Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

  1. #1
    . Ishida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nah
    Posts
    891
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    I always thought that if Ash used at least one of them the battle would have went a little smoother I don't think he would have won but still..Blaze and Charizard's power would have definitely been helpful.

  2. #2
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,082
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    They could have if the writers actually used them rather than torkoal and gible and swellow.
    Ishida, Yato and FANG-TAN like this.

  3. #3
    . Ishida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nah
    Posts
    891
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Swellow actually has a lot of wins I'm surprised the writers made it lose the way it did.
    Catzeye and FANG-TAN like this.

  4. #4
    Sky Battler! Catzeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishida View Post
    Swellow actually has a lot of wins I'm surprised the writers made it lose the way it did.
    Same here. Swellow is one of his better Pokemon.

    But I could definitely see Charizard doing well against Latios and defeating it. Infernape would be a good match against Darkrai but I think it was probably still worn out from its battle with Paul.

    Check out my tumblr!

    Fanfiction <- Please read and review if you like?

  5. #5
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    I think Darkrai could handle a overrated Charizard but Infernape may be able to defeat it thanks to its type advantage. But Latios would beat Infernape and probably Charizard too. And if Infernape and Charizard defeated Darkrai and Latios, Tobias would only bring in a third legendary and destroy Ash anyway.
    Shiny Blaze likes this.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Could easily see Charizard beating both, especially Latios. An air battle with a Dragon move and he's golden. Infernape wouldn't do great against Latios, most likely losing, but I think he would have a shot against Darkrai. Type advantage plus his high speed and dig in order to dodge Dark Void. If he can dodge Dark void then he only has Ice beam and Dark pulse to contend with, both not very effective against Infernape.

    In fact, Infernape may even do better against Darkrai than Charizard would.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

  7. #7
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Could easily see Charizard beating both, especially Latios. An air battle with a Dragon move and he's golden. Infernape wouldn't do great against Latios, most likely losing, but I think he would have a shot against Darkrai. Type advantage plus his high speed and dig in order to dodge Dark Void. If he can dodge Dark void then he only has Ice beam and Dark pulse to contend with, both not very effective against Infernape.

    In fact, Infernape may even do better against Darkrai than Charizard would.
    How should Charizard be able to handle Darkrai?
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Could easily see Charizard beating both, especially Latios. An air battle with a Dragon move and he's golden. Infernape wouldn't do great against Latios, most likely losing, but I think he would have a shot against Darkrai. Type advantage plus his high speed and dig in order to dodge Dark Void. If he can dodge Dark void then he only has Ice beam and Dark pulse to contend with, both not very effective against Infernape.

    In fact, Infernape may even do better against Darkrai than Charizard would.
    How should Charizard be able to handle Darkrai?
    Oh you know, because he's super powerful.

    Sceptile managed it with a couple of leaf blades. I'm sure Charizard can handle it. Plus he may still have had seismic toss in his move set at that point.

  9. #9
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Could easily see Charizard beating both, especially Latios. An air battle with a Dragon move and he's golden. Infernape wouldn't do great against Latios, most likely losing, but I think he would have a shot against Darkrai. Type advantage plus his high speed and dig in order to dodge Dark Void. If he can dodge Dark void then he only has Ice beam and Dark pulse to contend with, both not very effective against Infernape.

    In fact, Infernape may even do better against Darkrai than Charizard would.
    How should Charizard be able to handle Darkrai?
    Oh you know, because he's super powerful.

    Sceptile managed it with a couple of leaf blades. I'm sure Charizard can handle it. Plus he may still have had seismic toss in his move set at that point.
    Charizard is super overrated. But I agree that he could win if he had Seismic Toss.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Could easily see Charizard beating both, especially Latios. An air battle with a Dragon move and he's golden. Infernape wouldn't do great against Latios, most likely losing, but I think he would have a shot against Darkrai. Type advantage plus his high speed and dig in order to dodge Dark Void. If he can dodge Dark void then he only has Ice beam and Dark pulse to contend with, both not very effective against Infernape.

    In fact, Infernape may even do better against Darkrai than Charizard would.
    How should Charizard be able to handle Darkrai?
    Oh you know, because he's super powerful.

    Sceptile managed it with a couple of leaf blades. I'm sure Charizard can handle it. Plus he may still have had seismic toss in his move set at that point.
    Charizard is super overrated. But I agree that he could win if he had Seismic Toss.
    In what way is he Overrated? He's shown time and time again that he's extremely powerful

  11. #11
    Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    With Infernape's type advantage, and Darkrai's lack of effective moves against Infernape,I think he could handle and probably defeat Darkrai. Charizard can fly, is very powerful, and does know a few dragon-type moves so he might have been able to handle Latios. He probably could have been able to defeat it. After all, Pikachu was able to defeat it and he mainly used not very effective electric type moves, so I'm sure a Charizard with super effective moves could probably win.

  12. #12
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Could easily see Charizard beating both, especially Latios. An air battle with a Dragon move and he's golden. Infernape wouldn't do great against Latios, most likely losing, but I think he would have a shot against Darkrai. Type advantage plus his high speed and dig in order to dodge Dark Void. If he can dodge Dark void then he only has Ice beam and Dark pulse to contend with, both not very effective against Infernape.

    In fact, Infernape may even do better against Darkrai than Charizard would.
    How should Charizard be able to handle Darkrai?
    Oh you know, because he's super powerful.

    Sceptile managed it with a couple of leaf blades. I'm sure Charizard can handle it. Plus he may still have had seismic toss in his move set at that point.
    Charizard is super overrated. But I agree that he could win if he had Seismic Toss.
    In what way is he Overrated? He's shown time and time again that he's extremely powerful
    He is powerful and has proofed it many times but he is not unbeatable. I can mention a lot of pokemons who can beat him. For example Cilans Crustle or Ashs Palpitoad. Against Darkrai he would probably be put to sleep and hit by Dream Eater which would inflict massihe damage on him. One Dark Pulse could probably finish him off after that. If Darkrai has fighted other pokemons before Charizard then Charizard would have a big chance of winning but otherwise no.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  13. #13
    Registered User SamurottMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Swimming to Kalos
    Posts
    115
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    If Ash used Infernape and Charizard, he probably would have defeated 3 or 4 of Tobias's pokemon and then lose when Tobias sends out Arceus.
    Reila likes this.
    YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Could easily see Charizard beating both, especially Latios. An air battle with a Dragon move and he's golden. Infernape wouldn't do great against Latios, most likely losing, but I think he would have a shot against Darkrai. Type advantage plus his high speed and dig in order to dodge Dark Void. If he can dodge Dark void then he only has Ice beam and Dark pulse to contend with, both not very effective against Infernape.

    In fact, Infernape may even do better against Darkrai than Charizard would.
    How should Charizard be able to handle Darkrai?
    Oh you know, because he's super powerful.

    Sceptile managed it with a couple of leaf blades. I'm sure Charizard can handle it. Plus he may still have had seismic toss in his move set at that point.
    Charizard is super overrated. But I agree that he could win if he had Seismic Toss.
    In what way is he Overrated? He's shown time and time again that he's extremely powerful
    He is powerful and has proofed it many times but he is not unbeatable. I can mention a lot of pokemons who can beat him. For example Cilans Crustle or Ashs Palpitoad. Against Darkrai he would probably be put to sleep and hit by Dream Eater which would inflict massihe damage on him. One Dark Pulse could probably finish him off after that. If Darkrai has fighted other pokemons before Charizard then Charizard would have a big chance of winning but otherwise no.
    Please tell me you're kidding. The Idea of Palpitoad being able to beat Charizard is just laughable (I get the sneaking suspicion that you are just a tad biased when it comes to Palpitoad). And If Crustle and Charizard were to battle (which would be a cool battle), I could still see Charizard coming out on top. Experience can outweigh type advantage.

    And about the Dream eater thing, why would that do massive amounts of damage??? Same thing could be said about Sceptile and he woke up and beat Darkrai, after being hit by a super effective Ice beam and a Dream eater
    Hidden Mew likes this.

  15. #15
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    Could easily see Charizard beating both, especially Latios. An air battle with a Dragon move and he's golden. Infernape wouldn't do great against Latios, most likely losing, but I think he would have a shot against Darkrai. Type advantage plus his high speed and dig in order to dodge Dark Void. If he can dodge Dark void then he only has Ice beam and Dark pulse to contend with, both not very effective against Infernape.

    In fact, Infernape may even do better against Darkrai than Charizard would.
    How should Charizard be able to handle Darkrai?
    Oh you know, because he's super powerful.

    Sceptile managed it with a couple of leaf blades. I'm sure Charizard can handle it. Plus he may still have had seismic toss in his move set at that point.
    Charizard is super overrated. But I agree that he could win if he had Seismic Toss.
    In what way is he Overrated? He's shown time and time again that he's extremely powerful
    He is powerful and has proofed it many times but he is not unbeatable. I can mention a lot of pokemons who can beat him. For example Cilans Crustle or Ashs Palpitoad. Against Darkrai he would probably be put to sleep and hit by Dream Eater which would inflict massihe damage on him. One Dark Pulse could probably finish him off after that. If Darkrai has fighted other pokemons before Charizard then Charizard would have a big chance of winning but otherwise no.
    Please tell me you're kidding. The Idea of Palpitoad being able to beat Charizard is just laughable (I get the sneaking suspicion that you are just a tad biased when it comes to Palpitoad). And If Crustle and Charizard were to battle (which would be a cool battle), I could still see Charizard coming out on top. Experience can outweigh type advantage.

    And about the Dream eater thing, why would that do massive amounts of damage??? Same thing could be said about Sceptile and he woke up and beat Darkrai, after being hit by a super effective Ice beam and a Dream eater
    Dream Eater would do massive damage because of that Darkrai is a legendary. And I will confess that I may overrate Palpitoad sometimes but I think that he can win over Charizard. And Sceptail surviving those moves was not logic. But I guess that Sceptail is very very sturdy.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •