PREVIEW: "Celebration of the 15th Anniversary!" Super Ranking of the Greatest Pokemon Movie Sc - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "Celebration of the 15th Anniversary!" Super Ranking of the Greatest Pokemon Movie Sc

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: 15th Anniversary Movie Special on 8/16

Honestly, this sounds pretty cool to me. I like ranking the movies and I think it could be interesting to see the list that they make for this special and the highlights they choose for each movie. It sounds like a fun special to celebrate the 15th anniversary.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Sounds like a great idea! Although I must say that all these episode breaks are kinda annoying, especially when they'll be taking place in the middle of the tournament. But, I guess there's nothing to do about it.

Lucario & The Mystery of Mew better receive 1st place. That must happen, but if they're ranking the movies after the amount of screentime they received I could definitely see the second movie becoming their favored movie.

Either the Giratina or the Zoroark movie should come in dead last.
    투 애니원 likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Lucario & The Mystery of Mew better receive 1st place. That must happen, but if they're ranking the movies after the amount of screentime they received I could definitely see the second movie becoming their favored movie.
    I would love to see that since Lucario and The Mystery of Mew is my favorite movie. I'd be happy to see it in the top five at least, but being in first place would be awesome. The second movie probably has a good chance of becoming their favorite movie or at least getting a high rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet
    Either the Giratina or the Zoroark movie should come in dead last.
    I think I'd prefer to see Destiny Dexoys or even the Victini movie in last place over the Zoroark movie. It wasn't one of my favorites, but I thought that the Zoroark movie was pretty decent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I would love to see that since Lucario and The Mystery of Mew is my favorite movie. I'd be happy to see it in the top five at least, but being in first place would be awesome. The second movie probably has a good chance of becoming their favorite movie or at least getting a high rank.
    Yeah, it's my favorite movie too. I could definitely see it making up to the top five, but receiving the 1st place will hard, since lots of movies in the series actually are quite good.

I think I'd prefer to see Destiny Dexoys or even the Victini movie in last place over the Zoroark movie. It wasn't one of my favorites, but I thought that the Zoroark movie was pretty decent.
    I actually can agree with you on the Victini movie, it got kinda stale due to Iris and Cilan being all left behind and Ash stealing up all of the screentime, but I actually enjoyed the first half of the movie a lot, so it's not that bad if you were to ask me. Also, I actually would be surprised if they actually were to put that movie in a low place. It is after all only one year old, and the DVDs are still surely selling, so in order to keep the adveritising for BW up I could see them giving the movie a high place just for the sake of that, y'know.

I could be completely wrong, but I just felt like that'd be a logical thing to do.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

The Arceus movie better be dead last. And seeing the second movie up high would be great. I know some of us older fans don't expect younger fans to be familiar with every episode of a 15 year old series, but is it more likely for them to be familiar with all of the movies?

I also think it would be pretty funny if they just don't rank the first movie because they don't remember it ever happening.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

I don't like having a break in the middle of a tournament, especially for something as "pointless" as this. I would've preferred a different type of special on Pokemon Smash or something. If this is an hour long, well I feel sorry for the poor Naruto fans as well. We will be up to, what, 3 breaks in the future including this if it's an hour long?

I honestly couldn't give a crap about how the movies rank based on what Team Rocket thinks. I bet the 2nd movie will be the highest given that TR had their biggest movie role in it.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    \Hey, Shopro? How about you make an actual movie/special like you did for the 10th anniversary and stop giving fans random nonsense? (you do that almost every week with the show)
    Some fans are excited about this you know.

And Mastermind was TPCi's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    If this is an hour long,
    It's 30 minutes.
    Jeshi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Yeah, it's my favorite movie too. I could definitely see it making up to the top five, but receiving the 1st place will hard, since lots of movies in the series actually are quite good.
    That's definitely true. Seeing it get to 1st place would be a great treat, but I'd be happy with seeing it somewhere in the top five at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet
    I actually can agree with you on the Victini movie, it got kinda stale due to Iris and Cilan being all left behind and Ash stealing up all of the screentime, but I actually enjoyed the first half of the movie a lot, so it's not that bad if you were to ask me. Also, I actually would be surprised if they actually were to put that movie in a low place. It is after all only one year old, and the DVDs are still surely selling, so in order to keep the adveritising for BW up I could see them giving the movie a high place just for the sake of that, y'know.

I could be completely wrong, but I just felt like that'd be a logical thing to do.
    Those were a couple of flaws with the movie that weakened it for me, but the Victini movie just didn't really stand out to me. It wasn't a terrible movie by any means. It was a generally fun and okay movie, but not one of the better movies in my opinion. The Zoroark movie isn't a huge favorite for me, but I thought it was better than the Victini movie, if only for the better villain and action. Though, that's a good point about putting it relatively high on the list at least to hype up the series and so DVDs can still sell pretty well. There's probably a good chance that they'll put an older movie in last place than one of the more recent movies.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLover
    I also think it would be pretty funny if they just don't rank the first movie because they don't remember it ever happening.
    That would actually be pretty hilarious to see them try to describe the movie, only to come up with nothing while the clips roll.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27
    Doesn't sounds like much of a special to me

Hey, Shopro? How about you make an actual movie/special like you did for the 10th anniversary and stop giving fans random nonsense? (you do that almost every week with the show)
    The comment about the show seems rather unnecessary to me and I do think that this sounds pretty cool. It could lead to some funny moments and how they rank the movies could be interesting. Even though, as Musashi already mentioned, TCPI did the tenth anniversary special, I can understand why they aren't making another one for this one. A 15th anniversary isn't usually celebrated as much as a 10th or 20th anniversary. Anniversaries like those are considered more major milestones for a franchise that warrant a bigger celebration.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First Team Rocket took over Professor Oak's Live Caster segment and "they" were giving away merchandise related to the film and B2W2 games to callers over the past few weeks. Then TRio held its own radio program that featured interviews with individuals who worked on the Keldeo film. Now TV TOKYO is expected to air a special during the anime's timeslot commenting on the first fourteen films. This seems to be an awful lot for a fifteenth anniversary film. Imagine what would happen if Pokemon reaches its 20th anniversary film.

Blog Entries

The radio show isn't related to the 15th anniversary at all. They've barely mentioned the movie.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder how they're going to cover 14 movies in a half hour.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I'm betting they'll pick the Lugia movie as their favorite, because ~they helped save the world~

I'm really excited for this special. I think it'll be a nice recap and look back on all of the movies. (Especially for someone like me that hasn't seen all of the movies.) I hope that since the Rockets are doing it that they highlight some of their best moments in the films! Except for the Zekrom/Reshiram movie in which they didn't do shit

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Celebration of the 15th Anniversary!" Super Ranking of the Greatest Pokemon Movi

ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2:あにてれ:テレビ東京

"Celebration of the 15th Anniversary!" Super Ranking of the Greatest Pokemon Movie Scenes Special!!

So it seems this is the best scenes, not counting down the movies. Though I'm sure the TRio saving the day in movie 2 will be there somewhere.

Trophies

Default Re: "Celebration of the 15th Anniversary!" Super Ranking of the Greatest Pokemon Movi

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

"Celebration of the 15th Anniversary!" Super Ranking of the Greatest Pokemon Movie Scenes Special!!

So it seems this is the best scenes, not counting down the movies. Though I'm sure the TRio saving the day in movie 2 will be there somewhere.
    Oh this changes everything then, its no longer so biased to movies. This concept is even better than counting down the best movies because we can see some of the best scenes of the past 14 movie scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

I was hoping that it would be counting down the movies as a whole instead going through some scenes. It's a bit disappointing, but ranking in the scenes could be kind of fun all the same. I'm pretty sure that the scene with the trio saving the day in the second movie will most likely get into the top three, if only be the greatest scene in this countdown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast