PREVIEW: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple! - Page 3

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

Sakaki and Persian confront Satoshi and Pikachu!

cdnsk.bgejkr.fbg

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So it took 15 years to see something that should have happened back in Season 1.

I guess better late than never?

Blog Entries

So much for Persian not having a role.

If anything happens to Giovanni, Persian shouldn't share his fate. I'd like to see it join the trio, but I suppose it could end up with Giovanni's secretary.
    djulienr likes this.

Moe
    Blog Entries

It's kinda disappointing that Pikachu is able to have that battle in that setting - I've always envisioned the final battle against Giovanni to be as a result of Pikachu being properly captured and Ash fighting his way towards where he is being held - so Ash is in full rage mode against him. Perhaps they are trying to engineer this with Meloetta, but the backstory just isn't there yet - it's still a wild Pokemon and nothing particularly special.

Which means inevitably this battle will be of little consequence, unlike the epic battle it could have been with more at stake.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

cdnsk.bgejkr.fbg
    You just made my day.
    Musashi and 투 애니원 like this.

Blog Entries

No way. The battle we've been waiting for for 14 years is finally here? I'd say more, but it'd be assuming too much. Ok, NOW we have Galactic finale status.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

cdnsk.bgejkr.fbg
    15 years and Ash and Giovanni FINNALY have a battle, face to face?

I swear, if this doesn't result in the most awesome fight in the history of the anime, I will be severely disappointed, this is the battle we have been waiting for over 15 years!
    djulienr likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So we have waited fifteen years just for Giovanni to battle Ash, and even much longer than that just to see his Persian compete in a on-screen battle for the first time. For all we know this might just be hype.
    Giovanni Sakaki likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Perhaps they are trying to engineer this with Meloetta, but the backstory just isn't there yet - it's still a wild Pokemon and nothing particularly special.

Which means inevitably this battle will be of little consequence, unlike the epic battle it could have been with more at stake.
    Nothing particularly special? Little consequence? Meoletta is a Legendary Pokemon with the power to manipulate the emotions of people who is also Ash's girlfriend. What's apparently happening in that situation is what every Ash X girl/boy shipper wants to happen; Ash to save *insertloveinterestthatwillnevereverevercometrue* from Giovanni's clutches.

It's finally going to happen with a Pokemon! go figure, this is Ash we're talking about

EDIT:Guys, remember that 2012 April Fools joke?: BW077 - BW086 episode titles revealed! (April Fool's)

BW086: Satoshi VS Sakaki! Pikachu VS Persian!!
    Wow....
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 28th August 2012 at 08:26 AM.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Nothing particularly special? Little consequence?]
    Meloetta was always just going to go away anyway, Team Rocket always fail and Ash always saves the legendary from evil. It's every movie plot and it's every big event episode. It would be perfectly fine if this was just another special episode, but if this is supposed to be the climax of Team Rocket as an organisation, for it to be based around Meloetta sucks.

The thing with Pikachu was about all that distinguishes Team Rocket from generic villians - he's fought/stood ready to fight plenty of other leaders of evil teams - the only reason there's any more weight to him battling Giovanni is because of the past history with Team Rocket's ongoing attempts to capture Pikachu for him. If the plot is going to be the generic 'stop doing that to the poor defenceless legendary Pokemon who could easily kill everyone in this area' - it may as well be against a generic evil team.

Though I suppose you could argue that's what BW Team Rocket is. But all the more reason it's a terrible, rushed climax to a 15 year long storyline.

And I'll continue to talk this episode down in the hope that like every other episode I hate the idea of it turns out to be well executed and enjoyable.

Blog Entries

The thing with Pikachu was about all that distinguishes Team Rocket from generic villians - he's fought/stood ready to fight plenty of other leaders of evil teams - the only reason there's any more weight to him battling Giovanni is because of the past history with Team Rocket's ongoing attempts to capture Pikachu for him. If the plot is going to be the generic 'stop doing that to the poor defenceless legendary Pokemon who could easily kill everyone in this area' - it may as well be against a generic evil team.
    Which goes against:

It's kinda disappointing that Pikachu is able to have that battle in that setting - I've always envisioned the final battle against Giovanni to be as a result of Pikachu being properly captured and Ash fighting his way towards where he is being held - so Ash is in full rage mode against him.
    Giovanni doesn't care about Pikachu. Ash can still be in full rage mode against him since he established a bond with Meloetta(notice how he touches her affectionately in BW091) as well. Besides, the battle wouldn't be as exciting without Pikachu.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Giovanni doesn't care about Pikachu.
    Giovanni doesn't care about Ash either, Ash probably barely has an idea who he is at all. All Ash knows is that he is the head of Team Rocket and Team Rocket are the ones who keep stealing his Pikachu.

I still think Pikachu being successfully stolen is the best way to raise the stakes for Ash. He's quite happy to leave behind all of his Pokemon back at Oak's, randomly shuffle through his Unova Pokemon and to release Pokemon he spent whole regions with. What he doesn't do is let Pikachu go - he'll jump off cliffs chasing Pikachu, he'll stand there getting electrocuted to death for Pikachu, he would in an instant run off and leave all his travelling partners to chase after Pikachu (it's only because they end up following him when he does that it hasn't happened multiple times in the past).

On the other hand Meloetta is just another generic Pokemon, on the same level as how Ash would care about any Pokemon having bad things happening to it. Sure he might have spent a few weeks with it, he might have bonded a bit with it - but it pales in comparison to the potential that exists with a Pikachu related plot.

We have a shell of a Team Rocket having the climactic battle of 15 years over a Pokemon that hasn't been around for 15 episodes.
    djulienr and Giovanni Sakaki like this.

Blog Entries

How about using Meloetta to unleash three more legends and wreaking havoc. Ash isn't fighting for his own sake, but for everyone.
    SammyW27 likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Well.... WORLD DOMINATION!

But yeah, I get what you mean. It still wouldn't be that different from the times when Team Rocket caught Pikachu and Ash beat them. With Meoletta, there's the "World Domination" thing + manipulation. If Ash does not beat Giovanni, his Pikachu's screwed.
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

We have a shell of a Team Rocket having the climactic battle of 15 years over a Pokemon that hasn't been around for 15 episodes.
    I agree with this. Meloetta and the Kami trio look really out of place in what is allegedly Team Rocket's final plan. I still see have a much easier time believing that Operation Tempest is just the beginning of a greater plan, as one of the tweets said.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 25th August 2012, 04:27 AM