Clemont and bonnie speculation/discussion thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Clemont and bonnie speculation/discussion thread

Default Re: Clemont and bonnie speculation/discussion thread

My theory is that a Robot he created hijacked the Gym. So now he has to get it back and fix the robot. And after fixed, he'll leave the Gym with the Robot and travel with Ash.
    Al least that's what the previews led me to believe.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Lukah View Post
    My theory is that a Robot he created hijacked the Gym. So now he has to get it back and fix the robot. And after fixed, he'll leave the Gym with the Robot and travel with Ash.
    Al least that's what the previews led me to believe.
    I had a similar theory about a hijacked gym, and you're right in that it's probably the robot :p My take is that because Citron doesn't have his own badges (...he only has ones to give out) he can't access his gym, which also gives him the perfect excuse to travel around with Satoshi - not only can he learn about his battle style and learn from Satoshi's devotion to Pokemon (so when the time comes and they battle for a badge he can kick his ass - but he can also be with someone that absolutely will get four badges in a relatively swift amount of time so that Citron can access his gym again and override the programming or something with his nerd powers :'D

In terms of general speculation, the Citron/Satoshi dynamic reads very guile hero/action hero. I think they can afford to learn a lot from each other because of their fundamentally different approaches to things. Citron is very calculated and Satoshi's genius at innovation throws him off. As far as Eureka goes, clearly she is Citron's crutch in probably more ways than one. If Pokemon were a darker anime I'd like to think that a kid like Citron swore to raise his sister properly based on certain extenuating circumstances (dead/neglectful parents, etc.) and that's why he's so fixated on protecting her. I also think that Citron is the type to have "OH NO MY SISTER IS GROWING UP!!!" moments and angst about it. I think an interesting thing to see throughout the series is both of these characters earning their independence from one another while still remaining close/tight sibs. Like, if anyone remembers the Yamato/Takeru dynamic in Digimon Adventure I can picture a very similar dynamic here - (over)protective older brother, almost to a fault, with a rapidly growing younger sibling....

Follow PokémonJesus On Twitter

Ok first off, Clemont! His inventor gimmick is fine I guess....it has the potential to lead to some funny and hilarious moments in the run of this series. The one thing I’m iffy on is his gym leader role...but I guess I shouldn't judge that yet until he explains himself on why he's not in the gym. We know that Clemont isn't the first gym leader in the games so I guess we'll have to wait for quite a while until we get to that part...

Next we have Bonnie, who may have that "Brock" vibe (in the form oh his women obsession)...this will bring a funny dynamic I think, since she'll try to find her older brother a wife lol

Clemont & Bonnie are bringing back that sibling relationship from the AG series and HOLY CRAP, we get an equal amount of genders in the group for once!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Ash and his buddies have been entertaining me since 1998
    ALRIGHTY! Until next time...PEACE!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234