Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

  1. #31
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    I think both Lizardon and Goukazaru could potentially win against Takuto's Darkrai and Latios. While I like Satoshi's Jukain more than the two Fire-type starters, I don't think it is stronger than them and it managed to defeat Darkrai, so...

  2. #32
    Color me Colorless. Chime Nume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In a snowglobe.
    Posts
    114
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Chime Nume On Twitter Add Chime Nume on Facebook Add Chime Nume on Google+
    Follow Chime Nume on Tumblr Visit Chime Nume's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Well. In my opinion...no they could not. To be perfectly honest, Infernape isn't powerful enough to beat a legendary Pokemon. Sure, its moves have merit and all, but I just can't see it beating Darkrai nor can I see it beating Latios. To be perfectly honest, I really feel like it would be KOd in about three moves. Yeah, three moves and no more than that. I don't doubt its potential if he were to use it, but honestly, it's kind of not that powerful against his Latios. Okay, so then again, maybe Infernape could beat Darkrai because of type advantage, but remember how sometimes in the anime...the type disadvantage wins? So, there's that, too. So, it could beat Darkrai, then he'd send out his Latios and the Latios would use a Psychic attack and beat Infernape. That's just my thought on this. As for Charizard, well, with all the attacks it has, I'm pretty sure it could possibly beat both Darkrai and Latios. Especially Latios since we all know his Charizard knows a few Dragon Type attacks. Though, honestly, it could be an even match because Charizard is powerful, but not ~godly powerful~ if you catch my drift here... so, yeah, Charizard could, with no doubt beat both the Pokemon--but we'll never know what other Pokemon Tobias has, but I still think, despite that fact, Ash would never be able to beat him. (Hey, he could have a Celebi on his team, even.) But, yeah. You get my point. xD
    Spypitoad likes this.

    Ever Grande City. The most amazing forum on the internet! Come on down and join EGC today!
    Banner made by me.



  3. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    470

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ventracolt View Post
    Well. In my opinion...no they could not. To be perfectly honest, Infernape isn't powerful enough to beat a legendary Pokemon. Sure, its moves have merit and all, but I just can't see it beating Darkrai nor can I see it beating Latios. To be perfectly honest, I really feel like it would be KOd in about three moves. Yeah, three moves and no more than that. I don't doubt its potential if he were to use it, but honestly, it's kind of not that powerful against his Latios. Okay, so then again, maybe Infernape could beat Darkrai because of type advantage, but remember how sometimes in the anime...the type disadvantage wins? So, there's that, too. So, it could beat Darkrai, then he'd send out his Latios and the Latios would use a Psychic attack and beat Infernape. That's just my thought on this. As for Charizard, well, with all the attacks it has, I'm pretty sure it could possibly beat both Darkrai and Latios. Especially Latios since we all know his Charizard knows a few Dragon Type attacks. Though, honestly, it could be an even match because Charizard is powerful, but not ~godly powerful~ if you catch my drift here... so, yeah, Charizard could, with no doubt beat both the Pokemon--but we'll never know what other Pokemon Tobias has, but I still think, despite that fact, Ash would never be able to beat him. (Hey, he could have a Celebi on his team, even.) But, yeah. You get my point. xD
    I don't get your point lol. You start off saying one thing then kind of change your mind a few times through your post. You start off saying they couldn't beat them, then you say Infernape probably couldn't, then maybe could beat Darkrai, but not Latios (which is fair). Then you say Charizard could beat both, especially Latios (also fair). And then you say that Ash wouldn't be able to beat Tobias, which isn't actually what this thread is asking.

    Is your point that Infernape and Charizard could take out Darkrai and Latios, but that Ash would still lose a 6 v 6 against Tobias overall?

  4. #34
    Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Cerulean Gym, missing Ash and Brock
    Posts
    390
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Without plot armor, yes. Tobias wasn't all that impressive, only his Pokemon were- but they're notasstrong as their movie portrayals.

  5. #35
    Who's The Star Now? watts63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    171

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    I can definitely see Charizard beating Darkrai & Latios, but I don't give Infernape a chance in hell of winning, even with the overuse of Blaze.

  6. #36
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,364
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by watts63 View Post
    I can definitely see Charizard beating Darkrai & Latios, but I don't give Infernape a chance in hell of winning, even with the overuse of Blaze.
    Infernape would probably win against Darkrai but he has no chance against Latios.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  7. #37
    Dawnboy Mega Charizard X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    156
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    They could beat them, but it doesn't mean they will. The writers decide who wins.

  8. #38
    I'm just Saiyan... PiccoloX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas, Dallas
    Posts
    390
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    No. I may be remembering a different episode, but wasn't the only reason Ash's pokemon stood a chance against Darkrai because it could combat it's sleep attack?
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

    RP Story: World Without Legends (ongoing)
    PS- I hope you like nightmares. >}
    Story Registry: Signups


  9. #39
    OAAAAAAAAAAKED Trevenant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    456
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by PiccoloX83 View Post
    No. I may be remembering a different episode, but wasn't the only reason Ash's pokemon stood a chance against Darkrai because it could combat it's sleep attack?
    Nah. Ash tried to use Heracross because it knew Sleep Talk, but Darkrai KO'd it pretty quickly. Sceptile won because it had both speed and strength and it managed to wake up after hearing Ash call out for it.

  10. #40
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,364
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Non View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PiccoloX83 View Post
    No. I may be remembering a different episode, but wasn't the only reason Ash's pokemon stood a chance against Darkrai because it could combat it's sleep attack?
    Nah. Ash tried to use Heracross because it knew Sleep Talk, but Darkrai KO'd it pretty quickly. Sceptile won because it had both speed and strength and it managed to wake up after hearing Ash call out for it.
    Yeah. But why on earth did Ash use Torkoal against Darkrai?
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  11. #41
    OAAAAAAAAAAKED Trevenant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    456
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Non View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PiccoloX83 View Post
    No. I may be remembering a different episode, but wasn't the only reason Ash's pokemon stood a chance against Darkrai because it could combat it's sleep attack?
    Nah. Ash tried to use Heracross because it knew Sleep Talk, but Darkrai KO'd it pretty quickly. Sceptile won because it had both speed and strength and it managed to wake up after hearing Ash call out for it.
    Yeah. But why on earth did Ash use Torkoal against Darkrai?
    Not sure. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say it's probably because Torkoal has relatively high defenses and Overheat, an attack that has a lot of damage output. Unfortunately, Torkoal was KO'd in a single hit, so it didn't matter very much.

  12. #42
    Melodies Of Life Sweenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    No idea why ash used that team against tobias, it's like he wanted to lose

    anyways, infernape would be able to wipe out darkrai pretty quick, but latios is another question
    Charizard is 50/50 on both
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

    Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

  13. #43
    Eternal ComakariShipper dracoflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    119
    Blog Entries
    4

    Follow dracoflare on Tumblr

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I think both Lizardon and Goukazaru could potentially win against Takuto's Darkrai and Latios. While I like Satoshi's Jukain more than the two Fire-type starters, I don't think it is stronger than them and it managed to defeat Darkrai, so...
    This is a highly subjective topic but I will still make an argument. :P

    I personally believe Jukain is on the same level as Lizardon and Goukazaru, especially the latter. Most of the things that happen in a battle are circumstantial, and so are the choices Satoshi makes. I would like to remind everyone of Jukain's performance against Nendoll before we get deep into the subject.

    Jukain has been ordered to use Quick Attack, as Satoshi placed his bets on Jukain's speed rather than bulk. He wanted to handle the battle like he did with Jukain in many other battles. However, Satoshi isn't privy to the fact that Darkrai is super fast. He makes a tactical error and he pays to it by letting Jukain be exposed to a close ranged Ice Beam. However, had he knew that, he would have definitely focused more on dodging and attack with Jukain's Leaf Storm from a long range.

    About Lizardon, now if we assume Satoshi goes in with the same wrong assumption about Darkrai's speed he would make a grave mistake. He would first begin with the obvious move, Flamethrower. Darkrai's Dark Pulse not only overwhelmed Cotoise but even managed to knock it one hit. In other words, even if you assume that Cotoise as weak, it is safe to say that it can still overwhelm Lizardon's flamethrower and deal a good number on it.

    That will be round 1. But Satoshi will come to senses and try to dodge the second time (best case scenario). He could underestimate Darkrai's speed and try to move around, attack with Flamethrower from a distance (something he does and kinda fails in the Lizardon versus Kamex battle). But that won't work against Darkrai, because Darkrai is pretty fast (as proved by it's ability to weave around Draco Meteor) and possibly outspeed Lizardon (safe to assume because Lizardon is definitely slower than a Quick Attack using Jukain and Darkrai is faster than that) and either finish it off with a close ranged Dark Pulse or severely cripple it.

    But if Ash follows the other tactic and tries to close down on Darkrai and use techniques like Steel Wing (Side Note: I love the name Hagane no Tsubasa) or Seismic Toss, then he will be punished immediately by a Dark Void and Dream Eater combination. If that happens Lizardon is a goner.

    Now let's just assume by some kind of luck, Lizardon does get up before Dream Eater finishes it much like Jukain, it could immediately grab Darkrai and take off into the air and finish it off with Seismic Toss. But that means Lizardon is no better than Jukain here.

    Now take Goukazaru. The obvious strategy Ash would use here is Mach Punch because that's how his head works. He always calls out a powerful and reliable long ranged move like Thunderbolt/Flamethrower or get close and attack using Quick Attack/Mach Punch. Now if Darkrai dodged Jukain's Quick Attack, the chances of Mach Punch hitting are slim. However, Goukazaru holds the distinct advantage of using another Mach Punch like he does against Oba. Now that could work and Darkrai could take a chunk of damage but what next? Takuto won't just sit and let Darkrai taking hits, so he would immediately order a Dark Void. Goukazaru is weak against Dream Eater and will immediately be cut off unlike in Jukain's case.

    However, there's a very good chance Darkrai could be too injured to immediately use a Dark Void or a Dark Pulse. Then if Ash is on his top game, he would order consecutive Mach Punch and theoretically beat Darkrai before it could even recover. He used the repeated Quick Attack strategy against Kotetsu's Lucario, nothing is there to stop him here. So Goukazaru could potentially win without much damage.

    So, all the three have equal chances of beating Darkrai. Well, maybe Goukazaru a bit higher but I definitely see Takuto trying to put him to sleep first rather than attack with Dark Pulse or Ice Beam. I tried making moves in Ash's style :o
    Reila likes this.
    Ever read an Ikari+Pearlshipping fic set in an AU?



    Other Fanfiction
    Road to be a Pokemon Master <---Slightly Popular Tournament Fic featuring Ash.
    Beyond Truths and Ideals<--Featuring a clash between Ash, N, Team Rocket,Team Plasma and much more.
    50 Shippings to Boot With<--Mega Project to write 50 One-shots for 50 different Shippings.

  14. #44
    Ook ook! Eek eek! MonkeyBoy210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Grooseland
    Posts
    2,767
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Charizard has shown that he can handle himself pretty well in battles with Legendaries and he has defeated Nolan's Articuno. I think Charizard would've been able to show Trollbias who's boss. I think Infernape would fare rather well against Darkrai since it didn't have any moves that could really devastate Infernape, and plus Infernape did have a super effective move, though its base power is only 40, though he does get STAB and double damage since Mach Punch is super effective.
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •