard enough...

My DA account

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I don't think that they're going to skip a lot of rounds. I definitely wouldn't want them to do the same thing they did with Dawn's Grand Festival. Even though she was a good coordinator, jumping from her match against Ursula and not showing her other matches until her battle with Zoey made her getting to the finals rather unsatisfying since we didn't see her battle that much before she got to the finals. I know that most people didn't like have her battle against Jessie being basically a clip show at least. Doing that with Ash would be worse, especially when his Unova team has been rather lackluster anyway, and I honestly don't see them skipping that many rounds. They usually only skip an early round in the Leagues and I certainly don't see them skipping a full battle so Ash can face Virgil in the finals.

While Ash being weaker is one of the reasons why I wouldn't mind if he got a lower rank than the Top 4, I also think that they'll have to do that eventually anyway. Unless they want Ash to win a League and face the Elite 4, both of which are highly unlikely to happen, they'll eventually have to give him a lower rank and I don't think it would be a problem to start that now. Besides that, I don't see how winning the League would allow Ash to meet N and Cynthia. N most likely isn't a trainer that winners of the Unova League are going to face and Cynthia wouldn't really be a prize either since he would be facing the Unova Elite 4 in the Champion League. I understand that you'd like Ash to win and battle Cynthia, but there isn't any solid evidence pointing to that as a possibility. All the signs point to Ash losing the League yet again.

lol no he will always lose every pokemon league until this franchise is dead
    im surprised people in his world havent mocked him for losing 4 leagues soon to be 5 in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    im surprised people in his world havent mocked him for losing 4 leagues soon to be 5 in a row
    Uhm, actually, I would be surprised if a ten years old kid managed to get to the Top 4 while beating two legendaries...
    martianmister likes this.

I believed in Sinnoh, I won't get my hopes up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjit View Post
    I believed in Sinnoh, I won't get my hopes up again.
    Exactly. In Sinnoh, it would have made sense for Ash to win. He had a good team, they all had good move sets and lots of experience (cept Gible), and at the time all that seemed to stand in his way was Paul. Then we heard that Ash was using Oaked pokemon as well, and it seemed even more likely that Ash could finally win. There's also the fact that Ash had met each member of the Elite Four and had gotten to know Cynthia pretty well, and it all just seemed to be leading towards something, ie a win and a champions league. But then of course we got wind of Darkrai and everyone's dreams were shattered.

With Unova, everything we know of this league at this point seems to be pointing to a blatant loss for Ash. There's no hype for a champions league, we know the N plot is coming next, we know there are only going to be a couple of eps to end the league after BW107, we know the Kotetsu battle is Top 16, and the only other established rival is Virgil, whom Ash is most likely going to lose to.

Id be amazed if he got as far as the top 4.
    Hidden Mew and martianmister like this.

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

I'm thinking Virgil's Eevee gimmick could be a set up for a couple of new Eevee evolutions as the pre-release Generation VI Pokémon to be featured in the anime, but at the same time I don't think Nintendo have milked Black 2 / White 2 enough just yet to be giving us another couple of hundred new Pokémon. Ash is probably going to lose to Virgil. It's like this arc got away from under the writer's control really quickly, and they weren't able to go where they wanted with it to keep it roughly parallel to the changes to Unova the new games brought forth.

N's appearance though... that's either going to disrupt the final battle in the Pokémon League, or give Ash a reason to keep travelling. If it's the former, that would imply that Ash is going to be competing in the final (I can already see him looking up into the sky from the battlefield as N descends on Reshiram's back). Even so, I don't think Ash is going to win.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast