PREVIEW: BW94: Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantain VS Daikenki!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: BW94: Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantain VS Daikenki!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW94: Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantine VS Daikenki!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It is not as if Dawn wasn't focused on in that episode.
    That's not what I meant (I wasn't that clear). The battle itself, like the battle between Pochama and Yannapu (and also Kirikizan vs Enbuoh as another titled, short battle), might be incredibly short and just a way to show of Shizui. I think it's too early to make solid guess on Kotetsu being the new rival.

it doesn't get much clearer than that.
    Yep, it says how Kotetsu is the new rival is in there.

Sarcasm aside, we don't know why he knows this kid yet. I'm not saying he isn't a new rival for Satoshi, I'm saying that the assumption he is at this current point in time is hasty.

Blog Entries

I really wanted Cabernet to get a Daikenki so the rivals could at least have the final evolutions of the three starters since I don't think Satoshi's Tsutarja and Mijumaru will evolve.

I'm probably like the only one here who's excited to see Shizui than Kotetsu.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering they're making an ENTIRE episode about some kid battling a NEW Gym leader, and he has a Samurott no less, its pretty obvious this is the new rival the scans hinted about.

This is probably going to be his 8th badge and he's likely headed to the league after this. So this means Ash may go up against all the starters in the league:

Serperior = Trip
    Embroar = Bianca
    Samurott = This kid

The writers don't make Gym battles for random filler kids, he's obviously Ash's new rival.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Kotetsu is most likely the character that explains the "meeting" part of the previous episode's title. I wouldn't be surprised if he were Ash's last opponent in the league.
    While that may be possible, Ash usually battles characters/rivals that are introduced relatively later than other recurring characters in the anime first in league competitions. Of course, this is assuming Kotetsu is indeed the "new rival" that has been up to speculation so far.
    Yes! If this is the last badge Kotetsu needs, then that will mean that we'll see him in the Unova League. The writers are giving him this episode to establish him and his Samurott as a threat for Ash to beat in the league.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 20th August 2012 at 09:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    While that may be possible, Ash usually battles characters/rivals that are introduced relatively later than other recurring characters in the anime first in league competitions.
    In every league so far, Ash's last opponent has been a character introduced for the league. That makes it more than just possible that he will face Kotetsu (or whoever the new rival is) last.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    That's not what I meant (I wasn't that clear). The battle itself, like the battle between Pochama and Yannapu (and also Kirikizan vs Enbuoh as another titled, short battle), might be incredibly short and just a way to show of Shizui. I think it's too early to make solid guess on Kotetsu being the new rival.
    It is more likely than not that Kotetsu will have more screentime than Marlon will, considering that Ash will meet him first. Are you implying that Kotetsu will end up losing very quickly, with Ash replacing him? I don't see why Kotetsu and Samurott would even be featured in this episode if that were the case. This isn't a tournament where there have to be filler battles.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Hmmm so this kid could be a plot device for not only giving ash a rival, and to an extent Oshawott ala Turtwig/Toterra, but also a way to get the older regions in, considering how he has a Japanese name. This character could be a breath of fresh air, and I hope he does.

Blog Entries

Summary translated from Sushi at Serebii:

In order to watch Kotetsu's Gym Battle at the Seigaiha Gym, Ash and his friends head to the Gym with him, but...!?
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    Hmmm so this kid could be a plot device for not only giving ash a rival, and to an extent Oshawott ala Turtwig/Toterra, but also a way to get the older regions in, considering how he has a Japanese name. This character could be a breath of fresh air, and I hope he does.
    I hope he isn't the only league participant that uses older Pokémon. I am actually surprised that they appear to be rare even in eastern Unova.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW94:Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantine VS Daikenki

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    The kid's name is Kotetsu. Kenyan isn't in this.
    Whoops! It should have been Dageki for it to be Sawk, not Daikenki xD. Thanks!

Paul says hello. Plain looking characters can be interesting once given a good personality and story.
    I completely agree. Just because they don't have an unnatural design, it doesn't mean that they'll suck. He looks like a fun person. His name is odd, though. Ko means "child" and testu means "iron" in Japanese. "Iron Child"?
    Well, he does have Riolu, a Pokemon who evolves into a Steel-type as his mascot it seems.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In order to watch Kotetsu's Gym Battle at the Seigaiha Gym, Ash and his friends head to the Gym with him, but...!?
    This is the reason that I think this kid is the new rival. If Ash is going somewhere specifically to see his gym battle it probably means he's somehow important. However, I think this would be way more awesome.

Kotetsu battles Marlon and loses (just)

Ash battles him (Oshawott, Leavanny and Pikachu) wins and gives his badge to Kotetsu (or keeps it so that he has eight well earned badges rather than Homika's rubish one)

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

I'm happy that Marlon appears finally, but it's a bit unfair that he only gets an episode, while the other Unova GLs appeared in two or more. I'm not totally ruling out he might appear again later on during some skirmish.

It would be neat if Ash, after seeing the Kotetsu/GL battle (a close one, maybe), wants to unofficially battle Marlon.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

kotetsu, eh? my first thought was tiger & bunny ;p
    a pokemon x t&b crossover would be pretty fab, now that i think about it...

personally i think this kid might be a rival along the lines of ritchie - have a brief, friendly rivalry with ash for a couple episodes and then never show up again. he just doesn't look interesting enough to warrant more appearances. :/ so excited to see marlon though! now that he's shown up i wonder if elesa will appear again soon with her new design... ♥

my fanfiction.tumblr. ★ claims:

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    I'm happy that Marlon appears finally, but it's a bit unfair that he only gets an episode, while the other Unova GLs appeared in two or more. I'm not totally ruling out he might appear again later on during some skirmish.

It would be neat if Ash, after seeing the Kotetsu/GL battle (a close one, maybe), wants to unofficially battle Marlon.
    He should only get one episode. Since Ash isn't battling him there really isn't much to show other than a filler for him. And that's not necessary.

Blog Entries

In order to watch Kotetsu's Gym Battle at the Seigaiha Gym, Ash and his friends head to the Gym with him, but... they find Cabernet there with her newly evolved Daikenki ready to earn the last badge that'll guarantee her entry in the League!?
    #denial

Lame.

Glad to see Shizui appear but damn writers... you have a recurring characters with that line, who's earned at least one badge, who's mentioned training for battles, who's in dire need of a good battle, who would actually gain a lot from participating in the League... and instead we get a lame kid with a lame design who looks like the ubercommon shonen hero archetype. I don't know this character, and at this point in the series, I don't care to know him. Show me Cabernet, show me Bel, but this is just... not enticing in the least.

Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Well! They ARE going with Isshu has more than 8 Gyms!

Looks like Drayden won't be totally screwed over after all!

Though I am a little disapointed with the new rival. I was kinda hoping it would be Hilda, Mei or Hugh. Oh well.
    Last edited by SammyW27; 20th August 2012 at 06:39 PM.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast