PREVIEW: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 202
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

  1. #1
    BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,283
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!


  2. #2
    Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greenbit
    Posts
    502
    Blog Entries
    11
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta

    Meloetta and the Undersea Temple (This title sounds familiar...

  3. #3
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    You'd think they'd just use the ruins, but I guess the writers prefer a temple.

  4. #4
    BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,283
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    Note: Undersea Temple is similar to the Abyssal Ruins' Japanese name. The key difference is "Temple" instead of "Ruins".

    Yet, like the Celestial Tower, they aren't using it for some reason.

    Whatever.

  5. #5
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,026
    Blog Entries
    341

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    I wouldn't be surprised if this IS an episode involving Manaphy, to be honest.

    We haven't had a random Legendary episode in all of Isshu, whereas Sinnoh was filled with them.

  6. #6
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    Considering this is the place the Rockets investigated last month, it's obviously the start of the big Rocket episodes.

  7. #7
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    I was about to ask is this the episode we were seeing in the preview? The next ep might bring back the Kami trio legends.

  8. #8
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Note: Undersea Temple is similar to the Abyssal Ruins' Japanese name. The key difference is "Temple" instead of "Ruins".

    Yet, like the Celestial Tower, they aren't using it for some reason.

    Whatever.
    They replaced Celestial Tower with Mistralton Tower due to the former being a cemetery. For the same reason, Lavender Town was heavily abridged in the anime, and Mt. Pyre and the Lost Tower were skipped. In this case, the writers probably don't want to bother with the Abyssal Ruins' history (which is a mess even in the games), including but not limited to the grave of an ancient king.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I was about to ask is this the episode we were seeing in the preview? The next ep might bring back the Kami trio legends.
    Obviously, but most of the preview is probably from the next episode, or possibly the one after that.
    Last edited by Silktree; 23rd August 2012 at 01:40 AM.

  9. #9
    Moe
    Moe is online now
    Registered User Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    952
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    The ordering of the episodes seems odd here - I'd have thought that Marlon would have a bit of an involvement with an episode about an undersea temple, but there's that nursery school filler in between the two. I wonder how they will go about engineering the reason for Ash going down there, something that would be far easier to do if they had Marlon there to take them down to sightsee. I suppose that's needed to avoid having him there for the Team Rocket episodes, but it still seems odd to go undersea two episodes after a water Gym.

    Since we're going underwater, can Palpitoad and Stunfisk finally get some screen time together again?

  10. #10
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    The ordering of the episodes seems odd here - I'd have thought that Marlon would have a bit of an involvement with an episode about an undersea temple, but there's that nursery school filler in between the two. I wonder how they will go about engineering the reason for Ash going down there, something that would be far easier to do if they had Marlon there to take them down to sightsee. I suppose that's needed to avoid having him there for the Team Rocket episodes, but it still seems odd to go undersea two episodes after a water Gym.
    It's not as if Marlon helps the player in the games with much of anything; he even expresses a clear philosophy about not getting involved. I would think that Team Rocket would kidnap Meloetta, leading Ash and co. to follow them to the temple.

  11. #11
    A giant among men SammyW27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,057
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    Wonder if Manaphy will stop by from the temple down the road?

    Though it would be kinda neat if Walker, Pokemon Ranger, showed up to help.


    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Note: Undersea Temple is similar to the Abyssal Ruins' Japanese name. The key difference is "Temple" instead of "Ruins".

    Yet, like the Celestial Tower, they aren't using it for some reason.

    Whatever.
    They replaced Celestial Tower with Mistralton Tower due to the former being a cemetery. For the same reason, Lavender Town was heavily abridged in the anime, and Mt. Pyre and the Lost Tower were skipped. In this case, the writers probably don't want to bother with the Abyssal Ruins' history (which is a mess even in the games), including but not limited to the grave of an ancient king.

    Thank you. Everyone needs to remember that the Pokemon creative staff are the most spineless people in the entire anime industry (outside of 4Kids (inrony!)).
    Last edited by SammyW27; 24th August 2012 at 03:02 PM.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

  12. #12
    Registered User L-05308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Yateley, England
    Posts
    487
    Blog Entries
    11
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Since we're going underwater, can Palpitoad and Stunfisk finally get some screen time together again?
    Stunfisk having a role in somthing important? That's almost unheard of.
    Palpitoad having a role? That's even rarer.

    I think they've lost out by not focusing on their relationship, we'll probaly get to see Oshawott and Samurott/Mantine if the new rival is sticking around.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    241
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

    Why is Palitoad and Stunfish in this episode?

  14. #14
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

    We have no idea who's in this episode aside from the regular cast and Rockets.

  15. #15
    A giant among men SammyW27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,057
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

    Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Since we're going underwater, can Palpitoad and Stunfisk finally get some screen time together again?
    Stunfisk having a role in somthing important? That's almost unheard of.
    Hey, him being in the opening over Pansage has to mean SOMETHING, right?
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 25th August 2012, 04:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •