Could Satoshi actually WIN the Higaki Conference? - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Could Satoshi actually WIN the Higaki Conference?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Could Satoshi actually WIN the Higaki Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash's Battle Coach View Post
    So we're going to get 2 rushed cotd battles before we get to Kotetsu? That kinda sucks. Ash making it to top 4 kinda makes sense, even if he doesn't deserve it and its a bunch of bull and what not.

Kanto - top 16
    Johto - top 8 using all his pokes
    Hoenn - Top 8 using only the pokes he caught in Hoenn
    Sinnoh - Top 4 Using all his pokes
    Unova - Top 4 Using only the pokes he caught in Unova

There's a slight progression each time so

Gen 6 - Runner up using all his pokes
    Gen 7 - Runner up using only gen 7 pokes
    Gen 8 - winner using all his pokes

so by my calculations it will be a good 9/10 years before Ash wins a league haha. I would still prefer him to get a top 8 spot at the most here though
    I wouldn't trust those calculations if I were you, since I really doubt that the writers will follow it.

My personal belief is that when the series finally is going to end, Ash will win the league. And that'll only happen whenever the games stops selling well.

It could be Gen 6, 7, 8 or even Gen 34 for all we know.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

I'm feeling lucky Ash almost beat Tyson who won the whole thing so logically Ash should win but BW doesn't care bout logic. Though it is possible for the last year to be used on a wrap up ark but I'd always imagine Ash being Champion of his own region but he can lose to the elite 4 and then go to Kanto.
    GibleKidd likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon19 View Post
    As far as the adding an important COTD battle goes, I don't see why not. They have indeed done it before. (Katie from the Hoenn League as someone mentioned was a 6v6 battle, top 16 I believe..) So beefing up a COTD to give Ash a run for his money but ultimately loose is not out of the question. That fills the "filler full battle gap".
    But Katie wasn't prioritized over Morrison, let alone Tyson. We know that defeating Kotetsu will only earn Ash a Top 4 position at best, which means that if he were not to lose to Virgil in the next round, some other character would come out of nowhere and be treated as more important than Kotetsu. Not to mention the fact that Ash didn't have any established rivals in Hoenn until right before the league, whereas now he has Trip, Bianca and Stephan, who will be eliminated in the earlier rounds. Why would the writers not make the last two rounds of the league as meaningful as possible?
    Well, I think before Best Wishes 2, the writers realized how much of a fail Ash and Trip's rivalry is. So they just kind of put that on the back burner and stop trying. Honestly, besides Serperior, how many of Trip's other pokemon would make a full 6 on 6 battle in the finals meaningful and exciting? There's just nothing about any other pokemon in his team that screams out exciting full battle( we haven't really seen enough of them!), I know 8 year old kids who know that, the writers do too I suspect. I wouldn't call Stephan and Bianca great rivals either..so adding a beefed up COTD Ash can actually beat wouldn't surprise me, given how average-to-awful his other rivalry's are.

Also there's the "it's BW anything can happen" argument. Adding a COTD Ash actually beats in the semi finals last minute WOULD NORMALLY be surprising and way out of left field..but so is putting Ash's "main" rival in the preliminary's..seriously, how many people saw that coming?

Follow Pika25 On Twitter
    Visit Pika25's Youtube Channel

Ash's Unovamons are more than capable of the job, especially if he rotates his Unovamons with Prof. J, with the obvious proviso that exactly five of them are with him and his Pikachu. I agree that in a semifinal Ash could eventually meet a random beefed-up COTD that would give ash a run for his money but would ultimately lose in the last minute. Same story for the final. If anyone's Mons are capable of bringing home the champion's title here, it would be Ash's.
    Pikachu is my favorite Pokémon.
    Go Pikachu!

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash will most likely lose in either Top 16 (against Kotetsu) or Top 8 (against Virgil). There are no other exceptional trainers left in this tournament, so I doubt Ash will advance to the Top 4 unless the writers planned on making Top 8 a generic round that the writers plan to skip anyway. If Ash beats Kotetsu, he will probably lose to Virgil.

Blog Entries

Well, we know he beats the Riolu kid, so Virgil is all that's left. So far, that battle is the top 8, unless there is another skipped battle.

EDIT: Oh, the kid just didn't know that this was a full battle. Well, in that case, Ash might as well win.
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 26th November 2012 at 10:00 AM.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Ash will most likely lose in either Top 16 (against Kotetsu) or Top 8 (against Virgil). There are no other exceptional trainers left in this tournament, so I doubt Ash will advance to the Top 4 unless the writers planned on making Top 8 a generic round that the writers plan to skip anyway. If Ash beats Kotetsu, he will probably lose to Virgil.
    I doubt they would skip a full battle. Not only because the battle per se, but also so that we can predict which Ash's Pokémon wouldn't be able to battle on the next round.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Oh, he could...in a way not many people will like...

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dont bet the farm on it... unless ash somehow swaps his older pokemon for battle

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Oh, he could...in a way not many people will like...
    You mean Ash winning the league in a sudden deus ex machina that comes out of absolute nowhere, such as how he won a majority of the Gym battles in Unova, as well as the infamous "Thunder Armor" scene from back in Hoenn, and let's not forget "Aim for the horn". If anything, he shouldn't even win with one of THOSE ways...

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Dont bet the farm on it... unless ash somehow swaps his older pokemon for battle
    You know that's unlikely to happen, especially in Best Wishes, he would only use his Unova Pokemon. If any old Pokemon were to appear, the most likely one is Charizard, and sure Charizard's pretty overrated, it's at least better than nothing.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Kotetsu is Top 8.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Kotetsu is Top 8.
    He is? Where was that stated?

I thought Stephan was Top 64, than CoTD Top 32, and then Kotetsu Top 16. Isn't that right? What's missing?
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

It was confirmed that Kotetsu vs Satoshi is in the 4th round...so, not counting vs Shooti, it is safe to assume that Sato vs Kotetsu is top 8.

And speaking of troll boy ala Kotetsu, I'm so tried of people, who question Satoshi's ability to beat Kotetsu. Come one! Satoshi will win for sure.

Now back to topic, while it is somewhat overtop, I can honestly see Satoshi wining the league. Think about it. Sato wwould win the league in which he nuked his main rival in the prelems! what's more symbolic than that? SAto could destroy Virgil and than face Mr.X he could win using a great team that consists of all his past poke ana voila we have a cup XD
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WindBlast View Post
    It was confirmed that Kotetsu vs Satoshi is in the 4th round...so, not counting vs Shooti, it is safe to assume that Sato vs Kotetsu is top 8.
    Why would you not count with Trip's battle? His and Ash's battle was the first battle among Top 128, and then with his second battle being against Stephan, third against CoTD, and fourth Kotetsu? Isn't that the way it is? If that's the case, his battle against Kotetsu will be Top 16.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WindBlast View Post
    Why would you not count with Trip's battle? His and Ash's battle was the first battle among Top 128, and then with his second battle being against Stephan, third against CoTD, and fourth Kotetsu? Isn't that the way it is? If that's the case, his battle against Kotetsu will be Top 16.
    Ok, but I think it is confirmed that Stoshi faces Shooti in the prelims! and prelims are not part of the actual tournament. making the 4th round is top 8.
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast