Charizard's return to the Anime. For or Against?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charizard's return to the Anime. For or Against?

Default Charizard's return to the Anime. For or Against?

So as we know, Ash's Charizard is making a comeback after 6 and a halfish years or 2 regions worth of absence. So what I want to know is, are you all for Charizard's return, or are you against it?

I personally am all for Charizard coming back for a spell and joining Ash's team. He's not my favourite of Ash's pokemon but he is up there and I definitely consider him to be his strongest. I also want him to have learnt a new move, possibly dragon rush. I can understand why some people may not want to see Charizard again though.

I am a little worried though. With best wishes poor writing record, I can't help but think the writers are going to mess it up somehow. IMO they handled the return of Dawn very badly, so who knows what they can do to Charizard.

Anyway, thoughts?

Default Re: Charizard's return to the Anime. For or Against?

Well, judging from the recent ending theme from the start of Episode N, we'll probably see some fights between Charizard and Dragonite. Probably an episode or whatever about them, filler or not, and *cringes* take up more screen time than the rest of the Pokemon or the cast. *sigh* Do your worst, "Best Wishes".
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I saw Charizard vs Reshiram

Ain't complaining.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Ugh, CHARIZARD? Why couldn't it have been Infernape? He's way cooler. I'm disappointed.

Blog Entries

Charizard's a really cool Pokémon. It was the first Pokémon of Ash's that I considered to be badass, and combined with its awesome power it also had a great personality. It was the kind of Pokémon most people would come to consider be Ash's ace, and it was someone that both could talk-the-talk and walk-the-walk. It's a really cool Pokémon, and we've seen it be used in some of Ash's most important battles.

Not going to deny that Charizard is a really awesome Pokémon, but to be perfectly honest... I really... don't care... all that much for it.

I mean, it's really awesome that it's back and all, and I probably should be completely fangasming over it due to the fact that I've been following the series since it first started, but with all the other awesome stuff going on (Team Plasma, Ghetsis, Reshiram, N...) I can't bring myself to care all that much for it.

Even though nostalgia is there, my excitement for Charizard is far away from the excitement I feel for the whole Episode N plot, unfortunately. I prefer seeing new stuff than getting the old back. Out with the old, in with N the new.

Still am looking forward to some awesome battles that I'm sure that we'll get to see with Charizard, and probably with Dragonite too. Seeing the interactions between the two of them will surely be interesting! Both of them are awesomes dragonical beasts, seeing them team up together is something I'd love to see.

So, all in all, I really am not super exicted as most people are, but its return is cool. I'm mostly happy for all the people who really adore Charizard though, I'm really glad for their sake.

Charizard has come back so many times now that its just not that interesting anymore. I was happy to see it again in Johto and AG because it was the first time it returned.

It makes me sad knowing some of Ash's other Pokemon like Glalie, Muk, the Johto starters or even the Sinnoh team may not be used again.

Would've been nice if it was any of Ash's other powerhouses (Snorlax, Glalie, Infernape, etc). Charizard is just so over used. I guess to fight Reshiram or whatever, Ash needs a super strong Pokemon that can also fly and be on par with Iris's Dragonite.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~

It's a sad day when you realize we'll probably never see the likes of Muk, or Kingler in a battle ever again

I want to see Kingler come back and work those cookie claws again. Or for Pidgeot to swoop in for a bit, that'd be ahMAHzing.

It's just that Charizard is such an obvious choice. Great, but... obvious.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. Mewtwo

I'm ok with Charizard returning but I would have preferred the return of the Pokemon that Ash released: Pidgeot, Butterfree, and Lapras.

Blog Entries

Seeing how Charizard faces off with Reshiram in the opening, not only am i glad he's back but im also glad to see he didn't get regress like Ash and Pikachu did.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As of yet, I'm all for it, I guess. Charizard may be overused, but...eh, at least we get to see one of Ash's older Pokes again.

Blog Entries

About the only thing they could do instead of bringing Charizard back would be to get Ash to catch/use Zekrom. I remember making the comment about how weak Ash looked in the Meloetta specials where he was left with Unfezant while Iris had Dragonite, Cynthia had Garchomp and the guy with a Golurk had a Golurk - I'm glad that Ash will have a Pokemon that can legitimately look strong against a legendary Pokemon, as no matter how strong Pikachu actually is, it will always be a small Pokemon stuck on the ground - and putting Pikachu on the back of a flying type is bad for both Pokemon.

As I said in another thread I hope that Charizard goes back to Oak's - it would mean a lot to say that Charizard achieved all it could training without Ash, and that the time they spend together in this arc help show Charizard that he's Ash is a far stronger trainer than the one that left him there. If Charizard instead just goes back on its own, it says that Ash is just calling in a Pokemon that's most powerful than he is because he can't win a battle without it, which while probably true, is bad for Ash's development.

I also hope Ash rides on his back.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash's Charizard is a classic character. It's no different than bringing back Dawn or Cynthia for several episodes.

When I first saw the Episode N poster, I thought "this will be the fanservice arc."

It probably won't be around long. It'll be there to help Ash for a few episodes then go back to Charicific Valley.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast