Charizard's return to the Anime. For or Against? - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Charizard's return to the Anime. For or Against?

Default Re: Charizard's return to the Anime. For or Against?

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash's Battle Coach View Post

I think he'll be around for a while, as the ending would suggest
    He's probably not even going to appear till the tail-end of this arc, closer to the time the movie hits. If you noticed we gave 6 announced titles so far and he hasn't appeared yet.

People seem to think Charizard is returning to Ash's roster like we're in early Johto again, it sure as hell is not happening.
    I agree with this. Just like the return of past female travel companions, Charizard's return feels like it will be a small arc to the overall season. He's not going to be a main character.
    Protecting Ash against Reshiram in the opening doesn't give a feel he will not be around serious businesses. Also, every time he returned he gave Ash quite a help to his journey.

I am so here for it, I love Charizard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash's Battle Coach View Post

I think he'll be around for a while, as the ending would suggest
    He's probably not even going to appear till the tail-end of this arc, closer to the time the movie hits. If you noticed we gave 6 announced titles so far and he hasn't appeared yet.

People seem to think Charizard is returning to Ash's roster like we're in early Johto again, it sure as hell is not happening.
    I agree with this. Just like the return of past female travel companions, Charizard's return feels like it will be a small arc to the overall season. He's not going to be a main character.
    Protecting Ash against Reshiram in the opening doesn't give a feel he will not be around serious businesses. Also, every time he returned he gave Ash quite a help to his journey.
    I agree. I'm just saying it won't be for a long period of time.

Blog Entries

3 things describe how I feel about it:

1. I'm excited to see everyone favorite fire breathing Dragon on the show again BUT I just hope it doesn't fall into the dreaded plot formula. Like it being shadowed in favor of Iris' Dragonite, it losing a battle for the setup of another of Ash's Pokemon taking the win (like against Brandon it lost without defeating a single Pokemon).

2. Not to get off subject but I STRONGLY feel the N-saga should have happened BEFORE the league. Just to give Ash's team some more battles in, a chance for Ash to possibly use Charizard in the league so Ash's doesn't juts "stumble" into the Top 8 with crappy battles and weak Pokemon

3. No doubt, it will have some new moves in its arsenal (Flamethrower and Seismic Toss are for sure still in its arsenal) I'm hoping we finally see BLAST BURN!!!!

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Waaaay against, fan favorite or no.

Satoshi has a bunch of reserves that he didn't use in the Shinou League that are crying out for screentime.

I'll just be upfront:

As shitty as this saga's been, Charizard is a warm reminder of what this series used to be. Just like seeing Muk was a breath of fresh air last episode. Even Johto wasn't this crappy as I've said and I still stand by it. I will admit that Charizard training on its own then coming back and kicking ass under Ash's ownership always left a small sour taste in my mouth, but since it's an original I don't mind really. It would suck for its last appearance to be a loss to a Dusclops anyway.

I must say though, Ash pulling out Kingler or Glalie would have done wonders and been refreshing. Have you seen the League? I would love some constant reminders of what this show was originally founded on.

I'd be happy just to see a Richie flashback at this point...
    Hoopa likes this.

Fuck You, Stealth Rock sqwat500's Avatar

Charizard is possibly Ash's only pokemon that would stand a chanse against Reshiram. Bringing back pokemon such as kingler just dosent make sense. While he is strong, he, just like many of Ash's other pokemon, would stand no chance against Reshiram.
    Hoopa likes this.
    ^Thanks Blazeaking Ex!

As someone who has been waiting for 6+ years and think that BW is the worst saga ever and thinks the unova league was shit with only 1 full battle I am 100% for charizard coming back and maybe make my watching BW for the last 2 years worth it.
    It's my favourite of Ash's pokemon and my favourite starter overall so it could save the anime for me as long as the writers don't screw up the plasma ark.
    Hoopa likes this.

I've been a fan since gen 1 when things were simple and EVs didn't exist but I still think the newer games are awesome.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

I am not against it returning but only if the writers treat it fairly. BW has been a wild ride so far, so you never know.
    Trainer Gabriel likes this.

Having Charizard come back after all the shit we've had to endure this saga is like finding out that you aren't really lactose intolerant and can finally have ice cream. Granted, there are loads more Pokes that deserve to come back over Charizard, but if bringing him back is some sort of foreshadowing of bringing back the old Ash, I'm all for it.

I mean AG and DP Ash of course.
    Blazing Charmander likes this.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

The thing is though, if the writers had spent more time developing his Unova Pokemon, it could be one of them fighting Reshiram. They wouldn't even have to bring Charizard in. That's why Ash's catching more than 6 Pokemon at a time isn't always a good thing.
    G50, Cinderfella and H.M like this.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post
    The thing is though, if the writers had spent more time developing his Unova Pokemon, it could be one of them fighting Reshiram. They wouldn't even have to bring Charizard in. That's why Ash's catching more than 6 Pokemon at a time isn't always a good thing.
    I dunno. None of them are really that intimidating or cool aside from Krookodile, and he can't even fly. Not to mention, Charizard has popularity on his side, which is a pretty big incentive to watch the arc. I don't think many people would be interested if one of the pulls of the arc was "Scraggy/Unfezant battles Reshiram."
    martianmister and HumanDawn like this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post
    I dunno. None of them are really that intimidating or cool aside from Krookodile, and he can't even fly. Not to mention, Charizard has popularity on his side, which is a pretty big incentive to watch the arc. I don't think many people would be interested if one of the pulls of the arc was "Scraggy/Unfezant battles Reshiram."
    If Ash had an emboar and a big flier like Hydreigon that would be a battle for the ages :D

Charizard is shown fighting Reshiram in the trailer. There is no reason for me to complain.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't be surprised if Charizard just comes back to get its ass kicked by legendaries. After all, when it came back to battle Brandon it lost quickly to Dusclops and didn't get a single win.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast